Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,332 comments
Germany
Germany
The beginning of the official "Assetto Corsa PC Mods General Discussion" thread on GTPlanet

1702647618763.png

Last edited:
That guy is doing them without any permission from the original creators from what I've read.

That's what I've been reading as well. They locked all of his threads on the AC Support forum. I wonder if Race Department will take them down as well?

Since this thread is about mods, and not specifically mentioning tracks in the title, I'd like to share these two sound mods I found on the AC Support forum for anyone that hasn't seen them or hasn't been there.

McLaren 12C GT3 - http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...p4-12c-gt3-internal-external-sound-mods.7033/

Ferrari 312T - http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ferrari-312-t-sound-mod-external-internal.7984/

That's what I've been reading as well. They locked all of his threads on the AC Support forum.

AC support forum did lock the threads because those are not tracks made from scratch, also AC forum is Kunos forum and they do not want to be associated with conversion from other game content, it is easy to understand why.
RD will lock the thread if the owners of the track ask them too, so far, beside some zealots that should know better, no one has complained that their work has been misused, so there is no reason that we cannot enjoy those.

AC support forum did lock the threads because those are not tracks made from scratch, also AC forum is Kunos forum and they do not want to be associated with conversion from other game content, it is easy to understand why.
RD will lock the thread if the owners of the track ask them too, so far, beside some zealots that should know better, no one has complained that their work has been misused, so there is no reason that we cannot enjoy those.

I saw in the thread for Nardo, the original creator chimed in and said that he was gonna make a better version and include the handling circuit too. I completely understand Kunos and Race Departments stand on conversions.

Even though I enjoy these conversion tracks, they still feel like "meh" imo. We really need those lazer scan track. :lol:

I wonder... Can you convert tracks from GT6? :D Or do they have too much details to be converted?

There is a very Alpha version of the Nordschleife available on the Assetto Corsa forum, still very much WIP but it is driveable and fun.

Edit: Snoopy Nordschleife version 0.5.0 is amazing, the usual warning about having difficulty going back to other SIM version of this fantastic track after trying this one are more than ever in effect. :sly:

Last edited:
There is a very Alpha version of the Nordschleife available on the Assetto Corsa forum, still very much WIP but it is driveable and fun.
I don't get why someone would go trough that hassle when there will be an official, laser scanned version available that will render it useless...

Jav
I don't get why someone would go trough that hassle when there will be an official, laser scanned version available that will render it useless...

That is the beauty of having a choice, some like to have the opportunity to use the mod while they are waiting for the official release and other prefer to wait for the official release not using the available mod.
I am OK with having a choice, what a wonderfull world.

In addition to track mods there are a few very useful texture and weather mods.

SweetFX Shader Suite is an image tweaking / post processing software developed by the folks over at Guru 3D. It can be used for many games.

Alex72 on the AC forums made a preset for AC that will surprise you when you use it first time. Just install it, fire up AC and start a race. Notice anything different? No? Well, press Scroll Lock to turn the effect off and I promise that you will. :) It's pretty amazing how blurry vanilla AC was and how your eyes got used to it. SweetFX will steal about 10% of your fps though.
Here is the thread: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...r-ac-for-win-7-dx11-full-program-preset.6104/

Combine SweetFX with Alexandre's "Better sky and cloud colors" and you will have a crisp looking game with a nice blue sky.
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/better-sky-and-clouds-color.8146/.

You can of course mess with the two files in Alexandre's mod yourself. Just edit the values in colorCurves.ini and weather1.ini. Note: He just edited CUTOFF=0.4 in weather1.ini (default 0.6) for a slight change of cloud color. It is not advisable to drastically increase the number of clouds. AC will drag your fps through mud and slap you in the face with it.

Hi guys I need a little help with getting these tracks to work.

OK so I download the file, un-RAR file and then I put it here E:\Program Files (x86)\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks

I don't know if that's right since I didn't find any instal instructions but the tracks don't appear with the standard tracks for time attack or hotlap (only 2 modes I tried)

EDIT: never mind the tracks were in a folder if you know what I mean so moved em out of the folder and it works now.

You had to expect at some point there would be an issue with current mods, as the game isn't finished. You cant expect Kunos to release their updates according to how they conflict with mods people may or may not of installed.

You had to expect at some point there would be an issue with current mods, as the game isn't finished. You cant expect Kunos to release their updates according to how they conflict with mods people may or may not of installed.

All true. Expressing disappointment that the tracks don't currently load does not imply expectations of any sort.

Here's the fix from the Dev's:

Aristotelis said:
just out of curiosity, check the AC intallation folder/system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini for the following line
WARNINGS_AS_ERRORS=1

try changing it in 0 or 1 can't remember. Maybe we changed it by error
Change it to 0. (it works for modded cars, so it should for tracks as well)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back