Assetto Corsa Competizione - Early Acess - Good Wheel FFB settings!!!

• Thread starter Mirror_man
  • 45 comments
Portugal
Seixal
zefthebestofcour
Hi guys!!!

As it´s already "rolling"... I think it would be a good momment to start sharing FFB and overall settings for the wheel you´re using on this game!!

I have a CSL ELITE PS4/PC with Clusbsport V3 pedals, and still haven´t reached a setup that I would be happy with... I mainly feel that the wheel has a lot of damping.. should I drop a lot the value or set zero on the DPR wheel settings variable? What about FOR and SPR values also?? FEI value affects anything???

You may use this thread for any other wheeel... not just the CSL Elite.. cool??

Thanks guys for some feed back!!!

What is your DRI setting? If it is -5 try to reduce it to -2 or even to 0.

Link

It may be so!!! I' ll check it.. I know it is negative... or -5 or -2...

And although I've an account the forum from your link does nt let me acccess that part of the forum...

Thanks!

Here are the T500 settings I'm using:

T500 Control panel
Strength: 85
Constant: 100
Periodic: 100
Spring: 0
Damper: 0

ACC in-game
Gain: 50
Min. force: 7

These settings leave a good headroom for clipping; the ffb bar in the game goes up to about 75–80%. So I could up the strength a bit, but it feels heavy and solid enough really. Some people are saying I should have the Strength setting in the control panel all the way up to 100 (and adjust the in-game gain accordingly), but I have no clue if that's good or not. So I used a compromise between AC's settings (65) and 100. I haven't gotten around to experiment with the Spring or Damper setting.

@fernandito: The T300 seems fairly similar to the T500. Maybe you could try these but up the gain a bit, since the T300 is a bit weaker?

What is this "gain" thing?
I guess you could think of it as amplifying the signal that comes from the wheel firmware/software (in the same way an amplifier amplifies an audio signal).
In practical terms it controls how strong the force feedback will be in the game.

What is your DRI setting? If it is -5 try to reduce it to -2 or even to 0.

Link

I had Dri on -5... changed to off and felt it helped! Thanks!
Why on the official Assetto Corsa Competizione Forum ...most of us are not allowed to read the ACC support subForum?? I have the game oficially and linked to my forum profile, my Steam account... but.. still not allowed to consult the subforum..

Why on the official Assetto Corsa Competizione Forum ...most of us are not allowed to read the ACC support subForum??
I have the game oficially and linked to my forum profile, my Steam account... but.. still not allowed to consult the subforum..
I have no idea but obviously, something is wrong.

I see that some of those who complained about this are now "ACC Licensed", so maybe it just takes a bit of time. Not sure.

About the STEAM thing. To be able to view the relevant threads on Assetto's forum again I had to re sign in to STEAM for some reason that escapes my memory. Policy changes or something?.

Resig
About the STEAM thing. To be able to view the relevant threads on Assetto's forum again I had to re sign in to STEAM for some reason that escapes my memory. Policy changes or something?.
??? Resign?? I already have a profile... do I have to create another??

No, just re-sign in to Steam. I had been logged out of my permanently logged in state because of some policy changes at Steam (I think). No biggie.

Good ffb settings for t300 please?

Maybe this??

upload_2018-9-19_15-23-33.png

I think he means, log out and log in again.

Tried that also... and even logged to ASSETTO Corsa Oficial Forum site using the Steam account validation... I reached the status ACC Licenced .. but no changes on allowing me access to the "Forbidden Subforum"!!! :banghead:

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-19_15-22-47.png
    upload_2018-9-19_15-22-47.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Tried that also... and even logged to ASSETTO Corsa Oficial Forum site using the Steam account validation... I reached the status ACC Licenced .. but no changes on allowing me access to the "Forbidden Subforum"!!! :banghead:
At the same time there are people without AC or ACC license who have access to the support forum.:confused:

At the same time there are people without AC or ACC license who have access to the support forum.:confused:

What I know is.. If I dont login I may see the list of threads inside that subforum.. but I can´t read none of them... and if I login... I only see that there´s a subforum with that tittle and nothing else... :(

What I know is.. If I dont login I may see the list of threads inside that subforum.. but I can´t read none of them... and if I login... I only see that there´s a subforum with that tittle and nothing else... :(
I do not see what else you can do except to complain here.

It is strange indeed that so many ACC licensed members can't access the support forum.

This is official:
For everyone else: thanks to also some of the users' constructive reporting here, we have found issues in the damper implementation and we are currently working on it, as well as enabling some options in the next build to reduce the possibility of negative compromises. I'd like to ask for your patience until our next release and also thank you for your active participation.
Link

This game drives me crazy about FFB settings !

I'm using a Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer, with a T3PA-PRO pedals set and the 458 GT wheel and after the last update of the game, I'm so puzzled.
I tried numerous settings, I readed a lot on Steam or elsewhere and now, after the last update, nothing keep saved in the game about the wheel.

Last but not least, if on AC the FFB is just a dream with huge and fine feelings, It's a nightmare on ACC with a constant floating sensation.
I bought this game from the first release and I'm really disappointed about the FFB which never convinced me.

If one of you could gave me hope by sharing settings for a recent Thrustmaster wheel.

Thanks a lot ! ;-)

EDIT
For your information, firmwares and software are up to date, obviously ! ;-)

Last edited:
This game drives me crazy about FFB settings !

I'm using a Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer, with a T3PA-PRO pedals set and the 458 GT wheel and after the last update of the game, I'm so puzzled.
I tried numerous settings, I readed a lot on Steam or elsewhere and now, after the last update, nothing keep saved in the game about the wheel.

Last but not least, if on AC the FFB is just a dream with huge and fine feelings, It's a nightmare on ACC with a constant floating sensation.
I bought this game from the first release and I'm really disappointed about the FFB which never convinced me.

If one of you could gave me hope by sharing settings for a recent Thrustmaster wheel.

Thanks a lot ! ;-)

EDIT
For your information, firmwares and software are up to date, obviously ! ;-)
Do I read you correctly in that you have two issues here?
1. The game does not save your wheel settings (since last update)
2. The cars (ffb) feel floaty, as in driving on snow/ice?
?

@Whitestar

Hi !

Thank you for your answer.

The first issue is resolved, I created a new wheel save and now, the settings still.
For the second issue, I tried several things and I got a FFB which is "fuzzy" !
I will put values by editing this post further.

I will be patient (as I am IRL) and waiting for the next release.
My feeling is that the previous one was "acceptable" about FFB and... well I really don't feel the car and on AC, It's just a dream of FFB without any 3rd software or something else.

By the way, YES, the car feels floaty, that's the way It is.

Bye ! ;-)

Thrustmaster TS-PC Control Panel
Strength: 71
Spring: 100

ACC in-game
Gain: 100
Min. Force: 10
Damping : 0
Road Effects : 50

Last edited:
@Elio92 I have a T-GT which is basically the same as TS-PC internally. My settings are very similar to yours, until I was convinced by someone here to try dynamic damping and I haven't looked back since. I'm usually very anti-damping in my FFB, but the damping in ACC is different from the usual and crucial to unlocking the proper FFB goodness.

Thrustmaster T-GT Control Panel
Strength: 65
Spring: 0

ACC Settings
Gain: 70
Dynamic Damping : 100

Give my settings a try and see what you think!

Last edited:
Hi ! ;-)

Oh, thank you very much for your answer and your help !
I’m just going to work but sure, I will try it when I will be back home.

I wish you a beautiful day ! ;-)

@Elio92 I have a T-GT which is basically the same as TS-PC internally. My settings are very similar to yours, until I was convinced by someone here to try dynamic damping and I haven't looked back since. I'm usually very anti-damping in my FFB, but the damping in ACC is crucial to unlocking the proper FFB goodness.

Thrustmaster T-GT Control Panel
Strength: 65
Spring: 100

ACC Settings
Gain: 70
Dynamic Damping : 100

Give my settings a try and see what you think!
Yes, the dynamic damping is different from the damping in the drivers.
Btw, I notice that you both use Spring at 100 in the drivers for that wheel. Doesn't that make the wheel feel very ... springy?
I only have Constant and Periodic at 100 on my T500. Spring and Damper are at 0. But maybe the TS-PC/T-GT are different from the T500 in that area.

Hi @Whitestar and @LeGeNd-1 ! ;-)

I started with the settings done by @LeGeNd-1 and It helped me for the settings, thanks a lot.
After and step by step, I changed for an acceptable one (but not really satisfying) for my proper feeling.

By the way, I never put a big stake on ACC, even if I bought it the first day of the early access so I can wait with patience.
I wanna just "feel" better the car and you helped me a lot by your thoughts and your advices ! ;-)

Cheers ! ;-)

Latest Posts

Back