Audi R18, Porsche 919 Hybrid and More Arrives in Season 2 Update for iRacing

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by GTPNewsWire, Mar 8, 2018.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

The huge, huge patch notes, courtesy of the folks at RaceDepartment:

dice1998 likes this.
  3. BrandonW77

BrandonW77

Patch out today, pretty substantial one too from the looks of it. I know there were some complaints about the new IndyCar, looks like they addressed most/all of them.

4. Corsa

Corsa Premium

Is iRacing worth it?
    I'm reading steam reviews with many complaints about price.
    My main concern is the simulation. How is the FFB, physics, etc?
    I visited the official website, currently 40% off I guess I could give it a try for a month at $7.98.
    I'm really enjoying R3E, does it compare?
    Any thoughts or advice is appreciated

5. BSDShoes

BSDShoes

If you got the pocket for it, yes it's the best experience to have and a wide range of different types of race series to get into. But once you get out of rookie you'll have to start spending money on tracks and some cars and just stick to one series for a while which can be cheaper that way.

Corsa and Roush_fan_99 like this.
  6. Roush_fan_99

Roush_fan_99

The worth is dependent upon your mindset. If you go into it looking for another racing game, it will be too expensive. But if you are looking for quality racing, it doesn't get better than the league communities in iRacing. The public official races are marginally better than other games due to the safety rating system. The physics are something that you'll have to try for yourself, just be sure to give it some time to adapt. When I switched it was pretty drastic of a switch.

Corsa likes this.
  7. Corsa

Corsa Premium

I've spent all my iRacing money on Rfactor2 and R3E dlc this weekend. Perhaps will look at it in the future, thanks guys.

8. Xiamoto

Xiamoto Premium

iRacing is easily worth it for me, but not as a standalone sim. AC, pCars2 and iRacing each have their strong points so I find myself splitting time between them all.

The price of iRacing is exactly why I like it....the little Johnny's of the world can't afford to play........ :tup:

Twstcrv likes this.