Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X in 2021

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 2,214 comments
Edit: Apparently these are the patch notes:

ACC update 1.009.002 Patch Notes – August 1, 2023
Fixed a track limits detection issue at Laguna Seca.

– Fixed a potential brake ducts bug during pitstops

– BOP fine tuning for Kyalami, Donington, Spa and Nurburgring.

– BMW Sim Attack liveries

Last edited:
Argh, 60% off is bad. I bought the British and US track packs, then was looking at the Challengers Pack. I don't really play those cars much on my PC version, but at €4 it's so little money that I bought it anyway. <sigh>

Only missing the 2022 pack on the Xbox now. But I've played Valencia on the PC and don't really mind not having it. I can always buy it in the future when it's also priced off.

Edit: Now I remember how bad the GT3s are on Oulton Park. If the real cars have it so bumpy on this track it amazes me that British GT drivers can keep the car on the tarmac the whole race, especially overtaking.

Edit2: Ok, it's bumpy as heck, and if there's rain you see cars off the track all over the place.... Overtaking is also almost impossible...

Last edited:
Haven’t had time to go online for a race but jumped on for a quick 10 min race with ai at Watkins glen, ai 92,90.
Started 19th and battled up to 3rd in the new mclaren, some ai trying to pass off line and making the odd mistake makes them feel so human.

Game is in such a good state right now, just wish I’d more time to enjoy it but with kids off school for summer won’t get on much time for proper racing until September.

Ditto. I'm a teacher so I'm currently on my summer holiday. That means my four year old is also off, so no chance till like after 9pm when the little bugger finally goes to sleep, by which time I generally can't be bothered. And repeat daily till I go back to work.

It depends on what tracks you favor. I have all except the last two DLCs. I prefer the pack Kyalmai and Laguna Seca. The Challengers packs has a trio of Us tracks and the British pack has tracks in the UK. I can't recall a couple of the other ones right now

I own all the packs (7/7 on PC. 6/7 on Xbox), so I have a clear opinion on each.

A quick summary per pack, ordered from my favourite to my least favourite:
  • Intercontinental GT Pack: 4 great tracks (Bathurst, Laguna Seca, Kylami, Suzuka) make this a top choice.
  • GT4 Pack: 11 new car models. GT4 run about 8-10 seconds slower than GT3 on each track, since they have much less aero. It's a lot of fun to race them since it feels very different from the GT3.
  • 2020 GTWC Pack: Adds Imola (which is a great track), but also shores up the car list so you can race 2018-2021 GT3 seasons without missing a single car.
  • British GT Pack: Adds Oulton Park, Snetterton and Donington Park. Oulton is really tiny for GT3 cars and feels like almost a hazard to race. But Donington is a big favourite of mine so I prefer this pack to the US pack.
  • American Track Pack: Adds Indianapolis, COTA and Watkins Glen. These are better tracks for GT3 cars than the British ones, so for most people I'd place this above the British GT Pack. Depends on your preference.
  • Challengers Pack: Adds the 2022 Audi EVO II (needed to simulate the full 2022 GT3 season), Lambo Super Trofeo, Ferrari 488 Challenge, Porsche 911 Cup and BMW M2 TCX, but no tracks. Still, these cars are unique to drive. Particularly the Porsche since it has no traction control and the BMW since it's a good 5-6 seconds slower than a GT4 and is yet another diverse option. The Lambo and Ferrari have slightly more power and less downforce than GT3 but are not hugely different.
  • 2023 GTWC Pack: Adds the 2023 Lambo Huracan GT3 EVO 2, Porsche 992 GT3-R and Ferrari 296 GT3, plus the Valencia Track. However right now ACC doesn't simulate the full 2023 season because it's still underway, so you can only race them in Open racing. I'd save this one until the end of the year when they can be used to properly simulate the 2023 season.

So yeah, this is my view on which DLC packs to pick. Especially if you are on Xbox and can get the -60% off sale it's worth picking up a few of them.

Last edited:
Thanks @skazz , thats a really detailed reply and answers my question perfectly. I am on PS5.
Think there is enough for me to be working on without the packs at the moment now I have got it downloaded.

Last edited:
Thanks @skazz , thats a really detailed reply and answers my question perfectly. I am on PS5.
Think there is enough for me to be working on without the packs at the moment now I have got it downloaded.
Take your time and stick with it, the cars react in a more logical way.
Start slowly and feel your way into it, keep an eye on tyre temps and make sure not to push too hard towards overheating them.

It’s really rewarding to drive once you’ve a feel for it, the immersion is second to none and with it being one of the more realistic sims you’ll find it won’t do anything you wouldn’t expect it to do.
Your going to enjoy this, great choice you’ve made!

The more I play this game the more I love it. Did my first online races this weekend :crazy: Wow, only really raced online before with FM7 and it blew that out of the water. Came 2nd in my first full race because a) it was Monza and b) there was a mass pile up half way through the first lap just before Ascari. Love the handling, the graphics, the sound, everything. I hope AC2 is as good.

The more I play this game the more I love it. Did my first online races this weekend :crazy: Wow, only really raced online before with FM7 and it blew that out of the water. Came 2nd in my first full race because a) it was Monza and b) there was a mass pile up half way through the first lap just before Ascari. Love the handling, the graphics, the sound, everything. I hope AC2 is as good.
Are you playing on controller ?

A better wheel probably won't make you faster, just improve consistency and make it easier to fix bad situations....

I'm having a blast with the career so far but the game crashed on my Series X and wiped out my 1-1 finish at Hungaroring (easy noob mode). It's so much fun to play that I don't mind booting it up and trying again though.

Last edited:
I'm having a blast with the career so far but the game crashed on my Series X and wiped out my 1-1 finish at Hungaroring (easy noob mode). It's so much fun to play that I don't mind booting it up and trying again though.
Be careful not to replicate my mistake, I managed to get through an entire weekend finished the last endurance race and decided to watch a bit of the replay, the game crashed when I tried to finish the replay and you guessed it - I lost the entire weekend. Haven't played it since!!

Wow, only really raced online before with FM7 and it blew that out of the water.
First time I came out of the pits I thought I was flying a fighter jet. The audio is amazing.
Never driven a real car in my life (I'm only 59) only scooters (proper Italian ones) :lol:
My dad used to have a battered Lambretta (or it could've been a Vespa) hanging up in his garage. Think he sold it to some enthusiast, it would've been a shame to scrap it.
Be careful not to replicate my mistake, I managed to get through an entire weekend finished the last endurance race and decided to watch a bit of the replay, the game crashed when I tried to finish the replay and you guessed it - I lost the entire weekend. Haven't played it since!!
What a gutter, mate. This is exactly what happened to me (although thankfully only with a sprint weekend). I won't be touching the replays again in a hurry. Console peasants like me only get the final few laps anyway compared to the PC master race. :lol:

Last edited:
I just wish we were able get the Supra and Mustang.
The Mustang GT3 is not in the 2023 field, though, so that would be a 2024 addition to both real life and the game?

When it comes to updates it would be awesome to have Magny Cours and Hockenheim to complete all of the 2018-2023 circuits used in the GT World Challenge.

Other awesome updates would be GT4 cars added (like the McLaren Artura GT4, Supra GT4, Evo versions of the M4, R8, etc...), Yas Marina (for Intercontinental GT Challenge), Algarve (for British GT).

The Mustang GT3 is not in the 2023 field, though, so that would be a 2024 addition to both real life and the game?

When it comes to updates it would be awesome to have Magny Cours and Hockenheim to complete all of the 2018-2023 circuits used in the GT World Challenge.

Other awesome updates would be GT4 cars added (like the McLaren Artura GT4, Supra GT4, Evo versions of the M4, R8, etc...), Yas Marina (for Intercontinental GT Challenge), Algarve (for British GT).
The Mustang GT4 been available since 2017. Especially, been racing in British GT. No one has been able to explain why it’s not been included. I’m sure the pc players have it. Just odd to me, on PS5.

I decided to spend some time checking on all the major GT3/GT4 series tracks used around the world in 2019-2023, to compare to ACC. It's a bit big, so I'll spoiler it:

1691858784140.png

I decided to spend some time checking on all the major GT3/GT4 series tracks used around the world in 2019-2023, to compare to ACC. It's a bit big, so I'll spoiler it:

I already ran Misano, Zolder and Hungaroring for the first time and they're all great tracks I've never played before in other games. Bless you Kunos.

The Mustang GT4 been available since 2017. Especially, been racing in British GT. No one has been able to explain why it’s not been included. I’m sure the pc players have it. Just odd to me, on PS5.
The game's GT4 car selection is identical on PC and console (believe me, I have both).
This car list for GT4 was licensed from the European GT4 series of 2019.

• Aston, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Alpine, McLaren, Ginetta, KTM, Porsche, Chevrolet, Maserati
  • As expected, these 11 brands as actually raced in 2019 in the GT European Series were included in the DLC
  • Added Toyota
  • No changed cars
  • Audi R8 Evo introduced, Porsche Cayman Clubsport RS introduced. No new cars
  • BMW M4 gen 2 introduced, McLaren Artura introduced

So yeah, unless you can convince a real life GT4 team in the European Series to license and use a Mustang, then it would never appear in ACC.

The game's GT4 car selection is identical on PC and console (believe me, I have both).
This car list for GT4 was licensed from the European GT4 series of 2019.

• Aston, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Alpine, McLaren, Ginetta, KTM, Porsche, Chevrolet, Maserati
  • As expected, these 11 brands as actually raced in 2019 in the GT European Series were included in the DLC
  • Added Toyota
  • No changed cars
  • Audi R8 Evo introduced, Porsche Cayman Clubsport RS introduced. No new cars
  • BMW M4 gen 2 introduced, McLaren Artura introduced

So yeah, unless you can convince a real life GT4 team in the European Series to license and use a Mustang, then it would never appear in ACC.
I’m going by pc users modding it in. I can understand the licensing of the European Series. Would British GT series be under a different licence?

You asked for a Mustang GT4 explanation so I gave one :

They licensed 2019 British GT tracks and GT3/GT4 liveries in the DLC Pack.

This means they skipped both the Mustang GT4 and Jaguar F Type GT4 which were racing that season.

I guess they simply didn’t want to put the extra effort in to add more GT4 cars since the pack was already big with 3 tracks and multi class racing added? Or it was pure limited licensing…:

Heck maybe they weren’t allowed to add two cars to the GT4 field due to their GT4 Europe license? The Jaguar was never SRO homologated after all.

Back