Assetto Corsa Competizione Full Release Version Now Available

Yeah, im having a great time right now. Took the Lexus to Brands Hatch, hot lapping... and i just could not stop. It just felt too good.

Day 1 purchase (sometime this July when AMD Ryzen 3 ships to build my next PC to last another decade)
That shot of Eau Rouge was invigorating.
$44.99 + PC + RTX videocard - sold PS4pro - sold GTS - sold TM500RS + new Wheel & WheelStand(Probably Logitech) = time to make the donuts.

The difference with the new Bentley against the old is incredible! Every car feels different and unique compared to the others. Looks amazing and is so much fun to drive!

I've had a few UE4 crashes but apart from that this a very good driving game and I look forward to see how this game evolves in the future:tup:

I was excited about this game until I heard it doesn't have mathmaking like gt sport. I recently started gt sport more seriously online and its system is very well put and actually addicting.

the wide screen support is terrible, with the Samsung CHG90 flickering really badly everywhere
I've got the updated version of that monitor, the CRG9, and I'm not experiencing those issues. Maybe the fault lies somewhere else, maybe worth looking at other potential probems.

the wide screen support is terrible, with the Samsung CHG90 flickering really badly everywhere
Maybe complete nonsense what I suggest but in my case in VR it helped. Video setting on high creates a kind of 'looking through moving water' effect on both left and right side. When I turn down the video settings to medium this is completely gone and thus looks crisp and clear. Worth trying?

My monthly download limit is almost reached so I have to wait until June 2nd until I can try the full ACC sim.

Maybe complete nonsense what I suggest but in my case in VR it helped. Video setting on high creates a kind of 'looking through moving water' effect on both left and right side. When I turn down the video settings to medium this is completely gone and thus looks crisp and clear. Worth trying?
Which VR headset do you have?

I've got the updated version of that monitor, the CRG9, and I'm not experiencing those issues. Maybe the fault lies somewhere else, maybe worth looking at other potential probems.

No, whenever there is a problem on the user's end it's because the devs are lazy, talentless, money-grabbers, it's never a problem with the user's hardware. :dopey:

They changed something about the (temporal) antialising, didnt they? There are a lot if jaggies on my screen, even when playing in 4K and epic setting...

I'm pretty sure you will all be aware of this but for those of you like me who didn't, you can assign multiple inputs to each button. Saw this posted over at RD.

One BRILLIANT thing that they did with ACC (big props to them) was the flexible control assignments: you can assign one button to be a "Shift key" (shift meaning like the keyboard button, not a transmission of a car), so on your wheel with 6 buttons you can have 10 functions (5 buttons with 2 different modes each). Combine that with the extended time function in each mode and you have 20 functions total...from just 6 buttons. This is how a lot of functions are assigned in some flight sims (and in the real aircraft they model) and I'm so glad there's a racing sim that finally does it. I'll give an example from my setup:

I have a 2 way rocker switch on my wheel doing 8 different things:

UP = cycle light stages
Hold UP for 0.5 second = flash lights
DOWN = cycle wiper stages
Hold DOWN for 0.5 second = rain lights

Shift key + UP/DOWN = Traction Control Increase/Decrease
Shift key + hold UP/DOWN for 0.5 second = Engine Map Increase/Decrease

Please note: When doing this, you need to assign the "0.5 second" keys before assigning the instant keys.

I'm pretty sure you will all be aware of this but for those of you like me who didn't, you can assign multiple inputs to each button. Saw this posted over at RD.
Slim, fancy offering some help - I'm one of those who wasn't aware of this feature, though I did spot the same post as you have on RD..... I've been searching around for the past couple of hours trying to find how to set this up on my McLaren GT3 rim.... I'm stuck ;(

Slim, fancy offering some help - I'm one of those who wasn't aware of this feature, though I did spot the same post as you have on RD..... I've been searching around for the past couple of hours trying to find how to set this up on my McLaren GT3 rim.... I'm stuck ;(
Just got back in from dinner with my family. Gonna watch highlights of the Giro and then I'll give it a go. Will report back my findings :gtpflag:

This afternoon I watched two SRO Blancpain Esports races via RD Twitch channel. Fun to watch. Then I was in the mood to also do some racing in VR against AI. First learn the track better by just hotlapping with me, myself and I. Afternoon drivers clocked 1:54-1:56. I was happy with my 1:58 high.

I noticed that the hotlap time is not saved once you quit the hotlap mode? Maybe I'm doing something wrong again?
Yes I know 100% sure that the majority of the laps were within limits so no penalties and green times in the upperleft corner.

Tested several cars like the Bentley, Aston Martin, McLaren 650S and both day and night races with clear weather. AI at 90 and 9 other cars. This is intense and nerve breaking realistic racing. Atter a couple of 15 minute races I decided to watch the replays. First in VR (which has not all the camera views like helicopter view) and then restarted ACC in 4K on my 2D screen. Insane!!

The night races with the lighting is superb. I will post some pics as seen through my VR goggles later.

Now (have to) socialize with my wife. Cheers!

Latest Posts

Back