Audi R18 help

• Thread starter Rich S
  • 41 comments
At least medium tires is my suggestion. 570hp at least is close to the real power. No way its closer to 500hp than it is 600hp.

Use this tune, 740hp (Install High RPM Turbo then limit) and max downforce. You will be able to match real life lap times and telemetry (mostly).

I also set camber to 0.0 but see how it controls for you.

Racing Soft, I worked out very early on that they were the only tires that might get me even close to a 3:30 time in the R18.

There is a way to get "close" lap times, without full power and max downforce.. I will post the tune as soon as I get on tonight.

However, I cannot give you the driving skills required to maintain such times, as it is hard to do when compared to the R8.

Also, it works best on racing mediums, as RS slows the car down for me a little.

Thanks I'd appreciate it. I'm getting closer. Down to a 3:38:173, but the car is such a handful. Very hard to drive. By the way that's running 550hp, so hopefully your setup can push me down to a low 3:30 where I'll be satisfied.

So in my mind the R18 is just to slow in a straight line in this game. At the 2011 24 hours of Le Mans the pole was 3:25.7 for this car, the fastest of all of em.... In GT6 I cannot for the life of me even after lowering downforce get better than a 3:30.xx in TT mode and online I imagine a good clean race lap is closer to 3:40-42. I notice top speed is no where near where it should be as I can only do 191 mph down the straight on half the max wing level. With full wing its a struggle to break 186 mph. I think the real car went over 220 mph if I'm not mistaken. Why is this? Did PD not let you use the KERS system or the "boost" button or whatever you call it?

By comparison with the Delta wing just zooms along. The delta just seems like it has exaggerated grip levels in relation the the LMP machines which really are the fastest sports cars out there. I know in the past gran Turismo has had unrealistic performances, but usually that meant cars going too fast, not the other way around! So what's the deal here, does the car just not have the KERS funtional lowering the straight line power?

I was thinking it could be that Kaz (GT's founder) has something against Audi as the GT3 Audi is also rather slow in the game yet destroys the competition in real life. What do you guys think? Is it possible for me to do a 3:25 on Sarthe with tuning (not turbo, default power with the right suspension/downforce/gears).

the fastest i've seen yet is a 3:36.XXX going over 206 mph i believe, with all settings set to real and fuel/ tires on fast

Today I'm racing this car online for a 2 hours race at Silverstone.

The spec is 585 hp with stage 1 turbo, on stock I think I'd be in 47.xx range for my best lap. With the extra power it does more realistic 1:45-47 on most laps. We can use any tire but I doubt I'll use mediums for more than a few laps as it just wears the same as soft and has less grip. Same as GT5 tires. :lol: I'm hoping I can eventually get the low speed snap oversteer out of it but I couldn't find anything that didn't compromise overall speed so I will just have to catch it every lap below 60 mph which is only a couple times per lap.

Last edited:
I'm trying very hard to keep the hp to no more than 540-550hp & set a reasonably realistic time. The 3:38 I set is yet to be matched by myself let alone beat. All I've been doing since is high 3:39's. It was just a freak lap, and what I really want to see is consistent 3:35's, that would be good enough for me given I'm not much of a driver.

Sorry but it won't happen.... The car is too much on a high DF= low speed and you need DF to set those consistent laps...
The real problem is the fact that you can rev to 7000 rpm when the car can only really hit 5000 or so

Back