Assetto Corsa Remains Steam's Most Popular Driving Sim (Unless You Count Trucks and Farming)

RACE 07 still having a few active players on Steam is impressive, especially 12 years on.

Also, because of its age, it's entirely possible that there are even more active players since it most likely sold more on disc than on Steam back in the day.

I do count trucks & farming, therefore, AC is not Steam's most popular driving sim. I am surprised that people like driving trucks & farming more than sim racing though.

AC is on top because it is a pure driving sim. No points needed, crazy helmets and suits, and no goofy colors. It's just racing with every car and track available on day one. It's refreshing to see a game like this so popular. It's #1 in my book because I don't think driving a semi or a tractor is comparable. Plus the fact that it has been around for years and is still on top.

VBR
I am surprised that people like driving trucks & farming more than sim racing though.

I'm not, both of those along with other games in the simulation genre allow you to enjoy gaming without the (occasionally stressful) competition aspect found in most games. There's no pulling your hair out trying to get that .1 second or trying to rank up, it's just a nice drive across Europe or working in a field.

Back