Assetto corsa please give me your reviews

United States
Brookyln
i would like some new reviews and opinions on if assetto corsa is worth getting on Xbox and why. I am just getting into sim racers and using the controller I am fine with doing so. (I tried the wheel and it hurt my back so have to stick with controller) I was a fan of forza Motorsport for years and years. But when I recently played a demo of project cars 2 I was blown away but how much more fun the realism was. The sounds the tires. The handling the challenge to play but still have fun. The car selection in project cars I like more. So I got project cars 2 and I’m enjoying it a lot. I will probably never buy forza Motorsport again as long as project cars and maybe assetto corsa are out for Xbox.

So with assetto corsa on sale on Xbox is it worth getting and why? What’s better or different hen project cars 2. Is it worth having two sims and why? I also heard that assetto corsa is releasing a new game on pc this summer. I’m hoping it’s also coming to Xbox later in the year no news has been mentioned but I assume they would. The Ferrari pack in assetto corsa is interesting but not necessarily a must buy but it is a nice set of old and new cars. So should i wait and skip assetto corsa for now or get this old game on Xbox and the sale. Is it needed or just keep enjoying project cars 2 don’t need assetto corsa.

Why to get it and why not why both maybe.

Thanks. I hope to get opinions soon since the sale ends Tuesday on Xbox and if it’s worth it. And why if you own project cars 2.

Yes, it is about time we have a new thread like this, as those questions have never been discussed in other thread before.
Stay clear of :
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-vs-pcars-2-vs-gts-physics-ffb.358834/
and
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-coming-to-ps4-and-xbox-one.329736/
and
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.236693/page-334#post-12278236

those questions have never been addressed in there.
I really hope you can take advantage of that sale.:cheers:

If you had a wheel I would have had no problem at all describing to you why you should purchase Assetto Corsa as of right now. Or the easy justification for having more than one sim when you had already paid out for a wheel. I would also be able to tell you why no-one "needs" any of the DLC's for A.C but why you would so very "want" all of them anyway.

Since you don't have the means to experience just why A.C is the sim by which all others are measured on console I'd say you were better off sticking to PC2 quite honestly.

Kunos new game will initially be for PC only and if it comes to console at all, won't be for some time (years) yet. Just saying.

Omg please explain your differences and opinion. From what you wrote just about not writing because I don’t have a wheel makes me want to buy the game and dlc. It’s on sale for like 17 dollars digital. Plus I got the season pass like a year ago when it was on sale so would only have to buy the Ferrari 70th car pack and I think one other dlc pack maybe two making the game possibly less then the ultimate edition when it release. So please tell me why it’s good and why it’s needed if I have project cars 2. I would like the opinions to help decide if it’s a good purchase or just wait. I do think the new assetto corsa game is out for Xbox soon after the pc like maybe 3-6 months so not that bad.

I don't have PC2, but the direction of the wind tells me that PC2 has more features and more to do, while AC is a lesser game but with superior physics and feedback.

So the trade off is up to you, it depends how much physics matter to you over the amount of races you could have.

I personally play AC mostly with a PS3 controller and love it, but you may have to spend a little time adjusting the controller settings to suit you.

Can't help with controller settings, but did you pick up AC?
I could leave a fairly in depth positive opinion here but if you already have it then you already know.

So what’s the best controller setting for Xbox for assetto corsa. To many to chose from. Any recommendations
PS_Messages_20180124_160930.jpg

Can't help with controller settings, but did you pick up AC?
I could leave a fairly in depth positive opinion here but if you already have it then you already know.
I would like a review. I’m still thinking about it. I have project cars 2 and enjoy it. I’m not sure I need assetto corsa ultimate edition. But it’s a maybe. I will never play forza Motorsport that’s for sure.

If you don't have a wheel, don't bother.
If you want clean racing, don't bother.
If you'd like a bug-free experience, you're not getting it.

PC version is superior and will be updated more frequently and longer. I am very sorry the publisher just do not care about console port one bit.

I'd rather play Gravel, which is actually fun and a great fit for console, turning off tcs and abs and the aids it's a great driving experience on the controller, actually feels like if gran turismo offroad physics were actually done right. Download the demo it's great.

On console, AC is nothing more than a glorified hot lapper, & there is very little else to do on it. There is also a really horrible problem with the G29 wheel implementation on the console version where the wheel feels light, dead, & is non linear around the centre (not compared the PC version yet). There are also problems with not being able to feel oversteer very well & being able to catch slides. The sounds are hit & miss, & nowhere near Project CARS 1 or 2. The physics feel good, but the Elises handle very wrong with no rotation/lift off over steer & too much understeer (which brings into question the rest of the physics).

I bought it to have a drive on the Nord Tourist version, & it fulfilled my need. As a game though, it is severely lacking. I cannot recommend the console version at all, unless you got it in a sale for under a tenner, & would advise anyone who is interested to get the PC version which is the full version of the game (so many features didn't make it over to the consoles when it was ported). You also have a ton of mods available on PC which makes the game more than what it is.

I rate the console version 1 star out of 5 as a game, but 3 stars out of 5 as a simulator.

PC version is superior and will be updated more frequently and longer. I am very sorry the publisher just do not care about console port one bit.

I'd rather play Gravel, which is actually fun and a great fit for console, turning off tcs and abs and the aids it's a great driving experience on the controller, actually feels like if gran turismo offroad physics were actually done right. Download the demo it's great.
Grid is ok and fun at times.

Gravel =/= Grid

They are two different games ;)

@VBR It's a shame the console port was just terrible in some key areas. I'd blame the publisher for it. I'm keen to see how ACC will handle console though, no purchase from me but for the sake of others and the genre, I hope they've learned something.

I use FFB Clip App on PC, its a godsend with dynamic mode on my G27. I have the normal settings turned all the way down, gain at about 89% and Half FFB update rate checked(without it my game has stuttering). A few laps in and it's much better ffb feeling.

Last edited:
No problems. Do you have any other questions?

If you've got the handling down on PCARS2 there's like no reason to get AC on console...the game is just that good.

Thanks. I still
Haven’t gotten assetto corsa but still want to maybe just haven’t. Still play forza 7 the most and soon f1 2018. But maybe i will skip it. I will wait for assetto corsa competition if it comes to Xbox and also I’m excited for gtr3 coming to Xbox and the possibility of it showcasing world endurance racing. Having played project cars 2 and i know i don’t use a wheel but that game just isn’t fun vs forza 7 and even the videos I see of assetto corsa seems better then project cars 2 in my opinion. Your opinion is good to.

Last edited:
PCARS2 lacks a unlocking career. Is that the problem? What you mean not fun? I find both sims are enjoyable in certain aspects.

I just find something odd about it I don’t like. Maybe I’m to used to forza I can’t get into project cars 2. I don’t know. It’s just not for me.

Pretty much describes every racing game out there. :lol:

I just find something odd about it I don’t like. Maybe I’m to used to forza I can’t get into project cars 2. I don’t know. It’s just not for me.

If you can't get into PCars2 you probably won't like AC since there's not really anything worthwhile to do in AC other than take a car to a track and drive around and maybe do some quick races. The "career mode" is pretty useless so if you're mainly an offline racer I think you'd get bored with it rather quickly. Then again, if it's cheap it's probably worth it just to drive all the cars around the Nords like your own personal track day.

Pretty much describes every racing game out there. :lol:

What? Hell. No.

Arcade racers...are better...without...wheels... thankfully the bugs in some of those arcade racers, if they even have bugs, are far far less irritating than anything in the simulation racers. This is quite the revelation for me too. But it makes sense. "older", only a few years old, Arcade racers require less realism and can deliver an experience as fun and engaging as possible without needing to pander to certain features or agendas. Arcade brings the imaginary to life.

@305Michael305

Yeah If you really, somehow found nothing fun in PCARS2, I don't think you'll enjoy AC all that much either, especially not the console version anyway.

Their both pretty much hotlap simulators with dash of online. Though I gotta say PCARS2 has the better tracklist, carlist(leagues better car list), actually has a good weather system and online and actually has a working penalty system that's actually solid. AC has nothing here.

Forza and GT games are like JRPGs, they are car collecting games first and foremost. PCARS & AC are the opposite, they are simulation games foremost. In the latter you get all the cars unlocked and you just enjoy the driving

Sounds like you'd prefer GT Sport. It's got car collecting, liverys, photoshooting, and a career mode thats a little better. Though of course, being GT, it's got physics that need updating to get near sim level, but could be fun to most casuals. Personally I enjoy forza physics and overall vastly more than GTSport which is a bit too stale for me. but some online racing in sport can be potentially better than forza. You really need to let us know what it is you look for in your games. Casual fun? Forza/ horizon is the best for that. There is no competition NFS payback....just isn't upto scratch in physics...it's laughable sadly

Maybe you can pickup Driveclub. That's a very solid racer, car collecting aspect its all there, great arcade physics, alll euro cars hardly any Japanese/us, great tracks, nice weather effects, driving feel that translates the feeling of difficulty to you controller well while making it quite believeable and fun to race. Two car physics-handling types. Standard and hardcore. Personally hardcore is too hardcore for me :lol: And I'd never thought it'd be that realistic. Gorgeous graphics and atomosphere/ sound is top notch. but little in visual car customisation but that seems to work really well for the game, I think nfs style customisation in this type of game is almost unnessecary. Has a fun online mode great for consistently casual racing.

Other racers...I'm gonna get Wipeout Omega collection..I have to have it.

Last edited:
I love forza then I like f1 2018. And wrc7 games. But I like watching world endurance racing and f1 and Indy so those cars I like the most racing. Which is why I’m excited for assetto corsa competition and gtr3

What? Hell. No.

Arcade racers...are better...without...wheels... thankfully the bugs in some of those arcade racers, if they even have bugs, are far far less irritating than anything in the simulation racers. This is quite the revelation for me too. But it makes sense. "older", only a few years old, Arcade racers require less realism and can deliver an experience as fun and engaging as possible without needing to pander to certain features or agendas. Arcade brings the imaginary to life.

I...wasn't...talking....about. arcade. racers. Those don't even enter my brain when discussing racing games, sorry.

VBR
On console, AC is nothing more than a glorified hot lapper, & there is very little else to do on it. There is also a really horrible problem with the G29 wheel implementation on the console version where the wheel feels light, dead, & is non linear around the centre (not compared the PC version yet). There are also problems with not being able to feel oversteer very well & being able to catch slides. The sounds are hit & miss, & nowhere near Project CARS 1 or 2. The physics feel good, but the Elises handle very wrong with no rotation/lift off over steer & too much understeer (which brings into question the rest of the physics).

I bought it to have a drive on the Nord Tourist version, & it fulfilled my need. As a game though, it is severely lacking. I cannot recommend the console version at all, unless you got it in a sale for under a tenner, & would advise anyone who is interested to get the PC version which is the full version of the game (so many features didn't make it over to the consoles when it was ported). You also have a ton of mods available on PC which makes the game more than what it is.

I rate the console version 1 star out of 5 as a game, but 3 stars out of 5 as a simulator.

Totally agree. I went out and bought the Ultimate version on release, 60 bucks, and have spent less than 5hrs on it. PC2 however, I've platinumed, and I'm still playing it!

I have Sony PS 2, PS3 and PS4 pro, and every single GRAN TURISMO game for those device. After years of playing just GT I have decided to threat my self with some new driving games. I have bought DRIVE CLUB and ASSETTO CORSA. I must say neither of those are EVEN CLOSE to GT in any level! Steering in AC with dualshock 4 is just TERRIBLE!!!!

Back