AC Time Attack Challenge 2.0 - see post #590 for a link to a Boxing Day event with the Alfa GTA

Spa with a GT-class machine...

My reaction:

I've done so many laps in various cars, it's not even funny, this should be enjoyable.

Hope he doesn't spend a lot of time there before coming back to this thread and realizing he's on the wrong track
smiley-laughing004.gif

Ran until I got under 2min, which was about 10 laps total. Sent Steam FR's to @Johnnypenso and @Punknoodle, anyone else feel free to add me: GTP_Gravitron

Fun combo, a bit more approachable than week 1. Looks like Schumacher is flat-out and the final chicane can certainly be bulldozed properly. :scared:

1:59.899

Attachments

• 2015-10-26_00002.jpg
    2015-10-26_00002.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 22
I quit without saving the replay:( Hopefully I can do another lap tmrw night and get close to or better than that time and upload it then. I do have the tune though and I did set this lap on the second time around, although it will run out of fuel right after the start finish line on the second lap. It doesn't feel perfect, still feels like understeering on exit a bit and mid-corner.
2015-10-26_00004.jpg

Attachments

• NurbGP ACTA exp 157.585.zip
    550 bytes · Views: 27
Hope he doesn't spend a lot of time there before coming back to this thread and realizing he's on the wrong track
smiley-laughing004.gif

:lol: I didn't even realize he said Spa. I just watched the video.

If he gets a time similar to us at Spa though he wins!

I....may have made a mistake. :lol:

Post-excitement from running there yesterday comparing F1 car mods. :boggled:

No worries though, I won't have time until tomorrow anyways, no time wasted here. :rolleyes:

After missing last week, this week I started from Monday with the hope that I’ll be able to make a time worth posting till Sunday. After a dozen laps I’m around the 2:02 mark with the SSS tires. Need to plug that wheel more often if I want to have any chance against you guys…

After missing last week, this week I started from Monday with the hope that I’ll be able to make a time worth posting till Sunday. After a dozen laps I’m around the 2:02 mark with the SSS tires. Need to plug that wheel more often if I want to have any chance against you guys…
I'm running the same time as you...It is going to take a LOT of practice for me to get down to 2:00, if I even can.

Nurburgring%201_59_912_zpsm3po8a0l.jpg

I'm going to come back to this for sure as my ideal lap is roughly half a second quicker but I keep stuffing it up here or there and I've had enough tonight. Wasn't going to stop until I cracked the 2 min barrier though.

@Johnnypenso I found your tune to be REALLY understeery, I just couldn't get it turned in. I'm now running default setup, with the gearing from your setup, super soft slicks and 6L of fuel. Again, no TC or ABS. Second lap is definitely quicker than the first with that setup.

I wasn't really looking forward this round as I am not really into the GT or supercars in AC, but then I went to the showroom to look at the car and see it uses a formula style rim. 💡 Hey I have one of those that has only been on my wheel base 3 times. Bought it for the McLaren in Iracing, but cant stand driving it, so maybe I can get some use out of my formula rim after all. :cheers:

I wasn't really looking forward this round as I am not really into the GT or supercars in AC, but then I went to the showroom to look at the car and see it uses a formula style rim. 💡 Hey I have one of those that has only been on my wheel base 3 times. Bought it for the McLaren in Iracing, but cant stand driving it, so maybe I can get some use out of my formula rim after all. :cheers:
Maybe that's where I'm going wrong, I've been using the BMW rim lol. Maybe next session I'll go with the Formula rim ;)

I'm going to come back to this for sure as my ideal lap is roughly half a second quicker but I keep stuffing it up here or there and I've had enough tonight. Wasn't going to stop until I cracked the 2 min barrier though.

@Johnnypenso I found your tune to be REALLY understeery, I just couldn't get it turned in. I'm now running default setup, with the gearing from your setup, super soft slicks and 6L of fuel. Again, no TC or ABS. Second lap is definitely quicker than the first with that setup.
I think I turned up the LSD Decel a bit too high. Turning it down a notch or two will probably help with the entry understeer. I found it hooking up really well mid-corner though which was helping me get onto the throttle early. Too bad corners have entries otherwise it would be great:lol:

c7r_ringgp.png

Super annoyed as I just could not put a lap together and I have no idea why... but for the sake of getting a time on the board...

View attachment 469289

Super annoyed as I just could not put a lap together and I have no idea why... but for the sake of getting a time on the board...
Takes me a while to get used to the high grip cars since I spend most of my time in AC in street cars on street tires. There's so much grip here it's easy to underestimate how quickly you can corner and how hard you can stomp on the brakes, even without ABS. Still you have to be smooth to get good lap times. I was pushing and pushing and stuck in the 58's, started braking slightly sooner, my cornering started to smooth out and I dropped a second in just a few laps.

Takes me a while to get used to the high grip cars since I spend most of my time in AC in street cars on street tires. There's so much grip here it's easy to underestimate how quickly you can corner and how hard you can stomp on the brakes, even without ABS. Still you have to be smooth to get good lap times. I was pushing and pushing and stuck in the 58's, started braking slightly sooner, my cornering started to smooth out and I dropped a second in just a few laps.

Strangest thing is, thanks to my youtubing I am used to the high grip cars (not that I drive them that fast). But you're probably right lol
If I get a chance to try again I may put 10-20 laps in :P

1:57.099. Setup is attached below. I used @Johnnypenso's setup and modified it a little bit. I can also upload my replay, but I want to give it another go first as I feel I might break into the '56s. The combo is a lot of fun, the first few laps were a little bit difficult but I think I got the hang of it now.

5hLI2ab.jpg

Attachments

• NurbGP ACTA RP_EDIT.zip
    537 bytes · Views: 29
I may have to give some of those provided setups a try, this is slow... :indiff:
2015-10-27_00001.jpg

Takes me a while to get used to the high grip cars since I spend most of my time in AC in street cars on street tires.

For me, lately at least in a competitive sense, It takes awhile to adjust because I spend a lot of my AC-time in lightweight open-wheelers, so going to something heavier and less aero-dependent is a bit challenging. Street cars are just fun hoon-machines for when I want to be Chris Harris and enjoy myself & a drive. :lol:

Back