• 52 comments

Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
It's easy to share your custom GT6 tracks with others on the Internet, but getting the correct URL can be a little tricky the first time. Here's a quick guide which shows you how. Note that if you want to download another user's tracks and don't have their track's URL, check out this guide from @Ameer67.

Step 1:

Sign in to your Gran Turismo account on this page.

You'll be taken to a page which shows your profile. Click the "Shared Track" tab:

Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 5.04.56 PM.png

Step 2:

Click on the saved track you'd like to share. This will open a small window that shows you the track details.

Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 5.05.20 PM.png

Step 3:

With the track window open, click the URL in your browser window and copy this link.

Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 5.05.58 PM.png

Step 4:

Paste this link somewhere you can edit it (or just edit in place, if you want). Change the URL by replacing "mypage" segment with "friend/Your_Username". Just replace "Your_Username" with your PlayStation Network username - it's case-sensitive, so be sure to capitalize any letters if needed.

Here's an example of what I would change to share my track with my username, "GTP_Jordan":

Original URL:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/mypage/course/1000201/​

New URL:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/GTP_Jordan/course/1000201/​

You can now share this new URL with anyone and, upon visiting the page, they'll be prompted to download and save it to their own account to play within Gran Turismo 6. If you have trouble or need any help, please reply to this thread.

Make sure that the option to make your page visible to non-friends is ticked. Log in to www.Gran-turismo.com and use the settings link at the top right of the page.

gtpagevisible.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I created two tracks the other day now every time I try to transfer my tracks it says transfer failed?Please help me why is this happening.I'm not talking about sharing with the community it's transfer from ipad to ps3.
Thanks
Cheers everyone the reason I couldn't transfer to ps3 was my connection all good now.

Last edited:
It's easy to share your custom GT6 tracks with others on the Internet, but getting the correct URL can be a little tricky the first time. Here's a quick guide which shows you how. Note that if you want to download another user's tracks and don't have their track's URL, check out this guide from @Ameer67.

Step 1:

Sign in to your Gran Turismo account on this page.

You'll be taken to a page which shows your profile. Click the "Shared Track" tab:

View attachment 456214

Step 2:

Click on the saved track you'd like to share. This will open a small window that shows you the track details.

View attachment 456216

Step 3:

With the track window open, click the URL in your browser window and copy this link.

View attachment 456277

Step 4:

Paste this link somewhere you can edit it (or just edit in place, if you want). Change the URL by replacing "mypage" segment with "friend/Your_Username". Just replace "Your_Username" with your PlayStation Network username - it's case-sensitive, so be sure to capitalize any letters if needed.

Here's an example of what I would change to share my track with my username, "GTP_Jordan":

Original URL:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/mypage/course/1000201/​

New URL:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/GTP_Jordan/course/1000201/​

You can now share this new URL with anyone and, upon visiting the page, they'll be prompted to download and save it to their own account to play within Gran Turismo 6. If you have trouble or need any help, please reply to this thread.
I know how to do this it's when I transfer from ipad to ps3 for some reason it says transfer failed why>

I know how to do this it's when I transfer from ipad to ps3 for some reason it says transfer failed why>

I had exactly this the other day. I closed down the app, turned off my (wife's) iPad, restarted the iPad, restarted app, login again and transfer then worked.

Somebody help me please, what am I doing wrong.????

I log in on this page,
View attachment 456505

and get this, it dosent work at all for me, been trying for days...arghhhhhh

View attachment 456506
I had similar...the app messed with my login page....I could only get to comunity by clicking back to comunity or the comunity logo at the top of GT page you have there...to find I'm already logged in.....no way will it let me sign in useing that page you have there....I reinstalled the app but this problem still remains but at least the app works and I can get to comunity although it be through the GT.com and not my home screen link...

Hey @Jordan, I have a question about the submitting a track resource. I want to submit a track but I do not know where to submit it at. I make realistic tracks but they are not in real life. I just use my imagination when creating them and make sure they would be legible to race on; however, I base their locations on real cities and countries. I didn't know if I should put it in Circuit replica or Experimental.

My tracks are not full Circuit replicas because it's not a real life track but it's realistic and based off of how real world tracks/circuits are.

I don't consider them full experimental tracks because there not experiments tracks or test tracks. They're pretty much finished and won't be touched for awhile. I won't share them if they are in the experimental/development stage
(Then again, I might be missing the point of what an Experimental track is)

Just a reminder, this isn't really the best place to ask if you're having trouble with the apps. Here's a thread where people are talking about the "transferred failed" error message.

Hey @Jordan, I have a question about the submitting a track resource. I want to submit a track but I do not know where to submit it at. I make realistic tracks but they are not in real life. I just use my imagination when creating them and make sure they would be legible to race on; however, I base their locations on real cities and countries. I didn't know if I should put it in Circuit replica or Experimental.

My tracks are not full Circuit replicas because it's not a real life track but it's realistic and based off of how real world tracks/circuits are.

I don't consider them full experimental tracks because there not experiments tracks or test tracks. They're pretty much finished and won't be touched for awhile. I won't share them if they are in the experimental/development stage
(Then again, I might be missing the point of what an Experimental track is)
I've just added some new categories. I would recommend "Circuit (Fantasy)" for your track.

I created two tracks the other day now every time I try to transfer my tracks it says transfer failed?Please help me why is this happening.I'm not talking about sharing with the community it's transfer from ipad to ps3.
Thanks
Cheers everyone the reason I couldn't transfer to ps3 was my connection all good now.
Make sure you are logged into your PSN account to transfer

Does anyone know what format the picture upload (for the track icon) accepts? I've resized my track picture to smaller than 96x96, tried JPEG and PNG and it still says upload fails. Thanks!

Does anyone know what format the picture upload (for the track icon) accepts? I've resized my track picture to smaller than 96x96, tried JPEG and PNG and it still says upload fails. Thanks!
Either format will work, and the images will be automatically cropped/resized for you. It's working fine for me, so there may be something wrong with the images you're trying to use. Try converting them to another format or using a different file.

I also have Problems to share/Transfer my 1st course to GT&/PS3 !
In he App on the tablet I click on the "Transfer" button, then opens the PSN-Sign In Page, I enter my Password and am told that I am signed in and I can go back to continue with my App.
When I continue and return to the App, all I get is this:

tempFileForShare%281%29.jpg

Which simply translated into English is just to say: "Sign In Not Possible".
I can Play this game over and over again, always with the same result (while I have to sign in on the PSN-Site newly every time instead of staying logged in).
Is there no other way to get my course on to my PS3 / PSN ???:confused: :confused: :confused:
Thanks!

Either format will work, and the images will be automatically cropped/resized for you. It's working fine for me, so there may be something wrong with the images you're trying to use. Try converting them to another format or using a different file.

That's weird. I just PrintScreen the track picture from GT website, then cropped it in MS Paint. Still failed to upload :/ Do I need to open an album here first or something? The PNG is around 5KB and the JPG around 1.7KB in size. Both 81x81 pixels with 24 bit depth.

Also tried BMP, GIF, TIFF formats with no success.

Tried uploading from Pictures folder and Desktop and both also failed.

Oddly I tried uploading the picture as my avatar and it worked.

I then tried uploading my avatar for the course database and it failed.

Upload a file for the forums reply also failed.

I'm out of ideas Jordan :guilty:

Last edited:
@LeGeNd-1 Email me [webmaster at gtplanet.net] the file that's not working and I'll take a look at it.

Done! I sent an email to webmaster@gtplanet.net (unless I got your meaning wrongly). Thanks a bunch for looking into this issue :)👍
Thanks, I got it. 👍 Both images worked without error when I tried setting them on your resource: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/mt-akina.2056/

I don't know what would cause your problem. It could be a browser issue, security software, or something else on your PC.

@Jordan: How can I categorize my tracks? Mine (Porsche Weissach) is right now the only one without a category.
On your track's page, click the "Edit Resource" link in the sidebar (or near the bottom of the page if you're on a mobile). In the "Title" field, you'll be able to select a "Track Type" prefix, then hit save. This assigns your track to a category.

@Jordan
I dont know where to ask this question ( i remember there was a thread on the request of Track resource management , but i can't find it anymore ).

Anyhow, my question (request) is :

Can we have the width of the track as another information to be put in during the addition of a Resource (track) ?
That would be helpful.

The question of scaling is still a mysterious topic, but at some point we need to be able to know whether a track is properly scaled...

Thanks in advance Jordan.

As far as I'm aware, there is no place to review the width of the track after you first set the parameter in the app. I suppose some people make a note of that, but it's otherwise not shown anywhere on the gran-turismo.com site or in the game (correct me if I'm wrong).

As such, I don't think it's worth cluttering the forms to add that field. I'll leave it to the more sophisticated track developers to include width setting details in the full description. Nevertheless, it seems a bit superfluous as to what the specific width value for the track actually is - it's either a good replica with the proper scale or it isn't - and that's something that should be noted in the discussions or the reviews.

Thanks, I got it. 👍 Both images worked without error when I tried setting them on your resource: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/mt-akina.2056/

I don't know what would cause your problem. It could be a browser issue, security software, or something else on your PC.

Thanks Jordan! Appreciate all your help 👍

I'm thinking it's probably my aging PC. I use Firefox updated to the latest version and AVG as antivirus (which doesn't pose a problem anywhere else). But my PC sometimes fail to display newer sites correctly. Probably the upload feature is one of those (weird that the avatar upload is fine though).

Note to self: stop being a cheapskate and upgrade your 7 year old laptop :P

I also have Problems to share/Transfer my 1st course to GT&/PS3 !
In he App on the tablet I click on the "Transfer" button, then opens the PSN-Sign In Page, I enter my Password and am told that I am signed in and I can go back to continue with my App.
When I continue and return to the App, all I get is this:

tempFileForShare%281%29.jpg

Which simply translated into English is just to say: "Sign In Not Possible".
I can Play this game over and over again, always with the same result (while I have to sign in on the PSN-Site newly every time instead of staying logged in).
Is there no other way to get my course on to my PS3 / PSN ???:confused: :confused: :confused:
Thanks!

same problem,maybe if it's reported as a bug,they wil fix it with an update hopefully.

I have the same problem. I go back into Tools and log out then log back in. That typically works for me. It seems that the connection severs when my iPad goes into sleep mode

Back