ATL AUSTRALIAN & NZ "Lotus 97T F1 Championship" Accepting entriesFinished 

• Thread starter VENDALISM
  • 331 comments
Wait so when I got past you that would have been for the lead?... Crazy. At that point I thought you were close to last (which is why I was not fussed about pitting as soon as I passed with still fresh tyres), Greasy was off into the distance and I was just going to go for a safety pit to cover off mixi for second.

My race started out well enough, though I was a little slow into the first turn. See I have to go through a start procedure (to setup my wheel mainly). As soon as the car is on track I have to hold two buttons on the wheel, wait for flashes on an LED, then hold them down again and wait again. Then I have to cycle though views to get back to the view I use. I was still cycling views going into the first turn and I braked early for fear of breaking too late. I think I may have caused some moments behind, not sure.

But then all was going to plan. Vendalism left me alone then droped right down the order, I thought he got into an accident. By lap 8 or so I had something like a 25 second lead to Greasy with tyres in the 6s, another 4 laps to make my 3 stop strategy was no problem, this race was in the bag.

By lap 11 I was 6 seconds a lap off the pace and getting much slower, on lap 12 I knew at this rate I was going to emerge from the pits well behind Greasy who pitted before me and was getting a massive undercut. I thought I was being a pussy on my 2 out of 10 rear tyres and figured I should just go flat out in the high speed stuff as the downforce would just stick it. One four wheel slide across the tack later and a trip to the barrier saw me limping back to the pits with cars streaming past me. When I did get back to the pits I made a fueling mistake meaning I would be slow in the next stint also. From this point on the race is a bit of a blur. I know I was angry about how I through my race away when I pitted again to get softs and set some crazy fast laps after that. But then I started to come up to lapped traffic and kept getting into trouble.

I think I hit everyone at some stage apart from Greasy and Vendalism. One was totally my fault.. Kind of. Near the end of the race fullgas was in front entering turn 1. I braked early enough to chose to go either side of him but then his car lagged jumping out at me for a second. I just kind of froze when it happened and headed straight for him smacking him in the back.

And there was another driver.. I can't remember who but again in turn 1 we touched. I closed up and was going to stay behind but then he hung out wide and I thought he was waiting for me so I ducked under and we hit wheel to wheel on the apex. Just one of those things.

And I remember one lap I made what I thought was a brilliant if cheeky pass at rivage, slipped up the inside when the car in front drifted wide but then he came back down and hit me.. :( I thought I was lapping him and if so (my timing was screwed up, maybe I it was for position?..) he really should have just relented.

Another pass on a lapped car around near turn 16 on that really fast section almost ended in total disaster. I am not sure if I confused him or if he really was trying to squeeze me off the track, but really if you are being lapped, pick a side and don't fight it. We bumped wheels and I had two wheels on the grass at top speed.

Anyway it was still fun. Strategy pays in this series, that is a nice change. Though passing is hard. If you are on softs with max downforce and you come up on someone running less downforce and RH its almost impossible. You fly at them in the braking zones like bullets as if to ram them. If you back off trying to be safe you can lose large chunks of time.

No ...when you passed me I was till in front of you according to info on my screen.(I think)
In relation to setting the steering angle on your wheel.From what I understand and do, you only have to set it one time after the game is initially turned on not every time you enter a circuit/race ?

No ...when you passed me I was till in front of you according to info on my screen.(I think)
In relation to setting the steering angle on your wheel.From what I understand and do, you only have to set it one time after the game is initially turned on not every time you enter a circuit/race ?

I have to set my wheel anytime a screen comes up, like the pit in screen or if I press pause. Try setting your wheel, then pressing pause, then setting your wheel again.

I have to set my wheel anytime a screen comes up, like the pit in screen or if I press pause. Try setting your wheel, then pressing pause, then setting your wheel again.

Below is a paragraph from the Software Development Kit info I sent you.

"Changing the angle of rotation manually does not permanently save the change = you must repeat the procedure each time the game restarts"

"Changing the angle of rotation manually does not permanently save the change = you must repeat the procedure each time the game restarts"

But the game is not restarting at all, just putting a menu overlay up?... Maybe its just a bug but I can set my wheel to three flashing lights, then if I hit pause or enter the pits and press mode left again I'll get four lights not two.

Hopefully I didnt hold anyone up after my first pitstop. I realised then that i didnt have mediums so im guessing thats a dq. Was interesting driving around waiting for traffic and trying to work at the best line to take to let them pass. This car is a beast for me with the ds3 and no tc but that should be sorted soon, to late for spa though which is a shame.

Ive got a replay and had a pretty good look at the Nas and Megs incident and it is a tough one. Nas was lapping Megs which needs to be taken into account but he probably squeezed Megs a little and didnt seem to be far enough up, Megs had no where to go. Megs had his own battle going on and according to my replay had quiet a bit of damage so would have been much slower than Nas. I think you have to move for the leaders but they have to be safe aswell. Looked like lag may have been an issue too. Tough one, I think it should be no further action or both drivers warned with a points penalty resulting if either driver are involved in a similar incident in the next race. Its a good lesson for us all though I think

What wheel is this with?

O yea Ven, did you know it was me that cleaned you up at the end of Eau Rouge on your warm down lap? Came out flat on an almost brand new set of softs and whamo!

Hi Nas, sorry if I lagged mate!! I saw you coming and thought . . . . wow . . . that is late on the brakes and then bang! No worries mate, we both limped back to the pits! But it makes sense now that you've said that . . . I normally get a bit of lag from Meggs . . . but most others seemed OK? Cheers Phil (PS: Was on with SlotRunner praccy on Suzuka last night)!! This is going to be a wicked race as well!

But the game is not restarting at all, just putting a menu overlay up?... Maybe its just a bug but I can set my wheel to three flashing lights, then if I hit pause or enter the pits and press mode left again I'll get four lights not two.

Strange...

Have you got a microphone nas? Let's do some testing with this steering angel issue in a room and we can have a chat about it ?

i will post on our auslot forum and see if we can get a few more runners hopefully the slow ones if thats ok vendalism
cheers phil.b

Hey Phil B,

Good idea M8 it would be good to have a full grid.Please ask any new drivers who want to join to make sure they read and understand the rules and regulations of our league as well as following the below PS3 and router/modem settings to minimise lag and other in game issues that can cause all participating drivers big problems during race time.

Gents,

As Derek mentioned in a earlier post....

Can we all please make sure we have the following settings & specific ports setup on your router so we can minimise any compatibility and connection issues ?

quote="Derek Nickels, post: 9890566, member: 257144"]This is correct,but it is only part of the issue
Everyone needs to do the following to eliminate the issues.

1: Put a static IP address on their PS3
2: Set the router to run the PS3 signal through the DMZ(Demilitarized Zone) to remove the firewalls inside the router.Youdon't need them as the PSN has it's own,that's why you have to sign in
3:Enter the following port numbers in the Port forwarding/virtual server.80,443,465,983,3478,3658,5223,10070. They need to be set to both TCP & UDP Various applications can block specific local computers from accessing the net via IP address. They can also block specific TCP or UDPports such as the ports used by the PSN,creating issues. Essentially there are 8 ports,each for 2 connections,this is why it is normally 2 people that have issues at the same time. When you get your router,it is configured for general use,and some of the above ports can be nominated for web protocols,blocking it for the PSN.e.g. My NetcommWireless NB604N had Ports 80 & 3478 nominated for web protocols,blocking them to the PSN,and taking out 4 people. Before i had them setup,i always found lobbies i hosted
went fine until the numbers reached 10-12.
This link takes you to a database of 10,000's of make/model routers,with step by step screenshot instructions of what to do,where & how. http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/default.htm
You don't need to download the checker programme,just follow the instructions & all will be good,but remember you have to use the PS3 IP address.
4:The main benefit of all being on each others friends list is to be using friends only rooms on unfixed ownership,which only works well if all are on each others list. Instability will be created though if some don't have their NAT of at least 2.

The only other thing is that privacy settings cannot be set "on" in anyway,shape or form. The person with them on will not be visible to anyone that they aren't friends with,but they will receive lag punts & damage from the "private" person.

In case some didn't know,Mobile Broadband is NOT an acceptable way to connect.Although it may work,lag & incompatibility will always be an issue,for many reasons,but primarily due to inconsistent ping,bandshift & networkcongestion.If anyone doesn't believe me,please feel free to call Playstation Support,they will confirm that MBB is not officially supported by the PSN[/quote]

Hi Nas, sorry if I lagged mate!! I saw you coming and thought . . . . wow . . . that is late on the brakes and then bang! No worries mate, we both limped back to the pits! But it makes sense now that you've said that . . . I normally get a bit of lag from Meggs . . . but most others seemed OK? Cheers Phil (PS: Was on with SlotRunner praccy on Suzuka last night)!! This is going to be a wicked race as well!

I only noticed the lag just that once, and it was not really a problem, just distracted me.

But yeah, I seemed to brake much, much later than most. Passing was so hard to judge. We are at Suzuka next? Awesome. I love that track. I want to win this one.

Strange...

Have you got a microphone nas? Let's do some testing with this steering angel issue in a room and we can have a chat about it ?

I'll setup my mic next time we are on. Today I have to sort out a car for the GT championship.

View attachment 190451

RACE INCIDENTS CURRENTLY UNDER INVESTIGATION

• Race Incident 1: At Race start just before entry in to La Source,involving Greasy & Mixi resulting in Mixi going of the circuit.

• Race Incident 2:Lap 20 At Campus,involving nasanu and Meggs resulting in Meggs going of the circuit.

• Race Incident 3: Last lap at the end of Kemmel,involving Greasy and VEN resulting in VEN receiving damage to his car while leading the race.

Gents please remember we all must comply with ATL's Race Rules & Regulations and Penalties System.

9: PENALTIES

Penalties will be handed out when the situation calls for it. If you see an incident you wish to be looked over, send a PM on
to a steward and they will review the replay (please include what lap it happened on and who the victim/accused was). Penalties can be handed out for a number of offences, ranging from dangerous driving to holding up a car trying to lap you.
Race Disqualification: This will occur for gross misconduct. I.e. not pitting, etc.
10 -25 second penalty: Dangerous driving, causing multiple incidents, etc.
50 second penalty: Absurd dangerous driving, causing totally avoidable incidents, etc.

"Race Hard but Clean & Redress mistakes immediately,Easy!" :bowdown:

Because if we don't we all might as well be racing in public lobbies :banghead:

Race incident findings will be announced tomorrow.

RACE INCIDENT FINDINGS FROM ROUND 2: SPA CIRCUIT

A warning has been issued to the following drivers.Any future incidents involving the same drivers again if at fault, will result in 10 - 25 second penalties being in forced.

Greasy07:for causing multiple incidents resulting in two drivers exiting the circuit and losing race positions.

nasanu: for one incident causing a driver to exit the circuit and lose race position.

The above findings are based on ATL's Race Rules under section 9:

Last edited:
Was that while lapping or for position? If while lapping I think all fault should be on the lapped car, they need to move out of the way rather than to desperately defend. But if for position I'd love to see the reply. My memory was that it was a good tough pass but my memory may not agree with reality.

Can anyone send me the replay?

Was that while lapping or for position? If while lapping I think all fault should be on the lapped car, they need to move out of the way rather than to desperately defend. But if for position I'd love to see the reply. My memory was that it was a good tough pass but my memory may not agree with reality.

I think it was a little lag and that's all was just behind me check my rear view and see nas go off

Hey nas,

At no stage on lap 20 was Meggs defending his position when you were behind him.He moved to the right side of the circuit and gave you plenty of room to overtake.You carried way too much entry speed in to that specific part of the circuit resulting in you hitting his car and pushing him off the circuit.

The same warning would have been handed out to Meggs if he had been the cause of the incident....
It's just a game but we must play it by the rules and I'm sure there will be more warnings handed out during the remainder of the season that's just a part of clean racing.

I can't export files from my ps3.

Can someone send nas the replay please ?

:cheers: Vendal

Last edited:
Hey nas,

At no stage on lap 20 was Meggs defending his position when you were behind him.He moved to the right side of the circuit and gave you plenty of room to overtake.You carried way too much entry speed in to that specific part of the circuit resulting in you hitting his car and pushing him off the circuit.

The same warning would have been handed out to Meggs if he had been the cause of the incident....
It's just a game but we must play it by the rules and I'm sure there will be more warnings handed out during the remainder of the season that's just a part of clean racing.

I can't export files from my ps3.

Can someone send nas the replay please ?

:cheers: Vendal

Its not big deal and I don't want the decision reversed or anything, its just different from my memory so I am very curious. And I don't like being a dirty driver so if I did drive like that then I want to take it on board and adjust my style. But to do that I need to be convinced of what happened first, right now I am in no way convinced I went in too fast, but I can't be certain. I want to compare my entry speed there with my other laps when I was on similar pace. That will be really telling (should be about the same or 5ks higher consider its an overtake). Also this seems related to what I was complaining about above in a few posts. The closing speed was huge. It could easily look like I went in too fast, but it seemed to me that everyone was braking dangerously early.

Do you have a USB drive? If so you can stick it in the PS3 and export the replay file via the XMB. I really wanna see my shame or vindication haha :P

Funny-Stupid-54.jpg

Hi All . . . went to download the latest version 1.10 (i only have a 12gb PS3) - guess what . . . after deleting everything - it still won't frigging fit!!! So now i'll have to go out and buy a HDD and mount bracket . . . - any idea where i can get this from over the weekend - live on the Central Coast NSW - but will go to Sydney . . . bloody frustrating because to play online you have to upgrade!!!!

Back