Autodrive -v- Wheel Pedals and Gears

• Thread starter Harpic
  • 3 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Harpic1950
Why play a real driving Sim and use Autodrive and a controller? Surely it must ruin it even if it makes you faster? Winning at any price? Winning with skill is surely so much better?

Why not? If folks enjoy that then what's the harm? I'm just pleased that PD seems to have given people plenty of choice and supports almost any skill level.

Those options will never be faster than someone who really wants to embrace realism but not everyone want to be the next F1 champion.

Last edited:
I thought this was about hitting the options button and putting the car into Autodrive while the menu was showing.

I guess you mean Automatic gears. Not everyone can be as wicked cool as us manual drivers but thats fine.

Autodrive? Faster? You must be 30 seconds off the pace :lol: /s
On a more serious note, the autodrive features are for the kids who don't really have a grasp on the game. We're talking 8 year olds and such, because as bizarre as it may seem, there is indeed such a young demographic playing this game. I agree with you that winning with skill indeed feels so much better, but if we're gonna talk about autodrive winning is far from being the end goal. It's just to keep you in the track in the first place :)

Back