Aussies/Kiwis : Monday Night Racing

• Thread starter Rypien
  • 1,110 comments
there is an EVENTS UPDATE this week have you not noticed the news

Bugger. Might have to rethink things then :crazy: Never read those updates ...... too busy playing games :sly: If the updates come then obviously things will change. Bugger.

I've updated the session info to indicate a possible change in plans due to the update, and i've also edited the opening post of this thread to indicate possible future races and how to navigate this thread.

Last edited:
yea update is on friday!!!

So when we see what the new events are we will have to come up with new races.

I think you should just pick one track/car(s) combo

Different car every race will mean nobody will be very fast

EDIT: Apparently there is a race events GT5:P update happening sometime this week which would obviously mess up these race plans. Will wait and see when they will take effect and if things need changing then i'll update this post asap

Ok lads. My last effort was poorly thought out and organised, but even with that quite a few drivers enjoyed some racing. I've got a couple of Monday evenings free over the next few weeks (2nd and 16th March) and am looking forward to getting in some more racing. So i'd like to give it another chance to do the other night over and get it right. Will definately get some more elaborate races sorted for the 16th, but for this one i just want to try what we did the other night and do it properly.

Almost the same as the last lot of races, but with more time in between races and some tweaked car choices. Lets see if i can get it right this time eh :roll:

EVENT - Expert Class PP650 Fuji Speedway F / PRO / 10laps

DATE - 2nd March

TIME - 8:03pm start (GMT +10)

SYNCRONISED START TIMES - 8:03 / 8:33 / 9:03 / 9:33 / 10:03

RULES/RESTRICTIONS/COMMENTS
- NO race tyres allowed!!!!!!!!!!! (S3 only)
- Drive cleanly *duh*
- Dont get discouraged if we encounter 'random' idiots on the servers (most randoms will be on Race Tyres anyways)
- Dont get discouraged if lag raises its ugly head (if its bad please try and keep a good gap between you and others)
- You may miss a scheduled race start time (dont stress, just take a break and join in next race start)
- Tune the car settings as you wish (unless otherwise stated).
- TCS (can be used for race starts only, unless otherwise stated)
- ABS optional
- Keep it civilised gents. Dont drive to win at all costs. Keep it competitive but most of all keep it clean and fun.

RACE 1 @ 8'03pm (GMT +10)
CAR - Audi R8
COMMENTS - S3 tyres only. Tune the car all the way up to 650PP and set her up the way you like.

RACE 2 @ 8'33pm (GMT +10)
CAR - Ferrari F430
COMMENTS - S3 Tyres only. Tune the car all the way up to 650PP and set her up the way you like.

RACE 3 @ 9'03pm (GMT +10)
CAR - Open
COMMENTS - S3 Tyres only. Tune the car all the way up to 650PP and set her up the way you like. Pick whatever car you like, it could be the Audi or Ferrari again, but i'd like to encourage guys to pick a car that they have a genuine interest in. It does not have to be the fastest, but as long as you have some fun in your ride of choice. Even if you know you car is a bag of ***** ... if you like it then choose it. Keep your car choice a secret and come out and have some fun ;)

RACE 4 @ 9'33pm (GMT +10)
CAR - Mazda Rx8
COMMENTS - S3 Tyres only. Do NOT adjust anything on the car. Keep it all stock standard. The only thing you need to do is turn OFF TCS, and make sure it has S3 tyres. Leave the rest alone, dont tune anything. DO NOT USE TCS AT START LINE EITHER. I wanna see some smoke baby!

RACE 5 @ 10'03pm (GMT +10)
CAR - Mazda Rx7
COMMENTS - S3 Tyres only. Do NOT adjust anything on the car. Keep it all stock standard. The only thing you need to do is turn OFF TCS, and make sure it has S3 tyres. Leave the rest alone, dont tune anything. DO NOT USE TCS AT STARTLINE EITHER. I wanna see some smoke baby!

Well, thats it. A bit of a re-hash from last mondays racing, but this time with improved time management and some change in car choices i hope to sqeeze some more fun out of the Fuji event before moving onto something new for march 16th.

Feel free to post comments, suggestions, or indeed interest :steer .

I'm really keen to keep it limited to Australian and New Zealand drivers. Limits lag and gives it a local flavour. So if you are an international driver from the GTP please try another race start time or event and give us Southern Hemisphere guys a chance to mingle.

Looks very thought out, to bad for the updates coming.
looking foward to some good racing :). Only problem is i got to figure out what the time difference is because im in adelaide lol.

yea update is on friday!!!

So when we see what the new events are we will have to come up with new races.

I think you should just pick one track/car(s) combo

Different car every race will mean nobody will be very fast

I'll see what the new update is and adjust accordingly. Might be minor adjustments, could be something bigger. I'd like to be able to keep Fuji as the racetrack, and if possible the cars. But will have to wait and see what PD dishes up.

Whatever it is, its all about having some simple no hassle fun. Dont take the races too seriously :cool:

Last edited:
Ok, now that the event update has happened, i've been able to adjust the races and here she is. I've kept Fuji as the track of choice, and although the car lineup has changed, i think that it will provide some good racing. Being only 5 lap races (roughly 10min), there is plenty of time in between race starts to be able to have a good break, do a couple of practice laps, or whatever you want.

Hope to see you guys on track :)

EVENT - Expert Class PP550 / RWD / Fuji Speedway F / PRO / 5laps

DATE - 2nd March

TIME - 8:03pm start (GMT +10)

SYNCRONISED START TIMES - 8:03 / 8:23 / 8:43 / 9:03 / 9:23 / 9:43 / 10:03

RULES/RESTRICTIONS/COMMENTS
- NO race tyres allowed!!!!!!!!!!! (S3 only for ALL races)
- Drive cleanly *duh*
- Dont get discouraged if we encounter 'random' idiots on the servers (most randoms will be on Race Tyres anyways)
- Dont get discouraged if lag raises its ugly head (if its bad please try and keep a good gap between you and others)
- You may miss a scheduled race start time (dont stress, just take a break and join in next race start)
- Tune the car settings as you wish (unless otherwise stated).
- TCS (see individual race comments below)
- ABS optional
- Keep it civilised gents. Dont drive to win at all costs. Keep it competitive but most of all keep it clean and fun.

RACE 1 @ 8'03pm (GMT +10)
CAR - Mazda Rx8 TypeS '07
COMMENTS - S3 Tyres only. Do NOT adjust anything on the car. Keep it all stock standard. The only thing you need to do is turn OFF TCS, and make sure it has S3 tyres. Leave the rest alone, dont tune or adjust anything. DO NOT USE TCS AT START LINE EITHER. I wanna see some smoke baby!

RACE 2 @ 8'23pm (GMT +10)
CAR - Mazda Rx7 Spirit R TypeA '02
COMMENTS - S3 Tyres only. Do NOT adjust anything on the car (although you will need to either add weight or decrease power so as to get the car to 550PP ..... it comes 552 standard). Keep all other settings stock standard. The only thing you need to do is turn OFF TCS, and make sure it has S3 tyres. Leave the rest alone, dont tune anything. DO NOT USE TCS AT START LINE EITHER.

RACE 3 @ 8'43pm (GMT +10)
CAR - Rx8 or Rx7 (your choice)
COMMENTS - S3 Tyres only. Tune the car all the way up to 550PP and adjust any setting you like. TCS is optional

RACE 4 @ 9'03pm (GMT +10)
CAR - OPEN
COMMENTS - S3 Tyres only. Tune the car all the way up to 550PP and adjust any setting you like. TCS is optional.

RACE 5 @ 9'23pm (GMT +10)
CAR - OPEN
COMMENTS - S3 Tyres only. Tune the car all the way up to 550PP and adjust any setting you like. TCS is optional.

RACE 6 @ 9'43pm (GMT +10)
CAR - OPEN

RACE 7 @ 10'03pm (GMT +10)
CAR - Mazda Rx8
COMMENTS - S3 Tyres only. Do NOT adjust anything on the car. Keep it all stock standard. The only thing you need to do is turn OFF TCS, and make sure it has S3 tyres. Leave the rest alone, dont tune anything. DO NOT USE TCS AT START LINE EITHER.

Last edited:
I'd be interested.

I'll probably be racing Suzuki Swift cup tonight if anyone wants to join me. Trust me it's fantastic. I had a couple of races with TiZzla earlier and we were passing each other at every corner. It was so fun.

Race 7 has been changed (for the last time :sly:). You now use the stock Rx8 (the same one used for race 1). Start with a rotary, end with a rotary :)

Gday boys. Looking forward to some good racing again this evening. I know there are 4 or 5 TORC guys all ready to have some fun, so hopefully the matchmaking is kind and we can all get on the same grid regularly.

c yas tonight 👍

Gday boys. Looking forward to some good racing again this evening. I know there are 4 or 5 TORC guys all ready to have some fun, so hopefully the matchmaking is kind and we can all get on the same grid regularly.

c yas tonight 👍

yep should be good, everyone should get the cars ready before racing starts because we still wont have much time between races

hmmmm i think underbelly is on at that time!!!!!
what will the time be in adelaide of the first race if it is +9:30 here

Top Gear is on in that time tonight. May be able to race depeding on how my internet goes.

cmon its only topgear, record it!!

you should be able to connect to me fine.

Yeah, I always record it and watch it another night. I'll try and connect tonight. Didn't work last week.

I need to get my cars ready and print off the list of what time to use certain cars.

so how many gtpers are going to be there? given the size of this community there should be more of us than the TORC boys!

I won't be there, sorry guys. Too much homework and pretty tired. I will get there one day...

Apoligies all! I started an hour early (daylight saving...should of thought of that :()
Hence I was in an RX-7 in the first race, I let you all pass at the end once again my apoligies.

Ready for the second race it seems :) Catch you all there. (And hopefully that idiot in the Clio who was ramming isn't there..)

Apoligies all! I started an hour early (daylight saving...should of thought of that :()
Hence I was in an RX-7 in the first race, I let you all pass at the end once again my apoligies.

Ready for the second race it seems :) Catch you all there. (And hopefully that idiot in the Clio who was ramming isn't there..)

haha that made me laugh how you were in the rx7, but the guy in the clio - not so much :grumpy:

Coming on for the 10.03 guys in the RX7.
The only Fuji is in expert is 550pp and the RX7 has 552, is the 2 coming off the power or weight?

Edit: Don't worry I found it:dunce:

Big thumbs up to all of the guys who hit the track tonight. A bit of biff and barge, some bruised egos, a few tear drops, some frustration, a bit of laughter, and a heap of good racing fun!

I think TORC_JoeRacer has some screenshots of some of the results, so it should be good to go through them. But it will only tell a small tale compared to the actual experience. And i dont want to see kiwis on the podium too much *grins*

Overall the standard of driving was good for what Monday Night Racing is all about .... some fun. Some of the overtaking was a little ... erm .... well yeah. But i'm sure we all had big smiles on our faces. A few idiot randoms did some damage, but in the main the grid was full of us guys.

Race 1 saw a heap of stock Mazda RX8's all hitting the track. The racing was crazy with everyone sorting each other out, and combined with a couple of random fools (not us) it made for some very interesting racing. I had a disconnect 3 minutes before the race started so it was a tight sqeeze to make the start line in time. But i did (with a lot of swearing i can tell ya).

Race 2 saw almost a full grid of stock Mazda RX7's. I received a 5 second penalty for hitting a car that had speared off the track and re-entered sideways right in front of me. Go figure. That put me back and i found myself tussling with TORC_Womble and GTP_joeninety for a couple of laps until GTP_joeninety got a great slipstream and went up the outside of the main straight (grass flying and all rally style) to overtake the my poor rota. Fun racing.

Race 3 saw some poor matchmaking, with a small grid of 5 racers, with only myself, GTP_joeninety, and TORC_Womble matched up. Got off to an absolute flyer and had a handy gap, but couldnt shake one of the random idiots in his Renault (lymph DE was the driver..... and what an IDIOT he was. If i see him again i'll ram my foot soo far up his arse the sweat on my knee will quench his thirst ). Needless to say he bumped and barged me for a few laps until finally i went off and the guys went wizzing by. Bugger. Dont know how the other guys went in thier matchmaking.

Race 4 saw guys in cars of thier own choice. A fair few NSX's were on the grid, along with a Lotus, a couple of ole school Ferraris and a couple of 350z's. I had a bit of trouble with the Lotus warping and lagging (so i apologise if i bumped you at all). Listening to CrazyHorses Ferrari was awesome, what a sound. Slow race for me as i was doing alot faster laps when i was hotlapping in the NSX beforehand (1'53's). Fun race again.

Race 5 saw the return of the random idiot (lymph DE), and he once again bumped and barged me all over the place. Idiot.

Race 6 i ditched the NSX and dusted off my trusty tuned 550PP RX7. A second or so slower than the NSX i was in for the last two races, but a much more fun car imho Got into a good groove with CrazyHorse's NSX in front and Womble NSX behind ( a real Honda VTEC sandwich). Some good dicing, until Crazy forgot to brake into turn one and all i saw was a flash of a Honda badge, with some demented pommy bloke swearing out the window! Good racing.

Race 7, the finale saw the stock Mazda RX8's once again on the start grid. Renesis engines revving angrily on the line with everyone keen to get a good race in before mummy tucks them in for bedtime. Unfortunately one of the random idiots in a Lotus tapped me in the arse and i tapped GTP_Tizzla. I did a few more corners then took my foot off the gas so Tizzla could regain position (even though it wasnt my fault ... aren't i a nice guy). But in the meantime a few other guys passed me as well. Managed to fight back (all the time dicing with Tizzla and TORC_Dodo) until i got a break. Was good to watch Tizzla and his agressive style of overtaking, he really gets his nose into the corner and slides himself in there for position. TORC_JoeRacer came from last to snatch the lead on the last lap, but a drag race to the line saw an aussie triumph in what can only be described as the single greatest moment in sporting history. :sly:

Thank you all for the racing. A few taps and some elbows out, but good fun.

nuff said.

Last edited:
Apoligies that was me in the Lotus, just moved to a share house near my University and all 6 of my roommates share the one connection (just so happened one of them started streaming an episode of Scrubs during the race go figure...) Although I did manage to get them off it! Fun little car though, haven't really got to driving it before this event but it did fare really well, even with the NSX's....that was until the final straight when they both overtook me causing me to finish in 4th haha.

Thanks all for the excellent racing, see you all soon :)

As Rypien mentioned, the results are the record of the result, not of the journey.

DSC05742.JPG

The excitement mounts... :crazy:

Race 1 results - Mazda Rx8 TypeS '07
DSC05745.JPG

Pace cars supplied by Italians panovasport and ermaranga. Is that Womble in my mirror?

Race 2 results - Mazda Rx7 Spirit R TypeA '02
DSC05746.JPG

Pace cars supplied by Ingerland's browncaravan.

Race 3 results - Mazda Rx7 vs Rx8
DSC05747.JPG

Pace cars supplied by Spaniard poxol33 and German Team_HVM_KOTD.

Race 4 results - Open selection
DSC05748.JPG

No pace cars, just racer cars.

Race 5 results - Open selection
DSC05750.JPG

Pace cars supplied by German lymp (Keith's new best mate).

Race 6 results - Open selection
DSC05751.JPG

DSC05752.JPG

Pace cars supplied by Italians panovasport & ermaranga and Ingerlishman Cpt_Disaster.

Race 7 results - Mazda Rx8 TypeS '07
DSC05754.JPG

DSC05753.JPG

Pace cars supplied by Danish delight FREESTYLEDUST, Italians panovasport and ermaranga and French fullah hayabusa7627.

I figured it out too late, but I should have been taking a snapshot of who was in which car in the OPEN races.

Back