Assetto Corsa Competizione Early Access Release 7 is OUT

• Thread starter Cote Dazur
  • 13 comments
Canada
Ottawa
Assetto Corsa Competizione Early Access Release 7 is OUT NOW ON STEAM!
Assetto Corsa Competizione - Luca

Dear ACC racers –

Yes, we have been a bit silent in the last few weeks, but it was for a specific reason that we can call:
“0.7, the 0.6 we always wanted to release”.
This new title’s Early Access programme has been once again a great journey to spend with our community. Although we had a defined and scheduled roadmap from the beginning, some features were not released quite as scheduled. This has prompted the team to work on an evolution of the 6th Early Access release, adding more game features, updates, fixes and optimizations together with a new game mode, called Custom Race Weekend. The entire team appreciates the continued feedback received on the official Assetto Corsa forum and social networks, and we are happy to mention just a few of the key entries from our upcoming changelog:

Dynamic and Custom Weather: it is now possible to set a session with a pre-selected and even customized starting condition, enabling dynamic and unpredictable evolution.
Introducing visual and mechanical damage affecting bodywork, suspensions, aero and a brand-new, sophisticated tyre damage model that brings tyre management and endurance racing to a whole new level.
Introducing much-needed penalties, without which serious competition is unimaginable.
A new Multifunctional Widget that will allow players to see real-time track positions, manage pit stop requests and race strategies. This HUD element also allows the player to manage all aspects of car electronics.
Introducing rating-requirements in Multiplayer, with kick and ban commands.
Custom Race Weekend mode will allow players to set up a customized race weekend experience.
Brake air duct simulation: it is now possible to change the brake duct aperture that affects brake – and indirectly – tyre temperatures.
Introducing the SRO E-Sport GT Series Round 1 Special Event. (Note that this special event is controlled remotely, and may appear shortly following the Steam release).
And much more, including further Multiplayer and Ratings updates, optimizations, improved collisions and graphical, gameplay and user-interface updates.
Please visit our official forum, Steam and website news section to see the complete changelog.

The release date of the full version of Assetto Corsa Competizione will be announced soon, but the full release does not mean the end of development at all! In the meanwhile, let us invite all of our fans and players to Monza on the occasion of the first race of the 2019 Blancpain GT Championship, organized by SRO, where the development team and the game will be both available on-site at the first round of the SRO E-Sport GT Series on April 13th and 14th.

Here are the patch notes, they added a lot:

Changelog v0.7.0

Gameplay:
- Opened SRO E-Sports Series - Round 1 special event.
NOTE: This special event is controlled remotely and may be invisible for a short time after the release.
- Reintroducing Endurance game modes.
- Added Custom Race Weekend mode that allows you to completely customize a race weekend, including number of races, mandatory pit stops and time multiplier.
NOTE: Some features, such as the Superpole session will become available in the full release of the game.
- Introducing penalties for various on-track transgressions: pitlane speeding, cutting, failure to serve mandatory pitstop within the pit window.
Penalties include warnings, drive-through, stop&go and disqualification. Cutting is penalized depending on time gained. Cuts with large gains result in DQ straight away. Speeding in the pitlane may remove your fastest lap in non-race sessions, and serious speeding results in DQ straight away. Added penalty for reversing.
- Introducing pit stops with refuel, tyre change, damage repair and serving penalties.
- Introducing dynamic weather, custom weather and track status presets: the Weather page in the menu now allows you to select existing presets and enable dynamic weather for each single one of them. The preset defines the starting conditions, and also have a significant effect on what you can expect. Weather variability can range from 1 to 100%.
The Custom weather preset allows you to set each aspect of the conditions, including cloud cover, the intensity of rain and levels of track wetness and standing water.
NOTE: Selecting the Clear weather preset and high variability doesn't mean that you can expect drastic changes over a short period. Cloudy weather on the other hand, has a much bigger probability of producing precipitation, but variability can also render conditions to improve significantly.
NOTE: The weather is designed to be dynamic over realistic periods of time. However, as it uses game-time, the player can accelerate weather transitions by using the time multiplier.
- Various improvements in cut detection and corresponding penalties.
- Fixed engine start assist sometimes failing to restart the car.
- Added input to change secondary (Racelogic device) pages. Cycles between current laptime, delta, stint time and speed). Default key is ALT+D.
- Added input to toggle wiper on and off. Uses last selected wiper speed. Default key is ALT+W.
- Replay pause: now updated on random access.
- Replay pause: now possible to use the free camera controls with the same speed as 1x speed.
- Improved management of automatic highlights priority and avoiding flood.
- Option file for replay in [Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione]/Config/replay.json
- Added possibility to reduce saved replay time in options/general.
- Fixed wheel speed with different replay playing times.
- Fixed replay focused camera for disconnected cars during random access.
- Next car/previous shortcut is now based on relative car positions.
- Improved logic for white/yellow/blue flag and optimizations for marshalls.
- Fixed fireworks/tracklight/endmode for replay.
- Permanent spotter message groups.
- Added short wait time at the start of the formation to allow enough time for manual starting procedure.

Ratings:
- Fixed Safety Rating (SA) decaying in both race and solo conditions.
- Improved Racecraft Rating (RC) development directly after unlocking.
- Improved Consistency Rating (CN), should now be more sensitive to inconsistencies.
- Improved Consistency Rating (CC) to be less volatile.
- Improved ingame rating widget to highlight rating value gains.
- Rating widget will now allow to unlock the highest rating Competition (CP) and remain in collapsed state then.
- Added data charts and insights for SA and RC rating Driver Profile Rating Page.
- Fixed driver category assignment in Total Rating page, added Beginner and Rookie categories.
- Due to the significant changes in RC and SA, both ratings will be reset. Progress in TR, CN and CC will remain.

Visuals:
- Fixed a bug in VR that caused the racing HUD to flicker and hit performance by constantly re-rendering the overlay.
- Introducing visual and mechanical damage:
Mechanical damage affects bodywork, suspension, aero and tyres.
Visual damage affects bodywork, windows, can deform body parts and also affects the functionality of headlights.
- Added dynamic windshield dirt effects that are cleaned off during pit stops.
- Added blurred brake disc visuals.
- Fix for Dash and DashPro cameras having wrong offset/rotation when using custom settings.
- Fix for wrong camera pitch after F1 cycle with lock to horizon enabled.

UI/HUD:
- First release of the new multi-page and multi-functional widget, replacing the old Standings widget.
It contains a real-time track position page, standings, pit stop strategy and car electronics. Navigation is possible with all navigation inputs, including keyboard arrows, D-Pad and mouse.
It enables the player to control all car-related inputs (TC, ABS, wiper, lights, rain light etc.) on the fly, without having to map each key to the steering wheel/button box.
NOTE: the MFD uses navigation inputs, which means input overlap may need some bindings to be remapped.
NOTE: the MFD navigation in VR is not yet functional, thank you for your patience.
- Introducing weather forecast and grip status widget: a simple widget on the HUD that alerts the player of changing weather forecast in 10 and 30-minute projections. It is also visible on the race and setup screens.
NOTE: It shows weather forecast in real-world time, which means in accelerated sessions the forecast will be translated to a time that is easier to understand for the player.
- Fixed timing issues on car dash displays.
- Additional server information on Multiplayer lobby page, including session status and dynamic weather indicator.
- HUD pages can now by cycled backwards using Shift+F2.
- Added realtime track position widget.
NOTE: it is now the default page inside the MFD in multi-car sessions.
- Weather and Track status summary now visible on the weather tile in the Single Player page.
- Added helper information for various single player pages and the new weather page.
- Added tyre pressure readout on tyre app to help users who do not use cockpit cameras monitor tyre pressure.

Physics:
- Optimizations in multithreaded CPU calculations.
- Brake duct simulation. Influences brake disc heat and braking efficiency, but also rim and air temperature inside the tyre and thus pressure and general tyre temperature.
- Brake duct settings in setup aero screen for all cars. Setting 0 is a completely closed duct and can provoke brake fade very very fast, exceeding 1000°C. Never to be used in a real race, but added for simracer's gratification. Setting 6 is completely open and can keep the brakes very cold.
The peak temperature is of course important but keep in mind that a low setting not only heats up more, but doesn't cool down the brake in the straights, so the heat accumulates and keeps dissipating heat to the tyres.
Ideally you want your front brake HUD to show green or slight yellow at the end of your braking zone and your rear, green. Don't judge after just 2,3 braking zones. Do a couple of laps and let the brakes do some heat/cool cycles to arrive at a balanced condition.
- Suspension damage for all cars (WIP).
- Basic aero damage for all cars (WIP).
- Optimizations to tyre flex at very low speeds, to diminish or even eliminate an FFB vibration around 50kmh.
- Added tyre pressure and potential puncture influenced by riding kerbs aggressively.
If you ride stepped kerbs with low tyre pressure (cold tyre) the tyre flex might provoke pressure loss. How much pressure loss is not easy to predict, but the lower the pressure the more pressure loss will happen. Hitting the kerbs and sliding laterally over them with low pressures can result to a tyre deflation losing all pressure instantly in less than a lap. Avoid kerbs with very cold tyres at all costs. When the tyre has adequate pressure, the risk of loss of pressure is almost null so you can attack kerbs again. Be careful when racing on slick tyres when it starts raining. The tyres will lose temperature very fast and so you must avoid kerbs until you enter for your pitstop. Any pressure over 26psi is relatively safe. The whole system is complex, brand new and we are still working on it. Thank you for your patience.
- Improved collision model, which significantly benefits car-to-ground collisions. Also brings significant improvements to car behaviour when attacking any kind of kerbs.
- Start ECU assist now has more discreet intervention because of the launch control implementation. To start, just floor it in 1st gear with clutch on and revs will be limited to 5000rpm. The less start assist should aid when trying to spin around on grass after a track exit.
- Tweaked TC logic for all cars. Permits more slippage in straight line and more angle. Can result in more oversteery cars in lower TC settings so take care when track is slippery.
- Fixed bug that could cause an event to start with tyres in ambient temperature if user clicked directly on drive.
- Wet tyre adjustments.
- Slick tyres optimum pressure range now 1-2 psi higher.

Audio:
- Exterior engine volumes are now higher.
- Interior engine volumes are now higher.
- Fixed wind sound in tunnel/underpass sometimes not played properly.
- Fixed pit alarm sirens sometimes not played properly.
- Tuned exterior volume for engine reverb and reflection.
- Tuned volume attenuation curve for opponents when the player is in cockpit/chase cameras.
- New radio messages and alerts, including penalties, damage, tyre pressure warning.
- Fixed possible crash changing device for xaudio2.
- Fixed inconsistencies in ambient zone audio.
- Updated fmod to version 1.10.10.

Multiplayer:
- Fixed issue where the HUD would vanish after a session transition.
- Enabled server rating requirements, see updates in https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...server-configuration-for-server-admins.54830/
- Added dirt and visual damage to Multiplayer.
- Improved server lobby stability.
- Enabled dynamic weather in multiplayer server configuration, see updates in https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...server-configuration-for-server-admins.54830/
- Improved race-weekend track condition simulation in Multiplayer when dynamic weather is used.
- Safety (SA) and Racecraft (RC) ratings will change with a drastically reduced rate on password protected servers.
- Added server admin commands: /kick and /ban.

I bolded some of the cooler things such as damage!!

I have to say i'm a bit disappointed with Kunos right now... or should i say... frustrated? ACC still isn't working as it is intended to. I planned to do my own little pre-season championship with custom race weekends on all the existing tracks. First thing i noticed: the pit window for mandatory stops can be adjusted, but the game will switch back to 5 minutes every time i start a race. So this is a function not working right now. Problem with a 5 minute pit window: some AI drivers will miss it and get disqualified at the end of the race. Bummer. Another thing worth pointing out: you can do a 30 minute race and a 60 minute race, but 40 minutes or 45 minutes - the sweet spot for me - is not possible. Another bummer.

I did a race weekend at Paul Ricard which worked fine. Next day i did a race weekend at Monza. I set the fastest time in qualifying and i was at the top of the leaderboard. When i skipped the rest of the session, i was at the very end of the field. Bummer? I restart the whole weekend and did another Qualifying. I was in 5th place of something. After skipping to the end of the session, the game decided to put me into least place again. At Monza. Just horrible. So what did i do? I restarted the whole race weekend again, but this time without Qualifying. I set myself to the first starting position and was leading the race for 15 minutes. Then it was time for the mandatory pit stop.

When entering the pits at Monza, the automatic pit limiter didn't work. It was working at Paul Ricard, but not here. Also, the pit crew was missing. I spend some time trying to figure out how to change tyres, but it seems to be impossible in this sprint format. Another bummer since this is a CUSTOM race weekend! There are even more problems, unfortunatley. First, i'm unable to map my G29s buttons as i want to. The game simply ignores most of the buttons. There is a new HUD-interface with this updates, a widget that should allow you to manage your cars setup on the fly, but as you can imagine, this isn't working probably either. I just wasn't able to activate it, change it, use it.

The new update introduced dynamic weather. This is nice, but since you can't change tyres in the type of race weekend i did (mandatory stop) you will be forced to finish the race with slicks in heavy rain if the weather decides to change. I switched off the dynamic weather in the end.

When it all comes together, there is a lot of stuff simply not working. The games logic is deeply flawed right now. I just hope Kunos will sort out all of these issues till release but right now, its just frustrating.

Version 0.7.1 hotfix patch notes, courtesy of the official forums:

Dear #ACC racers,

a new hotfix has been released! Please restart your Steam client and download it now!

- Fixed a bug in some tracks where pitwall proximity would invalidate the lap.
- Removed penalty audio message at the end of the race.
- Fixed incorrect #26 Special Event description.
- Fix for MFD losing focus after a pitstop.
- Fix for potential setup initialization issues when changing game modes.
- Fix for Real-Time display showing lapped entries in non-race sessions.
- Missed changelog entry from initial release: default keyboard mappings have been changed to free up the arrow keys for MFD navigation.
Custom mapping for various controllers will be implemented at a later time. Thank you for your patience.
- Fixed auxiliary light mesh not fitting the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3.
- Fix for lack of expected rain probability with high variability percentages when setting high cloud density and dry track surface.
- Repair time added to teleport during race.
- Fixed wrong damage message after teleporting to pit.
- Enabled 10 laps telemetry saving by default on Huracan GT3 monza preset setups.
NOTE regarding old setups: setups created in older builds will have extreme brake duct settings and may cause braking issues and overheating. Please adjust accordingly.
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/brake-ducts-and-tyre-damage.55903/
NOTE regarding control presets: old control presets created in previous versions may cause issues. It is recommended to delete your old controls.json in Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config/ and start from scratch.

• Warning (W)
  • Removal of Fastest Laptime (LR)
  • Drive-Through (DT)
  • Stop & Go (SG) – ranging from 10 to 30 seconds
  • Post-Race time penalty (PR)
  • Instant Disqualification (DQ)

Would love to see these in GT Sport. We used to have drive through's in GT4 for Arcade Mode.

VBR
Yeah, but only in Arcade Mode. I used to set up really hard races against the AI on the Nord, & try to race super clean. If I didn't, I got a drive through at the end & lost!

:D
I am stuck, I thought i would be on the list tonight?, I set the 3 cars up and went to the tracks and ran all 3 in time trial then i submitted them, with th 5 names,I dont know what else to do?

93427ccea20a07ced66271b7f5a20adf--never-not-funny-funny-things.jpg

Back