Assetto Corsa Competizione Console Release Looking Unlikely

I think they hesitate at this point I believe it's because they have never worked with this game engine before and have no idea if they can make the game they want and have it optimized enough to run on a vanilla console.

Yes, I take their comment as deliberately not saying one way or the other because chances are at this point they really have no idea if they'll be able to port it to consoles or not. I'm sure they would like to port it if possible but they've learned not to comment until they have something concrete to report.

Yes, I take their comment as deliberately not saying one way or the other because chances are at this point they really have no idea if they'll be able to port it to consoles or not. I'm sure they would like to port it if possible but they've learned not to comment until they have something concrete to report.
I think it is also possible they may have one eye on a potenial next gen console releasing next year or the year after. Mignt not be wirth the effort for current gen if thats the case.

I'm pretty sure and keeping my feet in cold water, that ACC will come to current gen consoles.

The full/final edition of ACC will come out propably at late 2018-early 2019 (PC).That means that if it find its way to consoles it would be mid 2019 or early 2020.
When next gen consoles will be on market.So if the title comes at consoles,logical it will be a next gen console title and not a current gen.

Could be, but I don't expect next gen consoles before 2020 anyways. I think it'll come eventually, that's what I feel. It would make a big sales loss if they didn't.

Could be, but I don't expect next gen consoles before 2020 anyways. I think it'll come eventually, that's what I feel. It would make a big sales loss if they didn't.

Experts in the industy say that the next gen consoles will be out either in 2019 or 2020.So it is logical to assume ACC in next gen consoles and not in the current gen.
With that said I dont understand what you mean with "big sales loss".You propably mean "potential" profit from offering the title on consoles that by the way is not guaranteed.
All we know is that :
-ACC may or may not be a multi-platform title (until Kunos state one or the other).
-ACC is a PC title -atm- with early access this summer.

Yes of course I meant sales figure will potentially be lower without consoles, which is obvious of course. Judging by how much AC sold on consoles, i don't think they can afford not to bring it to consoles, i mean profit and financial wise.

I now think that next gen PS console will come late next year. People have upgraded to the Pro, many others think about ugrading. I think many people would be ready for a PS5 next year. I know I am.

I now think that next gen PS console will come late next year. People have upgraded to the Pro, many others think about ugrading. I think many people would be ready for a PS5 next year. I know I am.

For what the PS5 will cost, you could just get an entry/mid grade PC and be done. Free yourself man!

For what the PS5 will cost, you could just get an entry/mid grade PC and be done. Free yourself man!

With the cost of the GPUs and other components lately, I highly doubt it. I know the mining thing will not last forever but I doubt prices will go back to pre-mining era.

Besides, as a PS4 owner and a simracer, I would like to jump to a PC but it's not that easy.
I'd have to lose on all other games I play with my real-life friends (all of them on PS4), I'd have to lose the investment I made in the ecosystem. Also buying a PC would probably require other purchases to make it worth it (probably occulus/triples etc...). For me, to make a jump to PC on a single monitor is just stupid. The biggest advantage I see in PC simracing is VR and triple screens, even more important than the unavailable-on-console games! So that also require a considerable space in the house too.

In summary, 3 things keeps me away from it: Friends, Money, Space.

(Sorry for jumping onboard your conversation with LanciaDelta).

With the cost of the GPUs and other components lately, I highly doubt it. I know the mining thing will not last forever but I doubt prices will go back to pre-mining era.

Besides, as a PS4 owner and a simracer, I would like to jump to a PC but it's not that easy.
I'd have to lose on all other games I play with my real-life friends (all of them on PS4), I'd have to lose the investment I made in the ecosystem. Also buying a PC would probably require other purchases to make it worth it (probably occulus/triples etc...). For me, to make a jump to PC on a single monitor is just stupid. The biggest advantage I see in PC simracing is VR and triple screens, even more important than the unavailable-on-console games! So that also require a considerable space in the house too.

In summary, 3 things keeps me away from it: Friends, Money, Space.

(Sorry for jumping onboard your conversation with LanciaDelta).

All valid points.

I use one screen, it's really all I need at this point just a small 32" 1080p directly behind the wheel.

I think I had 5 people on my friends list during the modern warfare craze.
I probably have more friends here which is ironic as most are on console.
Yes money it was $700 to be able to run games on ultra, and I probably would have fps issues if I tried VR.

Back on topic, it was the ACC announcement with console uncertainty and the 8,000 mods for AC that pushed me over.

The main takeaway here: Don't make friends, they just hold you back. :lol: :lol:

Yeah that and Steam depleting my savings account.
1515300019_200 (1).gif

Good. I hope it never does. Leave that garbage with zero variety on PC. This is a dumb cash grab. They should be working on AC 2, not taking steps backwards.
Oh come on.

" Will AC Competizione be available on PC Steam only, or on console too?
Right now, all our efforts are going into developing Assetto Corsa Competizione on Steam, during Early Access."

https://505games.com/assetto-corsa-competizione-community-faq-blog
from ACC community faw blog.

They simply dont want to give a clear answer.

EDIT
If the case was a "YES" then why avoid giving any info in this matter?
In case of a "NO" I can see why they avoid saying anything with all the problems AC has at the moment -consoles- plus the Ultimate Edition is getting into the market for consoles.How can it sell well if at the same time they would say "ACC is not coming to consoles"?
In the case of "no" they would probably just say "no." I'm sure they're a pretty long way off of knowing whether they'll be able to manage a quality port to current gen consoles, let alone the timeline to delivery.

And yes, surely they're keeping an eye on the next-gen console wild card. Digital Bros probably growls at any mention of that. Current gen release = more money sooner (huge existing install base.) Next gen release = less money later.

I know the mining thing will not last forever but I doubt prices will go back to pre-mining era.
It will depend on the competition as well. If AMD can be a strong competitor then hooray!

The biggest advantage I see in PC simracing is VR and triple screensmods
I would put it like that. VR is probably it going forward. Besides, triples are ridiculously expensive now compared to the Oculus.
You can also add peripherals to the list, as pretty much everything is compatible.

Oh come on.

In the case of "no" they would probably just say "no." I'm sure they're a pretty long way off of knowing whether they'll be able to manage a quality port to current gen consoles, let alone the timeline to delivery.

And yes, surely they're keeping an eye on the next-gen console wild card. Digital Bros probably growls at any mention of that. Current gen release = more money sooner (huge existing install base.) Next gen release = less money later.

For the title to come in this gen they need time that they dont have.There are bigger developers that cannot (and rl proves that) develop a new title in 1,5 year.How can a smaller studio pull this off?
By the time the title would be ready for consoles,the next gen will be on the market (propably).
Thats why I dont expect the title to come to XB1/PS4 and actually from this point of view,it make sense why they did not give a "Yes" or "No".

It will depend on the competition as well. If AMD can be a strong competitor then hooray!

I would put it like that. VR is probably it going forward. Besides, triples are ridiculously expensive now compared to the Oculus.
You can also add peripherals to the list, as pretty much everything is compatible.
Yeah completely forgot about the mods.
When I watch some youtube videos by the top simracing channels about some mods (especially AC) my mouth start watering...

Well. That is the plan. I have just officially sold my house and I am planning on getting a new PC and wheel. My friend can get me a good discount, problem is I am having difficulties finding a new home or a good place to rent. I have to be out in 2 weeks, I cant find any homes that I can move into until June. And even rentals I cant find available until a week or 2 after I have to move out. Also I have thought of a good business plan I want to put my efforts into so I'm kind of debating wether I want gaming to distract me. Or I could just put a limit on myself and only play on weekends. Its all so bloody stressfull at the moment.

Why would you sell your house without having a place to move to? That's like quitting a job without having a job to go to.

Well. That is the plan. I have just officially sold my house and I am planning on getting a new PC and wheel. My friend can get me a good discount, problem is I am having difficulties finding a new home or a good place to rent. I have to be out in 2 weeks, I cant find any homes that I can move into until June. And even rentals I cant find available until a week or 2 after I have to move out. Also I have thought of a good business plan I want to put my efforts into so I'm kind of debating wether I want gaming to distract me. Or I could just put a limit on myself and only play on weekends. Its all so bloody stressfull at the moment.

Is the housing market in the UK that limited?
Surely you could find an adequate apartment within a couple weeks that would work for the short term.
Or, just move over here to the states. There's a house for sale/apts for rent on every corner over here.

Why would you sell your house without having a place to move to? That's like quitting a job without having a job to go to.
I sold my house 15 months ago, but it fell through. I accepted another offer just before Xmas but red tape took !longer than expected. Without making sure my house was legally sold I couldn't commit to another property. I nearly did that 15 months ago and I would have been in bad spot.

Is the housing market in the UK that limited?
Surely you could find an adequate apartment within a couple weeks that would work for the short term.
Or, just move over here to the states. There's a house for sale/apts for rent on every corner over here.
I can find places to rent or buy immediately if I'm flush with cash. The ones that are in my budget, Many of them aren't available until June. Some of the ones to rent are dives and /or don't allow pets ( not getting rid of my cat no matter what). Some of them are in horrible areas or too far from where I need to be.

I found a nice house that isn't ready untill junE but it was sold in an instant. I have a house viewing on Saturday. I have considered moving to Italy for a couple months until a house is ready instead of renting here for a couple couple months.

So to summarize the author: "Unlikely means not likely, ergo ain't happening..." while in the comments, "Er, unlkely don't mean no...lern to talk good Engleesh." What are you, 15? Just own up to composing a misleading click-bait article.

'Author admitting a mistake looking unlikely' :sly:

Now, apparently, that can mean either the author will never admit to a mistake, or that the author thinks that initially he won't admit a mistake, but may eventually. Evidence seems to favor the former... LOL :lol:

I'm sure when they got brought out those buyers were expecting a return on their investment. Consoles would play reasonable role in the revenue generation and I'm sure they have more than just ACC on PC in the pipeline to generate revenue in the years ahead.

I'm sure when they got brought out those buyers were expecting a return on their investment. Consoles would play reasonable role in the revenue generation and I'm sure they have more than just ACC on PC in the pipeline to generate revenue in the years ahead.

Of course, they will most certainly make Assetto Corsa 2 which will definitely come to the 2020 launching PS5 and XB2.

Well we got forza till then

That would be merely a consolation price for a sim racers mindset :D

My speculation however is that we won't see another Forza related title on the current gen after FH4 anyways.
I think they squeezed whatever they could out of the current gen with Forza 7 and will also with FH4 in terms of open world.
You already see the cuts in visual fidelity they had to take in Forza 7 to bring in dynamic weather and native 4k for the X. I doubt they have anything left in the tank for FM8 on this gen. My speculation is that there will be only DLCs for both games throughout 2019 and 2020 and that we will see FM8 as a launch title in 2020 for the new console(s).

Last edited:
Ok. I’m
Ok with a little waiting as long as both amhave amazing dlc. I still haven’t gotten assetto corsa on Xbox but the sale is making me tempted as it is the best real real real sim. Then forza. So it might be worth getting maybe. But I’m not sure. I do hope assetto corsa makes more games for Xbox. I think assetto corsa and forza are the top ever racing games.

Ok. I’m
Ok with a little waiting as long as both amhave amazing dlc. I still haven’t gotten assetto corsa on Xbox but the sale is making me tempted as it is the best real real real sim. Then forza. So it might be worth getting maybe. But I’m not sure. I do hope assetto corsa makes more games for Xbox. I think assetto corsa and forza are the top ever racing games.
What are you still waiting then? since you know it's the best out there and it's on sale!

Back