Assetto Corsa Competizione Could Come to Consoles "If the Performance Is Good Enough"

Even on PC grids are restricted to 29 AI cars at most circuits. Spa is one exception. Since the consoles CPU is rather weak, i dont think there will be more AI cars then 22. AI and physics in ACC are much more complex then in PC2.
22? No way. AC had 16 and you needed a Pro with boost mode to make 16 car races at 60. No more than 12 on base machine for the same. UE4 is an easier load on console than Unity is, but not 6 cars easier.

I was very surprised when it was announced for this gen consoles. I'll buy it on PS5 maybe - that's if I don't get it for my gaming PC.

22? No way. AC had 16 and you needed a Pro with boost mode to make 16 car races at 60. No more than 12 on base machine for the same. UE4 is an easier load on console than Unity is, but not 6 cars easier.

I was very surprised when it was announced for this gen consoles. I'll buy it on PS5 maybe - that's if I don't get it for my gaming PC.

On the other hand PCars 2 doesn't have this limit and it is similary demanding as ACC...

On the other hand PCars 2 doesn't have this limit and it is similary demanding as ACC...

That is why I have grids of 16 cars in pc2 on the ps4.

I admit, pc2 does a very good job, even with 32 cars on the grid. With 16 cars, the performance drops and lower graphics are a bit nicer I think.

In AC on my base ps4 I stick to 12 car grids.

I admit, pc2 does a very good job, even with 32 cars on the grid. With 16 cars, the performance drops and lower graphics are a bit nicer I think.

Yeah i also don't play with 32 cars. But at least 16 would be good (but i hope for 22 for example)

But I believe ACC calculates the same physics for all AI cars that it calculates for the player car.
PCars2 doesn't do that IIRC?

But I believe ACC calculates the same physics for all AI cars that it calculates for the player car.
PCars2 doesn't do that IIRC?

I doubt it to be honest. It would support something like 4 cars on track then on base PS4 if it is true. Having same physics on AI is waste of resources when you can just balance simpler physics well enough.

I always use the maximum amount of cars per track when playing PC2, I don't see to much drop in quality.
One thing you can't really compare PC to PS4 yea PC has greater CPU but we don't know the tricks that a programmer can do to balance things out a bit.
If you are a programmer on PSN then you can give more insight but just assuming because of the past is not so.
If PC2 can give us 32 cars then I can't see why ACC can't give use 22 cars but we can go back and forth guessing.
If you have a beta off ACC then ok you truly know the full facts, thinking about it how comes no beta tester has dropped any clues.

@Hygrade B , I hope you're right :)

And I agree pc2 runs quite good with full grids, but with just 16 cars just even better.

I think it is one of my OCD's where I think every game should run the same or that I should always use the same driving view.

The hordes staring at me when I use chase cam in my real car :P

Having same physics on AI is waste of resources when you can just balance simpler physics well enough.
I don't know, I kinda like the fact that the AI has to abide by the same "laws of nature" as myself on the track. At least it means they won't be able to pull some magic **** on me. :lol:

Speaking of AI, I have to say that I think the AI of ACC is a big step up compared to AC. So you have a lot to look forward to in that department.

I will also vouch for the AI in ACC and hope they manage to translate it to the console version. It’s probably the closest I’ve found to an AI that actually behaves like real people. The only time I’ve felt they were just riding around on a predefined line was when I cranked the count up to the max (IIRC 49 AI on Suzuka) just to see what happened. I guess there is a reason they warn you when you try going above a certain amount of AI. :lol:

One thing I haven’t tried yet is how they do on longer races, but considering the circumstances I will have time to do that in the very near future.

I think CPU wise it can do, as my Ryzen 7 load keeps around 30/35%, it's probably close to full load on PS4, the physics are intense algorithms in this game. GPU wise not sure but I would guess a very good outcome can also happen.
I'm not a HW architect so cannot think how dependencies work internally, if the GPU needs work from the CPU (CPU will be very busy).
The audio is probably the same, which by itself is worth the buy already.

Also the audio, GTS has good audio, but after ACC GTS will sound like vacuum cleaner yet again. :)

Interesting there hasnt been a single gameplay video yet. Makes you wonder how the game ends up looking and performing. People are excited but no one knows how well this turns out. Good thing i can sit back and relax this time around, i play the PC Version since january 2019.

I hate it when console ports turn out bad the very last minute. Like the Bloodstained port on Switch, that was a disgrace. The original AC was miles behind the PC version. I always had the feeling i was forced to play the gimped version, and updates took so long... Fingers crossed things will be different this time around.

Interesting there hasnt been a single gameplay video yet. Makes you wonder how the game ends up looking and performing. People are excited but no one knows how well this turns out. Good thing i can sit back and relax this time around, i play the PC Version since january 2019.

I hate it when console ports turn out bad the very last minute. Like the Bloodstained port on Switch, that was a disgrace. The original AC was miles behind the PC version. I always had the feeling i was forced to play the gimped version, and updates took so long... Fingers crossed things will be different this time around.

So on the fence about a pre order due to this!

I want the extra content though, need bathurst!

I'll preorder as soon as it is available in the psn store.

I can't see this performing badly. UE4 has a décent rep on consoles. It surely runs better than their own inhouse engine. I expect a quality game. Kunos doesn't want to see their good réputation going to waiste with a messy console port.

If sacrifices are needed, they can, as long as physics and sounds stay unchanged.

I'm willing to take a bit of a gamble on this, it's like one hundred times cheaper than building a PC and running iRacing :lol:

I'm also curious about how the PS4 will handle sounds, they disabled reverb on AC ps4.

Back