Assetto Corsa Competizione British GT Pack DLC Hits Consoles April 28

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by GTPNewsWire, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

The British GT Pack is apparently due at 17:00 UK&I time.

GingerBredMan, MarcoM and GlamFM like this.
  2. TT92

TT92 Premium

Which makes it tomorrow (29th) GMT +8 for me in Australia. Usually, with a lot of games we are lucky enough to get the first crack at all the new stuff because of our relation to the International Date Line. It appears we missed badly this time >:-(

3. Racer294

Racer294

Just in time to crash PS Store servers. I know probably unlikely,but noon EST also. Kinda not ideal.

4. I wonder what Kunos are up to. Usually there is always content on the Horizon, all of their scheduled content has been released and theres no confirmed DLC on the horizon. Leads me to assume they're working on a new game.

Edit: Or working on moving ACC over go UE5

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    GingerBredMan likes this.
  5. John G

John G

I don't think it's even a rumour anymore, it's all but confirmed they are gonna do a followup to AC.
    ACC was basically a convenient test bed for UE4 to see if its suitable to use in that next game or not.
    However I hope they keep ACC alive with more content when the virus eases up and things can start happening normally again, US and Asia pack would be cool.
    In the meantime, would be nice if kunos could help out D3t for a couple weeks!

MarcoM, ykiki and GingerBredMan like this.
  6. GingerBredMan

GingerBredMan

I was holding out hope that there might be a GT2 update down the road, but doesn't seem likely.

7. GingerBredMan

GingerBredMan

Apparently it's been released, but I'm not seeing it in the PS store.

8. GlamFM

GlamFM

DLC unlock is live on PS4/5, but the patch is not yet.

It´s there.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2021
  9. GingerBredMan

GingerBredMan

Still not showing for me, might be a regional thing.

This game can be really annoying sometimes.

BIG CAROLINA likes this.
  10. MarcoM

MarcoM

I don't see the update either over here in the Netherlands.

11. killerjimbag

killerjimbag

Update is live in Canada.

12. BIG CAROLINA

BIG CAROLINA

I got the update also but when I launch the game and try use the new tracks, they are locked even though I have the season pass. However, the season pass has the 24.99 price as if I didn't purchase it? Something is wrong with the American release it seems.

mc0029 and GingerBredMan like this.
  13. Donnced

Donnced

Next Gen version isn't still in development as Marco masarutto stated in a Italian interview a couple of days ago

14. GingerBredMan

GingerBredMan

I'm in the same boat, just finished the download. I think the issue is the dlc itself isn't available in the store yet. Not sure why though.

Apparently multiplayer is down as well.

mc0029 likes this.
  15. killerjimbag

killerjimbag

Yes everything is screwed up.

mc0029 and GingerBredMan like this.
  16. PletdeKoe

PletdeKoe

Well I bought it, but the tracks are still locked.... argh

17. MarcoM

MarcoM

I got it. Tracks are nice, cars too.

Except for the GT4 Merc. It still has the left front tyre misaligned on the rim.

18. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

They abandoned the next-gen version? No, that is hugely disappointing! Thanks for the heads-up as it puts it to bed.

19. bleeder

bleeder

But does he mean "isn't still" or "still isn't"? As one means it's been started then cancelled, and the other means not yet started. Surely it'll happen, right?

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  20. aaron0288

aaron0288

Think there’s something lost in translation here. Someone on the Kunos forums stated that Marco said the next gen version hasn’t even started development yet, not that it had been cancelled altogether.

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  21. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

Well I really hope you are correct Aaron.

aaron0288 likes this.
  22. GingerBredMan

GingerBredMan

5 hours later, still nothing for me.

BIG CAROLINA likes this.
  23. What's the time stamp? I'll take a listen to it, I dont have time to watched the whole thing.

24. aaron0288

aaron0288

I’m not sure. Was just a passing comment from someone who I assume had watched the whole thing. Might be worth having a quick look in the comments to see what’s being said if you don’t have time to watch it, see what the consensus is.

I honestly wouldn’t panic. We’re going by one comment that Donnced has made... I haven’t seen anywhere else where someone has said this. I’m going with the “it’s still coming but hasn’t started development yet”.

25. aaron0288

aaron0288

Quote from the guy who posted on Kunos forums...

“Marco talks, among other things, about the differences between PC and Console versions of ACC, patch delivering process and delays for consoles and the impact of Covid on the development of the console version of the game.
    He apologizes for not being what console players expected but he knows that and their working on it.

The interviewers asks him about the New Gen Console version of ACC and from Marco's answer it seems like the development hasn't even started yet :(but from the way he reacts to the question it could be like he's not giving details on purpose waiting for an official announcement but doesn't give any timeline about it.”

26. Racer294

Racer294

When does PS Store update? DLC still not available. US account.

27. GingerBredMan

GingerBredMan

Yeah I don't think we're getting it today...

28. Racer294

Racer294

Horse hockey!

29. GTP_Jonjig

GTP_Jonjig

Not sure if I just timed it right but I've just downloaded the dlc off the psn store , pretty confusing though .
    I bought the season pass but psn is now saying I can buy it , but if you go into add ons , the British gt dlc is there to download and its marked as free .

ongias25 likes this.
  30. notsofast

notsofast

Fired up my Xbox this morning. Had to download an update of around 9-10GB. Opened up the game which said version 1.72 on the title screen. Tried to cut some laps around Oulton Park and then realized I had to install the BGT pack outside the game. Closed the game and installed the pack. Fired up the game again and now the game is now installing itself on my console.........even though the game is already installed..

Rather unamused at the moment-that's the polite way of saying it..

GingerBredMan likes this.