Assetto Corsa Gameplay Video: Porsche 911 RSR

It's actually a lot of fun to drive too. I'm honestly not a fan of GT3 cars. I find them boring but all the 911 GT's including this one are great. Also the 911 GT1 though I'm not sure that's a GT car or if it's a prototype but it's also epic.

It's actually a lot of fun to drive too. I'm honestly not a fan of GT3 cars. I find them boring but all the 911 GT's including this one are great. Also the 911 GT1 though I'm not sure that's a GT car or if it's a prototype but it's also epic.
It's funny. GT3 racing is probably my favorite racing class to watch on TV, but driving them in a race more than 10 laps does get a bit boring for me. I don't know why...but it seems to.

Oh, I'm glad you got your jerseys back, Tom. 👍 ;)

This thing looks a beast, once I get home this weekend I'll chuck it around Monza a good few times! I mostly prefer open wheelers myself but the GT3 seem to have the players in lobby's these days

The 2017 911 RSR is something I really want to get on console as soon as possible. Fabulous looking car and a real monster from what I have seen.

Hopefully it makes it into the next update otherwise we will be waiting until mid-May I suppose.

Meanwhile, on consoles... -.-

Its a sad thing to say but i lost interest on AC lately because everything takes ages for these guys. The game could be so much better. But im affraid we are getting too little, too late. Private lobbys in April? The game was released in August!! PC users got custom championships in December. What about that? I guess we will see the RSR in June on consoles. And how about a PS4 Pro patch?

Its sad to see such difference between the PC and console version. They could have done so much better on consoles.

Back to topic... the RSR is great. Saw that car at Daytona and Sebring... i wonder if it might show up in other racing sims, too.

The gap in sound is roughly the same as the gap in graphics to me, just on the opposite side.

I'd mostly agree to that, but the previous post intimating that PD somehow don't make cars that sound like cars is a touch exaggerated...

I'd mostly agree to that, but the previous post intimating that PD somehow don't make cars that sound like cars is a touch exaggerated...
PD make bad sounding cars however you cut it. Watching the Beta with the Audi GT3 sound gave me no doubt that i wouldn't be able to drive some of the cars merely due to the sounds annoying my ears.

PD make bad sounding cars however you cut it. Watching the Beta with the Audi GT3 sound gave me no doubt that i wouldn't be able to drive some of the cars merely due to the sounds annoying my ears.

Bored of this argument.

Can't we talk about the topic instead. It looks and sounds great, this Porsche, I can't wait to drive it in AC PS4... Do you need to own any packs, or is this a random extra?

I think the same way unfortunately. Whenever I hear GTS cars I can always tell they are from GTS. It has a very distinct droning, artificial, digitized type of flavour to it. Whereas with many of the other sims like iRacing, AC, PCars, R3E etc it's much more difficult to tell them apart and they can more easily pass for "real".

I think the same way unfortunately. Whenever I hear GTS cars I can always tell they are from GTS. It has a very distinct droning, artificial, digitized type of flavour to it. Whereas with many of the other sims like iRacing, AC, PCars, R3E etc it's much more difficult to tell them apart and they can more easily pass for "real".

The new build is much better though, surely?
I've heard some great sounding cars in the various streams, lots of chassis rattling, dirt noise, transmission whine, that kind of thing...

I was surprised by the progress on that front.

It's funny. GT3 racing is probably my favorite racing class to watch on TV, but driving them in a race more than 10 laps does get a bit boring for me. I don't know why...but it seems to.

Oh, I'm glad you got your jerseys back, Tom. 👍 ;)

Yeah I agree with you too. May be they are too easy to drive. They all are like driving on rails. The street cars seem more lively to push hard while controlling that understeering. I hot lap with super cars and race with GT3.

Bored of this argument.

Can't we talk about the topic instead. It looks and sounds great, this Porsche, I can't wait to drive it in AC PS4... Do you need to own any packs, or is this a random extra?
You need to own Porsche Pack 3 to receive the Porsche 911 RSR 2017. The car was supposed to be in Porsche Pack 3 when PP3 was released. Kunos couldn't get it finished in time - my guess is they needed more data from Porsche and Porsche either couldn't or wouldn't provide them with it until after its debut at Daytona. That's not a fact, just my opinion on why it was late based on things I've heard. PP3 purchasers were given the 2017 911 Turbo S as a replacement car for the missing 911 RSR 2017 with the promise they would still receive the 911 RSR at some point in the near future.

The new build is much better though, surely?
I've heard some great sounding cars in the various streams, lots of chassis rattling, dirt noise, transmission whine, that kind of thing...

I was surprised by the progress on that front.
It is better...and it also has a distinct droning, digitized flavour to it. It can be both at the same time. Better means nothing to me. Convincing means much more.

Back