Ashes619 gallery - Updated 28/1 - Nissan GT-R

• Thread starter ashes619
  • 1,003 comments
No, it isn't bad at all....just doesn't look as good as it should. As in it would look miles better if there was motion going on.

Did you use the default shutter speed for the pic?

Just to give you an idea. For most of my racing shots, I normally use Panning Mode 3, lower the Shutter Speed as far down as it can go, I think it's around 60 (?) and Focus at 4.0, then aim at the car, and press square for auto-focus.

I feel like if you'd done that, that shot of the RX-7 would have looked great.

But hey, I'm still learning too, I'm sure there's lot's of other theories.

Just keep practising, you can already see improvement through your gallery 👍

I believe the 2nd and third RX-7 picture would've been better is the car was actually hitting the apex of the corner while you were taking pics (or drifting through the corner, whichever one works for you 👍 )

All-in-all though, like said in above posts, i see the improvement in your pics!

If you're trying to go for an action-ee pic, and i'm sorry if i'm just repeating someone else, try using panning mode 2 or 3, should help somewhat.

Nice pics, I love the drift pic with the RX7 about to in the Micheline tunnel. The rest are good, but like the other poster said I would reduce the shutter speed.

Thanks. I will try to reduce the shutter speed but I might forget. :guilty:

Just to give you an idea. For most of my racing shots, I normally use Panning Mode 3, lower the Shutter Speed as far down as it can go, I think it's around 60 (?) and Focus at 4.0, then aim at the car, and press square for auto-focus.

I feel like if you'd done that, that shot of the RX-7 would have looked great.

But hey, I'm still learning too, I'm sure there's lot's of other theories.

Just keep practising, you can already see improvement through your gallery 👍

Thanks for the advice. Nice to know that people do think I am improving.

I believe the 2nd and third RX-7 picture would've been better is the car was actually hitting the apex of the corner while you were taking pics (or drifting through the corner, whichever one works for you 👍 )

All-in-all though, like said in above posts, i see the improvement in your pics!

If you're trying to go for an action-ee pic, and i'm sorry if i'm just repeating someone else, try using panning mode 2 or 3, should help somewhat.

Taking pictures of me hitting the Apex sounds good to me. Will try it some time.

Here are my pictures of the Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7 at Suzuka

Suzuka-Mazda.jpg
Suzuka-Mazda-10.jpg

Suzuka-Mazda-9.jpg
Suzuka-Mazda-8.jpg

Suzuka-Mazda-7.jpg
Suzuka-Mazda-6.jpg

Suzuka-Mazda-5.jpg
Suzuka-Mazda-4.jpg

Suzuka-Mazda-3.jpg
Suzuka-Mazda-2.jpg

Suzuka-Mazda-1.jpg

Last edited:
More of my Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7

Kyoto-Mazda.jpg
Kyoto-Mazda-1.jpg

RoadCourse-Mazda-3.jpg
RoadCourse-Mazda-7.jpg

Tsukuba-Mazda-9.jpg
Tsukuba-Mazda-7.jpg

PM me if you want any pic in Full size;)

Last edited:
I like these three:

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd420/ashes-619/Gran Turismo 5/Kyoto-Gion_1-1.jpg

Very nice lighting and angle on this one. The lighting from the lantern is great for stuff like this.

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd420/ashes-619/Gran Turismo 5/SuzukaCircuit_9.jpg

This one I like because of the framing and the contrast of the yellow with the blue filter. Watch out for that banding though.

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd420/ashes-619/Gran Turismo 5/SuzukaCircuit_1.jpg

I like how you captured the action in this one. The background action adds some depth to the frame, and the generous headroom enhances the water spray.

SuzukaCircuit_2.jpg

This one stands out the most for me, very close to looking real... managed to avoid those dreaded jaggies. 👍

Extra Audi pics from Top Gear Test track and Photo Travel

TopGearTestTrack-Audi-2.jpg
TopGearTestTrack-Audi-1-1.jpg

Kyoto-Audi.jpg
Kyoto-Audi-2.jpg

Kyoto-Audi-1.jpg

PM me if you want any pic in full size;)

Last edited:
EDIT: My favs!

My chrome-line Audi. Enjoy ;)
TheTopGearTestTrack.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_2.jpg

This one stands out the most for me, very close to looking real... managed to avoid those dreaded jaggies. 👍

Stellar work on the Photos,mate! Loved those close up shots as well! What I really wanna know is.... where are the jaggies in your pics?? :confused:

p.s Would help if you had a caption before every picture. Makes it easier for us to reference the one we want. 👍

Last edited:
Stellar work on the Photos,mate! Loved those close up shots as well! What I really wanna know is.... where are the jaggies in your pics?? :confused:

Got no clue where the jaggies are. I guess I am just lucky when I take the photo's ;)

Nice update, love the pic of the R8 kicking up grass. kdash01 the jaggies don't always come up, never if your lucky.

This pic is pure awesome, never seen anything like it! 👍

Thank you. It is one of my favorites.

Nice update, love the pic of the R8 kicking up grass. kdash01 the jaggies don't always come up, never if your lucky.

Thanks. The pic of the R8 kicking up the grass is my favorite pic in this set. Took me a little while to get it right but I think I got there in the end. :D

bmxmitch Double post. I actually preferred the one that you had on the first post but everyone likes different things.

Thank you for commenting 👍

the funny thing on the other one is, that it looks like that he's starring at the plant. :D

But they are both nice. I just liked the focus on the other one a bit more. ;)

Either he's lucky or he must've clicked around a hundred times to get it right. I'm guessing it's the latter ;)
I somehow fell in love with that shot! 👍

You should take 2 shots of this one. One focussed on the plant and one on the car and let photoshop work it's magic for ya! 👍

Definitely starting to pick things up now, keep it up. 👍

The Amemiya RX-7 at Kyoto (the rear angle) is awesome by the way.

Either he's lucky or he must've clicked around a hundred times to get it right. I'm guessing it's the latter ;)

You should take 2 shots of this one. One focussed on the plant and one on the car and let photoshop work it's magic for ya! 👍

I honestly just lucky. I usually aim the camera where I want it, set up the filters and all the other little things and then the pictures is taken. I then save it unless there is something seriously wrong with it.

Also I don't like Photoshopping my photos so you won't see any of those.

Definitely starting to pick things up now, keep it up. 👍

The Amemiya RX-7 at Kyoto (the rear angle) is awesome by the way.

Thank you for your kind words 👍

I like the plant picture. Tells a nice story and I'm more inclined to look at the driver instead of the car. Very nice. 👍 This one is great too. :D

Back