ATL AUSTRALIAN & NZ "Lotus 97T F1 Championship" Accepting entriesFinished 

• Thread starter VENDALISM
  • 331 comments
Great race guys.

One of the few races I took more seriously I stuff up the rules on lol. I qualified on RM, then went RM,RM,RS,RS. It was going to be Quali:RM, Race:RM,RH,RS,RS. But on the first stop I accidentally dismissed the tyre pop up (and also had to carry 50kg extra fuel) and went RM again by default. Then I was going to change to to RH, RS for the rest of the race but I began thinking about getting Greasy's lap time and my two sets of softs for the end (forgetting I could only use one now) and just used them never using the RH. Most of my practice was on RH too, I could do 37's on them while they lasted 8 laps. I blame my cold and slight fever for my loss of mental ability. Anyone buy that?

Anyway apart from my bonehead tyre maneuver it all went to plan. Greasy launched away from the start but that was ok because I knew that getaway would eat his tyres and that seemed to be the case. I was doing good times on the RMs conversing the tyres as best I could and that meant I was always gaining on Greasy after 4 laps or so into a stint. It would have been an interesting seesaw battle between us had greasy not got tripped up lapping traffic.

I had a few close calls lapping people and hit agolfer78, but that was just one of those things. I thought he was going to stay where he was so I pounced, right at that moment he moved over to let me though and I made special friends with his gearbox. No damage though.

I made one mistake early while chasing greasy, put a wheel into the grass then hitting the wall at the top of the mountain, but after that my race was quite clean with very few mistakes. The Lotus is as much fun at Bathrust as I expected it to be.

Glad so many finished too, good to see.

Re: My penalty for breaking the rules, I am happy to be DQed. I don't really care about winning the championship, I just enjoy the racing in a car that handles well on great tracks and against good clean drivers. I think realistically you could say that maybe (conservatively, probably more like 1 second difference) I gained 2 seconds a lap by not using RH (over the RM I did use), so for the 8 laps that is 16 seconds. I won by..? 40 or something even with coasting behind a lapped car for the last lap so I want to quell any thought that I ditched the RH on purpose to win :P

Great race guys.

One of the few races I took more seriously I stuff up the rules on lol. I qualified on RM, then went RM,RM,RS,RS. It was going to be Quali:RM, Race:RM,RH,RS,RS. But on the first stop I accidentally dismissed the tyre pop up (and also had to carry 50kg extra fuel) and went RM again by default. Then I was going to change to to RH, RS for the rest of the race but I began thinking about getting Greasy's lap time and my two sets of softs for the end (forgetting I could only use one now) and just used them never using the RH. Most of my practice was on RH too, I could do 37's on them while they lasted 8 laps. I blame my cold and slight fever for my loss of mental ability. Anyone buy that?

Anyway apart from my bonehead tyre maneuver it all went to plan. Greasy launched away from the start but that was ok because I knew that getaway would eat his tyres and that seemed to be the case. I was doing good times on the RMs conversing the tyres as best I could and that meant I was always gaining on Greasy after 4 laps or so into a stint. It would have been an interesting seesaw battle between us had greasy not got tripped up lapping traffic.

I had a few close calls lapping people and hit agolfer78, but that was just one of those things. I thought he was going to stay where he was so I pounced, right at that moment he moved over to let me though and I made special friends with his gearbox. No damage though.

I made one mistake early while chasing greasy, put a wheel into the grass then hitting the wall at the top of the mountain, but after that my race was quite clean with very few mistakes. The Lotus is as much fun at Bathrust as I expected it to be.

Re: My penalty for breaking the rules, I am happy to be DQed. I don't really care about winning the championship, I just enjoy the racing in a car that handles well on great tracks and against good clean drivers. I think realistically you could say that maybe (conservatively, probably more like 1 second difference) I gained 2 seconds a lap by not using RH (over the RM I did use), so for the 8 laps that is 16 seconds. I won by..? 40 or something even with coasting behind a lapped car for the last lap so I want to quell any thought that I ditched the RH on purpose to win :P
There is no doubt that nas is the quickest in the room and does exceptional lap times lap after lap. I've ran a few championships before and found that once u go beyond the games pre set limits it becomes hard to govern. The game would have given him a minute. Knowing that was going to happen he would have pit but still won easily. All us old blokes can do with nas is hope he stuffs up because when he's switched on is unbeatable. Good drive cya next wk

Had a good run just down on pace across the top of mountain loss 3.5 sec each lap did 140 sec laps at end race will put more effort for next one cheers Phil.b

Had a good run just down on pace across the top of mountain loss 3.5 sec each lap did 140 sec laps at end race will put more effort for next one cheers Phil.b

Guess you were not running full downforce? I was flat out most laps across the top. From the cutting to the dipper was 100% flat.

Who here runs triple screens? What size screens do you use and can anyone post some pics? Pretty keen to get a set up just wondering pros and cons. I reckon 40 inch would probably be too big if thats the case then shouldnt be too pricey!

Who here runs triple screens? What size screens do you use and can anyone post some pics? Pretty keen to get a set up just wondering pros and cons. I reckon 40 inch would probably be too big if thats the case then shouldnt be too pricey!
I helped a friend set his up & after looking at monitors we found 27" the best. Do you realise you have to have a ps3/4 for each screen,& a disc for each as well?

'

Great race guys.

I'd say a 30sec penalty post race or equivalent of pitlane drive thru,whichever is bigger,is fair & appropriate. What's the delta time loss for Bathurst? If it's under 40secs you should still get your win as far as i am concerned. What do others think?

No, I didnt realise that Derek. Do you know if its the same with PC sims? I was thinking 27 inch so thats good to know.

With Nas's thing I guess check the regs in the op and see if Ven has stipulated anything for that scenario. Obviously had that pace to smash anyone and with the pitstop in hand 5 laps on the hards wouldnt have changed the result.

Pit lane penalty added onto his time would be something id be happy with but I cant help thinking about Marques at Phillip Island. Can anyone else think of any FIA precedences?

Lastly the boss was pounding my arse hard all day long so im a bit knackered. Im going to try to and make tonight but dont how quickly ill get through all kids dinner bath bed routine but ill see how I go. If im not there at the start time then proceed without me, not that familiar with this track anyways!

A
No, I didnt realise that Derek. Do you know if its the same with PC sims? I was thinking 27 inch so thats good to know.

With Nas's thing I guess check the regs in the op and see if Ven has stipulated anything for that scenario. Obviously had that pace to smash anyone and with the pitstop in hand 5 laps on the hards wouldnt have changed the result.

Pit lane penalty added onto his time would be something id be happy with but I cant help thinking about Marques at Phillip Island. Can anyone else think of any FIA precedences?

Lastly the boss was pounding my arse hard all day long so im a bit knackered. Im going to try to and make tonight but dont how quickly ill get through all kids dinner bath bed routine but ill see how I go. If im not there at the start time then proceed without me, not that familiar with this track anyways!
anyone updating championship standings

With most pc sims you need dual graphics cards, one for the primary & one for the sides, so generally you're looking at a high end desktop pc with 2xPCI-e slots.

Looks like this championship has gone belly up hope we can get it up and running again in this format or just some good short races great car and races too cheers Phil

image.jpg

Cheers Vendal

ROUND 8 - 15/09/2014. Monday Night 8:30pm EST
TRACK: Daytona Road Course LAPS: 40

image-jpg.185285

Last edited:
Sorry guys, missed last round (I think? haven't read the thread yet). I've been crazy busy, I didn't see it coming. Next round is on my birthday... I am not sure what others are planning for me, hopefully I can make it (I'd much rather be racing than doing something for my birthday haha).

Hey Ven! Good to see you pal! Im not sure the last round and Daytona was run, I couldnt make it cause my arse was too sore from the boss pounding it....

If you race on your birthday Nas I think it should be in what ever car PD gives you!

Hi Guys, been BAAF lately . . . hopefully make this one . . . but don't know whether i'll be home in time from work!! Crap . . .

Cheers
Phil

Hope i can make it home in time, got to pick up a mate from train station, if you'se can hold on until 9.15 i'll be right, if not all good, hope i make it. Ven can you watch for me to come online when you're close to starting qually if i'm not there, happy to start from rear if i just make it.

Hope i can make it home in time, got to pick up a mate from train station, if you'se can hold on until 9.15 i'll be right, if not all good, hope i make it. Ven can you watch for me to come online when you're close to starting qually if i'm not there, happy to start from rear if i just make it.

No problem M8..

not sure who is racing tonight but we will wait till 9 15 unless we have some objections ?

Greasy is still hosting?

G'day guys i'm actually not gone to race tonight because i'm feel a little under the weather but I can still host if need and it will give you guys a chance to catch up in the championship points

Back