Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
Eh, except rFactor 2... and also, you don't know how GTR3 looks yet. I have a feeling GTR3's going to focus more on expansion than wasting their time on really pretty graphics, which I'm more than fine with.

But it's still 4 heavyweights with all of the same amount of ambition, which is just awesome.

Not really, rFactor 2 is pretty ugly looking, and we're really not sure what GTR3 looks like, although i'm still expecting it'll look pretty nice.

1804131-shut_up_and_take_my_money_.jpg

Just awesome !!!!!!!!!!

I CAN NOT WAIT. We've been spinning our awesome wheels with nKp and FVA long enough, the feel of the tires and FFB is second to none for me, it's going to be even better with all the new aspects we've got on top of the extremely solid base Kunos has to work on.

Here's some embeds for the lazy:

Yeah, to those who haven't tried nK or FVA I highly highly recommend doing so, so you know what we're talking about. The feel of the connection between the tires and the road is just magical. It's truly a joy to just drive.

Wardez
Yeah, to those who haven't tried nK or FVA I highly highly recommend doing so, so you know what we're talking about. The feel of the connection between the tires and the road is just magical. It's truly a joy to just drive.

I thought I read in an article that they were going to start from the ground up with graphics, and physics. Hopefully they will be able to re-create the "magic" for this one.

Yeah, but part of the essence of that "magic" is that it's so simple for them. I remember reading an article a while back somewhere where the lead coder was asked about the Force Feedback system in netKar and he told them that they were surprised at all the acclaim over their FFB since it was, " only 7 lines of code."

I am surprised that PCARS is getting so much more attention than this. They both look great but this looks like the one that might have it all:
1)Physics
2)Graphics
3)Laser scanned tracks
Did I miss anything important?
4)Content?-meh, not cas important as getting the first three perfect.
5)Online? - I am sure they will work it out, again not as important as the first 3.

This might be the one racing sim they might present a threat to iRacing for many people. netkar pro was amazing and this one looks truly ground breaking. It's been on my radar for quite awhile yo 👍

Yeah guys, definitely. And one big thing I would think about when lapping around in Ferrari Virtual Academy was how awesome it would be to race against other people with the feel the F1 car had, it's just extraordinary.

I'd say that once it's released it should quite easily become the sim of choice for F1 sim racers around the world.

Oh my. I don't dare complete the thought that link gave me. It is literally too good to be even possibly true. :crazy:

Well new videos popped up from one of their tours and it's only shown clips of the GP track so far, I doubt it'll be the full North Loop but I'm wrong I'll be very happily so.

Back