Assetto Corsa Competizione v0.6 Released: Adds Nissan GT-R GT3, Monza Circuit, and More

Patch notes courtesy of AC Support:

Changelog v0.6.0
- Added Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 2018 model year.
- Added Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 2015 model year.
- Added Monza Circuit.
- Driving (F1) cameras reworked: added two more driving cameras (dash pro - with car hidden intended for built cockpits - and far chase), game now remembers last used camera and added option to lock/hide driver and steering wheel per car. Lateral camera adjustment now also exposed in the View Settings.
- Camera movement settings now stored in Config/CameraSettings.jon, the old CameraOptionsEA.json is deprecated. General Movement adjusts movements in cockpit camera, Dashcam Factor adjust how much of that movement is transferred to the dash and bonnet cameras.
IMPORTANT: old camera settings will be lost.
- Look L/R now works correctly in helmet camera. Look L/R looks to the side mirrors.
- TV onboard (F6) cameras added for available cars.
- Free (F7) camera now available with Cinema HUD (open with mouse scroll button).
NOTE: this is NOT a full-feature camera mode, but allows players to enjoy visuals to a greater degree and take screenshots.
- Rewrite of multiplayer/gameplay code to improve stability and session progression.
- Ingame menus restructured and divided into Garage and Pause menu.
- Ingame HUD reorganised and added session status widget.
- New Radar widget added to HUD based on the popular app for the original Assetto Corsa.
- Updated configuration for dedicated servers, see https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...server-configuration-for-server-admins.54830/
- Introducing dynamic weather: (potentially) available on official Kunos Practice servers only until relevant game and UI features are added.
- Multiplayer sessions now emulate race weekends: rubber, dry line (general: weather and track status) represent the situation based on race day and time of day.
- UI and video settings are now stored in text files (...Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\menuSettings.json).
IMPORTANT: your previous menu, graphical and game settings will be lost.
- Added advanced video settings, including mirror resolution, sharpening filter, material quality level, temporal upsampling, volumetric fog, bloom, camera dirt effect and foliage.
- Default graphics settings adjusted to allow for higher performance without noticeable loss to visual quality.
- Added session type tags in the UI car selection page to help identify entries eligible in different race types.
NOTE: In quick race mode, the opponent field is generated based on the player's choice of entry.
- Added model year tag in the UI car selection to help identify car models in different evo versions.
- Assist options will now reliably update when changed during a session.
- Further adjustments to headlight effects in TV cameras.
- More realistic full formation lap with AI.
- AI aggressiveness tuning.
- AI grid generation now takes into account real life driver skill. Quick Race grids are generated with more consistency.
- Number of opponents increased to track capacity: bigger fields are now possible as a result, the current limit depends on each individual track.
NOTE: Sprint races (both in race weekend and quick race modes) retain grid size limitation due to the number of available real-life entries.
- Improved raindrop effects on car windshields.
- Water spray from opponent cars now affects the player car's windshield in a dynamic way, taking into account distance, speed and track wetness.
- Automatic wiper assist now reacts to water spray and not just rain.
- Improvements to the appearance of wet and damp track surfaces, especially in low-wetness ranges, which should improve the perception of track conditions.
- Improvements to car vs. track surface collisions.
- Audio channel usage optimization.
- Reworked and more reliable marshalling system with checkered, yellow, white and blue flags.
- Added new spotter messages.
- Added race communication alerts.
- Losing the server connection (e.g. by a server restart) will now trigger a permanent message.
- Important race communication alerts are displayed for a longer time.
- Better highlights overtake detection.
- Optimized CPU use on all threads.
- Optimized replay memory usage.
- Optimized netcode and bandwith usage for Multiplayer servers.
- Volume and audio settings now affect the intro music.
- Added video sequences volume.
- Fixes to various car LODs to reduce pop-in in racing scenarios.
- Adjusted driver position in the BMW M6 GT3.
- Adjusted driver steering animations.
- Adjusted wet tyre shader and added ambient occlusion on tyres.
- Fixed potentially wrong resolution and crashes when starting the game.
- Fixed multiple crashes occurring when quitting sessions.
- Fixed replay time multiplier not resetting on session change.
- Fixed potentially wrong car location detection.
- Fixed static car shadow fading out at high speeds.
- Improved tyre model combined grip.
- Improved tyre heat model, especially in overheat conditions.
- Tyre wear is now affected differently by different kerbs, concrete and other surfaces.
- Tweaks in preset setups for all cars (we highly advise to not use older setups).
- Improved vertical surfaces aero model.
- MoTeC Telemetry implementation.
- Setup Electronics page now includes a slider to select the number of telemetry laps to be saved at the end of a driving session.
- MoTeC ACC dedicated workspace, created from Blancpain telemetry engineer used for evaluating basic setup and driver performance.
- Added native DBox SDK support.
- Added option to enable/disable native Fanatec LEDs.
- Setup minimum fuel load set at 2 litres for all cars.
- Fixed Ferrari 488 GT3 wrong fuel visualization in setup screen.
- Steering ratio tweaks for all cars.
- Monza BoP A adjustments for all cars.
- Tweaks in tyres dirt accumulation and grip levels when going on grass and sand.
- Sand traps now slow the cars down.
- Fix to unreliable car spawn in certain situations.
- Flipped cars will automatically spawn in the pits.
- Severe cutting will result in immediate disqualification in any type of Multiplayer sessions.
- Ratings: Track Competence (TR) has improved feedback in the UI; you will see all the sectors necessary, so the progress is easy to understand.
- Ratings: Track Competence (TR) algorithm improved to reduce false positive aborts.
- Ratings: Consistency (CN) was rewritten during the refactoring; it should work similarly but has improved precision on various aspects.
- Ratings: Car Control (CC) largely improved algorithm and UI feedback. It is a lot harder to gain higher ratings, unless you are driving very well.
- Ratings: Car Control (CC) now understands the concept of turning the wheel too much, and give appropriate feedback.
- NOTE: Pace (PC) and Total (TO) ratings will be improved and adjusted during the days after this version.
- NOTE: The maximum number of all ratings will be set to 99 (instead of 100).
- NOTE: ALL RATINGS AND DRIVER PROFILES WILL BE RESET WITH THIS 0.6 RELEASE.
- Backend servers: improved reconnection stability.
- Backend servers: fixed multiplayer sessions not registering stats and laptimes in certain situations.
- Passworded servers can now be created.
NOTE: passworded servers must be searched for manually in the lobby search field.
- Single player Sprint Race Weekend mode reworked and now has forced tyre change and driver swap.
NOTE: Endurance Race Weekend game mode is temporarily disabled until supporting features and UI elements are completed (pit stops and penalties).
NOTE: Pit stop crew animations are temporarily disabled until full functionality is retained.
NOTE: The Broadcasting API is temporarily disabled

So is this game in a good state now? I was gonna get it a couple months ago but read some pretty disparaging reviews and held off.

^^^ It's still in early access and incomplete so unless you're desperate to play it before the proper finished-product release, or you're the type that likes to support all the sim developers, I'd probably wait until it is actually released. You've missed the boat on the early-bird savings, so it's also unlikely to be any cheaper now than it will be on release day.

At this stage I would wait, the big money saving is not there anymore. The wait could be long though, I don't think they will release this until the end of Q2 2019.

So is this game in a good state now?

it is very much still a Early Access stage, is that a good state? to me it is, but for other maybe not.
EA means a lot does not work yet, what works may require some fiddling to be enjoyed, I don't mind, I enjoy being part of EA, but it is not for every one.
Most of the negative comment you read about ACC come from people who do not understand and appreciate what EA is.

At this stage we have 6 magnificent laser scanned tracks, very realistically reproduced and 7 GT3, Blancpain, cars, with great physic and graphics. Practice, quick race, day and night, rain, AI, and limited, but functional since 0.6, multiplayer.
You need a Healthy PC to enjoy it as optimization is not great ( yet, we hope) and that is about it.

I am enjoying my ACC EA experience with 150 hours on the clock of (mostly) great fun driving. I also have no doubt that when all is said and done, ACC will be a must have title if you are in any way interested in Racing simulation.

To me it's since September 12th a great buy and i enjoy the heck out of it, playing only against the AI and doing the official events. Hands down best racing game i played in regards of physics, sound and looks as a total package. When this will be a full release version, it will blow basically everything else out of the water. Maybe not in terms of multiplayer (i can't judge that actually as i don't play it for that) but overall i think it's superior even to iRacing or rf2 and AC1 in terms of handling.

Still early access. I bought it at the start and was one who mentioned it's poor performance. Seems that has been solved as last night I was able to run at 4k with all eye-candy turned on and it was close to playable. That's awesome. Backed off to 3260x1800 (or whatever the exact res was with 1800 vertical) and it's great. It's even awesome at 2560x1440 but I like the improved look of the cars when you bump up the resolution. Anyways, it's working great for me now when driving from the screen. VR has been a mess for me on this in the past so have yet to try it on this release. Multiplayer is probably the biggest outstanding question as without something way better than what they provided in the past I won't be playing it much . :( I'm thinking though that is where their big announcements will be (hope so). Something like organized tiers like GT Sport has or iRacing would be awesomeness...

Simvibe works really, really well with this game. The rumble I get from the telemetry in this game is probably the best of any simulator. Curbs and rumble strips are very realistic feeling and track bumps/cracks, etc.. are really believable. In some sims you get what appears to be too much noise out of simvibe. Maybe I just got lucky and have simvibe tuned really well for this sim, dunno.

Force feedback is good on this game. It's not as nuanced as I've felt in at least one other sim but it's competent to the point I'm not really noticing anything for or against it. It's fine.

I would say though the cars in this game handle/feel better than any other sim I've driven for GT3. Iracing is very good with the one GT3 car I've been driving (the Ferrari) but ACC feels even better. It definitely has the potential to be the king of GT3 sims if they don't wuss out on the multiplayer and actually come up with a vibrant online experience. Still, for now I'd hold off buying it given the current price and imminent full release.

The positive attitude of Kunos towards racing games, the way Kunos, as a company, works, the skilled employees make it a sure thing that the EA is always worth it. I never doubter getting ACC EA from the beginning and I'm not regretting my decision.

Don't do it to support Kunos because Kunos was sold to 505games according to https://www.bsimracing.com/
The guys from Kunos are now millionaires.

I didn't participate in the EA to fund the game, or to "support" Kunos, because I know it was not needed. I joined EA to test the game and report bugs and try to make it better. Basically what EA is meant for.

- Fixed a bug in server leading to crashes and desynchronization of time, weather and sessions in Multiplayer.
- Improved collisions in Multiplayer.
- Fixed Multiplayer collision detection for the Safety Rating (SA).
- Removed automatic disqualification in Multiplayer; we collected enough data to go on while allowing drivers to enjoy MP without false positives.
- Added experimental fix to reduce the CPU occupancy in the accServer.
- Added CPU warnings to the accServer.
- Fixed name overlays not working for drivers that join Multiplayer.
- Fixed label visibility in Multiplayer.
- Fixed Driver Rating Profile displaying wrong data.
- Disabled Driver Rating Profile "Total progression" chart.
- Overall volume fine tuning.
- Nissan GT-R GT3 automatic clutch fine tuning.
- Ferrari 488 GT3 BOP correction.
- Bentley GT3 2016 BOP correction.
- Fixed automatic assist engine startup issue.
- Improved AI pace all over the board
- Added "lazy" Force Feedback initialization, hoping to solve people with no FF at start
- Added car retirement system to avoid long overtime

The positive attitude of Kunos towards racing games, the way Kunos, as a company, works, the skilled employees make it a sure thing that the EA is always worth it. I never doubter getting ACC EA from the beginning and I'm not regretting my decision.

Don't do it to support Kunos because Kunos was sold to 505games according to https://www.bsimracing.com/
The guys from Kunos are now millionaires.

Sorry for my ignorance, but using movie analogy, isn't 505Games to Kunos like a movie producer is to a director? 505 gives Kunos money to develop the game, but what Kunos pockets is still dependent on how well ACC sells (and probably 505 takes a cut of the profit as well). So even though Kunos may be swimming in millions, not all that money is going to the pockets of Aris & co.

In any case, I only ever buy a game in EA or Day 1 if I have complete faith in the developers not to screw things up, and Kunos is only 1 of 3 devs in the world that fits that criteria. Suffice to say I haven't been disappointed so far.

Sorry for my ignorance, but using movie analogy, isn't 505Games to Kunos like a movie producer is to a director? 505 gives Kunos money to develop the game, but what Kunos pockets is still dependent on how well ACC sells (and probably 505 takes a cut of the profit as well). So even though Kunos may be swimming in millions, not all that money is going to the pockets of Aris & co.

In any case, I only ever buy a game in EA or Day 1 if I have complete faith in the developers not to screw things up, and Kunos is only 1 of 3 devs in the world that fits that criteria. Suffice to say I haven't been disappointed so far.
That is not what I have been told. Kunos was sold to 505Games .

That is not what I have been told. Kunos was sold to 505Games .

So all the old staff working on AC isn't working anymore on ACC now? Like, Aris hands over the keys to Kunos HQ, pockets his 2 million and bye bye it's all yours?

When you boot up the game the Kunos logo is still displayed beside 505, so I think the company is still in there. How else can you support them to keep making these games if not by buying the games?

So all the old staff working on AC isn't working anymore on ACC now? Like, Aris hands over the keys to Kunos HQ, pockets his 2 million and bye bye it's all yours?

When you boot up the game the Kunos logo is still displayed beside 505, so I think the company is still in there. How else can you support them to keep making these games if not by buying the games?
AFAIK, Kunos is still Kunos and all the key programmers are still the same. The only difference is that 505Games is now owner — probably producer as well — and boss of the Kunos guys.
Who decides who is beyond my knowledge. But let's hope that the Kunos guys still have a say in what sim they want to make and how.

AFAIK, Kunos is still Kunos and all the key programmers are still the same. The only difference is that 505Games is now owner — probably producer as well — and boss of the Kunos guys.
Who decides who is beyond my knowledge. But let's hope that the Kunos guys still have a say in what sim they want to make and how.

Well I just did a bit of digging and found this old post:

So it seems that Marco/Stefano bought shares in 505Games and Kunos is under their umbrella, but as far as the people running the company is concerned, nothing has changed. No one at 505 is bossing them around, and Marco/Stefano are not chilling at home everyday fanning themselves with dollar bills. It just means Kunos has bigger resources since now they also get a share of the profit from all other games 505 makes instead of just AC. Win win for everyone if you ask me. The only problem I could see is if 505 goes bankrupt and takes Kunos down with it, or starts cutting unprofitable studios from its portofolio. But until then, business as usual for everyone 👍

So is this game in a good state now? I was gonna get it a couple months ago but read some pretty disparaging reviews and held off.
If you didn't purchase it when it was 50% off, then wait for the full game. It is an early access and still shows very worrying symptoms of baaad bad optimization (if you have a four core processor only (without hyperthreading) then you're gonna have issues. You will still have issues with many modern games anyway if your cpu is for instance one of those now old i5). The multiplayer is still a mess, and some other things that are still in dare need of polishing are noticed on first sight.

Then there's the physics. Imo they are better than AC1 physics (anything is better than ac1 physics anyway), but Kunos certified classics like the surreal understeer and the not so good (again) tyre model are still there, so keep it in mind before you purchase. Project Cars 2 continues to be way above any simulator that is not Rfactor2, so If you still have doubts about acc and own pc2, then you can skip acc perfectly fine unless you're a GT3 maniac.

What this game undoubtedly stands out above other sims pc2 included indeed is the sound and, as we could have it no other way since they are laser scanned, the tracks. Also, the way electronics found in these cars such as traction control are represented in this game knows no equal most certainly.

Since this is basically a multiplayer focused racing game along the lines of iRacing but without paying a fee (and without its quality of course), If they manage to get the multiplayer working properly on release (it continues to be a mess now. They have had to rewrite the entire code and things like that which is not a very good sign about their initial plans..), then this game will be very very fun and competitive online. This should be taken into account too, as it's basically the goal of this game. The multiplayer.

Anyone got any tips to sort out framepacing in vr?

I can lock frames to 90 or 45 but the frame pacing makes it completely unplayable.

Back