Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition Now Available on PS4 and XB1

Just bought this on PS4 ... and first impressions; well, let's say I'll never complain about Project Cars 2 being a dull game ever again. I just can't get into it for some strange reason, lacking in something, but I just don't know what.... Maybe just need more time, but does feel a generation behind PC2 that's for sure.

AC doesn't try to be a game in the same way PC2 does. Anyway, let me give you a piece of advice:

Go into Custom Championships mode and enable a long practice session for the race weekend. Select every single car you want to drive "against" and choose at least two tracks (formal championship requirement).

The practice session now provides an unscripted track day simulation where random fun will unfold as you encounter other cars out on the track. For example, you can try to match the pace of opponent cars or just mind your own business with the occasional traffic to navigate. No rules but loads of fun. I know that PC2 allows for something similar, but I think AC nails it better thanks to higher degree of AI awareness, opponent car customization and overall authentic feel. Of course, feel free to proceed onto qualifying and race sessions if the competitive element is what you're after. My point? AC may not be the typical racing game where the fun is presented in plain sight, but there's enough depth to find it with a bit of creativity.

If you're finding AC graphics somewhat dull I'd also recommend experimenting with the cloud coverage options and setting time to either early morning or late afternoon. More eye candy this way.

Last edited:
AC doesn't try to be a game in the same way PC2 does. Anyway, let me give you a piece of advice:

Go into Custom Championships mode and enable a long practice session for the race weekend. Select every single car you want to drive "against" and choose at least two tracks (formal championship requirement).

The practice session now provides an unscripted track day simulation where random fun will unfold as you encounter other cars out on the track. For example, you can try to keep up with the pace of opponent cars or just mind your own business with the occasional traffic to navigate. No rules but loads of fun. I know that PC2 allows for something similar, but I think AC nails it better thanks higher degree of AI awareness, opponent car customization and overall authentic feel. Of course, feel free to proceed onto qualifying and race sessions if the competitive element is what you're after. My point? AC may not be the typical racing game where the fun is presented in plain sight, but there's enough depth to find it with a bit of creativity.

If you're finding AC graphics somewhat dull I'd also recommend experimenting with the cloud coverage options and setting time to either early morning or late afternoon. More eye candy this way.
That's exactly what I do, but I don't really do it in custom championship. I just do it in race weekend as some of the lineups are strange but makes it feel more like a random track day. Obviously you can create that better yourself.

AC career mode is rubbish but it's great for learning to set up the car. In the first race you can't adjust anything, then you can only adjust tyre pressure. Then tyre pressure and suspension and so on. It's a great way to learn each part of the tuning. I wonder if they actually planned that out with that intention?

Just bought this on PS4 ... and first impressions; well, let's say I'll never complain about Project Cars 2 being a dull game ever again. I just can't get into it for some strange reason, lacking in something, but I just don't know what.... Maybe just need more time, but does feel a generation behind PC2 that's for sure.

well, you can say that AC is a step behind PC2 as far as the gaming aspects are concerned, PC2 is surely a more modern game, but technically PC2 is rubbish: have you ever noticed how bad the opponents cars look? your car is fine, but the other car on track look like they came out an early PS3 low-budget game: they are so low quality, fewer polygons, blurry texture, a lot of details missing, that it makes the game unplayable for me. On the contrary, AC's cars are all beautifully made, alla cars on track are perfectly modeled, they are all the same quality and LOD is the same.

That's exactly what I do, but I don't really do it in custom championship. I just do it in race weekend as some of the lineups are strange but makes it feel more like a random track day. Obviously you can create that better yourself.

The thing I like about selecting the specific opponent cars is how many interesting battles you'll come across. For example, who knew that the Porsche 908 LH is a perfect match for the Porsche 911 R around Red Bull Ring? What about putting yourself into an old Abarth 500 while getting chased by a horde of modern LMPs? It can actually be scary... :lol:

Though, for the most part I use the feature to set up more immersive and realistic grids that what's possible when using the 'same class' filter in Race Weekend mode.

It is indeed very good but I can't stay away from rFactor2 currently.
For console, AC is the best in my opinion and would always recommend it.

It is a generation behind in game features and simulating some stuff around racing itself (ambiance, race engineer, spotter, crowd, deeper setup options, features, track dynamics etc...) but it's a generation forward in terms of car physics and dynamics, FFB and overall driving feel and experience. This is simply unmatched on consoles.
I own both and enjoy both for what they are. Online racing is also much better on PC2 for public lobbies.

I find AC to be MUCH better looking game than PC2. Yes, shocking I know but PC2 is way too grainy and pixelated. I also hate the track textures and color of asphalt. Dunno what it is but it looks bad in my opinion.
Just check the replays and you will see car details literally popup in PC2 when cars are getting closer to the camera which looks awful! AC and GTS does that in a much better subtle way.

I find AC to be MUCH better looking game than PC2. Yes, shocking I know but PC2 is way too grainy and pixelated. I also hate the track textures and color of asphalt. Dunno what it is but it looks bad in my opinion.
Just check the replays and you will see car details literally popup in PC2 when cars are getting closer to the camera which looks awful! AC and GTS does that in a much better subtle way.

I'd also say PC2 graphics are all over the place whereas AC looks consistent and crisp. So yeah, I also prefer the look of AC, but what I said still carries a good point. AC can look rather dull if you load a session with overcast skies around 12 PM. On the other hand, set weather to scattered clouds and late afternoon... Now it looks nicer with a warmer glow across the board and sunlight reflecting nicely in the asphalt textures.

Can someone tell me if their copy for the Xbox One came with the official Microsoft seal on the side of the case and Y-fold wrap? I just bought this from the UK and it doesn't. Now I know about all the reseals online, but I don't know. Something tells me this might just have come out like that? Smaller low budget studio shouldn't be an excuse for not having the seal, right? I paid like twice the price for this UK edition when I could have just bought the AUS edition for half the price (didn't come out in the US/CAN it seems), so yeah.

It sucks that I already have the base game but there is no upgrade path to the ultimate edition.
Also I can not control the cars properly with the Xbox controller.... Very frustrating.

It sucks that I already have the base game but there is no upgrade path to the ultimate edition.
Also I can not control the cars properly with the Xbox controller.... Very frustrating.
Running this game with Xbox / Ps4 Controller would be frustating. I consider this game MUST be used with a wheel. Regarding upgrade path, on ps4 store you can buy the ultimate edition pack with all missing cars on std version.

Just buy the season pass in the sale. As for controller, some cars for me no matter how good my settings are on controller are still difficult to control, but others no problem. Just need decent settings.

Best thing you've done! Tell us how it goes later and what are your impressions!

I already had the regular version at launch but ended up trading it in when GTsport came out. I remember why now, the controller settings are horrible although i've got them to a reasonable setting now where i can use it with no TC or stabilty control .

I spent some time looking for this bug reported in the forums but could not find exactly the same. I am playing Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition with a Logitech G29 in PS4.

I want to race the Ferrari F2004 in Hot Lap in any track. If I drive just like that, everything is perfect. However, as soon as I change anything in the setup of the car, the degree of rotation and sensibility of the wheel changes completely and the car becomes undriveable.

I have to restart the game in order to restore everything to normal. Restarting the race or time trial does not work.

I am not using a custom button layout, if you are wondering. I found out that causes a bug so it was the first thing I tried.

I tried other cars and it's the same. It has become very annoying and it's breaking the game for me.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Just saw this myself and bought it straight away...

Just got Ultimate Edition for £12.99 on PlayStation store

You lucky buggers... what a deal!

I’ve just bought the Ultimate Edition for £27 on Amazon. Looking forward to trying it again, i bought it on release back in 2016 and was disappointed, preferred pCars.

However, now that there have been 20 odd patches and lots more content i’m hoping it will be better this time.

Being a console peasant, until the release of pcars 1 in 2015 i had been playing pgr and forza etc, so when that game came out it was a godsend and i’ve never played any other tarmac racing games since pcars2. So i’m certainly going go give this a proper chance this time!

The practice session now provides an unscripted track day simulation where random fun will unfold as you encounter other cars out on the track. For example, you can try to match the pace of opponent cars or just mind your own business with the occasional traffic to navigate. No rules but loads of fun. I know that PC2 allows for something similar, but I think AC nails it better thanks to higher degree of AI awareness, opponent car customization and overall authentic feel. Of course, feel free to proceed onto qualifying and race sessions if the competitive element is what you're after. My point? AC may not be the typical racing game where the fun is presented in plain sight, but there's enough depth to find it with a bit of creativity.

Mate, this is one of the best things I have done in AC. Thank you for the suggestion. It’s a lot of fun because you have other times to compete against in real time and with the added challenge of traffic on the track.

I didn’t know I needed this until I found it! I was wasting the time in solo time trials and got bored after a short while.

Truly thanks for sharing this idea!

I spent some time looking for this bug reported in the forums but could not find exactly the same. I am playing Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition with a Logitech G29 in PS4.

I want to race the Ferrari F2004 in Hot Lap in any track. If I drive just like that, everything is perfect. However, as soon as I change anything in the setup of the car, the degree of rotation and sensibility of the wheel changes completely and the car becomes undriveable.

I have to restart the game in order to restore everything to normal. Restarting the race or time trial does not work.

I am not using a custom button layout, if you are wondering. I found out that causes a bug so it was the first thing I tried.

I tried other cars and it's the same. It has become very annoying and it's breaking the game for me.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Yeah mate had that on my ps4 also for a long time. They claimed to fix it on one of the updates but it didn't. Always had to reboot the game to make it work again.

Yeah mate had that on my ps4 also for a long time. They claimed to fix it on one of the updates but it didn't. Always had to reboot the game to make it work again.
It’s good to find out that I am not the only one with this problem, however it’s bad to hear that it will never get fixed...

Now, when I play, I have to be very careful when setting up my car to avoid this. It happened also when loading a previously saved setup from the pit box screen.

It happened also when loading a previously saved setup from the pit box screen.
Same problem started with Fanatec CSL Elite aswell, but only in controller setup on track.
Overally the game is now more prone to errors; game often freezes in the pits, wheel rotation bug, online servers not loading/updating and even the AI (i believe) is now causing pile ups more than ever.

Hey fellas! I just picked this game up, I’ve been playing GT Sport since last October. What are the fun things to do in this game?

Hey fellas! I just picked this game up, I’ve been playing GT Sport since last October. What are the fun things to do in this game?

Simply enjoy the driving man!

I, personally, just couldn't stand GTS. I tried hard to love it. Raced in daily races etc. but still failed to love it. The driving seems very unrealistic and the physics over-simplified. Assetto is awesome where GTS isn't. Yes, it isn't alive online as GTS is, but the driving experience/feel, force feedback, car control, physics, breaking, handling etc... all those aspects are miles ahead! So enjoy it!

We're also running some fun Time Trials so you can take part here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...rgring-sprint-gt.377885/page-40#post-12833473

Mate, this is one of the best things I have done in AC. Thank you for the suggestion. It’s a lot of fun because you have other times to compete against in real time and with the added challenge of traffic on the track.

I didn’t know I needed this until I found it! I was wasting the time in solo time trials and got bored after a short while.

Truly thanks for sharing this idea!

It's one of my favorite things to do in AC. If you're in PC Land you get access to some awesome free roam tracks and a mod that adds traffic which is just way way way cool and fun. I know some sim racing "purists" turn their nose up at such activities but sometimes it's a nice change of pace, don't have to worry about hitting apexes or pay attention to lap times, just kick back and have fun blasting through traffic like you wish you could do on your commute to school/work. You can do your Nords track day on console though, pick a bunch of slowish street cars, turn their aggression all the way down, get into a fast street car and just have fun blasting by all the slow pokes like you see in all the YouTube Nords videos. I think you have Black Cat County on consoles, you can do the same there to get that "driving through the desert" feeling.

Here's the traffic mod being used on possibly the greatest (certainly most impressive) mod track made for AC, a replica of the roads in the LA Canyons. If you've ever watched any Matt Farah/Smoking Tire videos you've seen these roads, there's actually video of Matt driving these roads in AC and he gave 👍

Simply enjoy the driving man!
Assetto is awesome where GTS isn't. Yes, it isn't alive online as GTS is, but the driving experience/feel, force feedback, car control, physics, breaking, handling etc... all those aspects are miles ahead! So enjoy it!

Exactly. I've sent plenty of criticism AC's way for not being well structured as far as offline activities, but the one great thing about AC is it can be a big sandbox where the only real limits are your imagination. Obviously on consoles that's not quite as true as on PC but there's still enough content and freedom to get creative and find non-standard things to enjoy besides the baked-in challenges and "career" mode. The track day or desert cruise scenarios mentioned above, for instance. Another thing I like to do with the traffic is "chase the rabbit", I'll put a bunch of slow cars out there but then put in one or two fast cars that are on par with what I'm driving. I'll casually cruise around, casually passing the slowpokes, but once I encounter one of the fast cars I tuck in behind them, put the pedal down and start chasing them. It's fun, feels like you're in a Hollywood chase scene dodging all the traffic and flying around turns with no abandon.

Yeah that's what I thought. I don't think there's Crew Chief for it either (for PS4).
I have the amazing Crew Chief for Project Cars 2 (PS4) which is invaluable and would have liked to have gotten it for AC or ACC when that is released for PS4.

Become so bored with pc2, ive taken the plunge with this game. Whats the career mode like ? Can i upgrade this game to competizione or is that a separate game ?

Last edited:
Back