Assetto corsa feeling with thrustmaster t300PS4 

• Thread starter Smiler273
  • 42 comments
You dont run any road detail in AC or kerb feeling? Does that not feel numb hence you have PCARS feeling similar? I cant remember my settings will post them next time im playing but we could not get anything decent with raw while immersive gave so much feeling.

Which setting turns off the SOP effects in PCARS is it Tone?
Kerb in AC provides canned effects, it's not true FFB from the track surface.

Keep in mind that many curbs should not rumble as they are smooth. Set kerb on in AC and you get rumble from all of them. Set it off and you only get it from the ones you should.

Can recall off the top of my head which one is which in PC2, but Raw ensures you only get FFB from the physics engine, the same as AC with all the canned effects turned off.

Much for what people want to feel from steering doesn't come via the wheel in reality, but through the rest of the car. Hence the reason some want the canned effects, as I say I'm fortunate to have a tactile setup, so get that feel via the frame of my rig.

Kerb in AC provides canned effects, it's not true FFB from the track surface.

Keep in mind that many curbs should not rumble as they are smooth. Set kerb on in AC and you get rumble from all of them. Set it off and you only get it from the ones you should.

Can recall off the top of my head which one is which in PC2, but Raw ensures you only get FFB from the physics engine, the same as AC with all the canned effects turned off.

Much for what people want to feel from steering doesn't come via the wheel in reality, but through the rest of the car. Hence the reason some want the canned effects, as I say I'm fortunate to have a tactile setup, so get that feel via the frame of my rig.

So if RAW is the physics engine only and it feels so week and numb does that mean the physics engine is poor? If what you say about AC is right about canned effects and it feels incredible and gives you more confidence in the car then surely thats the way to go? Or maybe im underestimating the butt kicker? Do you feel your driving the car as much with the butt kicker as you are wheel?...Im really intrigued now to try AC with no FFB see how close it feels to RAW on PC2...gotta go fire it up.

So if RAW is the physics engine only and it feels so week and numb does that mean the physics engine is poor? If what you say about AC is right about canned effects and it feels incredible and gives you more confidence in the car then surely thats the way to go? Or maybe im underestimating the butt kicker? Do you feel your driving the car as much with the butt kicker as you are wheel?...Im really intrigued now to try AC with no FFB see how close it feels to RAW on PC2...gotta go fire it up.
I don't find it either week or poor on raw with the settings I run, however you are underestimating what tactile can do.

I run a Reckhorn setup rather than a buttkicker, but it's the same concept.

Right 5 laps of AC 40% FFB everything off, It's just a wallowing numbness absolutely no feeling what the wheels on the tarmac are doing at all. I guess it is like RAW on PCars but even my Leon FR on the street has more road feeling through the wheel than the Z4 round Brands Hatch and that cannot be right. I have driven my dads Focus ST around Knockhill twice and the feeling you get from that car is the feeling you get from AC with Road FFB and and Kerb feedback on. I think what you want through your wheel is totally different on what the majority of us are looking for which is feeling every bump and camber the way you do with a car with a decent steering rack.

Would be interesting your thoughts if i gave you my PCARS 2 settings and just how crazy they would be for you. Will send them over later.

Right 5 laps of AC 40% FFB everything off, It's just a wallowing numbness absolutely no feeling what the wheels on the tarmac are doing at all. I guess it is like RAW on PCars but even my Leon FR on the street has more road feeling through the wheel than the Z4 round Brands Hatch and that cannot be right. I have driven my dads Focus ST around Knockhill twice and the feeling you get from that car is the feeling you get from AC with Road FFB and and Kerb feedback on. I think what you want through your wheel is totally different on what the majority of us are looking for which is feeling every bump and camber the way you do with a car with a decent steering rack.

Would be interesting your thoughts if i gave you my PCARS 2 settings and just how crazy they would be for you. Will send them over later.
I think part of this is what you are missing I still get via tactile, just as you do in reality. I certainly can feel what is going on with regard to the track surface, in fact I find it easier to do so because I'm not having to filter out a lot of stuff that shouldn't be present.

I've driven plenty on track and you don't get as much through the steering as you go through the rest of the car.

Lots of people however do run AC in the exact same way I do.

It's worth noting that I used to use different settings on AC before I had the tactile unit.

Last edited:
Firing up PCARS 2 and they describe immersive as what you feel in the real world and certainly more what i feel in the real world. By the sounds of RAW it seems to me that SOP effects are in full swing here "allowing various forces felt by drivers" isnt that creating a more unnatural as it's trying to replicate g-forces through your wheel rather than the contact of tyre and tarmac or im i completely wrong?

On a different matter the sense of speed between the two games is vastly different with AC feeling much quicker.

Firing up PCARS 2 and they describe immersive as what you feel in the real world and certainly more what i feel in the real world. By the sounds of RAW it seems to me that SOP effects are in full swing here "allowing various forces felt by drivers" isnt that creating a more unnatural as it's trying to replicate g-forces through your wheel rather than the contact of tyre and tarmac or im i completely wrong?

On a different matter the sense of speed between the two games is vastly different with AC feeling much quicker.
Raw doesn't have SOP effects, that's the informative one. SMS have confirmed this a number of times.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-ps4-ffb-thread.359930/page-3#post-11992727

Right my settings trying to get close to AC

Immersive
Gain 55
Vol 60
Tone 50
FX 55

Only thing we did not mess about with was tone as we had no idea what the description meant so going to need to Youtube that later on.

Right my settings trying to get close to AC

Immersive
Gain 55
Vol 60
Tone 50
FX 55

Only thing we did not mess about with was tone as we had no idea what the description meant so going to need to Youtube that later on.
Tone on immersive sets the ratio between SOP and steering rack (lower for more SOP and higher for more rack). FX then sets how much of that you get.

Tone on immersive sets the ratio between SOP and steering rack (lower for more SOP and higher for more rack). FX then sets how much of that you get.

Cheers for your help, i defo feel as if im getting there now with PCARS 2, ive always talked about as if im fighting against the physics rather than with them but getting this FFB dialed in better everyday certainly is making it more enjoyable and i reckon i'l be very happy soon enough.

I was messing around with the FFB in the demo trying to find a setup that would work for all 3 cars in the demo.. I seem to have found a pretty good one for me. Not perfect but I am satisfied. Now that I figured all the other settings out too (movement, graphics, etc) and got a ps4 pro it seems it will be a lot of fun as there are tracks that pCARS 2 has that other ps4 titles don't.

Next time I catch it on sale will pick it up.

pCARS 2
RAW
Gain 88
Volume 35
Tone 30
FX 35

Edit - newer settings for pCARS 2
Raw
Gain 100
Volume 33
Tone = 30
FX = 42

To compare with AC
ffb 34
curb 0
road 15
slip 10
understeer OFF

Last edited:
I'm sure I read or saw somewhere that you should always have the gain on 100% or you will lose some effects. I am using settings pretty close to what @Scaff suggested in the last page with Raw and then gain set at 100. I adjust volume up and down to suit each car and you can do that while driving the car which is pretty handy.

I'm sure I read or saw somewhere that you should always have the gain on 100% or you will lose some effects. I am using settings pretty close to what @Scaff suggested in the last page with Raw and then gain set at 100. I adjust volume up and down to suit each car and you can do that while driving the car which is pretty handy.

Edit - Though I am still not sure 100% Gain is the end all.. I did find a good configuration with all 3 demo cars using 100% gain. I am over the demo though now and will watch for it to go on sale - I will be ok though for a while - the free DLC update for AC is dropping on ps4 next week. Also pCARS 2 has a huge update out on PC that is on its way to consoles and it changes some of the FFB

Raw
Gain 100
Volume 33
Tone = 30
FX = 42

-original post -
Yeah I saw that and I saw a post on the official forms stating that is not true for console.. data is conflicting and the SMS devs have not 100% cleared it up.

Thing is, as long as it feels good to me and I get the information I need... nothing then seems to be missing. I went through all that with people on pCARS 1 there was a huge debate over running FFB at 100% to get all the forces and dynamic range or at 75% to match what people use on the PC TM driver profile settings. I was running it at like 90-95.

With the demo I was getting to the point of raising the Gain up when I found that the tone slider was really changing the balance of what I felt in RAW and I liked it more to the lower/left side. I was fiddling and switching car.. then moving to the next. With the above I was able to happily drive each of the 3 demo cars and they seem to be pretty different (Ferrari 488 GT3, Lamborghini Huracán LP610-4, and Formula Renault 3.5)

Still haven't bought the game yet cause I still see a lot of bug reports, and I want to make sure it will be worth my time - I really ended up frustraded with pCARS 1 because of the FFB engineering madness and the bugs. (I already have GTS and AC and limited time to play so it is more about 'Will I really put the time in on it yet or ever?')

I just had some extra time this morning which is rare so I spent it seeing if I should be picking up this title or not.

Last edited:
Back