Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.50 Arrives for PC, With GT4 Pack DLC

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by GTPNewsWire, Jul 15, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
    This article was published by Andrew Evans (@Famine) on July 15th, 2020 in the Assetto Corsa Competizione category.

2. CJ1045

CJ1045

Wonder whether the consoles will get this code soon (i.e. all but GT4 pack)

CJ

madmedic, ykiki and CTznOfTime like this.
  3. CTznOfTime

CTznOfTime

Great news for PC owners, but what about for consoles owners?

madmedic likes this.
  4. Famine

Famine Administrator

GT4 Pack DLC arrives in the autumn, game version number is about five patches back (was v1.4.4 vs v1.3.7 until today).

5. numbnuts70

numbnuts70

Wow, only £18?

£18=$22.7(22.69)
    £18=e19.88(19.86)
    Always cheaper in the states for some reason.

At time of posting.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  6. Stotty

Stotty Premium

Tax.

US prices will be net of sales tax... which will be applied at point of sale dependent on individual state tax rates.
    UK/Euro price includes VAT @c.20% (though can vary marginally by European country)

GregOr1971, Cote Dazur and numbnuts70 like this.
  7. Tuscan E

Tuscan E

First impressions after driving most of the new GT4 cars:

This is probably the most fun I've had driving on a sim. After using aggressive setups, most of the GT4s feel absolutely brilliant to drive and are distinguishable. The Ginetta is arguably one of the best cars I've driven, feels so planted and realistic. The Alpine is so nimble, it feels like a kart. The BMW and Porsche will probably appeal to the masses, as they're easier to drive and provide good fun. The Maserati sounds incredible, albeit wants you off the circuit due to no TC and ABS - definitely the most difficult.

A pro GT4 driver has told me he tested cars he's driven in real life: McLaren, Mercedes, Ginetta and BMW. He said they're all mint and feel better than iRacing.

My only criticisms are: The KTM X-Bow feels rather odd and not how I imagine it to handle in the real world. Due to the weight distribution, Kunos mentioned they had to make a number of changes for BoP to be actually balanced - could be the reason. Some of the cars appear to have more downforce than required, being more forgiving than their real counterparts.

For those wondering about the price, it's not even two dollars, euros, pounds etc per car, bearing in mind that 11 cars is the price of 1.5 cars on iRacing, and they arguably drive just as well, if not better, thanks to the superior tyre model.
    Trust me, you won't regret your purchase.

8. Pfei

Pfei Premium

I want it, and don't mind paying for DLC, but in Argentina it's four times the cost of the base game and ten times the cost of the ICGT pack so I will have to hold off for now.

9. This may be down to the lockdown. Aris mentioned something about not being able to get as much info due to it and lack it races, but they will adjust the cars as they gather more data.

Surely something has got fo be up with that?

10. Slapped

Slapped Premium

Apparently regional pricing on Steam for this DLC has been screwed up and they (505 games) are sorting it out. So if you give it a bit of time you'll probably find that the price comes more into the line of what you would expect.

Jtheripper and Pfei like this.
  11. 05XR8

05XR8

It was mentioned the X-Bow has no BOP, but a significant ride height raised up(100mm?). It was mentioned that's why it looks like a 4x4.

12. Triplexbee

Triplexbee

Obnoxious autoplay adverts are ruining this site. Shame.

VetteZR1 likes this.
  13. panjandrum

panjandrum

UhOh, they finally added some cars I'm actually interested in driving. I might finally get ACC after all.

14. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Had a few rounds at the Nurburgring in the GT4 Camaro. The racing was top notch. Slower speeds always make for better racing IMO. The Camaro seems to corner ok but I was getting beat on the straights with the Porsche, Audi and Aston all pulling on me even when I was in the draft. Got into the 2:05s a few times but mostly low 2:06s. Fields of 20 cars with every make represented. Can't wait to try out some other cars!

lancia delta hf likes this.
  15. 05XR8

05XR8

While some players wait, it's best to check out the real 2019 GT4 races. You'll see which cars are strong at which tracks.

16. Donnced

Donnced

9 patches exactly back counting the New 1.5.0 :lol:

Makes consoles missing some important phisycs upgrades and also the 2020 season cars liveries between other stuff

17. CarreraGT

CarreraGT

Shame the console version is absolute crap. GT4 would be awesome

18. Donnced

Donnced

Will come in autumn just like the PC version..

Meanwhile, console versions aren't crap,need some fixes,yes.
    But amazing SIM worth the 40€ for sure even with the 30fps.

Ewoc, Dookie789, 05XR8 and 5 others like this.
  19. Whitestar

Whitestar Premium

Absolutely agree on the Ginetta, it's amazing even on safe setup (TC off).
    It had been so long since I have used safe setup though that I had forgotten how understeery some of the cars could be. This goes for the BMW and Porsche and for me was particularly noticeable at the Curvone bend on Misano. The front just refused to turn in.
    The KTM was very prone to lift-off oversteer.

20. gt_racer88

gt_racer88

Hope to get the 2020 liveries too for consoles! :)

ykiki and Jamesways like this.
  21. TheHun99

TheHun99

Hungary says hi with 27% VAT :)

Stotty likes this.
  22. I heard aris say 110mm, or 120. He couldn't remember.
    Yep, its really great when you're on track. Of course it has some issues but no other game has put me in the shoes of a racing driver like ACC. I'm glad they brought out this gen.

05XR8, Donnced and BIG CAROLINA like this.
  23. edgematic

edgematic

im dissapointed cp races still gonna be mixed races :now you only gonna race 10 guys with the same classes in stead of 20 and half of those guys gonna quit in mid races so that means less chances to have close racing , im mean is cool having multiclass in big grids when you are racing 50 people not 20, the thing i hate most in simracing is racing alone. , the only thing i care in this game are cp races and im not gonna play this game anymore till we have unique classes in cp mode or bigger grids.

24. psychoazubi

psychoazubi

Okay, that’s a very unique opinion. I like the mixed races and it was very good fun. You know that there are leagues and non cp races that are gt3 only? These are also great fun and this community is mostly driving fair, so why not do that?

25. andrew1990

andrew1990

@edgematic The problem with running CP races with much bigger grids is that a lot of people's computers wouldn't be able to cope with the processing demand. I've been in a few and been, yet some with very similar/better specs have struggled.

There's also the matter of that many cars on one track at once... Smaller tracks like Zolder would struggle compared to somewhere like Spa.

26. edgematic

edgematic

I tried a few leagues and I dont like the way leagues usually works , you spend a lot of time practising in stead of racing to be competitive , if you get rammed/damage in first corner you wasted an entire week. im not sattisfied with only 1 race per week ,id rather gt sport/iracing/acc Scheduled races where i can race daily ,i cant play iracing because is too expensive , i dont like gt sport because the daily races are short and driver´s behaviour in track are disgusting, ACC was the only free platform who let me have long clean and competitive races daily, ACC´s competitive servers were the perfect tool for me .now with multiclass racing they cut in half the chances of having close racing . anyways still gonna play acc till we get "gt4 patch" in console .

edit : i just saw a stream in a cp race and only 2 or 3 guys drove gt4 i think this gonna be the trend in the next cp races . kudos need to make unique class cp races if they want to promote gt4 dlc

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  27. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi

I just did a race online yesterday at Silverstone, and some asshat spun me out in the last hairpin. Went from 2nd to 4th.

Some people just need to understand that the gap isn't always there. You cant just send it up the inside.

28. FrankieStail

FrankieStail

Sounds like Charles Leclerc

mc0029 and Whitestar like this.
  29. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi

It was sort of like that lol

30. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Bought it, haven't tried it yet though. I'm scared that after driving this, I can't go back to GT Sport anymore. ACC already ruined the Gr.3 cars, and I bet this will ruin the Gr.4 cars for me as well :lol: Price wise, I'm surprised it's more expensive than the IGTC pack. You would think making 4 large tracks would cost more than 10 cars. I'm guessing car licences are more expensive than track ones.

One thing I'd love to try with the GT4 cars is lower downforce all the way and raised ride height to maximum, to make it as close as possible to their road counterparts. Just to get a feel of how ACC physics might behave with road cars in a hypothetical "AC2" ;)

lancia delta hf likes this.