Assetto corsa feeling with thrustmaster t300PS4 

• Thread starter Smiler273
  • 42 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Recently purchased a t300 to replace my g29 which I’ve had for a fair few years.

Love the t300 but PC2 I find the cars are undriveable. If I could get the same feeling as per assetto corsa which I find perfect with the default ffb settings I’d love PC2. Has anyone found any settings for the t300 with a similar feeling to AC?

Many thanks

make sure to load the stable setups
raw
T300 will clip horribly in my experience with 100 gain and volume/tone as high as you have suggested. I also prefer to start with the loose setup and work from there rather than load the stable ones. I don't feel personaly starting with stable gets you much closer to how AC feels, but each to their own.

For OP - you will not get PC2 to feel that close to AC. This does not matter though - they are both great games with great handling and feedback models and are both totally drivable - you just need to adapt.

Like all games you will find some cars more drivable in one sim than the other - that's just the way these games are.

T300 will clip horribly in my experience with 100 gain and volume/tone as high as you have suggested.

Nope, I run pretty much those exact settings on my T300 with my profiler set at 100% and I never clip. Besides that, if you're using Informative or Immersive it will auto-tune your FFB so it won't clip.

I also prefer to start with the loose setup and work from there rather than load the stable ones. I don't feel personaly starting with stable gets you much closer to how AC feels, but each to their own.

Nope, the loose setups make the game feel broken IMO, they're awful. The stable setups makes it feel less broken.

Nope, I run pretty much those exact settings on my T300 with my profiler set at 100% and I never clip. Besides that, if you're using Informative or Immersive it will auto-tune your FFB so it won't clip.

Nope, the loose setups make the game feel broken IMO, they're awful. The stable setups makes it feel less broken.
"Nope" for you perhaps but we all have different experiences and that is ok.

Last edited:

100% agreed - but then I've been 'corrected' on this matter before!

To return to the thread - is the issue the same with the T500 - looking at maybe getting one early next year...

While I haven't driven all of them, most cars I've experienced that offer "OEM" setups, provide very fun and realistic driving experiences. Not always the fastest - or Time Trial setups - but super fun and authentic.

There is a setting on PC2 to make the road feel more realistic. I'll let you know when I get home later tonight. Can't remember at the moment but it made a big difference.

Change the force feedback settings flavor to immersive if you haven't tried it yet. I'll double check when I get home if that's what I set mine to.

While I haven't driven all of them, most cars I've experienced that offer "OEM" setups, provide very fun and realistic driving experiences. Not always the fastest - or Time Trial setups - but super fun and authentic.

Pretty sure those are only available on street cars.

Hi all,

Recently purchased a t300 to replace my g29 which I’ve had for a fair few years.

Love the t300 but PC2 I find the cars are undriveable. If I could get the same feeling as per assetto corsa which I find perfect with the default ffb settings I’d love PC2. Has anyone found any settings for the t300 with a similar feeling to AC?

Many thanks

It would help to know the platform!

Change the force feedback settings flavor to immersive if you haven't tried it yet. I'll double check when I get home if that's what I set mine to.

I forgot to get back to this post. Checked my flavor settings and mine is set to informative not immersive. Gave me the best feel for the road with a t300

make sure to load the stable setups
raw
What i dont get about Stable and Loose setups is us console owners only got given Stable setups to begin with and we were told Stable = Control Pad setups and Loose = Wheel setup. Is this not the case anymore? Loose setups generally do feel alot poorer than the stable ones.

What i dont get about Stable and Loose setups is us console owners only got given Stable setups to begin with and we were told Stable = Control Pad setups and Loose = Wheel setup. Is this not the case anymore? Loose setups generally do feel alot poorer than the stable ones.
Well they never felt anything like the stable setups do now if anything I would say we all had loose before even then the newer setups feel better stable and loose and the " loose for wheel users" I never seen that written down anywhere by sms so I toke that as an urban myth. ;)

Well they never felt anything like the stable setups do now if anything I would say we all had loose before even then the newer setups feel better stable and loose and the " loose for wheel users" I never seen that written down anywhere by sms so I toke that as an urban myth. ;)

Stable setups are just 'tight-setups' in real-life racing... to simplify, stable means understeer (the way most road cars are setup for safety reasons), lose means oversteer which is harder to control both in real-life and almost impossible when simulated if using a controlpad as recovery relies on being able to recognise instant rear-tyre adhesion levels which are normally fed through via FFB on a wheel but only rumble on controlpads.

Stable setups are just 'tight-setups' in real-life racing... to simplify, stable means understeer (the way most road cars are setup for safety reasons), lose means oversteer which is harder to control both in real-life and almost impossible when simulated if using a controlpad as recovery relies on being able to recognise instant rear-tyre adhesion levels which are normally fed through via FFB on a wheel but only rumble on controlpads.
Have you done a side by side comparison between stable/loose? I wonder what the major changes are?

Have you done a side by side comparison between stable/loose? I wonder what the major changes are?

No I haven't. I normally take a car to Bathurst/dry (a well-rounded track) load the 'loose' setup and tweak that until I'm happy with it, save it as my 'base' and then tweak that setting for each specific track/condition as necessary (and save that setting for next time).

Where's the limit of FFB feel?
I feel tire rubber shape, shoulders, bouncing, slip, grip, slide and lockups.
I feel rumblestrips, touching of kerbs, undulations, tire compressions on braking and lot more.
It gives plenty of information to balance on edge tire grip, on front wheels and rear wheels.

I'll say at it gives on par with AC on most parts, and on tire shapes and contact it gives better than AC.

What is the feeling what people are praising on T300 or better wheels, coz I'm on G27 and I have to squeeze my wheel on places where it should kick and rest when it should give me time to rest (Nordschleife beck straight isn't that kind of place, to bumpy, have to keep some force on wheel when tires hit on bump).

Where's the limit of FFB feel?
I feel tire rubber shape, shoulders, bouncing, slip, grip, slide and lockups.
I feel rumblestrips, touching of kerbs, undulations, tire compressions on braking and lot more.
It gives plenty of information to balance on edge tire grip, on front wheels and rear wheels.

I'll say at it gives on par with AC on most parts, and on tire shapes and contact it gives better than AC.

What is the feeling what people are praising on T300 or better wheels, coz I'm on G27 and I have to squeeze my wheel on places where it should kick and rest when it should give me time to rest (Nordschleife beck straight isn't that kind of place, to bumpy, have to keep some force on wheel when tires hit on bump).
Man, I wish I had a better vocabulary to describe it. I had a G27, loved it, but had to replace it for PS4. Now that I have a T300... well... it's just extra gravy. Mostly, it's the smoothness. As the feelings you described ramp up and down, it has a very fluid feeling. Never notchy, which is what I sometimes felt with my G27. You don't have a bad wheel by any means though. I'd still be running my G27 if PS4 would have supported it.

Guess I never find out what's so special about AC ffb if I don't play it myself :P I remember my friends praising it for great FFB on G29 compared to PC1 which had awful default ffb for that wheel.

Anyway here are my FFB values for T300: 50/46/69/57 - tried to make it more like what I get while everyday driving my Focus Mk1 :D

Hi all,

Many thanks
I didn't know FFB and handling were the same thing. T300 user here too, and the undrivable cars to me are the assetto corsa ones, the factory cars I mean, which handling in PC2 compared to assetto corsa is worlds beyond. I mean they are driveable in pc2. In assetto corsa 90% of the road cars are not.

You sound like a GT cars only user. No factory cars player at all. That's why you prefer assetto, right?, in which case I might agree with you there, but no way regarding road cars.

And of course I don't understand how FFB and handling is the same to you. Please explain that.

Man, I wish I had a better vocabulary to describe it. I had a G27, loved it, but had to replace it for PS4. Now that I have a T300... well... it's just extra gravy. Mostly, it's the smoothness. As the feelings you described ramp up and down, it has a very fluid feeling. Never notchy, which is what I sometimes felt with my G27. You don't have a bad wheel by any means though. I'd still be running my G27 if PS4 would have supported it.
I had choice to keep Fanatec CSW with elite pedals, but G27 was my choice then, not regretting that.
I know about word on smoothness on feedback, but also it had that one bit too much smoothness which I didn't like.
Reason was simple, I'm playing binary game and everything on feedback starts when zero changes to one, with Fanatec I missed first set of changed zeros because of smoothness and it was a disadvantage on tuning perspective. On case where doing tuning on G27 and enjoying it on Fanatec would be optimal, but I don't have two rig and switching wheel on rig is too much work for my using purposes.

So I definitely understand why i.e. T300 or Fanatec wheels are getting hype from users, excellent smooth feedback.

I'm on PS4 with my G27 using GIMX, absolutely best choice for me currently, on several games including pc2 there's plenty of torque on it, if you have set FFB values "right", meaning at you don't mix values together which are killing each other effects. It doesn't have power to twist your wrest like expensive wheels might have, but it has enough to give your immersion of driving a real thing. In any cases when you need to fight against FFB you're mostly doing something wrong, either driving maneuver or badly setup on FFB, on real driving wheel is just following your hand, or may I say your hand is following wheel and highest forces you use are just to keep wheel steady on certain turn angle or straight and there you don't want too much unnecessary force.
G27, T300 etc are just enough to give this force.

9 Hours of comparing PCARS 2, GTS and AC last night myself and a friend who put so much effort in have come to the conclusion that we have no chance of getting PCARS 2 as good as AC's FFB

Started off just comparing titles for a few hours taking the same cars out on the same track and conditions, Then we dropped GTS and we got onto PCARS FFB and to try and get it as good as AC - Conclusion in the end is it's impossible AC is just leagues ahead and after about 6 hours of changing and going back to AC we did get something we were happy with in PCARS and convinved we got very close but then we'd stick AC back on and realise we were still no where near.

What AC seems to do is give you tons and tons of information when the wheel is centered or 10% either side this is where PCARS just cannot get anywhere close everywhere else on the wheel i would say it was as good but in the centre PCARS feels a bit on the numb side. Raw on the T300 on PS4 is awful no matter how much fiddling we done it was completely numb and a million miles away god knows how this is default it has got to be only for very top of the range DD wheels or maybe it works on PC but not PS4, Immersive was the one that got closest to AC and give us the best feeling to work with.

If we get a PCARS 3 i hope SMS will focus on the FFB more as with all the content it has to have the best FFB on top of it all would just be the icing on the cake. What is crazy i do believe Race Room has even better FFB than AC? If thats true god dam i'd love to try that sim out. They also seem to have incredible sound on top of amazing FFB. Shame no plans to bring it to console.

9 Hours of comparing PCARS 2, GTS and AC last night myself and a friend who put so much effort in have come to the conclusion that we have no chance of getting PCARS 2 as good as AC's FFB

Started off just comparing titles for a few hours taking the same cars out on the same track and conditions, Then we dropped GTS and we got onto PCARS FFB and to try and get it as good as AC - Conclusion in the end is it's impossible AC is just leagues ahead and after about 6 hours of changing and going back to AC we did get something we were happy with in PCARS and convinved we got very close but then we'd stick AC back on and realise we were still no where near.

What AC seems to do is give you tons and tons of information when the wheel is centered or 10% either side this is where PCARS just cannot get anywhere close everywhere else on the wheel i would say it was as good but in the centre PCARS feels a bit on the numb side. Raw on the T300 on PS4 is awful no matter how much fiddling we done it was completely numb and a million miles away god knows how this is default it has got to be only for very top of the range DD wheels or maybe it works on PC but not PS4, Immersive was the one that got closest to AC and give us the best feeling to work with.

If we get a PCARS 3 i hope SMS will focus on the FFB more as with all the content it has to have the best FFB on top of it all would just be the icing on the cake. What is crazy i do believe Race Room has even better FFB than AC? If thats true god dam i'd love to try that sim out. They also seem to have incredible sound on top of amazing FFB. Shame no plans to bring it to console.
Odd as I find with a T300 that the two are not a massive way apart at all.

I posted the following in another thread about my settings on the two.

"In PC2 I run:
Raw
Gain 100
Vol 35
Tone 50
FX 30

In AC I run:
FFB 40 and everything else off.

As I run a tactile setup I don't need or want canned SOP effects (as the tactile takes care of that), the above give a very similar degree of wheel weightand FFB between the two.".

Odd as I find with a T300 that the two are not a massive way apart at all.

I posted the following in another thread about my settings on the two.

"In PC2 I run:
Raw
Gain 100
Vol 35
Tone 50
FX 30

In AC I run:
FFB 40 and everything else off.

As I run a tactile setup I don't need or want canned SOP effects (as the tactile takes care of that), the above give a very similar degree of wheel weightand FFB between the two.".
You dont run any road detail in AC or kerb feeling? Does that not feel numb hence you have PCARS feeling similar? I cant remember my settings will post them next time im playing but we could not get anything decent with raw while immersive gave so much feeling.

Which setting turns off the SOP effects in PCARS is it Tone?

Back