Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X in 2021

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 2,174 comments
Uploaded latest patch, did my wheel settings and button binding. Set ffb to 35. Now when I start, the ffb automatically increases to 100!! Using fanatec Dd pro. Ps5. Any advice.
I had this before the latest patch.
I made sure to save 2 separate wheel profiles saves and changed them everytime i started the game, that seems to fix it.

Not sure if it's the same post patch but worth trying if you are stuck, it's quicker than manually setting the ffb everytime.

I had this before the latest patch.
I made sure to save 2 separate wheel profiles saves and changed them everytime i started the game, that seems to fix it.

Not sure if it's the same post patch but worth trying if you are stuck, it's quicker than manually setting the ffb everytime.
Saved 4 wheel presets, still increase by itself. Starts at 35,then runs up all the way to 100..

Attachments

• IMG_20221111_110726.jpg
    IMG_20221111_110726.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 10
I’m going to jump on soon.

You should be able to click on the car and it displays the various teams/liveries.
At the car screen where you would normally pick the teams, there aren't any other choices. You click on the team name and you get that sound indicating there are no other choices. I haven't ran a full field Porsche Super Cup race to see if there are other cars and teams but I would think there has to be.

Can anyone on PS5 confirm/deny if the Fanatec encoders work with this second patch for PS5?

I’m gonna be away from my system for the next 5 days.

Anyways…

Im absolutely loving this game! Started my season a few days ago. All races are going to be minimum 1 hour in length with a couple 2 and 3 hour “double points” races for good measure. Currently, I have the AI set to 95-skill and 93-aggressive. Seems to be my personal sweet spot to not get dive bombed at every corner, and the AI doesn’t obliterate me during a race. It’s crazy how good the AI is in this game. It’s almost like racing against real people. The way they defend, flash you when they’re coming through on qually laps…or just straight lapping me in a race. They’ll try to out-brake you, and sometimes outbrake themselves. I think GT7 for the time being, is only going to be used for COTW stuff, daily races I happen to like, and FIA. Other than that, I’m just having waaaay too much fun atm in ACC.

At the car screen where you would normally pick the teams, there aren't any other choices. You click on the team name and you get that sound indicating there are no other choices. I haven't ran a full field Porsche Super Cup race to see if there are other cars and teams but I would think there has to be.
Okay, when I click on the 911 car, it opens up 15 alternate colors. The Huracan ST ‘21 does the same. Move all the way to right and select “63”. It opens up 10 more Color choices.

Okay, when I click on the 911 car, it opens up 15 alternate colors. The Huracan ST ‘21 does the same. Move all the way to right and select “63”. It opens up 10 more Color choices.
911 car or 992 car?

I knew the Huracan had other choices but the ones on the left were just in numerical order. I didn't go all the way to the right to see if others opened up. I'll do that probably tomorrow.

911 car or 992 car?

I knew the Huracan had other choices but the ones on the left were just in numerical order. I didn't go all the way to the right to see if others opened up. I'll do that probably tomorrow.
The 2021 992, second car. Not the Earl Bamber car.

I note with disappointment that on Series X the micro stutter that infested the old version is now back with this update. , Almost resembles frame time skips when turning into and out of corners, every time they aim for improvement they mess something else up, it's like the gaming equivalent of Newton's 3rd law.

It's like they used old buggy version. Mirrors are back as well. What a losers. PC version is fine and if something happened they can fix it. This is a mess since release.

PS5 version has strange vibrations on a gamepad since 2 months. I am not sure why my controller should vibrate all the time on the left side.

Back to waiting for next patch...

It's like they used old buggy version. Mirrors are back as well. What a losers. PC version is fine and if something happened they can fix it. This is a mess since release.
Yeah I’ve just tried my PS5 version and it exhibits none of the glitching/twitching in the corners the series X version does which is odd, it seems to me like you said they’ve gone back to the old version which seems almost impossible but how they eliminated this issue and then brought it back is beyond anyone’s comprehension,

I agree my PlayStation 5 version of the game does not exhibit the same horrible glitching in the corners that this series X version does how they could revert it back to the old frame time issues is anyone’s guess

Last edited by a moderator:

PS5 version has strange vibrations on a gamepad since 2 months. I am not sure why my controller should vibrate all the time on the left side.

Back to waiting for next patch...
One of the big mistakes of untold games is that they build the Next Gen upon the oldgen code made by D3T ldt which was already a bugfest since launch. (23th June 2020).

They should have done the Next Gen version from scratch directly based on the PC core version.

Other mistake is that they are a little studio, not at all expertised in racing Sims, but in vr games based on unreal engine.
In the last update they've been working on it till the day off launch,so, easy to say that it wasn't tested as it should be neither, making the game users the "testing team".

Other mistake is that 505games is apart of being the publisher, the voice between development studio and the users, reports go through them, they take care of the online servers of console versions..

And last mistake is that kunos themselves should have made directly the console version, even it was only the next Gen version of it, just like they did personally the original assetto Corsa version and support for consoles.
And at least involve themselves a lot more in the ACC console version with the dev team and don't let the console version customers aside like they do since ACC console version launch.

After nearly 3 years of ACC on console, personally don't expect to have a good polished version near of the PC version with little to none bugs.
So I expect that Next patch will have problems and all the after oncoming one's.
Don't gonna buy any game from them either at launch, and even less if it isn't ported and supported by kunos themselves.
Same thing for the DLC's, big no, not a good base game, not a good support, no longer money from me.

Last edited:
Can anyone on PS5 confirm/deny if the Fanatec encoders work with this second patch for PS5?

I’m gonna be away from my system for the next 5 days.

Anyways…

Im absolutely loving this game! Started my season a few days ago. All races are going to be minimum 1 hour in length with a couple 2 and 3 hour “double points” races for good measure. Currently, I have the AI set to 95-skill and 93-aggressive. Seems to be my personal sweet spot to not get dive bombed at every corner, and the AI doesn’t obliterate me during a race. It’s crazy how good the AI is in this game. It’s almost like racing against real people. The way they defend, flash you when they’re coming through on qually laps…or just straight lapping me in a race. They’ll try to out-brake you, and sometimes outbrake themselves. I think GT7 for the time being, is only going to be used for COTW stuff, daily races I happen to like, and FIA. Other than that, I’m just having waaaay too much fun atm in ACC.
I also do an hour long for each race at a minimum.
The fact it can take 5 to 10 laps to close a car down a few tenths per lap and then maybe a couple more to pull off the overtake replicates real life racing as best as I have seen a game ever do.

The fact it can take 5 to 10 laps to close a car down a few tenths per lap and then maybe a couple more to pull off the overtake replicates real life racing as best as I have seen a game ever do.
I'm intrigued by your long races. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time. I'm doing the 30 minutes races in the British GT Championship. It has 1 pit stop.

Would you share your settings please? Are you doing custom races or a specific pre set competition? How many pit stops? Weather changes? Tire degradation?

Strange that we dont have the damper setting on console 🤔

Good point, I forgot about it. On consoles, should still be applicable?

I think this is the one you are talking about.
For reference, Aris talking about “Damper” option inside of Options>Controls, an improvement or extra layer of customization for damping, at least for PC users with version 1.8 is available.

Good point, I forgot about it. On consoles, should still be applicable?

I think this is the one you are talking about.
For reference, Aris talking about “Damper” option inside of Options>Controls, an improvement or extra layer of customization for damping, at least for PC users with version 1.8 is available.

Yes, that is what I was referring to. ( Aris videos is great for information).
I see a lot of people in the forums having problem with oscillation etc.
With 1.8 it should have been included in the settings.

Totally agree! I’m finding these are the exact reasons this game is appealing to me so much. The slip stream and dirty air isn’t totally overpowered like in Gran Turismo. And even unlike longer FIA or daily C races, you have to be very methodical in your approach. If you push too hard your tires will start going away. If you try to take too much kerb, you’re going to get punished.

Ironically, once the tires are up to temp, I actually find the cars in ACC much easier to drive than in Gran Turismo. I’m guessing this is because the aero and TCS is much better simulated in this game

I see what you mean. It does open up other colors for the car. But what I was referring to is that in the race, there are other car numbers and drivers shown.

318455457_porsche-992-super-cup-teams-copy.jpg

See #28, #93, #55 etc.? Those cars also have different liveries than the two we get to drive. Are we going to get access to those other cars or do we just get the two choices?

Speaking of the 992 Porsche Super Cup this was my first actual race with it and I've got to learn I have to really be careful applying throttle out of low speed corners. I spun it a few times being a little too aggressive on the pedal.

The dirty windshield effect isn't present on any of the Challenge cars I've driven.

I test drove the BMW M2 and it's the most numb feeling of any of the new cars.

I see what you mean. It does open up other colors for the car. But what I was referring to is that in the race, there are other car numbers and drivers shown.

318455457_porsche-992-super-cup-teams-copy.jpg

See #28, #93, #55 etc.? Those cars also have different liveries than the two we get to drive. Are we going to get access to those other cars or do we just get the two choices?

Speaking of the 992 Porsche Super Cup this was my first actual race with it and I've got to learn I have to really be careful applying throttle out of low speed corners. I spun it a few times being a little too aggressive on the pedal.

The dirty windshield effect isn't present on any of the Challenge cars I've driven.

I test drove the BMW M2 and it's the most numb feeling of any of the new cars.
I believe it’s because of grid count. There are only 16 Cup Cars. When it’s a grid larger than the liveries available and Using custom liveries are enabled, it’ll generate additional numbers.
I made a grid of 29 cars and they are all different numbers. There are a few multiples of the black liveried AI cars.

Totally agree! I’m finding these are the exact reasons this game is appealing to me so much. The slip stream and dirty air isn’t totally overpowered like in Gran Turismo. And even unlike longer FIA or daily C races, you have to be very methodical in your approach. If you push too hard your tires will start going away. If you try to take too much kerb, you’re going to get punished.

Ironically, once the tires are up to temp, I actually find the cars in ACC much easier to drive than in Gran Turismo. I’m guessing this is because the aero and TCS is much better simulated in this game
The difference of grip between cold tyres and tyres which are up to temperature is massive.
After a pit stop you have to remember to not go all out attack and build temperature before pushing.

Very addictive, I've had my issues with the game with bugs etc but at the minute it's in a great state to enjoy some quality racing.

I'm intrigued by your long races. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time. I'm doing the 30 minutes races in the British GT Championship. It has 1 pit stop.

Would you share your settings please? Are you doing custom races or a specific pre set competition? How many pit stops? Weather changes? Tire degradation?
I create championship based on tracks I like (no one wants to do an hour at Paul ricard)

Practise - 10 minutes to remember braking points
Qualifying - 10 minutes - chaos with traffic always makes it interesting
Race - one hour with mandatory tyre and refuel pit stop, dynamic weather and tyre wear on

This works for me as I have around around 2 hours spare in the evenings after my little one goes to sleep.

Would love to do 2,3 hour races but I just don't have the time

Just experienced a jumpy RC F in my rear view mirror. :rolleyes: Only happened at Bathurst, on a 17% wet surface, 17% cloudy conditions, 22 degree 11:00 AM session, using the M4 GT3.

Argh. Looks like the encoders on Fanatec rims still don’t work on PS5
It works on my McLaren wheel.
Maybe something in your settings?

If I’m not mistaken, you can set them to auto / constant / pulse.
I believe Constant is the right setting and then you can bind the numbers
accordingly.

I’m not at my wheel of pc, so I’m not 100% sure. All I know is, that it works on my wheel. GT DD base btw.

Last edited:
It works on my McLaren wheel.
Maybe something in your settings?

If I’m not mistaken, you can set them to auto / constant / pulse.
I believe Constant is the right setting and then you can bind the numbers
accordingly.

I’m not at my wheel of pc, so I’m not 100% sure. All I know is, that it works on my wheel. GT DD base btw.

Gotcha.

Now exactly how do I do that? Is that something I’ll have to connect to a PC in order to enable?

Back