Aston Martin DBS Superleggera

This car looks like it's ready to eat alive anything that comes into its path. But good grief- this is a handsome beast! Me REALLY likey. Not necessarily "all my want," but this one is a charmer.

A pretty weak 0-60 if you ask me. With that much power and weighing only 3700lbs it should at least be around 2.9-3.0 0-60.
I fail to see how a 3.4 second 0-60 is "pretty weak". Sure a Dodge Charger Hellcat might do it quicker but that's what that car was designed to do, accellerate like mad. Also that car only managed a 2.9 second 0-60 on drag radials, street legal, yes, but not the kind of tyres you want on your Aston Martin. I believe the Charger Hellcat's 0-60 time is half a second or so slower when done with the stock tyres supplied with it for day to day use.

It's not all power and weight, you fit drag radials to any powerful car and it will imrpove it's 0-60 time, it won't make the car drive well day to day on the road though. You also have gearing, are the gears low and focused on accelleration only or are they wide to give more top speed or somewhere inbetween. There's so much to consider, but whatever the case we have a large, heavy luxury Grand Tourer that will hit 60 in 3.4 seconds. That's seriousely quick no matter what the Hellcat can or can't do. They are two very different applications of how to producde a performance version of a car.

Basking-Shark-3-640x425.jpg

That's all I can see now.

Aston DBS 770 Ultimate

aston-martin-dbs-770-ultimate-side-view.jpg

aston-martin-dbs-770-ultimate-side-view.jpg

aston-martin-dbs-770-ultimate-interior-view.jpg

Whether the nameplate returns with pure V12 power is uncertain, but in 770 Ultimate trim, it exits stage left as the most powerful DBS of all time.

As such, you can probably guess what 770 stands for. That's the metric horsepower rating of its twin-turbocharged 5.2-liter V12, which equated to 759 hp for those of us on the west side of the pond.

Engineers massaged the engine's intake and ignition for a 7-percent increase in boost pressure. Additional fine-tuning of engine parameters contribute to the final power rating, which incidentally is enough to push the big GT car all the way to 211 mph. A special transmission calibration for the 8-speed automatic helps, too.

Upgraded power usually requires upgraded brakes, but the standard DBS ceramics are already up to the task. As a refresher, those are 16.1-inch discs in front and 14.1-inch at the back. The steering is upgraded though, courtesy of a new solid-mount steering column that increases both precision and driver feedback. The chassis is also a bit stiffer, and Aston Martin says the suspension gets special calibration that increases "control and composure without compromise to ride quality."

Mind you, that's 499 for the entire world – 300 coupes and 199 Volantes. Aston Martin doesn't share pricing information, but it doesn't matter because we're told each one is already sold. Production begins later in the first quarter of this year, with deliveries commencing in the summer.

Huge fan of those rims, beautiful styling, beautiful engine (though it will be the last V12), a home run from Aston Martin.

Yeah, shame they didn't make this one.
Yyc7voXHRPKRSpkRH013.jpg

Anyway, why not make the last one a super lightweight instead of having the most power?

Yeah, shame they didn't make this one.
Yyc7voXHRPKRSpkRH013.jpg

Anyway, why not make the last one a super lightweight instead of having the most power?
Because it's about the engine.

I feel like Aston has learned its lesson when it comes to these hideous special editions they've made over the past several years. Nobody wants an ugly Aston. Astons are supposed to be pretty, even the gnarly ones.

Because it's about the engine.

I feel like Aston has learned its lesson when it comes to these hideous special editions they've made over the past several years. Nobody wants an ugly Aston. Astons are supposed to be pretty, even the gnarly ones.
Not that it was or wasn't a rhetorical question. I feel that way about many cars. I understand it saves money just up the boost rather than shed panels. Even if it's about the engine, the whole package could be special. 100kg/220lbs lighter and it still has a/c. Something.

Back