Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've used Soft tires on GT3 cars. So, I'm not clued in to which cars tend to chew up the Softs. I probably should find out.

For GT3 cars I usually go for Mediums on a Fast track. That gives good grip when the tyres are warmed up, and the tyres last longer.

What kind of factors in your driving style determine how long the tyres last (in GT3 car with ABS on)? Is it just the slip angle / tyre scrubbing in the corners? I.e. how much wheel turn you apply in relation to how much grip you have? Sorry if I'm wording this awkwardly.

What kind of factors in your driving style determine how long the tyres last (in GT3 car with ABS on)? Is it just the slip angle / tyre scrubbing in the corners? I.e. how much wheel turn you apply in relation to how much grip you have? Sorry if I'm wording this awkwardly.

That's a big part of it, as well as wheel-spin and heavy braking.

I'd dropped the pressures on the mediums as they were running slightly cold during quali then switched to softs and kept the pressures the same. Lethal combo..!
Is that on the Lambo at Paul Ricard? I tried mediums and softs but couldn't keep them cool enough to race with (<90). Used hards same as at Barbagallo.

I guess I'm just easy on my tires, I've never had a problem with any tires overheating in AC as far as I can recall.
I'm curious as to how you can accomplish this. In the Lamborghini Super Trofeo I couldn't keep the mediums or softs below about 95C after 3 or 4 laps.

I'm curious as to how you can accomplish this. In the Lamborghini Super Trofeo I couldn't keep the mediums or softs below about 95C after 3 or 4 laps.

No idea. But to be honest I stopped paying attention to tire temps in AC, I'd just use Sidekick to get the pressures on all four corners dialed in and everything else would just kinda sort itself out. I've seen Aris say this is a pretty good way to approach it, get your pressures sorted and don't worry about temps. But I can't say I've ever really seen 95C tire temps either, most of the time I'm lucky to get them over 80C and plenty of cars I couldn't even get that warm.

Is that on the Lambo at Paul Ricard?
It was. I think I damaged the tarmac with my white-hot tyres.

417e74s-960.jpg

No idea. But to be honest I stopped paying attention to tire temps in AC, I'd just use Sidekick to get the pressures on all four corners dialed in and everything else would just kinda sort itself out. I've seen Aris say this is a pretty good way to approach it, get your pressures sorted and don't worry about temps. But I can't say I've ever really seen 95C tire temps either, most of the time I'm lucky to get them over 80C and plenty of cars I couldn't even get that warm.
This is bizarre to me. I had the softs over 100C easily at Barbagallo in the Huracan and I was butter smooth with little sliding and pretty much no wheelspin since I was using TC and ABS. I was still a half second or more off the pace and running mid-pack so I was nowhere near the limit in terms of the overall possible pace. I ended up running hards to keep the temps under 90C. Once over 90C the tires lose grip pretty quickly.

417e74s-960.jpg
So you were able to run mediums at Paul Ricard and keep them under 90C?

417e74s-960.jpg
I think I can see some slight graining. It's not too bad, but to be safe I would probably pull into the pits the next chance you get. :P

GT3 always seems to be Mediums & Fast surface for me. I haven't run enough laps on Softs to give an opinion. I am shocked that you were able to push Mediums that hard JohnnyP. I know you get ride that razor's edge lap after lap, but I never would have guessed 3 or 4 laps could do it.

I think I can see some slight graining. It's not too bad, but to be safe I would probably pull into the pits the next chance you get. :P

GT3 always seems to be Mediums & Fast surface for me. I haven't run enough laps on Softs to give an opinion. I am shocked that you were able to push Mediums that hard JohnnyP. I know you get ride that razor's edge lap after lap, but I never would have guessed 3 or 4 laps could do it.
I don't think I'm pushing them that hard. I'm not getting sideways much at all but for a tiny bit of slip in turn 3 (left hander) and turn 5 (right hander at the bottom of the course). TC is on so no wheelspin under acceleration. I've checked a couple of times in the pits and everyone else seems to be on hards and mediums, at least at Barbagallo, and no one on softs. I'll have to pay more attention next time to see what everyone else is using.

I don't think I'm pushing them that hard. I'm not getting sideways much at all but for a tiny bit of slip in turn 3 (left hander) and turn 5 (right hander at the bottom of the course). TC is on so no wheelspin under acceleration. I've checked a couple of times in the pits and everyone else seems to be on hards and mediums, at least at Barbagallo, and no one on softs. I'll have to pay more attention next time to see what everyone else is using.
Ahh...I was about to ask which track, so I could go experiment. Of course, it just had to be a track that I never drive. :lol: Ambient Temperature and all that stuff was set to normal, typical & realistic values, I assume?

Ahh...I was about to ask which track, so I could go experiment. Of course, it just had to be a track that I never drive. :lol: Ambient Temperature and all that stuff was set to normal, typical & realistic values, I assume?
Ambient is set to 26C for practice with optimium grip. I just ran a race at Paul Ricard and basically the same issue. Went with hards because I had the mediums up to 95C within 3 laps. Signed up for and ran the Alfa 155 TI at Barcelona GP and was able to run mediums but was right around 91-92C in the first couple of laps when I was really hammering it. Eased off a half second or so the rest of the way and kept it around 88-90C. I'm talking about the rear outside tire of course, left in both cases. The rest of the tires are fine but if the one doing the most work overheats the loss in grip is dramatic.

Ambient is set to 26C for practice with optimium grip. I just ran a race at Paul Ricard and basically the same issue. Went with hards because I had the mediums up to 95C within 3 laps. Signed up for and ran the Alfa 155 TI at Barcelona GP and was able to run mediums but was right around 91-92C in the first couple of laps when I was really hammering it. Eased off a half second or so the rest of the way and kept it around 88-90C. I'm talking about the rear outside tire of course, left in both cases. The rest of the tires are fine but if the one doing the most work overheats the loss in grip is dramatic.
Good thing you left this response...I had forgotten all about going to run a few laps myself. :dunce: :D

This is bizarre to me. I had the softs over 100C easily at Barbagallo in the Huracan and I was butter smooth with little sliding and pretty much no wheelspin since I was using TC and ABS. I was still a half second or more off the pace and running mid-pack so I was nowhere near the limit in terms of the overall possible pace. I ended up running hards to keep the temps under 90C. Once over 90C the tires lose grip pretty quickly.

I ran some GT3 races last night, 15 minutes with ambient temp of 25ºC and Fast grip. I was able to run on Softs no problem, my left rear got up to 90-95º a few times per lap but would cool down pretty quickly and at the end of the race all my tires were green and in the 80ºs or below. I wasn't paying close attention to them but I never saw them go over 100º and all of us were struggling a bit to get heat in the fronts.

I ran some GT3 races last night, 15 minutes with ambient temp of 25ºC and Fast grip. I was able to run on Softs no problem, my left rear got up to 90-95º a few times per lap but would cool down pretty quickly and at the end of the race all my tires were green and in the 80ºs or below. I wasn't paying close attention to them but I never saw them go over 100º and all of us were struggling a bit to get heat in the fronts.
I had better luck last night in the Huracan at Nurb GP. Was able to run mediums and kept it around 90C. It's possible they had the ambient temps jacked up at Barbagallo I should have checked.

In my latest Assetto Corsa run, I experimented with a different style controller setup with my XBOX 360 controller. I wanted to use the right analog stick for accelerating and braking. The experiment was semi-successful. Problems I experienced were either the throttle or brake seeming stuck, or the steering felt too heavy or too light. I struggled to find a proper setup for this experiment, so I abandoned it and went back to my original XBOX 360 style setup.

Only other thing I experimented was going to a windowed view of Assetto Corsa, but I think my PC goes better with a full screen setup. I even disabled post production effects so that the game doesn't skip as I play. I turned it back on briefly once just to take screenshots if I want to. But really, I'm all gaming with AC and mostly reserve pictures to Content Manager.

Hi racers here!

I'm about to start AC for the first time, wheel is G29, platform PS4.

Should I know something useful, some game and wheel setting or anything else?

I want to do quick set up if needed and then - action!

@zacs, you should be fine from the get go. But don't create a custom profile for the G29 button settings. It will result in your input getting multiplied by 3. This is a bug with AC and the G29. Other than that, full throttle!

Thanks, here are will have my debut, I won't be able to race long:

Update:

It's fantastic!
I did few time trials and what other to say, then great, great driving experience!

First I took Skyline R33 to Brands Hatch Indy, then McLaren 650S GT3 to Spa-Francorchamps, then bravely Huayra BC to Mugello and, after non-successful race at it, Mustang to the Laguna Seca!

Everything is in video ahead, I really had some great time...

Only thing I detected is that left paddle shifter is not recognized every time or at least, has to be pushed stronger then right, up shift one.

This is why I have run out of track at Mugello in first lap/two.

Last edited:
Only thing I detected is that left paddle shifter is not recognized every time or at least, has to be pushed stronger then right, up shift one.

It's probably the downshift protection kicking in, nothing wrong with your equipment as that's how the cars function in real life. Just wait an extra half second or so before downshifting and don't rapid fire through all the gears when downshifting and it should be fine. You'll probably notice it doesn't happen in older cars because they did not have this feature.

Thanks.
I noticed that only with Huayra BC.

Don't know where to ask then here: how to get in some minor PS4 Cups and Leagues?

I want to race with someone...

Anyone knows how to force the AI to use certain tyre compuond on qualifying? If I change it using the Content Manager App they only change its tyres for race.

Thanks, I saw it before but I thought it's only for elite drivers so I asked here - but today asked there also...

When I first time played game, I changed in settings TCS and ABS to factory but also Stability to 0%

Is that good choice?
Today was my second launch of game and until now I have driving Special event with McLaren MP4-12C at Catalunya - I found it that is so easy to spin - good old GTR 2 & rFactor days are back :)

I did mistakes that caused spinning ofc, but are that my settings ok for chasing times in Special events?

I did 1:53.1xx but I can better.
It was end of stressful day and I was even better than I thought I can at the moment ...

Hi Everyone. Have some of the special events become unbalanced due to updates over time? Particularly the races. I was attempting “Mikey Likes It!” Which is a 14 Lotus V6 Cup 5 lap race at Brands and found it impossible. Granted I’m not the best driver but I had found no trouble in any of the time trials (except Ferrari 312 at Nordschleif :banghead:)

Searched up a video and noticed that somebody who was lapping 1s slower every lap managed to gold it with ease.

Back