Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.1 Update Arrives, Adds Six New Cars and Circuit Zandvoort

Great update with noticeable performance improvements.

I’m still not a fan of the unreal engine and it’s blurry AA. The sim looks photo realistic during night races but terribly blurry during day races.
Still, probably the best FFB experience available the driving is epic.

Most expensive video game I‘ve ever bought - just bought a 3 grand gaming rig to run it properly. 5Ghz i9 with 8 cores overclocked, and an RTX 2080 TI

Bloody well worth it though - not a hint of a missed frame with 30 cars in the pouring rain.

That new Porsche is an absolute beauty to drive, well up until I inevitably bin it.

I wonder if they changed Zandvoort, or laser-scan it this time. The track feels different to me compared to Raceroom or the original Assetto Corsa. Might be my imagination...

I wonder if they changed Zandvoort, or laser-scan it this time. The track feels different to me compared to Raceroom or the original Assetto Corsa. Might be my imagination...

From what I understand the Zandvoort in AC was originally an incredible and brilliantly good mod that Kunos really liked, and subsequently included it in later versions of AC - with permission I'm assuming.

The Zandvoort in ACC is very probably laser scanned, as it should be.

Nvidia driver 411 has dropped and with it is a masterful new option called image sharpening in the Nvidia control panel.

Enabled I am able to see clearly now almost all the blur is gone.
I’ve left the image sharpening at .50 and adjusted ignore film grain down to 10.

In game turn off advanced sharpen filter, set sharpness to 100, resolution scale to 120 ( if your gpu can handle it) and turn that pesky AA off.

Let me know what you see.

Nvidia driver 411 has dropped and with it is a masterful new option called image sharpening in the Nvidia control panel.

Enabled I am able to see clearly now almost all the blur is gone.
I’ve left the image sharpening at .50 and adjusted ignore film grain down to 10.

In game turn off advanced sharpen filter, set sharpness to 100, resolution scale to 120 ( if your gpu can handle it) and turn that pesky AA off.

Let me know what you see.
I suppose you mean 441.08. :)

Very interesting, will check it out.
Another bonus is that ultra low latency now works with gsync (for those to whom it applies).

I suppose you mean 441.08. :)

Very interesting, will check it out.
Another bonus is that ultra low latency now works with gsync (for those to whom it applies).

Correct .08 it was a feature in freestyle along with reshade I just never cared for GeForce experience software.
I may download GeForce now just to try some of their reshade filters, I’ve been using reshademe clarity lately.

Just wondering, do you gain any performance by doing it this way?

Just wondering, do you gain any performance by doing it this way?

On my system strangely disabling AA then increasing resolution cancel each other out.
It is running 3-4 degrees cooler now on the gpu. You have a stronger PC and might do better.

Game is very good. BOP is spot on as well.
Needs an explanation of the settings for setup please Kunos.

I'm noticing a lot of stuttering after the latest update. I know my system is not the greatest but before the update I can maintain 60 FPS no problem with a single car on track. Now in areas where there are a lot of trees the game dips to mid 40 FPS which is pretty jarring and makes it undrivable on the limit. All graphics settings are already on Low or Off and even changing resolution to 720p doesn't help. The only thing that helps is running at 12:00 noon or cloudy conditions, as that minimises shadows across the track. Very disappointing that they've gone backwards in terms of optimisation.

I notice also a new setting has been added to controller: wheel FFB frequency. Apparently before this it was set at 111 Hz and currently the default is 333 Hz. But with my T-GT 333 Hz actually felt worse! The FFB feels lighter and there's less detail over bumps. I lowered it to 222 Hz and it felt a lot more like before. 111 Hz is similar to 222 Hz. I stuck with 111 Hz to help lighten the load on my CPU as I've read some stuttering issues can also be caused by CPU bottlenecking the physics calculations.

I'm noticing a lot of stuttering after the latest update. I know my system is not the greatest but before the update I can maintain 60 FPS no problem with a single car on track. Now in areas where there are a lot of trees the game dips to mid 40 FPS which is pretty jarring and makes it undrivable on the limit. All graphics settings are already on Low or Off and even changing resolution to 720p doesn't help. The only thing that helps is running at 12:00 noon or cloudy conditions, as that minimises shadows across the track. Very disappointing that they've gone backwards in terms of optimisation.

I notice also a new setting has been added to controller: wheel FFB frequency. Apparently before this it was set at 111 Hz and currently the default is 333 Hz. But with my T-GT 333 Hz actually felt worse! The FFB feels lighter and there's less detail over bumps. I lowered it to 222 Hz and it felt a lot more like before. 111 Hz is similar to 222 Hz. I stuck with 111 Hz to help lighten the load on my CPU as I've read some stuttering issues can also be caused by CPU bottlenecking the physics calculations.
Those sound like odd issues. Have you done a reinstall of the game? If not maybe that would help, including deleting the Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\ folder (make sure you make a note of some of your important settings first).

Those sound like odd issues. Have you done a reinstall of the game? If not maybe that would help, including deleting the Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\ folder (make sure you make a note of some of your important settings first).

Tried verifying game files which does nothing. Reinstall is a huge undertaking because my internet isn't the greatest, so I don't really wanna do that except as a last resort, and I doubt it will fix this kind of issue to be honest. At the moment it seem to be getting better, but maybe I'm just getting more used to the slowdowns.

If it happens during day/night transition or heavy rain I would understand. But even driving in daylight, alone, with static time/weather previously it was perfectly smooth so I don't know what they did under the hood to cause this problem :boggled:

Tried verifying game files which does nothing. Reinstall is a huge undertaking because my internet isn't the greatest, so I don't really wanna do that except as a last resort, and I doubt it will fix this kind of issue to be honest. At the moment it seem to be getting better, but maybe I'm just getting more used to the slowdowns.

If it happens during day/night transition or heavy rain I would understand. But even driving in daylight, alone, with static time/weather previously it was perfectly smooth so I don't know what they did under the hood to cause this problem :boggled:
I understand. You could check these things first:
1. Drivers - did you install the latest video drivers after you updated to latest ACC version?
2. Google your graphics card name along with "assetto corsa competizione" and see if there are any common problems with that specific card.
3. Repeat 2, for your CPU name instead.

I understand. You could check these things first:
1. Drivers - did you install the latest video drivers after you updated to latest ACC version?
2. Google your graphics card name along with "assetto corsa competizione" and see if there are any common problems with that specific card.
3. Repeat 2, for your CPU name instead.

Nope, that's also on my list of second to last resort. I had a bad experience with updating Nvidia drivers to the latest version every time an update comes out. I play a few old games on my system and sometimes new drivers can have compatibility issues with them. So I just let W10 updater do its own thing and update when necessary. I think it last updated in 2017. Ditto with Intel drivers. So I'm between a rock and a hard place right now.

I think I might have to bite the bullet and try it this time though. PC gaming is such a love-hate relationship sometimes. It's amazing when everything works well, but when it doesn't you just spend hours trying to solve it. Good thing I also have console as backup :P

Back