Assetto Corsa Tools, Tips, and TricksPC 

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 164 comments
Another thing that helped me also, is not to think too much while driving. By all means analyse your performance and visualize the perfect line BEFORE driving, but once you're on track just go with the flow and find your rhythm. If you think "I have to brake at this perfect spot here", by the time you finish thinking, you will have gone past the perfect braking spot and overshoot. You'll just get more and more nervous because you're not doing things perfectly, and it goes downhill from there.

Some of my fastest laps have been done when I'm dozing off and running off muscle memory. I would be thinking some random things and take a look at the PB time and HOLY CRAP where did that laptime come from :eek::lol:

Another thing that helped me also, is not to think too much while driving. By all means analyse your performance and visualize the perfect line BEFORE driving, but once you're on track just go with the flow and find your rhythm. If you think "I have to brake at this perfect spot here", by the time you finish thinking, you will have gone past the perfect braking spot and overshoot. You'll just get more and more nervous because you're not doing things perfectly, and it goes downhill from there.

Some of my fastest laps have been done when I'm dozing off and running off muscle memory. I would be thinking some random things and take a look at the PB time and HOLY CRAP where did that laptime come from :eek::lol:
Can't agree more with this and this is one of the things about AC that is hard to describe until you actually start playing. I had the same issue when I first started playing 18 months ago, I was thinking too much about what to do and when to do it and it took about 2 weeks for me to really start getting the hang of it. That happened when I started to drive more intuitively, reacting to the wonderful FFB, audio and visual information the game was giving me. As soon as I did that my consistency and pace improved dramatically and the game became exponentially more enjoyable.

That's why you're often a bit better after 1-2 beers, the slight buzz keeps you from over-thinking things and your body just does what it needs to do. Of course usually after 3 beers this effect disappears and other less desirable (but often hilarious) effects start to appear. :sly:

Completely agree with the over thinking statement. Much like the England Football/Soccer team, I'm often great in the first half and fall apart in the second half because I start to over think/analyze everything. I find my best performances come from when I enter a trance/auto pilot state and just enjoy the driving.

Some form of intoxication does seem to help greatly.

That's why you're often a bit better after 1-2 beers, the slight buzz keeps you from over-thinking things and your body just does what it needs to do. Of course usually after 3 beers this effect disappears and other less desirable (but often hilarious) effects start to appear. :sly:
I played 36 holes of golf yesterday, first time ever playing 36 in one day. I think it was 33C with a humidex around 42C. Was playing really well on the first 18 so I delayed the onset of sudsy beverages until about the 12th hole but the beer cart girl was just too cute to resist. I had 3 before I started the second 18 and probably 6 or 7 in total by the end of the second 18 and I don't drink nearly as much or as often as I used to so I was feeling no pain.

Score on the 1st 18 - 87
Score on the 2nd 18 - 87:lol:

To top it off, I was only 1 over par on the last 4 holes during which I hit every green in regulation. If I had played another 18 and quaffed another 3 or 4 beverages I have no doubt I could have contended in the Canadian Open!

Beer, the fuel of sim racing champions!

Note: I did not drive home!

My last 36 hole outing cost me two years without golfing. I was so excited by the course we were playing (actually Nicklaus and Palmer designed venues side by side) that I didn't properly warm up. The next day I ended up with a herniated disk. Now after all the physical therapy, total body weight training and injections, the pain and numbness is gone. I'm ready for the US Open.................yeah, right..........................But the pain and weakness is gone.

i know for a fact that improving PB by 1-2 secs in a month is possible. The difference is understanding what to do in each instant. some people do it natural and it happens to be the correct thing. Without data improvement is a trial and error game, it is super time consuming. Telemetry would make gaining time easy.

Multiple seconds improvements are easy to come by when you are several seconds off the pace (like May above). But when you are only 2-3 secs off the top times, it's a whole different story.

That is a whole new way of looking at it for me. I normally start of 5 to 7 seconds behind the field. And it make me feel like improvement is not coming my way any time soon. Thank you for shifting my thought process. 👍

Quick question, what does tyre model stand for?

It's the method of simulation they use to recreate the behavior characteristics of a tire (how it grips, how it slips, how it heats up, how it wears out, etc.) Tire model V1 was their first attempt, they are currently on V7 which is their 7th version of a model that recreates tire behavior. With the Red Pack the tire model will be designated V10 for some reason (V8 and V9 were rubbish and went straight in the bin?) but all existing cars will remain on V7 for now.

The sequential numbers are evolution versions. The step from 7 to 10 represents a significant change.

He talks about it in the YouTube stream he did on Sunday.

The sequential numbers are evolution versions. The step from 7 to 10 represents a significant change.

He talks about it in the YouTube stream he did on Sunday.

If that's the case then one would think the new 488 GT3 will not be well balanced against the other GT3's since it will be on significantly different tires.

Since we are on the topic, Can mod cars be kept up to date with the latest tire model? Most seem to be no older than V6, but I think a few are still V5. So is the best option wait for an updated file? Or can you simply paste tire model files in to the folder of the mod?

Since we are on the topic, Can mod cars be kept up to date with the latest tire model? Most seem to be no older than V6, but I think a few are still V5. So is the best option wait for an updated file? Or can you simply paste tire model files in to the folder of the mod?

Pretty sure we have to wait for the mod creator to update it.

Man, why do I always leave this thread hanging? :lol: If anyone wants me to add anything to the OP, just say so.

EDIT: Added the clean windshield trick.

Last edited:
I was going to suggest that you prefix everything with "PC:" (if everything up until now only applies to PC) so that when the console version releases maybe those users can post here too, and then you can prefix those tips/tricks with XBONE and PS4 or something. Alternatively prefix the whole thread with "PC:" (and the PC prefix icon) and create new threads for the consoles.

Unless I missed it, ctrl +c gives you b spec mode!

It does, but I believe Stefano recently said that if you take control back it can make the car feel wonky, so it's best to reset to the pits afterward. (I forget where I saw that but it was just in the last couple weeks.)

Maybe the AI can also get too tired or drunk to drive. What do you have the Simulation Value set to? ;)
Seriously though, didn't know about this feature. Will have to test when I get home.

Over 9000 of course! :P

There was a yellow fuel icon lit up. I didn't realise I had fuel use switched on. It didn't try and pit though and when I took over again there was nothing wrong.

Still at least I now I know why I keep setting new personal best laps towards the end of a session.:dunce:

Anybody had an issue with force feedback? Mine seemed great and then one day I seemed to lose it at low speed, ever since then there's no self-centering at low speed and there's not much feedback until like 15-20mph. I didn't change any game settings or wheel settings I don't think. Wheel is Fanatec CSW base.

Back