Assetto Corsa Won't Feature Photomode or Full-Length Replays on Consoles

I don't care about photo mode BUT full race replays are important, especially when racing with real people. There are times when it is necessary to review "a racing incident" ;-)

I am dumbfounded as to why this is not and will not be available.

So as far as "The Real Racing Simulator" goes I am getting a little bit disappointed here. I do think it should be re-badged to "The Lonely Hot Lap Simulator" for consoles.

We are still waiting for private lobbies too I should add :-(

I don't care about photo mode BUT full race replays are important, especially when racing with real people. There are times when it is necessary to review "a racing incident" ;-)

So as far as "The Real Racing Simulator" goes I am getting a little bit disappointed here. I do think it should be re-badged to "The Lonely Hot Lap Simulator" for consoles.

We are still waiting for private lobbies too I should add :-(
Uhm,I thought you said you can't race online, or don't want too,because the rooms are empty? But you want a feature that doesn't apply to what you race?
Fact: I (and others) would rather play a crap game with friends online than put up with the fiasco AC online is at the moment. Your statement correct!
killerjimbag
Please tell me you didn't say PCARS, online and AI in the same sentence ! I thought you put the game back in the case and we're done with it!
Regrettably I have reverted to racing with my friends on PCARS :-( I should say, the few that still want to run it.

My opinions of PCARS still stand and it is still full of bugs with the inevitable crash back to the main menu screen and the report the problem to Sony, the invisible walls, the cars sticking together etc, etc BUT at least we can run what we want, where we want, with the weather we want with whom we want.

As far as AC goes my rose tinted glasses have fallen off and I have stopped playing it until there are some real updates coming through. Playing online is a PITA, I have finished the career mode and I have been overwhelmed by the special events (especially the way the AI behave) :-(
Then you call it the lonely hot lap simulator?
Well,on to the next contradiction I guess.

This is just a guess so I could be wrong, but I figure it's a 'technical' issue or limitation for the consoles, the method of capturing replays in AC seems very inefficient. The replay file sizes are huge!

Setting the replay recording quality to ultra with a busy grid of cars and the maximum allowable file size (1GB) will net you around 20 minutes worth of footage. You get about 50 minutes worth if you change the quality to high. Meanwhile other games use up just a few MB for their replays, mere hundredths in size compared to AC.

I have this strange feeling that the consoles version of AC was produce exclusively to collect some more cash to keep developing they're true baby... the pc version. It's like those samples of really nice perfume they give us for free at walmart but with a twist... it cost $50,00 as a pre-order!
The game is absolutely amazing on it's drivability, sounds and graphics but has "unfinished product" written all over it and its sad because not everybody has 2000 plus dollares to spend in a high end gaming computer.

I have this strange feeling that the consoles version of AC was produce exclusively to collect some more cash to keep developing they're true baby... the pc version. It's like those samples of really nice perfume they give us for free at walmart but with a twist... it cost $50,00 as a pre-order!
The game is absolutely amazing on it's drivability, sounds and graphics but has "unfinished product" written all over it and its sad because not everybody has 2000 plus dollares to spend in a high end gaming computer.
Did you say $2000. Dude I can build you a smoking computer for $1200.

Did you say $2000. Dude I can build you a smoking computer for $1200.
Agree, I included the wheel set in the bundle but yes, you're right, from 12 to 14 hundred you can build a very nice sim racing machine but the PS4 goes for what now? 400?

Agree full race replays are important.
- At the moment mostly playing Project Cars.
- See very little advantage to AC at the moment.
- If/when get a wheel compatible for PS4 will re-examine each game.
FYI, I recently made my first ever foray into the world of steering wheels with a Thrustmaster T150. All I'll say is this - get when as soon as it becomes a possibility (not necessarily a T150, but some sort of wheel). It adds so much to the experience, I can't even describe it!

Uhm,I thought you said you can't race online, or don't want too,because the rooms are empty? But you want a feature that doesn't apply to what you race?
Fact: I (and others) would rather play a crap game with friends online than put up with the fiasco AC online is at the moment. Your statement correct!
killerjimbag
Please tell me you didn't say PCARS, online and AI in the same sentence ! I thought you put the game back in the case and we're done with it!
Regrettably I have reverted to racing with my friends on PCARS :-( I should say, the few that still want to run it.

My opinions of PCARS still stand and it is still full of bugs with the inevitable crash back to the main menu screen and the report the problem to Sony, the invisible walls, the cars sticking together etc, etc BUT at least we can run what we want, where we want, with the weather we want with whom we want.

As far as AC goes my rose tinted glasses have fallen off and I have stopped playing it until there are some real updates coming through. Playing online is a PITA, I have finished the career mode and I have been overwhelmed by the special events (especially the way the AI behave) :-(

I don't know what your problem is with me. I have answered all your questions politely and honestly to describe how I feel about this game and the issues I have with it on console.

You seem to enjoy trying to find fault with what I have said for whatever personal reasons you have or if you have such a poor comprehension of what I have written please elaborate and I will try to explain my position a little simpler for you.

Or perhaps you are trying to be very obtuse and just want a flame war? BTW that wont happen with me.

I don't know what your problem is with me. I have answered all your questions politely and honestly to describe how I feel about this game and the issues I have with it on console.

You seem to enjoy trying to find fault with what I have said for whatever personal reasons you have or if you have such a poor comprehension of what I have written please elaborate and I will try to explain my position a little simpler for you.

Or perhaps you are trying to be very obtuse and just want a flame war? BTW that wont happen with me.
I'm not the one that had a thread closed. I admitted myself, that PCARS and AC have their faults. I just don't go on and on like someone shot my dog. We get it! It's a free world with the Internet. Perhaps being polite and honest, on the official game forums, might hold better weight. Describing how someone feels is arbitrary at best. You might have had a bad day.

killerjimbag

I was shocked reading on the Assetto Corsa forum that PCARS only has 5 laser scanned tracks?

Literally just a couple hours ago I was making an actual list for Christmas so people had an idea of what I would want and I put this game on it. I'm going to cross it off now because it's really showing right now how much Kunos is in this for the money. They have DLC packs lined up for miles to come and they can't/won't put in full replays, this after having claimed the game wouldn't be "watered down" for consoles, as was already pointed out. I am very happy I didn't get this at launch and still haven't, I want it to be good but they just keep making *nasally Jim Sterling voice* "Triple A gaming" business decisions and go straight to the option with money behind it. Sure they're small and might need the money but the things they're doing are not the sort of things that keep/get new customers, I sure don't want to be, not via gift or my own wallet, they can keep my copy forever.

Literally just a couple hours ago I was making an actual list for Christmas so people had an idea of what I would want and I put this game on it. I'm going to cross it off now because it's really showing right now how much Kunos is in this for the money. They have DLC packs lined up for miles to come and they can't/won't put in full replays, this after having claimed the game wouldn't be "watered down" for consoles, as was already pointed out. I am very happy I didn't get this at launch and still haven't, I want it to be good but they just keep making *nasally Jim Sterling voice* "Triple A gaming" business decisions and go straight to the option with money behind it. Sure they're small and might need the money but the things they're doing are not the sort of things that keep/get new customers, I sure don't want to be, not via gift or my own wallet, they can keep my copy forever.
I'm not surprised by any company,manufacturer any more. Seems like what ever is promised,is never delivered. Could be wrong,looks that way to me.

I don't think this was a money grab for kunos. They had to launch it to get revenue, but game wasn't ready. They have to start cutting back features because they didn't sell enough to justify the continued investment and have to choose what is priority. Delivering dlc is priority because it delivers revenue and has chance to increase ROI, so maybe they can add features to their priority list. But at this rate it's unlikely to happen.

PS add me on PSN in US. I get groups to race together almost nightly.

I'm not the one that had a thread closed.
Yes I did ask for one thread to be closed on the PCARS forum because it became very apparent that certain, one eyed, PCARS Fan Boys were hell bent on just abusing me. Were you one by any chance?

I admitted myself, that PCARS and AC have their faults. I just don't go on and on like someone shot my dog.

I do not believe I go "on and on" but will remind you that not everyone that reads these forums have been here for ever or have followed or remembered previous discussions. So if there is a valid comparison or an example to be made of something I will make it.

We get it! It's a free world with the Internet. Perhaps being polite and honest, on the official game forums, might hold better weight. Describing how someone feels is arbitrary at best. You might have had a bad day.

I have my share of bad days and kick my self regularly for believing what developers promise and fail to deliver.

I do feel cheated that private lobbies are still not available despite that it is still stated on Kunos's website that they are. I do feel disappointed that when private lobbies do eventuate having no photo mode or more than 3mins of replay will be a bad thing. I do feel that the only way for me (and others?) to get enjoyment out of this game is just to hot lap.

Almost purchased the game yesterday. Community racing will definitely suffer from this. Good bye Assetto.

Couldn't care less about photomode. Never understood it. Good call. The games are about racing, this has gone too far. Like in GT the focus is totally on the wrong things. And yet they (PD) dare to call it a simulation. Go KUNOS! Focus on driving, championchips, online etc

I couldn't care less. I'll rather play games with more content and richer environments for photo shooting, so that's what I do. Longer replays? Strange how they cannot make them longer. I enjoy replays but I still haven't experienced the limit on consoles.

As I said in another thread, all I'd like to see added on consoles is the setting to adjust the surface condition. It doesn't have to be dynamic if the consoles cannot handle it. It's something that relates to the reason why I purchased the game, which is to drive. I'll live without it though.

Pathetic.....replays are one of my favourite things in a game. I must say that AC has been my most disappointing game on this gen, I usually get all the DLC for my games, but this is the ONLY one I haven't got ANY for, and hearing that they can't even implement replays properly doesn't inspire me to get any either.

Welp, that's a bummer. I was looking forward to pick it up around christimas but I'll be definitely waiting for a discounted complete edition now.

Console version of AC looks like demo of PC version but not an independent game =( I like how pCars was ported with all its detailed menus and setups.

Back