Aston Martin Puts the Brakes on the Valkyrie Race Car Project

How is Lance Stroll the reason the seats exist? I'm talking about the son. I think you mean the dad is the reason the two seats exist, because he bought the team, etc.?

How is Lance Stroll the reason the seats exist? I'm talking about the son. I think you mean the dad is the reason the two seats exist, because he bought the team, etc.?
Yes and regardless if you like it or not daddy stroll woulden't had invested anything if it wasen't for his son .

I agree Kubica was also a waste of a seat. People dislike Stroll because of how he got his seat and that he still has it and has had it for many years. Kubica had a nice story and it was one year.

I agree Kubica was also a waste of a seat. People dislike Stroll because of how he got his seat and that he still has it and has had it for many years. Kubica had a nice story and it was one year.
But stroll did good things for others in the process.

I’m not a huge fan of Lance, but he’s far from the worst driver to ever set foot in an F1 car. He won Toyota Racing Series, won races in his rookie F3 season, won the F3 title in his second year, got a podium with a Williams, put a Williams on the front row of qualifying.

Additionally, Perez - a driver who has demonstrated exceptional race pace and consistency on many occasions - has noted that Stroll’s race pace is quite good.

His qualifying is quite dreadful, and his personality is uhh umm dry as can be, but he’s not a terrible driver.

Ah, Aston Martin. The new Vantage now has a manual transmission option; I would get one without hesitation. If of course it weren't so laghably, monstrously beyond my spending power.
And not to mention the stick-shift has 7-speed. By the way, I just saw that there's a resin model of this if you badly want it. :D

I feel like this has more to do with the DBX than anything.

I seriously worry AML is too late for the Super SUV trend. I think (read: hope) would-be customers aren't so hot on the idea as they were when the Bentayga, Urus etc were dropping.

It seriously worries me that Aston seem to have put so much stock in the DBX that it could undo their whole operation if it doesn't sell. That's really worrying because I'm not very sure it'll be any good.

I mean, in my eyes, all these superbadged SUVs are hunks of absolute **** that I wouldn't drive if you paid me to (ok, everyone has a price) but being so late to the game the DBX would seriously have to outdo all the competition to become the big seller.

I knew this SUV trend would be a net negative.

I feel like this has more to do with the DBX than anything.

I seriously worry AML is too late for the Super SUV trend. I think (read: hope) would-be customers aren't so hot on the idea as they were when the Bentayga, Urus etc were dropping.

It seriously worries me that Aston seem to have put so much stock in the DBX that it could undo their whole operation if it doesn't sell. That's really worrying because I'm not very sure it'll be any good.

I mean, in my eyes, all these superbadged SUVs are hunks of absolute **** that I wouldn't drive if you paid me to (ok, everyone has a price) but being so late to the game the DBX would seriously have to outdo all the competition to become the big seller.

I knew this SUV trend would be a net negative.

They've beaten Ferrari to the drop and as i imagine they see Ferrari as their biggest competitor, then that's job done. People aren't going to suddenly stop buying higher-end SUV's anytime soon. Aston would have been foolish not to release their own.

They've beaten Ferrari to the drop and as i imagine they see Ferrari as their biggest competitor, then that's job done. People aren't going to suddenly stop buying higher-end SUV's anytime soon. Aston would have been foolish not to release their own.
You're not wrong, I'm just sad about it :(

The SUV trend reaaaally doesn't help the whole eco thing. The most straightforward way to make a car more efficient is lightweighting, and everyone wants to buy heavier cars than ever.

I think Aston misunderstood who their customers are. Painting a fish fluorescent yellow like they did with the new Vantage was not going to appeal to their usual customers (Who seem to be pensioners who want something which looks classy). I still haven't seen a single one on the road.

I think the DBX will do okay, it looks good for the type of car it is. I wouldn't be surprised if Prodrive's Dakar buggy gets a DBX body by the start of 2021.

James Glickenhaus' strong opinion mirrors mine:
Annotation 2020-02-23 142657.png

I think Aston misunderstood who their customers are.

This. Serious sports cars can still be luxurious and countrified. Their big (and very wealthy market) is, in my opinion, very far from the market that buys brightly coloured wedge-mobiles.

Basically their market is the kind of person that Prince Charles or Prince Andrew hangs about with, minus one.

Lance Stroll gets so much underserved hatred. Yeah, he’s a pay driver, but pay drivers have been an intrinsic part of the sport for pretty much it’s entire history. Latifi and Kubica are also pay drivers.

Lance doesn’t suck at driving an F1 car either, at least not on Sunday. He puts together really strong Sunday performances, including a podium, and an incredible defensive drive in a rainy race in Germany last year in which Bottas attempted to pass him for 5+ laps before Bottas ran out of skill and put it in a wall.

He’s not a top 10 driver in the world but he has shown he can compete at the highest level

Back