Assetto Corsa Competizione Early Access Pricing, Dates, & Roadmap Revealed

Pricing themselves this low was a very good idea, I was expecting them to get butchered for the low amount of content at EA launch but this might help againest that.

It's a great pricing structure.

Aris is also doing blogs on the Kunos forum talking in depth of the physics, tire, weather and aerodynamic models.

I dont really agree. It looks cheap and good but you dont really know what you are buying.

They clearly said its not AC 2. Its Competizione with the Blancpain license and the GT3 Cars. So we dont really know if other race cars will be available or normal road cars. Or what about modding?

Assetto Corsa got famous because of the nice physics and the cars (especially road cars. Most of the driven cars online are road cars). Modding plays a big role in AC aswell.

If we assume that ACC will just be GT 3 cars then 25bucks is not that cheap. Look at the price of AC with Gt 3 cars and normal cars and modding.

Lets see and wait. (it will be very cheap at the Steam sale anyways)

I'm a bit confuse here, so if i buy the first early access, i dont have to pay for the next one?
or do i have to pay for every release each month?

I dont really agree. It looks cheap and good but you dont really know what you are buying.

They clearly said its not AC 2. Its Competizione with the Blancpain license and the GT3 Cars. So we dont really know if other race cars will be available or normal road cars. Or what about modding?

It's been extremely clear since the games announcement on 21 February.

It will cover the 2018 Blancpain series, no cars or tracks outside of the series will be included.

Modding will not be officially supported but Stefano said the door will not be closed to those that can mod within the UE4 engine.

Getting in next week at 40% off is good value to me.

$25 for 1 car and 1 track? And each update us another $25 or more and gets you just a extra car and track? And yall are ok with this? Please don't complain about microtransacrioms in GT Sport ever again if that's the case

$25 for 1 car and 1 track? And each update us another $25 or more and gets you just a extra car and track? And yall are ok with this? Please don't complain about microtransacrioms in GT Sport ever again if that's the case

I know right!?!?!? I think they're trying to compete with iRacing. Should be more expensive than iRacing if they want to really beat them though. I think each release should be $35 for 1 car and 1 track. It's worth it.

Is not $25 for each release, you pay $25 today and get to play all early access builds plus the full game when is released.
The whole point is getting to play earlier and pay less for the full product, however I don't like this drip feed type of content releasing, specially when is clear they have cars and tracks ready to go already evidenced by their demo builds they had through the year. I get that early access is not supposed to be like a full release, but at $25 you should have a bit more of a bang for your buck, racing against AI's in huracans at nurb for a whole month doesn't seem worth $25, maybe in December when there's a few more cars tracks and features it might be.

I know right!?!?!? I think they're trying to compete with iRacing. Should be more expensive than iRacing if they want to really beat them though. I think each release should be $35 for 1 car and 1 track. It's worth it.

Is it really that hard to understand?!?

I love the Blancpain series and I'm really looking forward to this. Sadly, I have to wait and hope that it's released on PS5. I did get a small taste at Spa, though, and walked away impressed by the feel and the visuals.

Is not $25 for each release, you pay $25 today and get to play all early access builds plus the full game when is released.
The whole point is getting to play earlier and pay less for the full product, however I don't like this drip feed type of content releasing, specially when is clear they have cars and tracks ready to go already evidenced by their demo builds they had through the year. I get that early access is not supposed to be like a full release, but at $25 you should have a bit more of a bang for your buck, racing against AI's in huracans at nurb for a whole month doesn't seem worth $25, maybe in December when there's a few more cars tracks and features it might be.

It seems fair to me. I get Early Access, and over time, I'll get the full game, all for $30 or so. Honestly, $30 is the most I would pay for ACC anyways, so this slow feed is fine. Just as long as the quality on the cars and tracks is consistent. That's all that matters to me.

Well, who says al the cars and tracks are ready just because we have seen them? They haven't stopped working on the phyiscs, they also clearly want to concentrate the feedback in one area.

What about the others cars? We get only Lambo and Nurb? On each release we get 1 car, so there will be 6 of them? What about the cars we already saw on ingame screenshots, I'm talking about Porsche, Mercedes, McLaren, Audi etc. There is also nothing about other tracks.

For those who are confused about the pricing, have you ever went to Kunos' page about the pricing, or did your inquiry begin and end with Jordan Greer's GTPlanet article?

The reason I ask is because Kunos has this note written at the bottom of the page...

*Buy on Steam at any time at the indicated price and get all previous and next Early Access releases, 1.0 version included
**2019 Season coming as a free update, Summer 2019

Have a look. https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/roadmap/

What about the others cars? We get only Lambo and Nurb? On each release we get 1 car, so there will be 6 of them? What about the cars we already saw on ingame screenshots, I'm talking about Porsche, Mercedes, McLaren, Audi etc. There is also nothing about other tracks.

The game is not complete.

EA gives us one car/track per month.
As you said we'll have 6 cars, 6 tracks by the end of February.

There will be 11 manufacturers representing 12 cars in the complete game releasing Q1 2019.

Here is the full car list.

• Audi R8 LMS

• Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3

• Bentley Continental GT3

• BMW M6 GT3

• Ferrari 488 GT3

• Lamborghini Huracan GT3

• Lamborghini Gallardo R-EX GT3

• Lexus RC F GT3

• McLaren 650S GT3

• Mercedes-AMG GT3

• Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3

• Porsche 911 GT3 R

Here is the full track list.

• Circuit Zolder

•Autodromo Nazionale Monza

•Brands Hatch

•Silverstone

•Circuit Paul Ricard 1000kms

•Misano World Circuit

•Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps 24 hours

•Hungaroring

•Nürburgring GP

•Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya

EA is a time of working out bugs, taking community feedback, and slowly introducing game features to make sure everything runs linear at 1.0 launch.

Last edited:

You pay 25€ for the complete game! Early Access games are that cheap because its not finished, they add more and more content till it is finished.

Literally the second and third paragraph in the article this thread was created for:

Early access begins on September 12, for €24.99 on Steam. That’s pretty cheap, though the initial build will only include the Lamborghini Huracan GT3, the Nurburgring GP circuit, and a few basic game modes like “Special Events”, “Hotlap”, and “Quick Race” against AI players.

The real value comes over the long term, however, as the early access pricing offers an effective 45% discount on the final price of the game which will contain a lot more content.

Reading: it does wonders. What this has to do with another game entirely is beyond me.

I think for those of us that took part in the original Assetto Corsa early access and were happy with both that and their post-release support, this is an exceptional deal.

To be honest, I've gotten enough value out of AC over the years that this doesn't feel like a gamble. This feels like money that Kunos have earned through their hard work. I'm happy to give it to them, and if I get some cool early access content and a great game in return for that, so much the better.

I feel about Kunos much the same as I feel about CDPR. They're one of the few developers that has provided such good value that I am happy to give them more money because I generally feel like I haven't given them enough for the entertainment I've received so far.

Each to their own though. In general pre-ordering or early access is a poor idea unless you're really willing to throw that money away. Kunos has done a reasonable job of outlining the project timeline, and unlike a dodgy Kickstarter there's no real chance that they don't deliver at all, it's just a question of the quality and content of the final product.

For those who have doubts or to whom this seems like a poor deal, the right choice is to not buy into it. There's nothing wrong with that, it's a rational decision. I suspect Kunos have deliberately limited the content available both to focus the testing that they'll receive and to dissuade Johnny Public from just jumping in on a cheap deal and being disappointed. One of the downsides of early access is that people's initial exposure to a product is in a state where it's not finished, and so that's not necessarily something that you want to put in front of people that you're trying to win over.

There will be plenty of time to buy in once the full game is released, and it won't be that much more expensive. For anyone with even the slightest doubts, the thing to do is give it time.

Latest Posts

Back