ATL AUSTRALIAN & NZ "Lotus 97T F1 Championship" Accepting entriesFinished 

• Thread starter VENDALISM
  • 331 comments
Had a rough start, had to dodge nasanu at first chicane after his lag probs, but knew i still had good strategy but the podium went begging when a back marker blocked me three times costing about 15 secs each time. They know now after getting a roast for the 2nd week running. But 4th was still reasonable, but should've been 2nd at least.

Hey Derek,

The issue of back markers was raised after our Spa race so all drivers should comply as this is very infuriating for the driver being blocked/ held from passing by a back marker.

Can you please send a PM to the driver involved as in the heat of the race sometimes drivers don't realise that they have blocked while being a back marker.

Just a reminder Gents,

We don't have a flag system with gt6 but the below rules are self explanatory...

This flag encourages a driver to move aside to allow faster traffic to pass.
A light blue flag, sometimes with a diagonal yellow, orange, or red stripe, informs a driver that a faster car is approaching and that the driver should move aside to allow one or more faster cars to pass. During a race, this would usually only be shown to a driver getting lapped, but during practice or qualifying it could be shown to any driver. In most series, the blue flag is not mandatory—drivers obey it only as a courtesy to their fellow racers. As such, it is often referred to as the "Courtesy Flag." In other series, drivers get severely penalized for not yielding or for interfering with the leaders, including getting sent to the pits for the rest of the race. In Formula One, if the driver about to be lapped ignores three waved blue flags in a row, he is required to make adrive-through penalty. The blue flag may also be used to warn a driver that another car on the same lap is going to attempt to overtake them.

Hi Ven, a couple of times i've had you faster guys come up behind me . . . my playstation doesn't always show me the names of the driver behind me . . . obviously if you are coming very fast and catch me and all things being equal then I could be being lapped. If we had microphones on . . . not to chat during the race . . . but for instances like this where you say . . . "fullgas, this is vendal lapping . . ." or something of the like . . . not a conversation . . . just a warning to let you know that you are not surrendering positiion . . . something I have done! hahahahaha . . . just a thought anyway . . .

Hi Ven, a couple of times i've had you faster guys come up behind me . . . my playstation doesn't always show me the names of the driver behind me . . . obviously if you are coming very fast and catch me and all things being equal then I could be being lapped. If we had microphones on . . . not to chat during the race . . . but for instances like this where you say . . . "fullgas, this is vendal lapping . . ." or something of the like . . . not a conversation . . . just a warning to let you know that you are not surrendering positiion . . . something I have done! hahahahaha . . . just a thought anyway . . .

I have had the same problem of late with drivers names behind me not displaying, you think it's someone fighting for your position but then the name appears after a short period and you realise your a back marker.

It's a good idea Phil,as long as it's strictly for this issue only we use the microphone.

Let's give this a try in our next race meeting.

Last edited:
The only thing is if people are not using headphones,their race noise will open their mic intermittently. As you can change the mic level without leaving the room,we just might have to sort out a few mic levels unless If people know they are going to yell at the screen,dog or missus,maybe just mute & unmute when necessary,that's all we do in ROOZ div 4

". The blue flag may also be used to warn a driver that another car on the same lap is going to attempt to overtake them."
Ah-Ha,Now i understand what the flagmen were doing in China at the F1 race!

Hi Derek, yes mate . . . I know it wasn't me hahahaa . . . I didn't see you other than at the start I think? If you lapped me I might have been in the pits or something?? Not sure . . . hahahaha - all good mate . . . I think the mute - unmute is a good idea . . .

You crack me up golfer . . . just thinking about Gwen Stefani racing on GT6 Hahahahahaahahahahaah

image.jpg

Gents,

Round 5 at Laguna Seca has been postponed till the 18/08/14 Monday night 8:30pm EST

image.jpg

Cheers Vendal

Bugger I look forward to Monday nights race I fell like the bloke in the middle not first not last just stuck in the middle it's time to fix with more race pace, No problem vandal gives me more time too tune for it and what's the next track after seca so I can start on that as well been flat out all week at work only just got on last night but not a lot doin in f1 lotus practice so I got my BMW ready for tonites race at special stage 5 great track if all goes well.cheers Phil.b

I gather you did the same as me & lived on US time to watch Marcos Ambrose giving everyone an Asskicking at WGI on the weekend! All except AJ anyway. Lol I also did the iracing sprint cup car version 2x,and they were full length, & so now i'm seeing double even though i'm straight as the Pope! I'll see ya's during the week :-)

I gather you did the same as me & lived on US time to watch Marcos Ambrose giving everyone an Asskicking at WGI on the weekend! All except AJ anyway. Lol I also did the iracing sprint cup car version 2x,and they were full length, & so now i'm seeing double even though i'm straight as the Pope! I'll see ya's during the week :-)
Wasnt a bad weekend for Marcos in the end. Shame about the end of the sprint cup race,without all the red flags and cautions he would have been in a way better position fuel wise than AJ and Kurt. Shame, would have straight into the chase in maby his final year of nascar.

Wasnt a bad weekend for Marcos in the end. Shame about the end of the sprint cup race,without all the red flags and cautions he would have been in a way better position fuel wise than AJ and Kurt. Shame, would have straight into the chase in maby his final year of nascar.
He'll be staying at RPMotorsports i bet ya. They're only in the first year of having their own R&D program, & Marcos knows the speed will come along next season.

I hope he does, so close to an oval win would be a shame not to tick that box. Once he has his first watch the flood gates open then! Besides I dont want him back here winning championships for Ford!

Marcos Ambrose can just stay in the land of dirty drivers A.K.A ( U.S.A )
Lol, i can understand why he had that no compromise style of driving in v8's, considering nascar was his goal from day 1,he only did open wheelers beforehand cause it was the only recognised path to v8's, for him to make enough money to go over for nascar. If he'd let the v8 guys push him around, imagine what the good old boys would have done to him! Lol

Last edited:
Gents,

Unfortunately I will not be able to race tomorrow night as I have a fair bit on my plate at the moment and will see you all at Spielberg for round 6.

Good Luck Guys !!

image.jpg

Laguna Seca 18/08/14 Monday night 8:30pm EST

image.jpg

Cheers Vendal

Back