Aussies/Kiwis : Monday Night Racing

• Thread starter Rypien
  • 1,110 comments
Great description of last nights races Rypien - wish i could be that articulate.
The punters put my plan of kiwi domination into the rough but judging by the
level of skill from the TORC boys that was always in danger of failure!!

Regardless of my position on track there was always a good battle on offer which is
all I wanted from this type of event - well done.

Would like to include afew more of the TORC brotherhood into my friends list so i
can race you's on a more regular basis.

Was abit disappointed by the lack of kiwi drivers in attentance so i will work on changing that for next week....good on ya Tizz - always top shelve.

Thanks for the screen shots JoeRacer(NZ) :)

Cheers guys

Next monday night (9th March) is my daughters birthday, I was rostered on to work but managed to swap a shift. Since we are having a birthday party on the sunday i should be right to organise some races if guys are interested.

This week will be a huge one at work, with some very loooong hours. I'm unsure if i'll be able to put much thought into what the races will involve. Would you guys object if i kept the 5 lap Fuji as the event, and simply changed the car list?

GTP_joeninety wrote -
Hey Rypien
Fuji is fine - any chance of dropping the time back 1 hour so I can get to bed before 2am!
Sorry mate. It works out to be an 8pm start my time, and thats the earliest i can usually get online with any degree of certainty. I know its a pain in the butt for some of you guys and i appreciate the effort in driving at some bad times. Buy a six pack of Red Bull and load up on heavy duty coffee ...... and perhaps call in sick the next day and have a good sleep in :sly:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here we go boys. As i mentioned earlier, i am a bit stretched at work this week so i've only made some minor adjustments to this weeks races. Kept the Fuji 5 lapper, but adjusted some of the car choices to keep things a bit fresh. See you blokes on the track

EVENT - Expert Class PP550 / RWD / Fuji Speedway F / PRO / 5laps

DATE - 9th March

TIME - 8:03pm start (GMT +10)

SYNCRONISED START TIMES - 8:03 / 8:23 / 8:43 / 9:03 / 9:23 / 9:43 / 10:03

RULES/RESTRICTIONS/COMMENTS
- NO race tyres allowed!!!!!!!!!!! (S3 only for ALL races)
- Drive cleanly *duh*
- Dont get discouraged if we encounter 'random' idiots on the servers (most randoms will be on Race Tyres anyways)
- Dont get discouraged if lag raises its ugly head (if its bad please try and keep a good gap between you and others)
- You may miss a scheduled race start time (dont stress, just take a break and join in next race start)
- Tune the car settings as you wish (unless otherwise stated).
- TCS (see individual race comments below)
- ABS optional
- Keep it civilised gents. Dont drive to win at all costs. Keep it competitive but most of all keep it clean and fun.

RACE 1 @ 8'03pm (GMT +10)
CAR - BMW 135i Coupe '07
COMMENTS - S3 Tyres only. Do NOT adjust anything on the car. Keep it all stock standard. The only thing you need to do is turn OFF TCS, and make sure it has S3 tyres. Leave the rest alone, dont tune or adjust anything. DO NOT USE TCS AT START LINE EITHER.

RACE 2 @ 8'23pm (GMT +10)
CAR - Jaguar XK Coupe '06
COMMENTS - S3 Tyres only. Do NOT adjust anything on the car. Keep it all stock standard. The only thing you need to do is turn OFF TCS, and make sure it has S3 tyres. Leave the rest alone, dont tune anything. DO NOT USE TCS AT START LINE EITHER.

RACE 3 @ 8'43pm (GMT +10)
CAR - Rx8 or Rx7 (your choice)
COMMENTS - S3 Tyres only. Tune the car all the way up to 550PP and adjust any setting you like. TCS is optional

RACE 4 @ 9'03pm (GMT +10)
CAR - OPEN
COMMENTS - S3 Tyres only. Tune the car all the way up to 550PP and adjust any setting you like. TCS is optional.

RACE 5 @ 9'23pm (GMT +10)
CAR - OPEN
COMMENTS - S3 Tyres only. Tune the car all the way up to 550PP and adjust any setting you like. TCS is optional.

RACE 6 @ 9'43pm (GMT +10)
CAR - OPEN
COMMENTS - S3 Tyres only. Tune the car all the way up to 550PP and adjust any setting you like. TCS is optional. NO Acura or Honda NSX's allowed for this race!

RACE 7 @ 10'03pm (GMT +10)
CAR - BMW 135i Coupe '07
COMMENTS - S3 Tyres only. Do NOT adjust anything on the car. Keep it all stock standard. The only thing you need to do is turn OFF TCS, and make sure it has S3 tyres. Leave the rest alone, dont tune anything. DO NOT USE TCS AT START LINE EITHER.

Last edited:
Just a heads up, if your in NSW (etc.) add +1 Hour to each start time (9:03pm, 9:23pm etc.) start since we a currently on Daylight Saving Time, I know ift's probably common sense but I forgot last week and was on an hour early, as I know some of you probably remember...

Hey Tizzla
what car are you going to use in race 6? not sure i have another car set up that's even close to the NSX.
Will be good to see you on track!

well, definately not the Mustang! haha made that mistake last time.

Probably the 350z. invite all the kiwis and aussies on your friends list

Looking forward to some fun racing again tonight. Hope to have one or two more TORC lads online for the first time as well.

Timezones are a real hassle, and i apologise for the late start/finish for the kiwi brigade. Hopefully it will slow u guys down a bit :sly:

Race 6 ..... mmmmm .... might simply dust off the RX7 again. Cant go wrong with a rotary!

see you guys tonight 👍

Hopefully I can get there for the first time. If I can, hopefully my connection doesn't fail me yet again.:grumpy:

Perth ~ 7.03pm
Brisbane ~ 8.03pm
Melbourne ~ 9.03pm
Sydney ~ 9.03pm
Auckland ~ 11.03pm

Anyone entering this event please make sure you know the correct times. - Last week we had a few people making the GTP squad look very unprepared

I'm ready.:D Will probably only do first two races though. Please work internet! Please.

EDIT: Sorry guys, didn't read rules all the way through. Sorry I was running at 550pp, I felt bad in that race.:indiff::banghead:

Last edited:
I got held up quite badly.:( Had good pace but couldn't use it.

Next race is last for me. Hopefully I get a better grid position.

EDIT: Ok guys, I'm off to bed. Thanks for the races, they were awesome. I'll definetely be back:tup:

Last edited:
When I raced, we were so close there was a bit of punting. But nothing major. I felt really bad sometimes tonight, I tapped a few people, just brainfade from me tonight. I was off the pace, and a bit careless. Sorry to anyone I hit tonight.:indiff:

Absolutely awesome racing tonight Thanks guys!!!

Had a few full grids of just us which we never got last week.

Yep, I was surprised to see full grids. I didn't think there were that many AU/NZ drivers. I barely knew anyone tonight, I have plenty of AU/NZ friends and barely any were there. Keep these nights going, I love it!:D

yea man and there is absolutely no lag, at one point there were 6 of us, 3 pairs of side by side guys for like 3-4 corners without any touching.

Didnt get to race you really Mad, but by the look of your WRS week 18 splits maybe i was lucky... haha

Had fun tonight guys. Never got any super quick runs, but seemed to finish mid pack or a tad better most races. Had one or two good grid positions at the start of the night, but mostly had to work my way through the field. Tizzla seemed to be glued on the front of the grid for race starts (not that he needed it!). Great to see soo many TORC guys on track, and the GTP guys sure provided some superfast racing. Was awesome to see a few of the grids full of just us!

A few bumps here and there, but overall i think everyone had a good time. First corner mayhem seemed to be the order of the day, but in between some occasional doubtful passing there was some very clean fast racing.

Thanks again to all of you blokes for turning up (especially those who had to stay up late to race). Hope to have next weeks races up soon'ish.

cheers lads

btw - if any of you guys want to know what some of us TORCers look like then check out these links. I'm the good looking one :crazy:

TorcTalk pics (ole 2006 GT4 Lan)
http://torctalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=802

Joe Racers site (full of his exploits)
http://www.joeracer.designdesktop.com/ballaratLAN.htm

Joe Racers Lan slideshow
http://www.joeracer.designdesktop.com/2007Aus_TTC/TTC_1024/index_1024.html

TiZzla, I started near the back every race. That's why I didn't get to race you. I couldn't catch you with my lotus, but had a great race with vrrm.

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I am really keen to take part in this OZ KIWI Monday race. One thing I would like ask is how do you guys syc the time so everyone start the race at exactly the same time?

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I am really keen to take part in this OZ KIWI Monday race. One thing I would like ask is how do you guys syc the time so everyone start the race at exactly the same time?

On your PS3 make sure you sync the clock with a time server. (time/date settings i think).
then your clock will be the same as everyone elses. Hit "start" when the second hand reaches the 12 at the nominated time.

oh and welcome to GTPlanet !! 👍

Gday mate. Before loading your GT5:P disk, go into the PS3 settings for 'Date and Time' and you have two choices for setting up your consoles time and date settings. One is to set it 'manually' and the other is to set it 'via internet'. Make sure you set it 'via internet'. Once this is done load your GT5:P disk and go into the online race section, then you can simply press start for the race at the sync time that everyone else does (ie 8:03/8:23/8:43 etc........). If everyone presses start for the online races at approx the same time you have a 99% chance of being matched in the same race.

Not perfect, but its the best we have without in game lobbies and private rooms :)

I'm working on next weeks races atm, so i hope to have something up later today.

Some times it works too well...
Tizzla's net service is pretty good(host's most races this side of the gap)

I hit start right on the money but the full grid pushed the server to create me as another NZ host..with only one another person....bugger(still a top race Dodo) -

Happened in the next race - sh%t! - next one was a punter from (TR).- not happy
thanks for the heads up on getting back on the grid Tizz - damn once your in front we need to put down police spikes to slow you down!
I did not do so well this night but I still liked mixing it up with some talented drivers....nxt week!

good one Rypien!!

I always push start 10 seconds in advance to make sure I get in the race.

You're right about TiZzla, when he gets in the lead he just disappears into the distance. I would've loved to give you a good challenge but started to far down the grid too often.:( Next week hopefully I can find some more pace to challenge you!

Yeah, i suspect a few guys are pressing start a few seconds early in order to increase thier chances of being matched (or indeed host / get good grid position). But hey, as long as we get a good grid the majority of the time thats all that matters. I'd still be encouraging guys to press start right on the money to prevent drivers getting good grid positions constantly. There is always the chance of missing the race, but thats something we have to live with with GT:5's limited features. I'm still pressing right on time. Bring on GT5 and qualifying i say!

Change of track and drivetrain this week lads. Never been much of a 'front wheel' drive guy myself, but decided to give em a try this week. The stock Honda Integra is a great drive in stock form, and the tuned Mini's should provide some good fun racing. Going to be interesting to see what guys decide to drive in the open races though ....

I've spaced the races a bit oddly this week. The races should take around 12 minutes give or take a minute, so i've left plenty of time in betwen races to change cars and refresh your bodies with alcohol or smokes. If we encounter some randoms whom have tuned cars during our stock races, there is the possibility of the 30seconds cut-off affecting us, but i'm not too concerned as long as well all get in a few good laps of racing. Cant see it being a big issue though.

Looking forward to some more good racing 👍

EVENT - Expert Class PP550 / FWD / Suzuka Circuit / PRO / 5laps

DATE - 16th March

TIME - 8:03pm start (GMT +10)

SYNCRONISED START TIMES - 8:03 / 8:26 / 8:49 / 9:12 / 9:35 / 9:58

RULES/RESTRICTIONS/COMMENTS
- NO race tyres allowed!!!!!!!!!!! (S3 only for ALL races)
- Drive cleanly *duh*
- Dont get discouraged if we encounter 'random' idiots on the servers (most randoms will be on Race Tyres anyways)
- Dont get discouraged if lag raises its ugly head (if its bad please try and keep a good gap between you and others)
- You may miss a scheduled race start time (dont stress, just take a break and join in next race start)
- Tune the car settings as you wish (unless otherwise stated).
- TCS (see individual race comments below)
- ABS optional
- Keep it civilised gents. Dont drive to win at all costs. Keep it competitive but most of all keep it clean and fun.

RACE 1 @ 8'03pm (GMT +10)
CAR - Honda Integra Type R '04
COMMENTS - S3 Tyres only. Do NOT adjust anything on the car. Keep it all stock standard. The only thing you need to do is turn OFF TCS, and make sure it has S3 tyres. Leave the rest alone, dont tune or adjust anything. DO NOT USE TCS AT START LINE EITHER.

RACE 2 @ 8'26pm (GMT +10)
CAR - Mini Cooper S '06
COMMENTS - S3 Tyres only. Tune the car all the way up to 550PP and adjust any setting you like. DO NOT USE TCS AT START LINE EITHER.

RACE 3 @ 8'49pm (GMT +10)
CAR - Mini Cooper S '06
COMMENTS - S3 Tyres only. Tune the car all the way up to 550PP and adjust any setting you like. DO NOT USE TCS AT START LINE EITHER.

RACE 4 @ 9'12pm (GMT +10)
CAR - OPEN

RACE 5 @ 9'35pm (GMT +10)
CAR - OPEN

RACE 6 @ 9'58pm (GMT +10)
CAR - Honda Integra Type R '04

Last edited:
Back