Assetto Corsa Tools, Tips, and TricksPC 

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 164 comments
My situation is very very unique, please watch this.

I am in a real Porsche cockpit, I cannot see the menus from inside the cockpit, I need to start the race and then run to gt into the cockpit, then get out of the cockpit every time I end a race. I need to be able to assign those mouse clicks to a button in the roccat virtual button box. I've been pulling my hair out for a year trying to find an answer. there has to be a way to find out what command is happening when we hover over the buttons and click.

My screen is 18 feet in diameter and the menus are literally 230 degree to my right so I cannot see anything from inside the cockpit as its one seemless screen using multiple projectors. Its ultra realistic but from a UI standpoint its a nightmare of biblical proportions. Please help!

Not sure there's any option for that. Maybe put a wireless mouse in the passenger seat so you can grab it quickly when you need it?

That's my dream racing setup by the way, that takes the "V" out of "VR". 👍

thanks man, but the point is I cannot see the menu options from inside the cockpit, I have to get out to see them lol. I already have a wireless mouse/keyboard combo.

I need to be able to find out what command is being run when that mouse hovers and clicks. There has to be a way. Once I find that out I can just write a script to a button on the box.

The menu doesn't pop up right in front of the windscreen? My menu is always on the center screen so I guess I presumed it would be right in front of you.

If you ask about the mouse commands on the official forum someone there might know. I'd guess it isn't something super simple but it sounds like you probably have the skills to sort it out if you can find the commands.

The main menu pops up in front but the start race button is literally 230 degrees to the left and the apps are 230 degrees to the right, way out of my FOV, then the end race buttons are way off up towards the top of the projected image which is also outside the cockpit.

right now its a two man operation, for this to be viable I need to be able to condense all these commands into a tablet mounted in the dashboard that will come with everyone of these cockpits. That way the user just has to press a single button and the PC powers on, the sim launches, the motion profile is loaded and then he can select his car and track.

I have everything else taken care of except the damn in game menus, its throwing a monkey wrench in this entire process.

I asked on the official forums but I get nada. Was hoping there were some autohotkey gurus here.

I did notice using a tool I found online that the mouse click references "assettocorsa.exe" followed by something that looks like code "cls='HwndWrapper*'"

I can't think of anything off the top of my head but let me do some digging and I'll see what I can find.

Wiz
I can't think of anything off the top of my head but let me do some digging and I'll see what I can find.

THANK YOU X 100000000000000000000000000INFINITY

EDIT: I found a little something is the post above yours, hopes that helps a little.

Pop a mirror and use another mirror to invert the picture back, kinda like how those old submarine spy periscopes work :lol:

Seriously nice setup, shame there's so much difficulty to do something so simple.

Found out yesterday from AHK gurus that AHK will indeed do what I need but its beyond my skill level. Is there any AHK users here willing to help? I will pay you for your time. Thanks

@Mayaman: Could you explain exactly what you want to do (not sure I understood)? Do you simply need a script that moves the pointer to a location and then clicks the mouse button? If so I would suggest maybe using VoiceAttack: https://voiceattack.com/. That way you can just say your command (using a mic) and have it execute a script. I use it in several games. Terrific tool!

EDIT: Otherwise, if you want to use Autohotkey, I can possibly dig out a script for you (if it's within my area of competence :)). And forget about payment. I already have some scripts that move the pointer and clicks.

Last edited:
@Mayaman: Could you explain exactly what you want to do (not sure I understood)? Do you simply need a script that moves the pointer to a location and then clicks the mouse button? If so I would suggest maybe using VoiceAttack: https://voiceattack.com/. That way you can just say your command (using a mic) and have it execute a script. I use it in several games. Terrific tool!

EDIT: Otherwise, if you want to use Autohotkey, I can possibly dig out a script for you (if it's within my area of competence :)). And forget about payment. I already have some scripts that move the pointer and clicks.

Yes exactly, only it is very noisy where I have this simulator and the room is usually full of people who an autohotkey script I could then link to roccat running on a table would be supreme! Thank you so much. Apologies for my delay, I was in the *****ing hospital again because of the diabetes. Bah!

So basically, since i'm in the cockpit, not only can I not see the on screen menus because of the A Pillar, B pillar and roof, the other menu items are completely out of my FOV. I need to be able to assign START, EXIT, select car, select track, basically navigate the beginning and end race stuff with a button press on roccat on a tablet. That way I don't have to contort like a Yoga master just to start or end a race. Hope that makes sense. :)

Last edited:
Yes exactly, only it is very noisy where I have this simulator and the room is usually full of people who an autohotkey script I could then link to roccat running on a table would be supreme! Thank you so much. Apologies for my delay, I was in the *****ing hospital again because of the diabetes. Bah!

So basically, since i'm in the cockpit, not only can I not see the on screen menus because of the A Pillar, B pillar and roof, the other menu items are completely out of my FOV. I need to be able to assign START, EXIT, select car, select track, basically navigate the beginning and end race stuff with a button press on roccat on a tablet. That way I don't have to contort like a Yoga master just to start or end a race. Hope that makes sense. :)

Possible idea, maybe mount a small camera outside the car and have it feeding to a screen inside the cockpit so you can see the menu options?

I just downloaded and installed Roccat Power-Grid. That thing is awesome! It's impressively fast too. I made a button just for testing that executes an AutoHotkey script that does nothing else than just display a message box saying "Hi there". It is displayed INSTANTLY when I press the button on my phone. My imagination is going completely off the charts now, thinking of all the things this can be used for. What a fantastic tool!

Back