Assassin's Creed

• Thread starter tha_con
  • 198 comments
And the begger women and "mentally unwell" (the first time I ran into one I assume it was an enemy and killed him :() people roaming the streets are somewhat irritating.
You can punch them to make them go away, and that won't upset the guards. I like going up to those "prophets", punching them, and watching the crowd just go "whatever", and walk off.

To me, this game almost feels like Grand Theft Auto set in the middle ages. It's not quite as mindlessly violent, but many of the same elements are there. Running over people while on horseback is good for a giggle :D.

I like going up to those "prophets", punching them, and watching the crowd just go "whatever", and walk off.
Actually, if you really want to, you can kill them, and the crowd does the same thing. The instant the knife goes in, they just wander off.

You can punch them to make them go away, and that won't upset the guards. I like going up to those "prophets", punching them, and watching the crowd just go "whatever", and walk off.

To me, this game almost feels like Grand Theft Auto set in the middle ages. It's not quite as mindlessly violent, but many of the same elements are there. Running over people while on horseback is good for a giggle :D.

It's just a shame we couldn't ride the horses in the city. Full speed in a horse down a crowded street would just be hilarious.

Well, I know it's my first post in this thread, but I've played through the game already and I got it on Christmas... actually, I had it complete before the new year. I love the game, but it's too short. The story line is odd to say the least and the fighting sequences are so repetitive... Also, you can't go anywhere you like, you have to follow a certain path unless you're in the city, then you can do anything. Another problem is that you're supposed to try and remain anonymous throughout the game, however it's easier to fight off guards than run away and hide. Especially if your objective is right in front of you.

9 1/2 month bump.

Really enjoying this. Nice challenge, enjoying trying to do rooftop killings in Acre.

I just beat the PC version yesterday too.

On one of the last areas, I was climbing up the side of a building, and some woman goes "THERE HE IS!" and chucks a rock at me. It knocked me down while she ran off screaming "HE'S ATTACKING ME!!!" and then the guards started to chase me. I chased her down and got rid of her first.
:mischievous:

I almost bought this game instead of Oblivion. One of the things that made my decision is this: is there really no system of currency in Assassin's Creed? I read this at some website.

I almost bought this game instead of Oblivion. One of the things that made my decision is this: is there really no system of currency in Assassin's Creed? I read this at some website.

Yes, but there is nothing for you to actually buy on the game, you get given your weapons by earning them. Not buying them.

I see. Sounds like a fantastic game anyways. I'll wind up getting it eventually.

It's a good game, very little replay value (unless you feel like just randomly going and jumping from building to building killing the occassional guard in a movie-esque style) but aside from that it's fairly good.

Any way to get rid of those annoying beggars in a non-violent way?

Just gently push repetively and then they tend to go away, if not then stab them then go into blending mode (praying mode) or whatever you want to call it. Atleast that's how I remember it.

It's a good game, very little replay value (unless you feel like just randomly going and jumping from building to building killing the occassional guard in a movie-esque style) but aside from that it's fairly good.

that's okay! who has time for massive replays of some of these games anyways? lol They keep making new ones that keep getting better and better

Any way to get rid of those annoying beggars in a non-violent way?
If you mean voilent as in getting the guards to chase you, then you can just punch them and they'll run off.

Generally while walking around I'll keep my fist "equipped" and just hit people who get in my way.

It's crazy how much my opinion on this game changed from first showing to my first plalythrough.

It just never clicked with me. :(

me neither. I got it for christmas last year and i just traded it in this week, And i only played it for a few hours. I just couldnt get into it.

Back