Assetto Corsa & Season Pass Up To 55% Off on PS Store This Week

While I agree this is a great deal, I also find it to be a bit of a mickey take (for the DLC)!

We do not even have our hands on all the selected Season Pass content, and already they have discounted it 🤬

Thanks for the heads up. 👍

Waiting patiently for the private lobbies, but enjoying what the game has to offer offline (when I get the chance).
I'll snap up the bargain season pass while the offer's on the table. :)

I'm guessing this is exclusive to the US Playstation store, can't see anything on the UK version of the website.

Edit: I don't really like the game with all it's problems but for the right price the season pass could tempt me.

Game and season pass is full price in the UK PSN store (£39.99/£24.99). Might be worth changing the title to 'on US PSN store' or suchlike. Hope the deal comes here too.

Oh yeah, Need For Speed is also heavily discounted this week. But we wouldn’t recommend it.
:lol: It's a good game for making cool liveries and then taking photos of them though. But I guess it's not a game to recommend, I haven't played it in months :P

With this offer, I would seriously be tempted to convert from Disc to Digital though, changing disc is just such a chore :sly:

never got any DLC, it actually has a negative effect, its not about can or cannot afford, its about the fact that AC already has like smallest amount of cars, gameplay is empty with nothing to do, no tuning, paying another pack of money for some "copy-paste" models is just ridiculous! I admit, AC driving physics is very good, I like Nurburgring and other laser scanned tracks, but I really hope that racing games provide us with more content without asking for more money, games already cost enough money, not to mention steering wheels!

hope that The King will be back soon on PS4 and show everybody what real free support is.. meanwhile Im concerned that due to small amount of cars in GTS, PD might go similar path with DLC, really hope they will update the game and give free content just to sell it to make new records, will see, what path they will choose... cheap money wh**e give me 2 more dollars, or Im giving you tons of content with updates and everybody will buy it, love it and play it.... hate or love.. every developer chooses that... Rainbow Six Siege good example how to bring love with free updates and DLC, just look how the game has evolved and fans love it :)

for some "copy-paste" models

CHZfvp3.gif

paying another pack of money for some "copy-paste" models is just ridiculous!

:lol: Yeah, I'm sure they spent all that time at the Porsche factory pouring over the mountains of data sheets and measuring/photographing the real cars just so they could do a quick copy/paste job of the Abarth 500 physics with Porsche bodies. :lol:

hope that The King will be back soon on PS4 and show everybody what real free support is..

Yeah, the "King" had paid DLC in GT5. In GT6 they gave away rubbish fantasy cars as free DLC, which was not exactly popular with all players.

I agree that paid DLC creates a fracture in the online racing community, but it's a necessary evil if the studios want to continue generating income.

never got any DLC, it actually has a negative effect, its not about can or cannot afford, its about the fact that AC already has like smallest amount of cars, gameplay is empty with nothing to do, no tuning, paying another pack of money for some "copy-paste" models is just ridiculous! I admit, AC driving physics is very good, I like Nurburgring and other laser scanned tracks, but I really hope that racing games provide us with more content without asking for more money, games already cost enough money, not to mention steering wheels!

hope that The King will be back soon on PS4 and show everybody what real free support is.. meanwhile Im concerned that due to small amount of cars in GTS, PD might go similar path with DLC, really hope they will update the game and give free content just to sell it to make new records, will see, what path they will choose... cheap money wh**e give me 2 more dollars, or Im giving you tons of content with updates and everybody will buy it, love it and play it.... hate or love.. every developer chooses that... Rainbow Six Siege good example how to bring love with free updates and DLC, just look how the game has evolved and fans love it :)
This post is quite hilarious, when you say king i take it you're talking about Forza motorsport? Which wont be on ps4. You surely cant be talking about GT because that has been the joker for the last decade. Now on to your copy paste comment and hoping the king shows what real free support. All of their free support was promotional, or gt vision ( more promotional content ). We had DLC for GT5 which cost £10 and guess what, it was copy+paste crap, remember that? £10 for RMs.

EDIT: Oh almost forgot, they were also charging for once only use paint chips lol.

Last edited:
Part of the push for this I think is the amount of US players is low and they are trying to drive more US adoption.

Yeah, for some reason Muricans don't seem to get into sim racing as much as Europeans, for the most part. Servers are usually the fullest during European evening times and start to drop off during Murican evening times. Not just in AC either, seems to be like that with most racing sims.

Article updated to represent the specific regions. 👍

Yeah, for some reason Muricans don't seem to get into sim racing as much as Europeans, for the most part. Servers are usually the fullest during European evening times and start to drop off during Murican evening times. Not just in AC either, seems to be like that with most racing sims.

I think it may have something to do with GT's continued absence. Sure, it's not the tip of the simulation pyramid, but it's given the PlayStation the reputation as the sim-racer's choice for generations now (deserved or not).

Currently, the only big racing exclusive Sony has is (was) Driveclub. Every other title available for it is a cross-platform, while the XB1 has two Forzas to its name now (and two arcade-oriented ones).

Article updated to represent the specific regions. 👍

I think it may have something to do with GT's continued absence. Sure, it's not the tip of the simulation pyramid, but it's given the PlayStation the reputation as the sim-racer's choice for generations now (deserved or not).

Currently, the only big racing exclusive Sony has is (was) Driveclub. Every other title available for it is a cross-platform, while the XB1 has two Forzas to its name now (and two arcade-oriented ones).
I'm still staggered Sony have let this be the case, it was bad enough during the PS3 era but to let it be repeated is crazy.

It's the same with all the PC sims though. Even at RaceDepartment it's usually the Euro races that have big crowds while the North American races can sometimes struggle to get a decent grid together. I've always just presumed it's partly because Europe has a such a rich history of motorsports and it seems to be more a part of their culture than over here. Motorsports here is a dying breed, even NASCAR has been struggling to fill seats the last couple years while the likes of IndyCar and IMSA are lucky to get 5,000-10,000 at any given race. I'm not sure this trend will change any time soon unfortunately. Of the people I know very few are into motorsports and the ones who do like it are casual fans at best. That's not to say there aren't racing fans here, they're just getting to be few and far between (at least in my neck of the woods).

What I find interesting is how Americans or what I remember could/can fully sellout for Supercross/Motocross events.

So why is car racing not doing it for them over there these days?

What I find interesting is how Americans or what I remember could/can fully sellout for Supercross/Motocross events.

I know! Motocross events are packed with tens of thousands of people, so are the Monster Jam monster truck events. But an IndyCar oval race is lucky to put 5,000 butts in the seats. Strange. I guess people just don't want to spend an afternoon sitting on hot bleachers in the hot sun watching cars go in circles. Motocross/Monster trucks are often in large stadiums with comfortable seats and a view of the entire course, and they usually run at night when it's cooler or they're indoors, and due to the format of those events you have a lot of chances to get up and walk around during the multiple breaks in the action.

Don't worry: the King is coming to save us all.
The "King" or the "Jester":D

Well there is 390 million people. They have NBA,NFL,NHL,MLB, and numerous motor sports. Bang for your buck. Most Americans/Canadians want fast paced action with contact etc. Kinda why soccer/football never took off here. Only so much of watching a guy get touched and look like a sniper shot him from the stands.

Last edited by a moderator:
May be the Porsche DLC's aren’t selling as much as they expected. AC, as a matter of fact, has no serious competition on PS4, only problem for GT5/6 people used to race offline, which is most of users, is their aggressive AI, difficulty levels, and no dynamic driving line.
The game itself, on console, has acquired a fame of being too difficult. Pro’s ++ kind of thing. I guess Dirt Rally pretty much fell in the same trap with people choosing Sebastien Loeb’s EVO because of it’s more friendly approach.
As I know very few people is progressing thru the AC career mode.

Thanks for the post. Bought myself a months PS+ subscription then got the rest for $36...

The game was a bit take it or leave for me it but those Porsches have certainly swayed my decision. I don't think I've driven one since Forza 3 and their cars are just frankly epic being a big fan of Le Mans.

May be the Porsche DLC's aren’t selling as much as they expected. AC, as a matter of fact, has no serious competition on PS4, only problem for GT5/6 people used to race offline, which is most of users, is their aggressive AI, difficulty levels, and no dynamic driving line.
The game itself, on console, has acquired a fame of being too difficult. Pro’s ++ kind of thing. I guess Dirt Rally pretty much fell in the same trap with people choosing Sebastien Loeb’s EVO because of it’s more friendly approach.
As I know very few people is progressing thru the AC career mode.
To difficult? Turn it down! I'm pretty sure some PCARS people have an opinion about no competition.

I know! Motocross events are packed with tens of thousands of people, so are the Monster Jam monster truck events. But an IndyCar oval race is lucky to put 5,000 butts in the seats. Strange. I guess people just don't want to spend an afternoon sitting on hot bleachers in the hot sun watching cars go in circles. Motocross/Monster trucks are often in large stadiums with comfortable seats and a view of the entire course, and they usually run at night when it's cooler or they're indoors, and due to the format of those events you have a lot of chances to get up and walk around during the multiple breaks in the action.

The "King" or the "Jester":D

Well there is 390 million people. They have NBA,NFL,NHL,MLB, and numerous motor sports. Bang for your buck. Most Americans/Canadians want fast paced action with contact etc. Kinda why soccer/football never took off here. Only so much of watching a guy get touched and look like a sniper shot him from the stands.

Supercross/Motocross is a fantastic sport just a shame it is so damn expensive for parts. Loved doing it myself. Plus as anything you need a butt load of money to get you up there.

Oh! :D America has the best tracks.

I got a sealed copy on eBay for best offer of 27.95usd. Amazon is paying 20.28usd for used copies, so I figure if I don't like it, it's only an $8 risk. One cannot sell their digital copy.

Wow! If I would of waited two more days, I could of saved 10 damn dollars

Same here - purchased season pass full price on 12/1. Contacted PSN using chat and asked for sale price and they sent me 3 voucher codes worth $18. (Plus member pricing).

Used the credit to buy Assetto Corsa download version then traded my disc version in at GameStop for $15.

It's cheaper if your a PS Plus subscriber too!
Basically $41 for game and Season Pass in Canadian dollars. You would be crazy not to pick it up for that price!:):cheers:

Wow they have really made this tempting. Thanks for pointing it out. :cheers:

Latest Posts

Back