ATL AUSTRALIAN & NZ "Lotus 97T F1 Championship" Accepting entriesFinished 

• Thread starter VENDALISM
  • 331 comments
Dear Litchi,

Information was sourced from this Guy, so if you have any more questions please talk to him as he has all the answers to your questions.

His email address is masterofgt@frog.frog.frog
:odd: I thought you were a mature person who could respond correctly to a question. Connection issues is one of the biggest problem for GT players. So, if someone finds a way to improve the room's quality, it would be cool if he explains why and how this way works. Apparently, you don't want to.

Last edited:
-
Hey Vendal, seeing as you've upraded your wheel . . . do you want to sell the "spring" that you had for the pedals mate?

Hey Phil,

Email me your address and I will send it to you via Aust Post. I don't want any money for it.

When you insert the new break spring use your old brake spring as the throttle spring, as it will give you better acceleration modulation,it will take a couple of days to get adjusted to the new spring settings.

image.jpg

Cheers Vendal

:odd: I thought you were a mature person who could respond correctly to a question. Connection issues is one of the biggest problem for GT players. So, if someone finds a way to improve the room's quality, it would be cool if he explains why and how this way works. Apparently, you don't want to.

I'll try to answer. I have an IT degree and work as a programmer. Networking I've always found boring so I haven't studied it much and forgotten most of the little I have studied, but I can't see a reason why friends would improve stability per se. I suspect it stems from friend only lobbies. These lobbies open only to friends would naturally see less people come and go and of those people they would be more likely to be geographically close. Put the two together and friends only lobbies should be more stable leading to the popular belief that fiends lists aid connectability. That said its not like I've seen PSN code, I am just speculating like everyone else. There might well be something that makes it true beyond what I said above. But whatever it is, you still need to be on the friends list to get the benefit so basically what was said was true.

The major problems people face are NAT tables. Anyone with a strict NAT type will kill a room as those people can only connect to hosts that are 'open'. Most people are behind modem/routers so most people have at least moderate NAT types which can talk to each other and open types but not strict. But from what I have seen there is more going on than just NAT types. It would be awesome if the devs were more open about this stuff, at least we would not be making guesses in the dark.

The more I drive this car the more I like it. Can't believe I hated it at fist haha. Did a 1:30.9 after only a few laps, but geez my hands are hurting with this new FFB since the 1.09 patch. I think I am gripping the wheel much harder or something, I am getting calluses on my thumbs where they hook around the wheel. If I keep this up someone might accuse me of doing an honest days work.

The more I drive this car the more I like it. Can't believe I hated it at fist haha. Did a 1:30.9 after only a few laps, but geez my hands are hurting with this new FFB since the 1.09 patch. I think I am gripping the wheel much harder or something, I am getting calluses on my thumbs where they hook around the wheel. If I keep this up someone might accuse me of doing an honest days work.

I personally find this car the most rewarding car to drive out of all the cars I have raced online since GT5's release. I'm surprised at the low number of people who actually race online with the lotus.Most of the world circuits are designed specifically for cars like this.

I love the FFB on the RS500, I must admit I'm struggling and missing my gear changes due to the huge gap between the paddles and wheel.Any how the GTE should be better ?

I personally find this car the most rewarding car to drive out of all the cars I have raced online since GT5's release. I'm surprised at the low number of people who actually race online with the lotus.Most of the world circuits are designed specifically for cars like this.

I love the FFB on the RS500, I must admit I'm struggling and missing my gear changes due to the huge gap between the paddles and wheel.Any how the GTE should be better ?

Yeah its better, but you will need to get used to the paddles going around with the wheel. Sometimes when I hit a wall I take an age to find reverse because I was so used to the other shifters. Normally its no problem though.

Australian Tuning League

Lotus 97T F1 Championship

image.jpg

Nurburgring GP/F

1.nasanu 35 pts (fastest lap 1:30.049)
2.VENDALISM 35pts (pole 5pts)
3.Greasy07 25pts
4.Slotrunner 21 pts
5.barberphil 19 pts

6.fullgas62 17 pts
7.agolfer78 15 pts

Championship Standings
1.nasanu 35pts
2.VENDALISM 35pts
3.Greasy07 25pts
4.SlotRunner 21pts
5.barberphil 19 pts
6.fullgas62 17pts
7.agolfer78 15 pts
9.Dbn26
10.Meggs1
11.BuckDamo63
12.capella13b
13.mixi75

Last edited:
image.jpg

Gents,:gtpflag:

After tonight's first race of the F1 Championship,we have decided to go back to ATL's original Race Event Settings,so strategy can once again be a part of this Championship.;)

Below are current changes for the rest of the F1 season:

• FULL DAMAGE SETTINGS
  • NORMAL FUEL/TYRE DEPLETION ON
All 3 Tyre Compounds must be used during each race

Each driver for each race will have the following tyre choice:

Racing Softs = 2 Sets
Racing Mediums = 3 Sets
Racing Hards = 4 Sets

MINIMUM of 2 pit stops, unless indicated otherwise for a specific round.
ALL racing tyre compounds MUST be used, unless indicated otherwise for a specific round.

NO MIXING TYRE COMPOUNDS

(NO MIXING SETS, i.e. Softs on front and Hards on rear).

Pit lane open on lap 5. (If you need to pit beforehand due to damage, this is NOT classed as a used set of tyres). Pit lane closes with 5 laps remaining. (Get your last stop done before pit lane closes, if you need to enter pit lane due to damage in the last 5 laps, you must stay on the compound tyre you entered pit in)

TYRE REGULATIONS

Racing Hard, Mediums & Softs are available for use during a 'racing night'. A race night consists of Qualifying and Racing. However there are limits to how you use these tyres. Everyone has a limited set of Soft/Medium/Hard racing tyres

At the start of the racing night you will need to decide which tyre you qualify on.
Once you have chosen your qualifying tyre you MUST stick to that tyre.
You CANNOT change to a different tyre compound during that qualifying session.
You will also start the race on your qualifying tyre. The qualifying tyre and race start tyre count as 2 sets.
The tyre limits for each compound are;

Racing Softs = 2 Sets
Racing Mediums = 3 Sets
Racing Hards = 4 Sets

YOU MUST DO A MINIMUM OF 5 LAPS ON EACH SET OF TYRES
(including your in and out lap)

Your qualifying and race start tyre count as 2 used sets

Here is an example:
Driver A qualifies and starts on racing softs
Driver A now has 0xRS, 3xRM & 4xRH available in the race

Driver B qualifies and starts on racing mediums
Driver B now has 2xRS, 1xRM & 4xRH available in the race

In the event a driver receives damage during set changes i have allowed a buffer to combat this. If you receive damage on lap 1-3 of your new set of tyres then it will not count as a used set if you need to pit to fix damage. You may stay on that same compound. If you pit for damage on lap 5 or onwards and pit to fix the damage then that tyre will count as a used set.

YOU MUST USE AT LEAST ONE SET OF EACH COMPOUND IN THE RACE.

Now here is the important part. ALL TYRE GRADES MUST BE USED DURING A RACING NIGHT.

YOU MUST DO A MINIMUM OF 5 LAPS ON EACH SET OF TYRES (including your in and out lap)

Stewards will make a note of each drivers tyres while watching the race replay. Penalties will be handed down if you fail to comply with series rules.
Penalties can vary from warnings, point deductions and to disqualification.

We will be running practice sessions during the weeknights and weekends prior our next Monday nights race meeting.

Please let us know if you have any questions ?

Cheers Vendal :cheers:

Last edited:
Firstly, congrats Nas on a good drive . . . I know it was good as I moved out of the road twice so you could lap me! hahahaa . . . Great times were set and a good chat was held after the race . . . with the above outcome . . . I for one think this is a great idea . . . it bring strategy much more to the forefront and just being quick is not enough . . . just like in real racing . . . the full damage will stop the cowboys (not that we really have any) from banging and crashing past in the first few laps . . .
Lastly, thanks to Ven, Nas and Greasy for the help in getting me a little faster here . . . hopefully more to come speed wise . . . but having a ball and had a few good tussles in the GT500 last season and looking forward to the rest of this one!

Cheers guys!
Phil (two) hahahahahaha

Firstly, congrats Nas on a good drive . . . I know it was good as I moved out of the road twice so you could lap me! hahahaa . . . Great times were set and a good chat was held after the race . . . with the above outcome . . . I for one think this is a great idea . . . it bring strategy much more to the forefront and just being quick is not enough . . . just like in real racing . . . the full damage will stop the cowboys (not that we really have any) from banging and crashing past in the first few laps . . .
Lastly, thanks to Ven, Nas and Greasy for the help in getting me a little faster here . . . hopefully more to come speed wise . . . but having a ball and had a few good tussles in the GT500 last season and looking forward to the rest of this one!

Cheers guys!
Phil (two) hahahahahaha

I forgot to congratulate nasanu for his great drive last night,Well done m8 👍 :gtpflag:as I was trying to put together the tyre regulations for the rest of the season, and by that time it was 3am :eek: So I'm a zombie at work today:crazy: .Well done to all the other drivers for what was most part an incident free race.I was personally happy with my second placing after dropping down to 4 th position from pole.:)

Dbn26 & Mixi75 had problems entering our room and mentioned that the room was stating it was a full room.I know Greasys room had no strength bars last night and even I had problems entering the room. But I must say I don't understand why you guys don't show for the meet and greet as it's run to test out any issues, and also trying to join the race in the last minute,is also not a good idea.We had 10 drivers show up for the Saturday night meet and greet and all problems had been resolved in relation to compatibility.mixi had two weeks to send a FR to all participating drivers and decided to
do this one minute before the race start. :banghead: I hope dbn26 & mixi can join us during the weeks practice sessions so we can address their compatibility issues?

We had a few drivers who could not make the first race due to other commitments so it looks like we will have a solid grid for our next round at Spa.

Cheers Vendal

Last edited:
I got damage when i was punted off on the 1st lap, anyone save the replay?

Hey ag,

I forgot to save the replay,so if any one did can you lease have a look at ag incident and get back to me or one of the stewards (nasanu,greasy07, Vendal )

With :bowdown:Full Damage back on ag78 you will see that all drivers will be much more cautious as the consequences of running in to another car will result in warnings and point reductions. :bowdown:

The good part is all drivers in this f1 series are good and clean drivers so when an incident occurs you always know it's not deliberate but frustrating :ouch:

Yea, no probs. Wasnt really up to speed yet, hopefully will get my wheel before round 2. Those are good changes to the tyre and damage regs, will definately make it more interesting and take out some of the importance of out and out speed. What speed will tyre and fuel deg be?

Hi Ag, tyre wear and fuel degradation will be both set to "normal" settings . . . we had a couple of runs last night on Spa with RH, RM and RS and we were all pleasantly suprised at how well the different tyres performed. ie, they weren't "miles" away from each other in times . . . Should be fun!
Cheers
Phil

Great racing last night I got a great start into 3rd then greasy07 got me then I settled into race only to have a big loose down back straight and spin spin out onto track in front of slotrunner :bowdown: Then just raced to finish I'm keen for any rule changes as long as we get numbers each week got no replay for agolfer78 only contact I had was with slotrunner
Cheers Phil.b :gtpflag:

Vendal was second? On my screen he finished second last, I thought he quit the race for a while. Guess I should not be so surprised, my timing was strange all race. At one point I was third on the list but the split times were blue, then when i was first it was saying I was 14 seconds behind someone.

It was a close race at first. I thought I'd easily get pole, especially when I saw greasy's and ven's first few laps. With 10mins left I put a lap in getting the pole time which I thought would be it. Then vendal sets a good time out of nowhere, I didnt expect it. I tried to counter, I had two laps and both times I was .5 up in the first sector but both times I ended up about .8 off the pace by the end of the lap (I really suck when I know I am up on time). Well done to vendalism on getting pole, I could not match it.

On the race start I was not quite prepared, had to change the wheel rotation then keep cycling through views till I got the normal bumper cam view up. I only just got into the right view when the lights went green. I didnt get a good start but it seemed vendal got a worse one, he seemed to snap sideways in wheel spin allowing me to slip past into turn 1. I did my best to run off into the distance and hide but vendal would not go away. I made one all out effort to break him and set a lap faster than his pole time, I crossed the line and looked back thinking lets see you deal with that pace. But I was quite surprised to see him actually closer to me and then to see his name replace mine with an even faster lap...

From then on I thought vendal would cruise up and pass, I was starting to back off the pace , cool down for a few laps (because I was literally overheating, I don't know why but I burn up when I go all out) as I was starting to make lots of mistakes. My plan was just to stick to the back of him and wait to see if he fell off the track somewhere. But then all of a sudden he was gone, looking back he was a spec in a gravel trap. Was a shame because he'd broken my charge and I was driving like crap at that point, I was the one most likely to spin I thought. But that relieved the pressure and I could cruise, totally let off the hook.

I found during the race that the Lotus F1 is one car that rewards aggressive driving. Most cars you need to be smooth, wheelspin = loss of speed. But there is a absolute mountain of time to be gained in this car by drifting it around corners. Its really hard though, too much throttle and you slide too much either spinning or having to correct. Too little and you understeer off. But its a thing of beauty when you get that little bit of wheel spin pushing the rear around just enough to take the corner faster than normal. Beautiful car. Roll on Spa.

Oh and a track position opened up (I personally morn the loss of Monaco, one of my favs) and it was not instafilled by Grand Valley?... That is an outrage :P

Last edited:
Vendal was second? On my screen he finished second last, I thought he quit the race for a while. Guess I should not be so surprised, my timing was strange all race. At one point I was third on the list but the split times were blue, then when i was first it was saying I was 14 seconds behind someone.

It was a close race at first. I thought I'd easily get pole, especially when I saw greasy's and ven's first few laps. With 10mins left I put a lap in getting the pole time which I thought would be it. Then vendal sets a good time out of nowhere, I didnt expect it. I tried to counter, I had two laps and both times I was .5 up in the first sector but both times I ended up about .8 off the pace by the end of the lap (I really suck when I know I am up on time). Well done to vendalism on getting pole, I could not match it.

On the race start I was not quite prepared, had to change the wheel rotation then keep cycling through views till I got the normal bumper cam view up. I only just got into the right view when the lights went green. I didnt get a good start but it seemed vendal got a worse one, he seemed to snap sideways in wheel spin allowing me to slip past into turn 1. I did my best to run off into the distance and hide but vendal would not go away. I made one all out effort to break him and set a lap faster than his pole time, I crossed the line and looked back thinking lets see you deal with that pace. But I was quite surprised to see him actually closer to me and then to see his name replace mine with an even faster lap...

From then on I thought vendal would cruise up and pass, I was starting to back off the pace , cool down for a few laps (because I was literally overheating, I don't know why but I burn up when I go all out) as I was starting to make lots of mistakes. My plan was just to stick to the back of him and wait to see if he fell off the track somewhere. But then all of a sudden he was gone, looking back he was a spec in a gravel trap. Was a shame because he'd broken my charge and I was driving like crap at that point, I was the one most likely to spin I thought. But that relieved the pressure and I could cruise, totally let off the hook.

I found during the race that the Lotus F1 is one car that rewards aggressive driving. Most cars you need to be smooth, wheelspin = loss of speed. But there is a absolute mountain of time to be gained in this car by drifting it around corners. Its really hard though, too much throttle and you slide too much either spinning or having to correct. Too little and you understeer off. But its a thing of beauty when you get that little bit of wheel spin pushing the rear around just enough to take the corner faster than normal. Beautiful car. Roll on Spa.

Oh and a track position opened up (I personally morn the loss of Monaco, one of my favs) and it was not instafilled by Grand Valley?... That is an outrage :P
Yes, Grand Valley 300 revival!

I

I too morn our loss.....

it's a bit of mind flip . . .

when you're into the time trip . . .

and racing . . . will never be the ssssssaaaaaaammmmmeeee!!!

hahahahahahaha

Excelle

excellent, have you msgd everyone on psn? Do you think a 2nd hand gt pro cockpit with g 25 wheel for 400 is a good deal?

Hey ag,

We created this ATL thread as it's the most easy way for us to communicate all relevant race event information to all drivers so we don't have to use PSN's basic messaging interface.All participating drivers should regularly check for updates.

I think $400 is not a bad deal as the price of racing rigs/cockpits has come down a fair bit given the amount of new manufactures that have entered the market over the last couple of years. I remember paying 2k for my Vision Racer VR3 back in 2010 and that was with no wheel or pedals.:banghead:

image.jpg

Launch it ag ! ;)

Gents,

Please remember we have amended a few race regulations and settings for the remainder of this season.

• FULL DAMAGE SETTINGS
  • NORMAL FUEL/TYRE DEPLETION ON
All 3 Tyre Compounds must be used during each race

Each driver for each race will have the following tyre choice:

Racing Softs = 2 Sets
Racing Mediums = 3 Sets
Racing Hards = 4 Sets

MINIMUM of 2 pit stops, unless indicated otherwise for a specific round.
ALL racing tyre compounds MUST be used, unless indicated otherwise for a specific round.

NO MIXING TYRE COMPOUNDS

Pit lane open on lap 5. (If you need to pit beforehand due to damage, this is NOT classed as a used set of tyres). Pit lane closes with 5 laps remaining. (Get your last stop done before pit lane closes, if you need to enter pit lane due to damage in the last 5 laps, you must stay on the compound tyre you entered pit in)

TYRE REGULATIONS

Racing Hard, Mediums & Softs are available for use during a 'racing night'. A race night consists of Qualifying and Racing. However there are limits to how you use these tyres. Everyone has a limited set of Soft/Medium/Hard racing tyres

At the start of the racing night you will need to decide which tyre you qualify on.
Once you have chosen your qualifying tyre you MUST stick to that tyre.
You CANNOT change to a different tyre compound during that qualifying session.
You will also start the race on your qualifying tyre. The qualifying tyre and race start tyre count as 2 sets.
The tyre limits for each compound are;

Racing Softs = 2 Sets
Racing Mediums = 3 Sets
Racing Hards = 4 Sets

(including your in and out lap)

Your qualifying and race start tyre count as 2 used sets

Here is an example:
Driver A qualifies and starts on racing softs
Driver A now has 0xRS, 3xRM & 4xRH available in the race

Driver B qualifies and starts on racing mediums
Driver B now has 2xRS, 1xRM & 4xRH available in the race

In the event a driver receives damage during set changes i have allowed a buffer to combat this. If you receive damage on lap 1-3 of your new set of tyres then it will not count as a used set if you need to pit to fix damage. You may stay on that same compound. If you pit for damage on lap 5 or onwards and pit to fix the damage then that tyre will count as a used set.

YOU MUST USE AT LEAST ONE SET OF EACH COMPOUND IN THE RACE.

Now here is the important part. ALL TYRE GRADES MUST BE USED DURING A RACING NIGHT.

YOU MUST DO A MINIMUM OF 5 LAPS ON EACH SET OF TYRES (including your in and out lap)

Stewards will make a note of each drivers tyres while watching the race replay. Penalties will be handed down if you fail to comply with series rules.
Penalties can vary from warnings, point deductions and to disqualification.

We will be running practice sessions during the weeknights and weekends prior our next Monday nights race meeting.

Please let us know if you have any questions ?

Cheers Vendal :cheers:
image.jpg

image.jpg

ROUND 2 - 21/07/2014. Monday Night 8pm EST
TRACK: SPA Circuit LAPS: 34

View attachment 174629

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 5
I'll try to answer. I have an IT degree and work as a programmer. Networking I've always found boring so I haven't studied it much and forgotten most of the little I have studied, but I can't see a reason why friends would improve stability per se. I suspect it stems from friend only lobbies. These lobbies open only to friends would naturally see less people come and go and of those people they would be more likely to be geographically close. Put the two together and friends only lobbies should be more stable leading to the popular belief that fiends lists aid connectability. That said its not like I've seen PSN code, I am just speculating like everyone else. There might well be something that makes it true beyond what I said above. But whatever it is, you still need to be on the friends list to get the benefit so basically what was said was true.

The major problems people face are NAT tables. Anyone with a strict NAT type will kill a room as those people can only connect to hosts that are 'open'. Most people are behind modem/routers so most people have at least moderate NAT types which can talk to each other and open types but not strict. But from what I have seen there is more going on than just NAT types. It would be awesome if the devs were more open about this stuff, at least we would not be making guesses in the dark.

This is correct,but it is only part of the issue
Everyone needs to do the following to eliminate the issues.

1: Put a static IP address on their PS3
2: Set the router to run the PS3 signal through the DMZ(Demilitarized Zone) to remove the firewalls inside the router.You don't need them as the PSN has it's own,that's why you have to sign in
3:Enter the following port numbers in the Port forwarding/virtual server.80,443,465,983,3478,3658,5223,10070. They need to be set to both TCP & UDP Various applications can block specific local computers from accessing the net via IP address. They can also block specific TCP or UDPports such as the ports used by the PSN,creating issues. Essentially there are 8 ports,each for 2 connections,this is why it is normally 2 people that have issues at the same time. When you get your router,it is configured for general use,and some of the above ports can be nominated for web protocols,blocking it for the PSN.e.g. My NetcommWireless NB604N had Ports 80 & 3478 nominated for web protocols,blocking them to the PSN,and taking out 4 people. Before i had them setup,i always found lobbies i hosted
went fine until the numbers reached 10-12.
This link takes you to a database of 10,000's of make/model routers,with step by step screenshot instructions of what to do,where & how. http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/default.htm
You don't need to download the checker programme,just follow the instructions & all will be good,but remember you have to use the PS3 IP address.
4:The main benefit of all being on each others friends list is to be using friends only rooms on unfixed ownership,which only works well if all are on each others list. Instability will be created though if some don't have their NAT of at least 2.

The only other thing is that privacy settings cannot be set "on" in anyway,shape or form. The person with them on will not be visible to anyone that they aren't friends with,but they will receive lag punts & damage from the "private" person.

In case some didn't know,Mobile Broadband is NOT an acceptable way to connect.Although it may work,lag & incompatibility will always be an issue,for many reasons,but primarily due to inconsistent ping,bandshift & network congestion.If anyone doesn't believe me,please feel free to call Playstation Support,they will confirm that MBB is not officially supported by the PSN

Back