Autódromo Nacional de Vigo

Autódromo Nacional de Vigo 3.3

• Thread starter Rods
  • 16 comments
It looks like a great circuit. I'll try it tonite
Just curious: what was the width of the track that you initially set? ( I even opened a thread suggesting we don't only consider making layout of the track right and length but also the width)
Also what is the bank angle setting that you have for this track

It looks like a great circuit. I'll try it tonite
Just curious: what was the width of the track that you initially set? ( I even opened a thread suggesting we don't only consider making layout of the track right and length but also the width)
Also what is the bank angle setting that you have for this track

Hey Bruno Pro! I hope you'll enjoy it! If you have any suggestions, let me know!

I just checked the track width I used. It was 45ft (I guess something like 13m if you're using Metric). It worked well in this track but it's unfortunate not being able to change it for some others (I had to remake entire tracks because they were too narrow).

For the banking, I always use "Very Gentle", because it's too unpredictable, specially if you have, high speed corners or small consecutive corners or esses.

Hey Bruno Pro! I hope you'll enjoy it! If you have any suggestions, let me know!

I just checked the track width I used. It was 45ft (I guess something like 13m if you're using Metric). It worked well in this track but it's unfortunate not being able to change it for some others (I had to remake entire tracks because they were too narrow).

For the banking, I always use "Very Gentle", because it's too unpredictable, specially if you have, high speed corners or small consecutive corners or esses.
I totally agree with you:

- on the width: I tried some GP tracks and couldn't go bellow 12 (my Suzuka Twin is even 14 I think, Sochi Autodrom was also 14. And my full Monza track was 13)

- on the bank angle: if I want perfectly flat I go with 'very gentle'. Some of tracks have ovals but if you go with steep incline it messes up whole track. (For example in my two tracks that are sort of remakes of Red Rock Valley Speedway I started with steep angle but ended up with a gentle one. For the width in those two I ended with 10m on a 3.11 mile course and with 14m on a longer GP version - 3.60 miles long

Only if you do an Oval track I guess you can go with steep incline
I'll try that on one of my Ovals remake

And yes: 45 ft comes as 13.7 m so you used the one close to 14m as well (somewhere I read that "the great minds think alike")

I totally agree with you:

- on the width: I tried some GP tracks and couldn't go bellow 12 (my Suzuka Twin is even 14 I think, Sochi Autodrom was also 14. And my full Monza track was 13)

- on the bank angle: if I want perfectly flat I go with 'very gentle'. Some of tracks have ovals but if you go with steep incline it messes up whole track. (For example in my two tracks that are sort of remakes of Red Rock Valley Speedway I started with steep angle but ended up with a gentle one. For the width in those two I ended with 10m on a 3.11 mile course and with 14m on a longer GP version - 3.60 miles long

Only if you do an Oval track I guess you can go with steep incline
I'll try that on one of my Ovals remake

And yes: 45 ft comes as 13.7 m so you used the one close to 14m as well (somewhere I read that "the great minds think alike")

Hahaha, sure! So I guess it's more like 14. The thing is, you really can't go below 12 (39-40ft) on GP tracks. That would only be useful for karting (but I'm having a hard time with them since you can't create really tight corners).

I haven't made any ovals yet, but it guess you're right, the baking is essential when it comes to those tracks.

I just downloaded you're Sochi, Red Rock and Monza. I'll give'em a try later tonight. I was planning on making Sochi so I could warm up for the F1 weekend, but you saved me some time hehe. And a great idea recreating Red Rock, somehow I had forgotten about it.

Hahaha, sure! So I guess it's more like 14. The thing is, you really can't go below 12 (39-40ft) on GP tracks. That would only be useful for karting (but I'm having a hard time with them since you can't create really tight corners).

I haven't made any ovals yet, but it guess you're right, the baking is essential when it comes to those tracks.

I just downloaded you're Sochi, Red Rock and Monza. I'll give'em a try later tonight. I was planning on making Sochi so I could warm up for the F1 weekend, but you saved me some time hehe. And a great idea recreating Red Rock, somehow I had forgotten about it.
Great man it's a deal

Please try my courses and I will try yours (you are welcome for Sochi but please don't hesitate to make one yourself. I would like to have a different design opinion)
Two more things:
1. There is a way to make thighter corners: when you select a corner you want to make tighter, select 'decrease corner radius'. ... Playing with corner in this 'mode' it can be made tighter up to a certain point
2. I have issue downloading your track. Please check the URL since I really want to try it

Great man it's a deal

Please try my courses and I will try yours (you are welcome for Sochi but please don't hesitate to make one yourself. I would like to have a different design opinion)
Two more things:
1. There is a way to make thighter corners: when you select a corner you want to make tighter, select 'decrease corner radius'. ... Playing with corner in this 'mode' it can be made tighter up to a certain point
2. I have issue downloading your track. Please check the URL since I really want to try it

Sure, it's a deal.

Thank you for the radius tip, I'll try it out as well.

Here's the link for my track: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/mypage/course/1305169/
If it still won't work: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/paivacuri/course/

Sure, it's a deal.

Thank you for the radius tip, I'll try it out as well.

Here's the link for my track: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/user/#!/mypage/course/1305169/
If it still won't work: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/paivacuri/course/
You are welcome
I was able to reach your track only after modifying the second one and adding friend/ in front of paivacuri (which I presume is your PSN )
That way I got to your tracks. To get the exact trac you have to add the track ID on the end
Here are the instructions
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/how-to-share-your-own-tracks-via-url.335446/

Hi Rods
I drove your track and honestly it's one of better tracks around. A definitive keeper (I also gave my honest rating well)
One question though: is it really that long (over 4 miles)? I couldn't find any details online.

Have you had a chance to drive any of my tracks. I'm curious to get some opinion from you since it looks that you understand well how the Track maker works and you have some good track designer and virtual driver skills

Please let me know when you have a chance

Hi Rods
I drove your track and honestly it's one of better tracks around. A definitive keeper (I also gave my honest rating well)
One question though: is it really that long (over 4 miles)? I couldn't find any details online.

Have you had a chance to drive any of my tracks. I'm curious to get some opinion from you since it looks that you understand well how the Track maker works and you have some good track designer and virtual driver skills

Please let me know when you have a chance

Hey Bruno! Thank you very much for the feedback and the good rating as well.

I very much enjoyed your rendition of Monza, it's very smooth and very well done (too bad banking and overlapping are impossible, but you made the best of it!).
I haven't driven Sochi yet, mostly because I enjoyed the Ultra Speedway so much I ended up driving there for a long time, hehe.

About the Vigo track: it's a fantasy track, I designed it. That's why you couldn't find any details online ;). I'm working on a short version and I'll post that here in the next few days.

Hey Bruno! Thank you very much for the feedback and the good rating as well.

I very much enjoyed your rendition of Monza, it's very smooth and very well done (too bad banking and overlapping are impossible, but you made the best of it!).
I haven't driven Sochi yet, mostly because I enjoyed the Ultra Speedway so much I ended up driving there for a long time, hehe.

About the Vigo track: it's a fantasy track, I designed it. That's why you couldn't find any details online ;). I'm working on a short version and I'll post that here in the next few days.
Hi Rods
I'm glad that you liked my tracks. Especially that you enjoyed my Ultra Speedway since that's one of my first designs (waiting for a long time to make some sort of Red Rock Valley Speedway clone)

Wow, your Vigio track is imaginary?
I kinda missed the green tag (fantasy) since remakes are also green
It really looks like a real circuit

Excellent job!!!

Hi Rods
I'm glad that you liked my tracks. Especially that you enjoyed my Ultra Speedway since that's one of my first designs (waiting for a long time to make some sort of Red Rock Valley Speedway clone)

Wow, your Vigio track is imaginary?

I really enjoyed it, and I've just reviewed it, btw.

I'm definitely flattered by the similarity with a real circuit. Thanks!!

Last edited:
Back