Which transmission?

• Automatic

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Manual

Votes: 35 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
manual.

it's good for drifting because when you're in the middle of a long drift and ur losing some speed and all of a sudden it downshifts...more often then not you'll spin

I love using manual. Especially when playing against human opponents that use automatics. I like being able to be neck to neck with someone, and then dropping gears, and taking off after coming out of a turn, when they can't.

Originally posted by CarbonFiber Man
I use Auto all the time, and I have ALL GOLD on all the licences except for two - S3 and S5. I haven't had time to work on those 2 yet. So, it is easily possible to get good race times with auto, you just have to know how to drive good;)

In real life, however, I REFUSE to own a car with an Automatic transmission. Just no fun at all.:cool:

i agree.. only manual for real life.. but i play gt the most late at night when my fiance is sleeping, so i dont get any sound.... so its auto for me.... i've made it through 98.5% of the game with auto :)

i use auto because i get better times with auto then manual

example: midfield raceway- auto: 0.49.xxx, manual: 0.56.xxx

deep forest- auto:0.54xxx manual: 0.57.xxx

i guess im just retaterd lol

Originally posted by HsV_CoUpE
i use auto because i get better times with auto then manual

example: midfield raceway- auto: 0.49.xxx, manual: 0.56.xxx

deep forest- auto:0.54xxx manual: 0.57.xxx

i guess im just retaterd lol
Those are some pretty big time spreads. It takes a while to get used to manual, but once you get it down it becomes second nature. I don't even think about it, I just do it. My manual times are faster than my auto times.

I like the manual because it gives me more control during braking. I can shift down and it allows me to control the braking. almost like abs
:) :D

Just changed over to racing w/ a manual tranny after 10+ years of doing it with an auto - it may be hard, but I'm slowly getting used to it.

I used to always use an automatic cause I was lazy. It was just easier to let the car shift for me while I concentrated on driving. But in the past while, I've been driving a manual a lot more. It really allows me to have better control over the power, and it didn't take me long to get used to downshifting while braking. So manual for me.

Manual because you can get that tiny bit faster, plus it's more interesting and challenging. In Auto the AI shifts at the same moment for all cars, but in reality they can be driven faster by delaying or accelerating the gear shifts.

Back