Asian/HKG/TWN GT5 Prologue players feeling left out?

  • Thread starter Thread starter skyc280
  • 20 comments
  • 2,282 views
Messages
263
Man Asian version sucks so bad, not only the news were never updated, GTTV never updated and there is no news of when we will get the update for our GT5.

Any other players feeling the same?
 
that is the japanese version

i meant to say the HKG/TWN version which is in Chinese
 
.. there was a chinese version? when did that come out...that'd blow thoroughly if they didnt update it. but i'm sure they will.
 
it came out feb 15th, there was absolutely nothing new about it not even in the news or the GTTV to date..and no news of when the game will get updated
 
Man Asian version sucks so bad, not only the news were never updated, GTTV never updated and there is no news of when we will get the update for our GT5.

Any other players feeling the same?

The Asia version will get the update later. This had something to do to limiting download traffic for JPN and Euro version.

My projection is the Asia version will get their update when the NA version is launched.
 
i bought the HK version..will sack it off tomoz tho as my EU one should be in the post.

why would you not just buy the EU release for the sake of £20..?? I dont understand everyones beef..fair enough you may have put hours in building your garage etc..but think of all the extra practise you have over the EU crew
 
Yeah i got the asian version too lol, i always wondered why there was only opening on gttv! Cant wait for the euro version im hovvering over the psn store and checking every 5 mins.......how sad is that and i already have the game so to speak
 
yup... I feel the same way. Was looking forward to coming home from work to download the spec II update. Turns out it was only for the Japanese version... Sucks bigtime. What's worse is that there is even no announcement whether the Asian version will get an update at all.
 
I feel left out because Play.com havnt delivered mine yet. Looks that way till Monday:nervous:
 
Hi guys, any news on when our Asian version will get the update? Seems kinda unfair that the JPN,UK, and US versions all have been upgraded to spec II while we, who were among the first ones to buy prologue, have been totally neglected by PD. Hope the Asian update is still coming our way...
 
yea i was wondering about that also
i got the GT5 chinese version and no update :(
and to make it worse not alot of players play on chinese verion
 
you guys were not the first ones at all, th HK version which you have was released much later than the jp version.

Funny story, I actually ordered the HK version, because I hoped some kind of English manual would be included, then I got postponed and I had to blackmail yesasia to send me a jp version instead.
It sucks that you haven't gotten the update yet.
But hovering over the psn store won't do any good. It will just happen when you boot gt5p.
What is the user base like for the HK version? many players online?
Good luck. If I or anybody else hear anything, this is the place to let it be known.
 
I originally was going to order the Asian version but Yes-Asia dropped the price of the Japanese version so I ordered that instead (fortunately).
 
you guys were not the first ones at all, th HK version which you have was released much later than the jp version.

Oh no no bro, I said 'among the first'. :) I know the Japanese version came out like a month or so before the Asian version came out. But our version definitely came out way before the UK and US versions.


Funny story, I actually ordered the HK version, because I hoped some kind of English manual would be included, then I got postponed and I had to blackmail yesasia to send me a jp version instead.

Hehe wish I had done that instead. Lucky you bro. :)

What is the user base like for the HK version? many players online?
Good luck. If I or anybody else hear anything, this is the place to let it be known.

I honestly don't know much the user base is but I can tell that I've never raced online with more than four players. And that's during the weekends which I would assume would be the time for most racers to be online. So, I guess we don't have that many players huh?

Hey thanks man, do let us know if you find anything out. And if anybody else gets a wind of something regarding the update for the Asian version kindly do post it here as well.

Cheers guys!
 
just bought a US version and loaded up the savefile from the forums
man even GTTV is loaded compare to nothing in asian version
 
yea the asia version got the short end of the stick but
i think im just going to stick with the chinese version for now
until the full version comes

can i add u guys to my ps3 friend list just to play chinese version online? :)
 
My game says that the time and date settings are wrong and when I go back to the main PS3 menu they are right. Might just be the software on the game man I dont know.
 
yea the asia version got the short end of the stick but
i think im just going to stick with the chinese version for now
until the full version comes

can i add u guys to my ps3 friend list just to play chinese version online? :)

Sure bro, I'll add you up when I get home from work. I think I raced you before, not sure though :)

EDIT: by the way, what time do you usually go online?

My game says that the time and date settings are wrong and when I go back to the main PS3 menu they are right. Might just be the software on the game man I dont know.

Solved that by going to date and settings on the xmb and then select update via the internet option. :)
 
I would also like to know when exactly will the Chinese (Asian) version get its update.. I can hardly find players to play with in the Online Events of the Asian version, especially these days. I knew that the server for the Asian version should be including Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore... but I don't know why there is always that little number of players playing it. :ouch:

Actually I've pre-ordered the Asian version from a gameshop near my home since 10 Dec and thought it'd be released on the 21 Dec.. but unfortunately it was postponed till 15 Feb. I got it a few days earlier and got a GT5 Prologue jacket as a bonus gift for pre-ordering the Asian version. :D

While waiting for the release, I finally got a copy of the JPN version in late January as I was dying to play GT. :p I can easily find full grid for each race I entered. Although there's some lag at times (at Spec I's times), it's still much fun racing with human. :dopey: On the other hand, the JPN version always get the update first, and I'm so glad to be the owner of the JPN version.
 
Sure bro, I'll add you up when I get home from work. I think I raced you before, not sure though :)

EDIT: by the way, what time do you usually go online?


i usually go online
canadas time weekdays
morning 8:30a.m. to 9:30a.m. got work and school after :|
then 4:00p.m. to 6 or 7 pm

but for the weekends i just play ps3 all day long lol :)

lol i only raced in the sport car league with my Z because i find that more fun then using supercars
 
Back