Australian GT, Season 1 finished, TheFlash is Champion,Finished 

• Thread starter TDZdave
  • 756 comments
Has anyone done any testing for Apricot Hill yet? I did about 20 laps tonight and managed a 1:16.5

Hey guys, you will need to find about an extra second possibly more :) did a few laps last night after our Brands Hatch 12hr test and Lion & I pushed pretty hard to see what was possible.

Maybe we could all chip in so they both receive a new sheep on the day of the race, then we won't have to worry about them then!!! ;)

CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS

ROUND 1 MONZA

1st, TheFlash05 (10 points)
2nd, GREASY07 (9 points)
3rd, Heathenpride ( 6 points)
4th, TDZdave (5 points)
5th, nosoks (4 points)
6th ItzRacing (3 points)
7th Lion- Face (2 points)
8th motocross-09 (1 point)

ROUND 2 SILVERSTONE

TheFlash05, 18 points
GREASY07, 15 points
Lion-Face, 13 points
TDZdave, 9 points
ItzRacing, 8 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Motocross-09, 4 points
Nosoks, 4 points

ROUND 3 ASCARI

TheFlash05, 24 Points
GREASY07, 24 Points
Lion-Face, 23 Points
TDZdave, 13 Points
ItzRacing, 11 Points
Nosoks, 9 Points
Motocross-09, 6 Points
Heathenpride, 6 Points
SteveEnforcer, 1 Point

ROUND 4 LE MANS

Lion-face, 34 points
TheFlash05, 32 points
GREASY07, 30 points
TDZdave, 16 points
ItzRacing, 15 points
Nosoks, 9 points
Motocross-09, 8 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Swillisam, 5 points
SteveEnforcer, 1 point

ROUND 5 MOTEGI
Lion-face, 43 points
TheFlash, 42 points
GREASY07, 35 points
ItzRacing, 21 points
TDZdave, 20 points
Nosoks, 12 points
Motocross-09, 9 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Swillsam, 5 points
SteveEnforcer, 3 points

ROUND 6 NURBURGRING 24h
Lion-face, 51 points
ThrFlash, 48 points
GREASY07, 45 points
ItzRacing, 26 points
TDZdave, 24 points
Nosoks, 12 points
Motocross-09, 9 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Swillisam, 5 points
SteveEnforcer, 3 points
Keg11, 3 points

ROUND 7 A1 RING

Lion-Face, 57 points
TheFlash05, 56 points
GREASY07, 56 points
TDZdave, 28 points
ItzRacing, 26 points
Nosoks, 15 points
Motocross-09, 10 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Nasanu, 5 points
Keg11, 5 points
Swillisam, 5 points
SteveEnforcer, 3 points

ROUND 8, LAGUNA SECA
Lion-Face, 67 Points
GREASY07, 65 points
TheFlash05, 62 points
TDZdave, 31 points
ItzRacing, 26 points
Nosoks, 20 points
Motocross-09, 10 points
Nasanu, 9 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Keg-11, 5 points
Swillisam, 5 points
SteveEnforcer, 3 points

ROUND 9, MADRID REVERSE
Lion-Face, 75 points
TheFlash05, 73 points
GREASY07, 70 points
TDZdave, 34 points
Nosoks, 26 points
ItzRacing,26 points
Nasanu, 13 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Keg-11, 5 points
Swillisam, 5 points
SteveEnforcer, 3 points

ROUND 10, BRANDS HATCH
TheFlash05, 85 points
Lion-Face, 81 points
GREASY07, 79 points
TDZdave, 34 points
Nosoks, 31 points
ItzRacing, 30 points
Nasanu, 16 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Keg-11, 5 points
Swillisam, 5 points
SteveEnforcer, 3 points

well 6 points cover the top 3, and 4 points cover 4th-6th, Apricot hill is looking to be a cracker,

Apricot Hill, there will be a full pace lap, once the cars are on the painted grid lines the leader can go at anytime, once the leader crosses the the start finish line the race will also be green,

Debrief from Brands Hatch, ItzRacing and Nosoks have had their finishing order swapped due to an incident that happened in the final lap, bumping Nosoks to 4th,

nothing gets past you mate, thanks for catching that,

in the event of a tie break the person with the most wins will be granted, if that is also equal it will go to the most pole positions as well,

defriend new Zealand!!!!!

:lol:

Hey guys, you will need to find about an extra second possibly more :) did a few laps last night after our Brands Hatch 12hr test and Lion & I pushed pretty hard to see what was possible.

Did a few laps today and got a 1.15.6xx and a few more high 15s then I tried to "fix" it and promptly went back to 16s :banghead:
back to the drawing board

edit: just noticed CT... we're under the lights

CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS

ROUND 1 MONZA

2nd, GREASY07 (9 points)
4th, TDZdave (5 points)
5th, nosoks (4 points)
6th ItzRacing (3 points)

ROUND 2 SILVERSTONE

TheFlash05, 18 points
GREASY07, 15 points
Lion-Face, 13 points
TDZdave, 9 points
ItzRacing, 8 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Motocross-09, 4 points
Nosoks, 4 points

ROUND 3 ASCARI

TheFlash05, 24 Points
GREASY07, 24 Points
Lion-Face, 23 Points
TDZdave, 13 Points
ItzRacing, 11 Points
Nosoks, 9 Points
Motocross-09, 6 Points
Heathenpride, 6 Points
SteveEnforcer, 1 Point

ROUND 4 LE MANS

Lion-face, 34 points
TheFlash05, 32 points
GREASY07, 30 points
TDZdave, 16 points
ItzRacing, 15 points
Nosoks, 9 points
Motocross-09, 8 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Swillisam, 5 points
SteveEnforcer, 1 point

ROUND 5 MOTEGI
Lion-face, 43 points
TheFlash, 42 points
GREASY07, 35 points
ItzRacing, 21 points
TDZdave, 20 points
Nosoks, 12 points
Motocross-09, 9 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Swillsam, 5 points
SteveEnforcer, 3 points

ROUND 6 NURBURGRING 24h
Lion-face, 51 points
ThrFlash, 48 points
GREASY07, 45 points
ItzRacing, 26 points
TDZdave, 24 points
Nosoks, 12 points
Motocross-09, 9 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Swillisam, 5 points
SteveEnforcer, 3 points
Keg11, 3 points

ROUND 7 A1 RING

Lion-Face, 57 points
TheFlash05, 56 points
GREASY07, 56 points
TDZdave, 28 points
ItzRacing, 26 points
Nosoks, 15 points
Motocross-09, 10 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Nasanu, 5 points
Keg11, 5 points
Swillisam, 5 points
SteveEnforcer, 3 points

ROUND 8, LAGUNA SECA
Lion-Face, 67 Points
GREASY07, 65 points
TheFlash05, 62 points
TDZdave, 31 points
ItzRacing, 26 points
Nosoks, 20 points
Motocross-09, 10 points
Nasanu, 9 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Keg-11, 5 points
Swillisam, 5 points
SteveEnforcer, 3 points

ROUND 9, MADRID REVERSE
Lion-Face, 75 points
TheFlash05, 73 points
GREASY07, 70 points
TDZdave, 34 points
Nosoks, 26 points
ItzRacing,26 points
Nasanu, 13 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Keg-11, 5 points
Swillisam, 5 points
SteveEnforcer, 3 points

ROUND 10, BRANDS HATCH
TheFlash05, 83 points
Lion-Face, 81 points
GREASY07, 80 points
TDZdave, 34 points
Nosoks, 31 points
ItzRacing, 30 points
Nasanu, 16 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Keg-11, 5 points
Swillisam, 5 points
SteveEnforcer, 3 points

amended correctly now guys,

Got to apologize to you guys, I haven't had time to do anything in over the past week, I've barely been at home. I'll do my best to make the next round.

I have spoken to Dave in the last couple days and he has given me approval to run a non championship race around Bathurst. We will run the race a fortnight following the final round as we have done with all races. Entry will only be open to drivers who have taken part in the series so far. It will be a 90 minute race as usual, with the time progression set to 8(times) to simulate the 12 hour in a shorter time span.

well that was a night of positives and negatives.

I may have been fist pumping in my seat as I crossed the line with 20 seconds remaining in qualifying and took 3rd spot. Considering how unreachable those top 3 cars have been for me all season to get among them was a great feeling

The race started well for me and I was hanging on the back of lion and flash. Then it all went pear shaped from there. I missed the braking point for turn 2, ran wide and lost time after hitting the gravel. After that it took me a while to get some sort of speed back. Then I thought id stick mediums on the front and try and go longer and hopefully only need 1 more stop in the final 60 minutes. Problem was that the mediums only last 5-10 minutes longer than what the softs did and I was losing too much time to make it work.

I was hoping I could catch Nosoks in those final minutes but unfortunately the gap was too big so I decided that I'd just back off and do some end of season skids once I knew everyone had passed me and crossed the line!

Anyway, Thanks to Dave for his efforts in putting together a wonderful series. Your hard work is greatly appreciated, allowing me to get well and truly hooked on the GT online racing. I hope you run the series again next year, ill be in it for sure!

thank you to all the other competitors for some great racing during the series and also apologies to those who I may have got in the way of or collided with as I found my feet.

Now who's in for a Bathurst race in a fortnight?! :D

I was going to jump on tonight being the final race but realised I hadn't done the update yet. If only the updates didn't take so long. Thanks for a good season @TDZdave. I know I stopped at the end but I had fun at the start. I did get burnt out from gt6 so have not played it for a long time.

I've learnt a few things from all you guys hopefully in other series I will improve my skill set at gt6 since it isn't as good as most of you here but practice makes perfect. I did feel a bit out of my depth though but still had fun in the races I did.

Thanks for a GREAT series Dave, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Congrats to Flash on the series title and Greasy for last nights win.
Lastly, it has been great meeting some great racers, you are after all what keeps the game alive and enjoyable.
Thanks
Les

well that was a night of positives and negatives.

I may have been fist pumping in my seat as I crossed the line with 20 seconds remaining in qualifying and took 3rd spot. Considering how unreachable those top 3 cars have been for me all season to get among them was a great feeling

The race started well for me and I was hanging on the back of lion and flash. Then it all went pear shaped from there. I missed the braking point for turn 2, ran wide and lost time after hitting the gravel. After that it took me a while to get some sort of speed back. Then I thought id stick mediums on the front and try and go longer and hopefully only need 1 more stop in the final 60 minutes. Problem was that the mediums only last 5-10 minutes longer than what the softs did and I was losing too much time to make it work.

I was hoping I could catch Nosoks in those final minutes but unfortunately the gap was too big so I decided that I'd just back off and do some end of season skids once I knew everyone had passed me and crossed the line!

Anyway, Thanks to Dave for his efforts in putting together a wonderful series. Your hard work is greatly appreciated, allowing me to get well and truly hooked on the GT online racing. I hope you run the series again next year, ill be in it for sure!

thank you to all the other competitors for some great racing during the series and also apologies to those who I may have got in the way of or collided with as I found my feet.

Now who's in for a Bathurst race in a fortnight?! :D

I'm up in the air on Bathurst mate, But shall see how I go,

Seems that new driving rig you have has found some talent, being comfortable in the seat makes a big difference to lap times, and comfort is also what keeps you on pace over an endurance race, when you start getting ache's, cramps, or just simple discomfort that's when things start going down hill, keep it up mate that pole to winners circle isn't that far away for you now,

I was going to jump on tonight being the final race but realised I hadn't done the update yet. If only the updates didn't take so long. Thanks for a good season @TDZdave. I know I stopped at the end but I had fun at the start. I did get burnt out from gt6 so have not played it for a long time.

I've learnt a few things from all you guys hopefully in other series I will improve my skill set at gt6 since it isn't as good as most of you here but practice makes perfect. I did feel a bit out of my depth though but still had fun in the races I did.

Practice does make perfect, but if you practice alone and tune alone you get either bored or start developing bad habits in driving, my advice to you is to practice with others, if you sign up to something see if you can practice and get assistance in tuning from the fast guys, just finding the right line through a corner can shave half a second off a lap time and before you know it your competing up the front, some more advice for you would be to pick a finishing position that is within your grasp and aim for that, then the next race try get one more spot etc, you will learn how to plan a pit strategy, hit delta times and physically make it happen,

Thanks for a GREAT series Dave, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Congrats to Flash on the series title and Greasy for last nights win.
Lastly, it has been great meeting some great racers, you are after all what keeps the game alive and enjoyable.
Thanks
Les

A big thank you to all who completed the season, we had some hiccups along the way and thank you all for just being patient and allowing them to be fixed in due time, I have learned so much about patience with this game I've lost hair but we completed the season, I think the season spanned 23 weeks which is quite a feat in itself and I'm greatful to all who attended and seen it through to the end,

My season can be summed up by PD, every time I got that Audi happening BANG! physics update! it was a pain and right from the start I had planned to go with it as that car with that setup just felt natural to me after the tire glitch, but in the end I just pulled my hair out tuning the thing in the wrong direction,

points are to be finalized today, and seems there are some irregularities with them,:sly:

CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS

ROUND 1 MONZA

2nd, GREASY07 (9 points)
4th, TDZdave (5 points)
5th, nosoks (4 points)
6th ItzRacing (3 points)

ROUND 2 SILVERSTONE

TheFlash05, 18 points
GREASY07, 15 points
Lion-Face, 13 points
TDZdave, 9 points
ItzRacing, 8 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Motocross-09, 4 points
Nosoks, 4 points

ROUND 3 ASCARI

TheFlash05, 24 Points
GREASY07, 24 Points
Lion-Face, 23 Points
TDZdave, 13 Points
ItzRacing, 11 Points
Nosoks, 9 Points
Motocross-09, 6 Points
Heathenpride, 6 Points
SteveEnforcer, 1 Point

ROUND 4 LE MANS

Lion-face, 34 points
TheFlash05, 32 points
GREASY07, 30 points
TDZdave, 16 points
ItzRacing, 15 points
Nosoks, 9 points
Motocross-09, 8 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Swillisam, 5 points
SteveEnforcer, 1 point

ROUND 5 MOTEGI
Lion-face, 43 points
TheFlash, 42 points
GREASY07, 35 points
ItzRacing, 21 points
TDZdave, 20 points
Nosoks, 12 points
Motocross-09, 9 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Swillsam, 5 points
SteveEnforcer, 3 points

ROUND 6 NURBURGRING 24h
Lion-face, 51 points
ThrFlash, 48 points
GREASY07, 45 points
ItzRacing, 26 points
TDZdave, 24 points
Nosoks, 12 points
Motocross-09, 9 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Swillisam, 5 points
SteveEnforcer, 3 points
Keg11, 3 points

ROUND 7 A1 RING

Lion-Face, 57 points
TheFlash05, 56 points
GREASY07, 56 points
TDZdave, 28 points
ItzRacing, 26 points
Nosoks, 15 points
Motocross-09, 10 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Nasanu, 5 points
Keg11, 5 points
Swillisam, 5 points
SteveEnforcer, 3 points

ROUND 8, LAGUNA SECA
Lion-Face, 67 Points
GREASY07, 65 points
TheFlash05, 62 points
TDZdave, 31 points
ItzRacing, 26 points
Nosoks, 20 points
Motocross-09, 10 points
Nasanu, 9 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Keg-11, 5 points
Swillisam, 5 points
SteveEnforcer, 3 points

ROUND 9, MADRID REVERSE
Lion-Face, 75 points
TheFlash05, 73 points
GREASY07, 70 points
TDZdave, 34 points
Nosoks, 26 points
ItzRacing,26 points
Nasanu, 13 points
Motocross-09, 10 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Keg-11, 5 points
Swillisam, 5 points
SteveEnforcer, 3 points

ROUND 10, BRANDS HATCH
TheFlash05, 83 points
Lion-Face, 81 points
GREASY07, 79 points
TDZdave, 34 points
Nosoks, 31 points
ItzRacing, 30 points
Nasanu, 16 points
Motocross-09, 10 points
Heathenpride, 6 points
Keg-11, 5 points
Swillisam, 5 points
SteveEnforcer, 3 points

ROUND 11, APRICOT HILL

CHAMPION!!!!!

TheFlash05, 91 points,

2ND, GREASY, 90 points,
3RD, Lion-Face, 87 points,
4TH, TDZdave, 37 points,
5TH, Nosoks, 36 points,
6TH, ItzRacing, 35 points,
7TH, Nasanu, 16 points,
8TH, Motocross-09, 10 points
9TH, Heathenpride, 6 points,
10TH, Keg-11, 5 points,
11TH, Swillisam, 5 points
12TH, SteveEnforcer, 3 points,

Now after fixing some problems with the points, the official finishing table is released, some people should be awfully pleased with themselves, GREASY should be gutted, :lol:

Thanks Dave for a fantastic series, I may have only been in it for a few weeks but I've thoroughly enjoyed it and met many fantastic and friendly people who always lent a hand when needed. Congrats to Flash on the title and I do feel sorry for Greasy who came up one point (ONE POINT!!) short, I've had that happen to many times in karting, and man does it hurt! And congrats to Lion for placing third, again only a few points short. Looking forward to a hopeful second season so I can continue to race with you fantastic people!

Back