• Thread starter Corsa
  • 79 comments

Would you rather Kunos...

• Support/Add content to Assetto Corsa

Votes: 46 45.1%
  • Work solely on Assetto Corsa 2

Votes: 56 54.9%

• Total voters
Probably because no hints towards new content were given in the end of the year blog and content needs to be saved for AC2 launch.

Possibly. I just cannot imagine Kunos going through 2018 without releasing anything at all. That could be a new game late in the year or some mid-year DLC release which won't steal the whole show. I could be wrong. Maybe there will be silence until news about the next game emerges and that will be it.

Whatever their intentions are they have a fairly die hard following of eager sim racers patiently waiting for some information.

The poll came out swinging hard to support AC1, but now is showing more prefer AC2 with a new engine to support day/night/weather transitions.

We can all suspect AC2 is the plan, or being worked on and another teaser or straight up confirmation would be very cool.

Whatever their intentions are they have a fairly die hard following of eager sim racers patiently waiting for some information.

The poll came out swinging hard to support AC1, but now is showing more prefer AC2 with a new engine to support day/night/weather transitions.

We can all suspect AC2 is the plan, or being worked on and another teaser or straight up confirmation would be very cool.
Not to mention full replays on and offline. I saw a post Marco made saying it would take quite some work to add it in to AC1. So a new game is a must really.

Not to mention full replays on and offline. I saw a post Marco made saying it would take quite some work to add it in to AC1. So a new game is a must really.

I agree.
Full replays, leaderboards, day/night/weather would all be indicative AC2 is happening.

Which leaves my thoughts now what sort of timeframe/year Kunos is looking at for a release.

I remember that old video/stream that Kunos was doing (maybe related to force feedback or another topic), there was an opened window that was titled "Assetto Corsa 2". I'll try to find that if I can.

EDIT: Here you go I found it:

At the start of the video, notice the chrome bookmarks on top.
It could be a regular bookmark though :confused:
Note that this video is about 1 year old!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I was hoping they would name it Assetto Corsa Evoluzione. Time will probably tell what the URL refers to, but maybe some big online event in the existing title?

ACC ≈ GTS. To me, this name might imply a focus on online competition, which is probably AC's weakest link when comparing it to PC and GT.

I would be happy with that as long as they don't compromise their foundations with artificial aids to cater to a wider player base. I'm OK with giving hosts he option to allow TC, ABS and ASM on cars for which such things never existed. This is how the game is now. I just hope they do not compromise the actual physics in any way.

Something AC needs is an AI auto-drive function for if you pause the game, go to PS menu or a controller disconnects. GT has this. I mention it because there is one artificial aid that I can get behind that would use that AI: any time someone ventures a set distance off track, or they end up facing the wrong direction, the AI would take over and auto-drive them back onto the track as quickly as possible. It could automatically account for and yield to traffic. Probably a tall order, but based on how smart and effective their AI is I feel like they could do this well. The obvious alternative would be an instant reset type thing like in GTS, which I don't like but could live with if executed properly. I know this will be an unpopular opinion here. "Let em swim" and all. But I'd rather see AC do well. This wouldn't hurt the core of what the game is, would only serve to retain more fans.

the AI would take over and auto-drive them back onto the track as quickly as possible.
Wish the game could simply do that for ai cars, because after a crash they can't get back on track. It happens every time and it's not very smart:

anyway, on topic :

I was hoping they would name it Assetto Corsa Evoluzione. Time will probably tell what the URL refers to, but maybe some big online event in the existing title?
assetto evoluzione sounds like a sequel, competizione doesn't, smells of esports to me. maybe @DeadHero is right and it could be a side project / spin off.

High chance of asseto corsa 2 coming out than GTR 3.

GTR 3 I have a feeling may not even come out this year. They announced it last year we only a got a few screenshots last feb 2017. Ever since no trailers, no teasers, no new screenshots. Simbin or sector 3 have either put gtr3 on hold it seems they are focused with raceroom experience.

With the news of ACC, my opinion has changed. Kunos would be doing the right thing making AC2. The biggest reason I changed my opinion is from the teaser f ACC. I have no doubts about the teams ability to produce a new iteration. Sure I am still reserving final judgement until I play ACC, but I feel a fully featured Assetto Corsa will be delivered when the dust settles. So, bring on ACC and eventually AC2. What ever that will be.

ACR. Although less people are interested in Rallycross, not Rally as in WRC, I'd love to see an ACR in the future. This is probably never going to happen.

ACR. Although less people are interested in Rallycross, not Rally as in WRC, I'd love to see an ACR in the future. This is probably never going to happen.
You never know. Though i we just see an AC2 with rally, rally cross etc. Otherwise if we see singular discipline titles from Kunos we may never experience cars like the Porsche 917K, Moby Dick, Ferrari 312T and the like with Kunos physics again.

Back