Assetto Corsa Tools, Tips, and TricksPC 

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 164 comments
Anybody had an issue with force feedback? Mine seemed great and then one day I seemed to lose it at low speed, ever since then there's no self-centering at low speed and there's not much feedback until like 15-20mph. I didn't change any game settings or wheel settings I don't think. Wheel is Fanatec CSW base.
Actually, now that you mention it: Yesterday I installed the newest GPU drivers and afterwards all my FFB settings (per car) in AC were reset. I'm pretty sure these are saved when you set them. Also, I took the Lotus 49 out for a spin again, and now suddenly the brakes seemed very sensitive. Before driver install I could push them further in before they locked. Not sure what has happened.

Edit: Nvm, back to normal now. Must have been using wrong settings somehow.

Last edited:
Anybody had an issue with force feedback? Mine seemed great and then one day I seemed to lose it at low speed, ever since then there's no self-centering at low speed and there's not much feedback until like 15-20mph. I didn't change any game settings or wheel settings I don't think. Wheel is Fanatec CSW base.

Yes, same here, there's no feeling at all at slow speeds or when standing still. Been like that since I first got the CSW in November and was the same on my T300 before that. Never been able to find a solution for it.

Yes, same here, there's no feeling at all at slow speeds or when standing still. Been like that since I first got the CSW in November and was the same on my T300 before that. Never been able to find a solution for it.
Do you set the minimum force?

I just did some more testing with the LUT and FFB settings. It seems tyre model V10 makes the differences a lot easier to discern (or I'm just getting better at AC and getting more used to the physics lol).

All testing done using G25 in McLaren P1 at Silverstone International (my control combo for all testing procedures).

Variables (test only 1 at a time, all others left default in brackets): LUT (stock FFB), Min Force (0%), Logitech profiler 100%.

IMO, LUT makes center forces stronger, but you lose A LOT of forces to the sides. My laptimes are actually slower because of this.

There's another post processing FFB filter called Gamma which I didn't try. I'm not even gonna bother testing out something that you don't know changes what. Unless Kunos puts up an explanation somewhere I'm not even gonna touch this. There's too much risk of placebo effect messing up the results.

Minimum Force (from in game settings) at 10% seems like it works ok, but if I increase it to 30% the wheel just rattles in the center even when going straight. And you lose too much of the subtle forces around the center. At 10% this happens less, but it still happens so technically Min Force isn't great either.

Finally, I tried the old rFactor trick of setting wheel FFB to 107% from the Logitech profiler. In theory, this is supposed to make Logitech wheels linear. Well surprise surprise, this option works great! It makes center forces stronger (like LUT), without sacrificing lateral forces (unlike LUT). You can also still feel the subtle forces around the center (unlike Min Force). Honestly, this is the perfect setup for me. It also has the added bonus of not having to switch from 107% to 100% when switching from Automobilista to AC :lol: If you are also using a Logitech G wheel give this a try. I don't know if this will work for TM wheels too, but there's no harm in trying.

While we are at it, I noticed that the P1 no longer skips across the surface in corner 5 (the slightly downhill right hander before Hangar straight). Previously the wheel FFB would "chatter" as the tyre skips on the verge of understeer. I don't know if it's because V10 tyre model, they updated the physics or remodelled the track. I tried the MP4-12C with V7 tyre and it doesn't skip anymore also. From memory, the track doesn't slope as steeply there as I remembered, but I could be biased. Oh well, I kinda liked that effect so it's a shame to lose it. No biggie though.

Last edited:
I just did some more testing with the LUT and FFB settings. It seems tyre model V10 makes the differences a lot easier to discern (or I'm just getting better at AC and getting more used to the physics lol).

All testing done using G25 in McLaren P1 at Silverstone International (my control combo for all testing procedures).

Variables (test only 1 at a time, all others left default in brackets): LUT (stock FFB), Min Force (0%), Logitech profiler 100%.

IMO, LUT makes center forces stronger, but you lose A LOT of forces to the sides. My laptimes are actually slower because of this.

There's another post processing FFB filter called Gamma which I didn't try. I'm not even gonna bother testing out something that you don't know changes what. Unless Kunos puts up an explanation somewhere I'm not even gonna touch this. There's too much risk of placebo effect messing up the results.

Minimum Force (from in game settings) at 10% seems like it works ok, but if I increase it to 30% the wheel just rattles in the center even when going straight. And you lose too much of the subtle forces around the center. At 10% this happens less, but it still happens so technically Min Force isn't great either.

Finally, I tried the old rFactor trick of setting wheel FFB to 107% from the Logitech profiler. In theory, this is supposed to make Logitech wheels linear. Well surprise surprise, this option works great! It makes center forces stronger (like LUT), without sacrificing lateral forces (unlike LUT). You can also still feel the subtle forces around the center (unlike Min Force). Honestly, this is the perfect setup for me. It also has the added bonus of not having to switch from 107% to 100% when switching from Automobilista to AC :lol: If you are also using a Logitech G wheel give this a try. I don't know if this will work for TM wheels too, but there's no harm in trying.

I like the gamma, it kinda amplifies some things a little bit. Hard to describe but I for me the LUT kinda numbed things and the gamma brought it to life.

I learned a new trick. Tired of sitting through the credits while the game shuts down? Just hit the space bar a couple times and Bob's your uncle. 👍

I like the gamma, it kinda amplifies some things a little bit. Hard to describe but I for me the LUT kinda numbed things and the gamma brought it to life.

I learned a new trick. Tired of sitting through the credits while the game shuts down? Just hit the space bar a couple times and Bob's your uncle. 👍

Yeah that's the thing. It might do something, but without an official description I don't really want to rely on it just in case it does something unrealistic.

Good tip on the credits thing 👍 Probably one of my pet peeves with AC everytime I quit the game :lol:

Yes, I'm talking about the Logitech profiler outside the game.
Interesting... However, I think I have a checkmark in the box "Let Application Set These Values" or something like that... And then I think I am using like 85% in Assetto Corsa's settings page. I'm not in front of my laptop right now to check.

Interesting... However, I think I have a checkmark in the box "Let Application Set These Values" or something like that... And then I think I am using like 85% in Assetto Corsa's settings page. I'm not in front of my laptop right now to check.

I believe the "let application set these values" option doesn't apply to the overall effects strength, I think it's just for the steering rotation and maybe the spring/damper. Setting the strength at 107% is a trick I've seen people talk about with the less strong wheels like the Logitech's, apparently it helps to get rid of the deadzone around center.

I believe the "let application set these values" option doesn't apply to the overall effects strength, I think it's just for the steering rotation and maybe the spring/damper. Setting the strength at 107% is a trick I've seen people talk about with the less strong wheels like the Logitech's, apparently it helps to get rid of the deadzone around center.
Okay...I'll give it a shot. My friend wants his DFGT back this week. I'm kind of upset because I know he stopped playing GT6 quite a while back. Unless he started playing again. Ugh...I've gotta either get my DFGT fixed or get a new wheel. This is ridiculous. I can't keep going into Assetto Corsa Withdrawal. I can't take the shakes anymore. ;)

Okay...I'll give it a shot. My friend wants his DFGT back this week. I'm kind of upset because I know he stopped playing GT6 quite a while back. Unless he started playing again. Ugh...I've gotta either get my DFGT fixed or get a new wheel. This is ridiculous. I can't keep going into Assetto Corsa Withdrawal. I can't take the shakes anymore. ;)

Tell him you "misplaced" it and it might take you a few weeks/months to locate it. :D

DFGT is actually better than G25/27/29 when it comes to minimum force feedback. G wheels tend to need minimum set to 12-16% meaning missing the lower end of feedback. My DFGT works from 0% as worked out by that iRacing software you can get on the Assetto Corso website. It might not be as strong, but it seems more subtle, so get it fixed if you can.

I like the way you think. :D I just got my first handgun too...So he knows I'm armed. I'd like to see him try and take it back. j/k Don't anyone freak out...

You can tell him you let me borrow it and now I won't give it back. I'll totally vouch for you! :D

Calibrate Wheel Using Wheelcheck and FFBClip by Atle Dreier
A way to get optimal results for your FFB wheel.
Please read the full instructions here. It's a very long and informative post.
Resources
WheelCheck_1_72.zip
FFBClip23.rar

I`ve been meaning to check/calibrate my ffb settings for a while now. But, it`s always appeared to be a very complicated and time consuming process. Not any more. The current version of ffbclip has a dynamic mode that continually adjusts the ffb to maximise feel and reduce clipping. Once the app is active just select dynamic mode and your done.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ffbclip-app.7910/

Also, as I don`t like to use a HUD, I find racing more immersive without, I have taken to using this Pitboard app to give me info at the start of each lap. You can choose where to put it, how large it is and how long it stays on screen. Simple but very effective.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pitboard.7753/

Ps Can this thread be moved to one of the new sub forums? There is some really useful info here for the PC players.👍

Good lord, I forgot about this thread (AGAIN)! Thanks for posting, Brian.
I`ve been meaning to check/calibrate my ffb settings for a while now. But, it`s always appeared to be a very complicated and time consuming process. Not any more. The current version of ffbclip has a dynamic mode that continually adjusts the ffb to maximise feel and reduce clipping. Once the app is active just select dynamic mode and your done.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ffbclip-app.7910/
Wow, FFBClip has changed quite a bit it seems. Nice.

Also, as I don`t like to use a HUD, I find racing more immersive without, I have taken to using this Pitboard app to give me info at the start of each lap. You can choose where to put it, how large it is and how long it stays on screen. Simple but very effective.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pitboard.7753/
Good find. 👍

Ps Can this thread be moved to one of the new sub forums? There is some really useful info here for the PC players.👍

It's already on the main AC subforum page.

It's already on the main AC subforum page.

I thought the "AC Help and General Questions" would be better as It wouldn`t get lost so often. No matter. 👍 We could really do with a PC specific subforum for stuff like this, mods and pc hardware/ac benchmarking stuff.

Best would be ask one of the mods to sticky it to the main AC forum. I'm under the impression that the AC sub forums are quite forgotten so this thread would be even more hidden in there.

Another nice minimalist HUD app is Sidekick: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sidekick.11007/ It's made by the same people who developed RaceEssentials but improved further for a more cleaner look. Worthy addition to the first page 👍

Oh wow...I didn't know you were maintaining (updating) the first post in this thread, Ameer67. Very nice of you. I just learned a couple of things from looking over the 1st post again! :D

Is there a way to move the race positions display on the left?
On my triple screen it is on the left screen and I'd like to move it to the middle screen, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Is there a way to move the race positions display on the left?
On my triple screen it is on the left screen and I'd like to move it to the middle screen, but I can't figure out how to do it.
I've tried moving it around on a single screen but no cigar. Seems like it is fixed there.

I think the biggest oversight is that you cannot NOT USE A MOUSE in AC. Its a huge PITA to be fishing for a mouse or mouse/keyboard combo when starting a race, ending a race and going through the standings, changing any settings, I mean its awkward as hell. When I start a race I have to scramble to get my mouse down without smashing it on the floor.

Are there any third party ways to enable me to detect what the hover over buttons of the mouse is and use a third party like roccat or xpadder to map to a button or tablet? This sucks as it is right now, really sucks.

The big benefit of having the mouse live in AC is you can drag the apps anywhere you want on the screen, unlike other games where all the onscreen stuff is either locked in place or has limited placement options. I'm able to put most of my apps on the side monitors so they don't clutter my view and I really like that.

I got one of these little mouse trays that I clipped right next to my shifter so it's super easy to just reach over and grab the mouse. 👍

Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 8.03.12 AM.png

Back