• 87 comments

Assetto Corsa or Project Cars 2

• Assetto Corsa: Ultimate Edition

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • Project Cars 2 Deluxe Edition

Votes: 39 59.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh no. There's a lot that isn't in GTS. All the vintage racers are well worth it alone as well as the vintage tracks that go along with them.
PC2 goes well farther in to different categories of race cars than GTS.

I haven't played it obviously, but when looking for the demo, I saw all the car/tracks you could buy .However, I seem to have them all in GTS.

I'm wrong. Just looked again and it is in there. Did they change the game home screens or something? It looks different, the demo used to be right on the "buy the game" page but now you have to scroll down to see it.

I’ve got PC2, I’ve turned it on twice and never made it past the first warmup session in career mode before coming back to GT Sport. I may buy the AC if it’s on sale for cheap just to try it out, I have been wanting to try it. :)

I got both but I’d go with PC2 if I had to choose one. AC has great physics but single player and multiplayer is kind of lackluster compared to PC2. Also being an old game, the online lobbies aren’t very populated most of the time. The AI isn't anything special, last time I played it was pretty awful tbh.

The driving experience in AC is top notch but a hot lap sim is a pretty accurate assessment of it.

Last edited:
I’ve got PC2, I’ve turned it on twice and never made it past the first warmup session in career mode before coming back to GT Sport. I may buy the AC if it’s on sale for cheap just to try it out, I have been wanting to try it. :)

How come you couldn't get past the warm up session?

I have almost zero interest in hot lapping by myself. Immersion is fun but not what excites me. I play these games for the chance to experience some close racing. PC2 is better for this compared to AC, and even GTS for that matter. AI in GTS is a joke. PC2 at least can be set to the point of a serious challenge.

I don't get what all this hot lapping talk is about. I just finished setting up a Championship Race Series in Assetto with a proper point system. The tracks I picked myself. The cars I picked myself. All with practice and qualifying. Something you can't do in GTS or PC2 not to mention good and challenging AI.

I would be skeptical of believing Assetto Corsa is just a "Hot Lap Sim". :rolleyes:

Both are great. I voted PC2 for more options and depth overall, but driving with a wheel in AC is awesome.

PS Pro user.

Last edited:
PSN here now having a Hari Raya (Muslim holiday) sale, up to 80% off. But Assetto Corsa still full price. Guess I won't be trying that one! How can they drop the price in some regions and ignore others? If they didn't drop elsewhere, I might consider paying full whack. But they're making big cuts in some places, so I won't. Weird, how to lose sales.

I don't get what all this hot lapping talk is about. I just finished setting up a Championship Race Series in Assetto with a proper point system. The tracks I picked myself. The cars I picked myself. All with practice and qualifying. Something you can't do in GTS or PC2 not to mention good and challenging AI.

I would be skeptical of believing Assetto Corsa is just a "Hot Lap Sim". :rolleyes:
Visually PC2 looks better with other cars on track and despite the lack of championships there are more options for quick races than AC. Just fact. I don't value the championships and think AC is visually lacking so I choose PC2

Visually PC2 looks better with other cars on track and despite the lack of championships there are more options for quick races than AC. Just fact. I don't value the championships and think AC is visually lacking so I choose PC2

I love PC2. Bugs and all I guess. lol
I too suggested PC2 over AC many posts above. You can't beat PC2's level of variety. Hands down a great job for such a small team that created it.

So, both games are 60-70% off in the PS Store right now. I only really want to buy one of them, which one should I get? I figure I'll ask in the GT Sport forum since I hope to get the least biased answers, if I ask in the PCars 2 forum obviously they'd suggest PCars 2 right?

I'm probably looking for the best single player experience. I'm coming from playing GT Sport, and GTS is the only racing game I've played since GT5 however many years ago.

I'd still get my online kicks from GTS and it likely will remain my focus. This new game will just be to have fun driving and racing a career mode and maybe get the occasional online race in just for fun.

(I'll probably cave and buy both anyways but vote away!)
I have to completely disagree with people who say AC is a hot lap simulator. You can create custom championships, and AC has very good AI. So I really do not understand this hotlap simulator angle. Also race weekends which I use instead of hotlap mode as it's like a track day. It certainly does not have a good career mode, that is for sure. But the career mode is good for one thing, easing you into learning car set up. You can only adjust psi in the first races for example , then ride height etc.

Pcars2 has a much better career mode, but it just doesn't feel as good to drive to me.

Every time I touch the brakes they lock up, I tried adjusting stuff but it just kept happening, so I gave up. :lol:

You can adjust brake pressure which in most cars is necessary to lower. ABS and TCS should be set to authentic but if you want ABS on all cars you can do that. I would say it's better than going back to GTS where their brake system consists of mashing the brake pedal all the way down and hoping you stop in time, never locking up or sliding with ABS on, even on weak. Truly a weird braking system and it seems as if every car just brakes the same.

This is something I actually disagree with. You could say it looks more realistic maybe, more eye candy, better trackside objects, but it looks a hot mess on standard ps4. It often distracts me whilst driving. AC graphics are nothing to write home about but they are clean and never distract me from the driving. I am enjoying the weather effects and TOD in PC2 though, but overall I'm finding the quality all over the place in every area. I do recommend both games when in the sale.

You can adjust brake pressure which in most cars is necessary to lower. ABS and TCS should be set to authentic but if you want ABS on all cars you can do that. I would say it's better than going back to GTS where their brake system consists of mashing the brake pedal all the way down and hoping you stop in time, never locking up or sliding with ABS on, even on weak. Truly a weird braking system and it seems as if every car just brakes the same.

I get what your saying, but I don’t wanna spend time fiddling with car settings on every single car, I just want to jump in and drive and GTS is perfect for that. :)

AC all the way. PC2 just doesn't even come close when it comes the sheer driving pleasure.

Also graphics and sounds are nicer for the eyes in AC. PC2 has variable weather and more variety though but no custom championship and it lacks fun because the AI is just terrible. Actually it seems impossible to get it right with one setting for all tracks. AC has some challenges and great AI but it lacks full replays and a photomode.

That of course is my personal opinion ;)

Last edited:
I get what your saying, but I don’t wanna spend time fiddling with car settings on every single car, I just want to jump in and drive and GTS is perfect for that. :)
And yet lots of people who play PC2 do just that. So maybe the fault is not with the game.

People do just hop on and drive but his problem is somewhat valid. I felt like the brake pressure off the get go is usually set very high and it is always a game of finding the sweet spot on the pedal to where braking can be achieved without lockup. Plus you have to get tires and brakes up to temp before really making final settings. Yada yada.
While you can just jump on and do a quick race, lower AI difficulty and be competitive while having fun, it's also nice to be able to tune and extract the most you can get out of the car as well. A lot of people just don't want to fidget and that's their prerogative.

uIBS3X.gif

I have just regular AC. It was cheap. To be honest with you my friend...Braking in both those games is way different. If you brake lightly the cars seem to stop unbelievably well.
After I ran my qual early this week I switched to AC on Brands in the Audi and the z4 gt cars. I dunno, I’m just not blown away by the driving experience...AC has times when your car will simply become uncorrectable. No matter what you do it’s almost like the physics shuts off after a certain input sequence.
It’s very good, like GT Sport, a little more difficult. They have a race with the old m3 evolution on Mugello one make which drives very very well. Very engaging. That’s my favorite thing.
If you are used to a polished title like GT Sport though, it’s a little unnerving to place podium then boom. You are just sitting in the pits. No music, no nothing. Same as if you just crashed out ten times in a row and quit.
No screensaver no menu music.
As far as comparing Brands gr3 to Brands gr3...I definitely prefer GT Sport. Ac is a good title and worth trying, just don’t expect much beyond trying out a different model and diff ffb. Graphics are pretty good as long as you don’t look at the other cars lol. The tracks look pretty good. It’s fun to goof with cockpit fov but you can totally distort the look of the game. I spent quite a while messing with it and it’s very very easy to make it very hard to drive, and I never got to a point where adjusting fov made it easier to hit an apex. I run a pretty good size screen.
People will say omg amazing physics, but to me it’s just good. The car in slide state turn off all inputs and put car off track bit is very very annoying, but the ffb is pretty good. I prefer GT Sport overall. One nice thing in AC is the tire warmer blankets defaults to in use, so you begin with your tires at optimal temp.
One thing I think pc2 gets way wrong is tire temp and pressure. You go out cold and in like the 86 gr4 on racing slicks you are ON ICE WITH NO TRACTION until you get to the perfect temp and pressure then it drives well, but ffb is so uninformqtive it’s hard to tell when you will lose grip. I uninstalled pc2, but I may retry again at some point.
For me it’s no contest, try AC if you like racing good ai. Physics and ffb is good, but I wouldn’t say great. Imo on the combos I just tried it’s less forgiving. GT Sport is more fun in that it’s easy to get around the track in a good line but quite challenging to do it fast.
Jmo as always try all games, you never know what you might enjoy or what you might be missing unless you buy and try!

Re the braking issue, load cell mod for brake pedal makes all driving games much more fun imo.

Last edited:
In that case thanks for your invaluable contribution to this thread.

I just find it really strange that I can set top 100 times in GTS, yet I can barely make it around a Lap on the same track with the same car in PC2.

I just find it really strange that I can set top 100 times in GTS, yet I can barely make it around a Lap on the same track with the same car in PC2.
You tried it twice, in practice. Did you wait until you hard warmed your tyres up or just drove at full chat immediately?

You tried it twice, in practice. Did you wait until you hard warmed your tyres up or just drove at full chat immediately?

Sorry to interrupt, but there is no reason to be testy.
@Pigems is a really really good driver, and I am a good driver also. I think both of us tend to call em like we see em.
No one is doing anything except expressing their opinion on the thread topic.
There’s nothing wrong with that.

I don’t remember now, I did 8 or 9 practice laps the last time I tried it and got frustrated with with all the lock ups, I even tried to adjust the brakes a couple times. I’m sure it’s a great game once your get used to it, I just haven’t done so yet. :cheers:

Back