Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,154 comments
what is the story behind these Mustangs ? ...I mean why they have been removed from RD, an who made them in a first place ? ...downloading right now, thanks!
They use Forza Horizon models so are against RD ToS. It was inevitable they'd be removed, and the modders must have known it. I guess they get in the shop window for a few hours so it must be worth their while.
They are by IXAssetto Car Modding.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/336781570210672/

FERRARI FXX EVOLUZIONE 2008 it includes the original fxx.

1280px-Paris_-_Bonhams_2015_-_Ferrari_FXX_Evoluzione_Berlinetta_-_2007_-_004.jpg

lots of skins got removed from RD cause someone mass reported my packs with included readme files with car links.
i uploaded all of this again next week, or took make sure look into a little blog site myself.
I think pincluding readme files with downloadlinks of non scratch made cars is probably also against RDs TOS. So maybe thats why they got removed...

not possible
I can not thank you enough for the swiftness of your mod and the interest you put in to it. It´s a real shame for the correct timing of a lap leaving the pits or even the start/finish line because that is the matter here :). But if it is an impossibility for the game itself, well...what are you gonna do, right? :) Thank you so much...

Hi Cote.
Suppose you copy Saleen suit, gloves and crew files, into content/texture, placing everything as hinted in the rar I provided (Saleen suit folder within content/texture/driver_suit, etc).
Navigate to a Saleen car. Look into the data files (assuming they come unpacked, or you unpack with CM) for the driver3d.ini file, open it, and take not of the driver model. For instance:

[MODEL]
NAME=driver_no_HANS

You will now have to create a skin.ini file, and locate it inside each skin folder.
The skin.ini will shows the game where to get the textures from.
Example:

[driver_no_HANS]
SUIT=\Saleen
GLOVES=\Saleen
HELMET=\Saleen

[CREW]
SUIT=\Saleen
HELMET=\Saleen

To create a skin.ini file, you can gather it from any other car, and change it's content accordingly.

If all of your texture files are in place, and the folder name matches, you should see the driver/crew texture reflected in game.
Once this is done a few time, it becomes second nature.
I've attached a screen to make it more graphic... maybe? lol
Hope that helps!
Thanks for reminding me how to do this! Some suit/gloves/helmet combos are 20mb or more so storing them in just one place and x-referencing to them saves a LOT of space compared to dropping them into every skin folder. I guess it maybe helps performance out on the track too?
Anyway, I used to do it this way but forgot the method over time. I'll certainly do it this way from now on.
Thanks again for your huge pack of skins. In VR wearing brand-appropriate suits and gloves make a big difference. I'm going to have a lot of fun updating my favourite cars.

Adios, white Sparco!

ok one possibility is to only use time gate 0 at start and delete the other, then you have no splits, is that ok?

unpack to "assettocorsa\content\tracks\ks_nordschleife", includes "666.kn5" with only TIME_0_L/R and a changed "models_endurance_nowall.ini"
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jva41wpl7sf87j2/ks_nordschleife_endu_onetimegate666.7z
All I wanted was this version of the track that allowed one warmup lap at the new circuit and a timed lap at the whole version (via sidekick or AC storage, whatever). If that´s the case I must congratulate you and thank you again even though I haven´t had the chance to try it yet.

lots of skins got removed from RD cause someone mass reported my packs with included readme files with car links.
i uploaded all of this again next week, or took make sure look into a little blog site myself.

Yes, I reported them. Stolen content has no place in any modding community.

Last edited:
Nice work Zin5ki and a nice addition to your previously released cars. Have you done anything that is missing from this list?

1993 Camero SCCA
1987 Corvette IMSA
1993 Jaguar XJ220C TWR
1990 Mazda RX-7 IMSA GTO
1990 Mercury Cougar XR-7 IMSA GTO
1990 Merkur XR4Ti IMSA GTO
1985 Ford Mustang IMSA GTO ....Is this a '85?
The last one was actually the 1994 SCCA Mustang Cobra model, which I tried to disguise as something older.

qilBjda.jpg

To address this, here is the actual 1985 model:

1985 Ford Mustang IMSA GTO

jLdQ6k2.jpg

DnaFgYY.jpg

Assetto Corsa now has more IMSA GTO cars than any other game!

nPSY3IO.png

about the speed of making this: the tourist open version i did time ago, when the version on RD was deleted, due to being a complete copy of the orig nordschleife, i had this one finished; i only had to remove some things for the endurance version and there you have your speed...and i have a list from making the light config
; 2.kn5 walls tourists
; 3.kn5 tourists pits blocked entry
; 4b.kn5 s/f grid + pits nordschleife
; 6.kn timers + startgrid endurance
; 10.kn5 marshals
; 14.kn5 crew + pitboxes + rvs + tents
; 15.kn5 people + forest stuff
; 17.kn5 trees
; 18.kn5 GP part for sight
; 20.kn5 walls gp-part
; 22.kn5 gp entry block
; 23.kn5 grass gp part
; 25.kn5 pyhs model
; 26.kn5 grass
; 100.kn5 semaphore/startlights
; 120.kn5 audio
; ks_nordschleife.kn5 ground

The last one was actually the 1994 SCCA Mustang Cobra model, which I tried to disguise as something older.

qilBjda.jpg

To address this, here is the actual 1985 model:

1985 Ford Mustang IMSA GTO

jLdQ6k2.jpg

DnaFgYY.jpg

Assetto Corsa now has more IMSA GTO cars than any other game!

nPSY3IO.png

Wow! More ISMA goodness :) Thank you very, very much! I have a question though - What car is the #75 Nissan in your group shot, I don't recognize that one ?

WIP marc mustang v8 anybody up for doing the skins ?

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1564886435.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1564886435.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 122
  • __custom_showroom_1564886440.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1564886440.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 112
  • __custom_showroom_1564886443.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1564886443.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 110
  • __custom_showroom_1564886450.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1564886450.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 113
  • __custom_showroom_1564886869.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1564886869.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 20190517_165625.jpg
    20190517_165625.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 116
about the speed of making this

There is something invisible left on the turn where the walls used be... was taking a drift to return to the start/finish straight and it caught the rear wheels, destroying the rear suspensions ?!?

it is noticeable just if taking the turn sideways... if you drive normally than you feel just like a small bump on the outer side of the turn.

- And, if you happen to edit the tracks, could you please remove that TV crew van on the pits exit in the tourist version ? (or open the iron gate that is on the other side of the building)

From nptc364 on the CSP discord:
NEW! Potrero De Los Funes "Beyond Pi-trero" V4.1! Download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ylb4b1845qq9tum/rerov41.rar/file or https://sharemods.com/jbuzrda7cj71/rerov41.rar.html Light config is included in the track archive. The track requires Stereo's stFlow shader https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/stflow-shader.23999/ Track is a conversion of a scratch made rfactor mod track https://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Potrero de Los Funes -tweaked physical mesh road noise -improved wet weather look -trimmed some bushes

And, if you happen to edit the tracks, could you please remove that TV crew van on the pits exit in the tourist version ? (or open the iron gate that is on the other side of the building)
unfortunately its in another kn5 i did not change, but you can remove it by config, add this to "assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\ks_nordschleife.ini":

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_2]
FILE=14.kn5
HIDE=Satellite_Van005

Advice needed..........

What program do you guys think is the easiest way to make skins for a car? Basically my most favorite car in AC , has one skin and that's it. I thought maybe I would try to do some extra skins for it this winter while I'm bored.

ok sry if spamming but this is with proper LOD settings:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tl9kr...leife__2layouts_touristopen_enduranceopenE.7z

This is only for the one single person who asked for this: only with TIME_0_L/R, so you have no splits, but it counts every s/f crossing; unpack to "assettocorsa\content\tracks\ks_nordschleife", includes "666.kn5" with only TIME_0_L/R and a changed "models_endurance_nowall.ini" http://www.mediafire.com/file/jva41wpl7sf87j2/ks_nordschleife_endu_onetimegate666.7z

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back