Assetto Corsa Competizione Full Release Version Now Available

Thanks, take your time.....no rush :)
So managed to get it working. You can assign three functions to each button, single press, shift press and prolonged press. However, it's best to assign them in reverse order so they don't overwrite. First assign a button to be the shift special button from the advanced tab in the controller settings. Then you can assign the three different functions to an individual button. First one I tried was lights, I have assigned cycle lights stages, flash lights and rain light to one button. So I started by assigning a button to rain light. Then click advanced and select an extended time, this is the time you have to hold the button down for the function to occur, and finally make sure extend input is set to on and confirm. Next I assigned the shift button press to cycle light stages. Assign the same button to cycle light stages, then click advanced and make sure usable with shift is set to yes and confirm. And finally I set flasher to a standard button press by assigning the same button to flasher.

This can be done for any button apart from the shift special button.

So managed to get it working. You can assign three functions to each button, single press, shift press and prolonged press. However, it's best to assign them in reverse order so they don't overwrite. First assign a button to be the shift special button from the advanced tab in the controller settings. Then you can assign the three different functions to an individual button. First one I tried was lights, I have assigned cycle lights stages, flash lights and rain light to one button. So I started by assigning a button to rain light. Then click advanced and select an extended time, this is the time you have to hold the button down for the function to occur, and finally make sure extend input is set to on and confirm. Next I assigned the shift button press to cycle light stages. Assign the same button to cycle light stages, then click advanced and make sure usable with shift is set to yes and confirm. And finally I set flasher to a standard button press by assigning the same button to flasher.

Thank you..... I've been wondering what the *shift special button* was for..... Going to have a play with this in the morning, see what I can come up with on my rim..... Sounds like a great feature and your explanation is crystal clear.... Thanks

Could be placebo but the more I play/race the better it gets. Just did that special SRO event around Paul Ricard. VR performance is good (enough for me). Maybe that 1:57 helped me to be so positive ;)

Could be placebo but the more I play/race the better it gets.

I hated driving the cars at EA launch but I'm enjoying driving then now. I think they've made them more forgiving and there is a learning curve. I guess we were expecting AC physics and FFB with new graphics, day/night and weather but the physics/FFB have evolved too. Sadly I don't have the performance you get - just 45-50 fps driving alone (in 2D 180p) so racing with AI is limited.

Well, finally got my GT3 set up with all functions working as I want, wish I'd known earlier about the shift special feature - anyway saves the need for a separate button box ;)

Just did long race at Paul Ricard against AI on 89... it was such an fantastic experience. Tight, fair, challenging racing. They improved AI since Early Access, no doubt. The Force Feedback, sound, driving physics and racing is top-notch. It might not be a perfect game but it does some things better than any other sim i ever played.

Even Nicky Thiim is impressed with the physics. The only problem so far are the curbs.

According to Aris, they are investigating it. But riding the curbs *can* be dangerous in some situations.

Depends on the circuit, doesent it? I found curbs on Paul Ricard rather inviting, but quite deadly at Barcelona.

Depends on the circuit, doesent it? I found curbs on Paul Ricard rather inviting, but quite deadly at Barcelona.

This. There's also taking a bit of kerb, then there's taking too much kerb. I've worked out how much I can take on the right exiting Blanchimont at Spa and the safe amount of steering angle. Also how much I can't take... Exciting/scary moments!

This. There's also taking a bit of kerb, then there's taking too much kerb. I've worked out how much I can take on the right exiting Blanchimont at Spa and the safe amount of steering angle. Also how much I can't take... Exciting/scary moments!

Especially if you are on the Porsche.

Even Nicky Thiim is impressed with the physics. The only problem so far are the curbs.

According to Aris, they are investigating it. But riding the curbs *can* be dangerous in some situations

Something of this nature is where a real life pro driver like Nikki giving input as to where that line is is so valuable between realistic and not realistic car reaction to the curbs.

I like seeing the real life experts or pro having an influence into developing the game. If you want a sim you want it to be as close acting to real life as possible.

I've done a few quick races and I find the AI quite frustrating. They form long trains behind a slow car and are afraid to pass them even on straights. They brake on the apex behind the slow car which always catches me off guard. I remember reading a while back that doing qualifying help push the slower cars further back in the grid to stop this from happening, however they should really be able to pass them quite easily and it's extremely frustrating to see

I've done a few quick races and I find the AI quite frustrating. They form long trains behind a slow car and are afraid to pass them even on straights. They brake on the apex behind the slow car which always catches me off guard. I remember reading a while back that doing qualifying help push the slower cars further back in the grid to stop this from happening, however they should really be able to pass them quite easily and it's extremely frustrating to see

How is your aggressive setting? I think with a higher setting they will more likely overtake.

Just tested v1.0 yesterday on my new CSW 2.5. Took the Audi around Silverstone for a few laps. Holy ****, the ffb and physics in this game is amazing! It's just so satisfying.

The new panini projection (for triples and ultra-wides) is a great feature. Felt just about as good as "proper" triple screen now. Hitting apexes felt a lot more natural. Too bad it introduces blur on the center screen, but I'd rather have that than warped side screens. Guess I'll have to live with the eye-sore until perf optimizations get to the point where I can up the resolution scale.

Last edited:
I haven't played 1.0 yet and I wonder what this panini projection is. I guess I will find out when I set up my triple 24" monitors.

I haven't played 1.0 yet and I wonder what this panini projection is. I guess I will find out when I set up my triple 24" monitors.
You'll find it under View Settings after you press ESC when you're in the car. The value goes from 0.0 to 1.0 in 0.1 increments.

It will "compress" the image on the side screens thus reducing the warping/stretching that happens there normally, and thus reveal more on the sides. Just like proper triple screen in AC.

1. Set correct FOV as you would normally do
2. Adjust seat position as you would normally do
3. Look at the image for reference points of how much the image is zoomed in. For example, the left side of the windscreen might just cut across the head of one of the pit crew guys. The reason you want to do this is so that you know to which point you need to zoom out (increase FOV) after you have applied some projection. Using the example above you for example set projection to 0.5. This will zoom in further from your set FOV. So now you need to zoom out (increase FOV) to compensate for that. So zoom out until that left side of the windscreen cuts across the head of that guy again. The FOV will be at some value you normally don't use, but don't worry about that as long as you have your reference point and use that. This sounds complicated but will be clear when you do it.
4. Enjoy your blurred center screen :P and much better side screens (as in not stretched). You can increase resolution scale to compensate for the center blurryness but you'll have to pay in fps.

I normally have my FOV at 29. After using projection 0.7 I ended up with a FOV above 40 or something like that.

Last edited:
My laptop is not the best but it can run it decent enough that i did my first few laps and the feel is so much better then the original.

Really like the fact that they let you adjust chase cam to your liking height/distance and so on really nice.

Here's an honest look at ACC by Billy Strange. A lot of shortcomings that he lists out. This game definitely still feels like early access

For anyone interested - @glassjaw and I dedicated a full podcast episode to some ACC discussion. :)

I really like this game and its only going to get better. For me. Its the closest game we have to a modern TOCA title in terms of being laser focused on a particular discipline and representing it accordingly. Outside of Formula 1 and WRC we don’t really get that anymore. It’s not for everyone clearly since the content is limited to Blancpain but for me, the more games that have aims like this - the better.

Last edited:
For anyone interested - @glassjaw and I dedicated a full podcast episode to some ACC discussion. I really like this game and its only going to get better. For me. Its the closest game we have to a modern TOCA title in terms of being laser focused on a particular discipline and representing it accordingly. Outside of Formula 1 and WRC we don’t really get that anymore. It’s not for everyone clearly since the content is limited to Blancpain but for me, the more games that have aims like this - the better.
That pedal issue happened to me as well. :lol: It was just a bad preset setting in the controller menu though. Somehow the pedals are inverted by default and you have to invert the invertness, so to speak. The HUD can actually be moved, but it's only split into two parts at the moment. You have to go into the hud.json in the config folder and adjust the safezones.

Still a lot of bugs to sort out and some missing features, but I agree this sim is a diamond in the rough (I hope).
Very nice podcast btw. :)

Last edited:
That pedal issue happened to me as well. :lol: It was just a bad preset setting in the controller menu though. Somehow the pedals are inverted by default and you have to invert the invertness, so to speak. The HUD can actually be moved, but it's only split into two parts at the moment. You have to go into the hud.json in the config folder and adjust the safezones.

Still a lot of bugs to sort out and some missing features, but I agree this sim is a diamond in the rough (I hope).
Very nice podcast btw. :)
Cheers! Glad you liked it...thanks for bringing up the HUD aspect - had a feeling there may have been something hidden away in a file but not in-game.

I totally missed that this came out, gonna have to do some YouTube osmosis today.

I'm pretty sure you will all be aware of this but for those of you like me who didn't, you can assign multiple inputs to each button. Saw this posted over at RD.

I'm gald they took my recommendations to heart! :sly: I hope this makes it to console (yea, probably PS5 :indiff:)

I've done a few quick races and I find the AI quite frustrating. They form long trains behind a slow car and are afraid to pass them even on straights.

Bummer to see they still do this. Even with aggression down really low, that shouldn't happen that way.

Sorta wish my laptop wasn't a mid-range gaming laptop from 2011 right now.

I just found out that ACC doesn't have competitive matchmaking. The lobby list auto filters based on your driver ratings, but that's it. I'm not a big online racer but I can see how a lot of people will be put off by this. Big big omission and I hope Kunos can add this feature in the coming updates.

Back