Automatic or Manual Transmission?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 3' started by danibus, Mar 24, 2003.

?

Which transmission?

Poll closed Apr 3, 2003.
  1. Automatic

14 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Manual

35 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. Alpha_32

Alpha_32

manual.

it's good for drifting because when you're in the middle of a long drift and ur losing some speed and all of a sudden it downshifts...more often then not you'll spin

2. Acidman

Acidman

i always use automatic, i can then just concentrate on my driving and not my gears. :D

3. IceGT

IceGT

I love using manual. Especially when playing against human opponents that use automatics. I like being able to be neck to neck with someone, and then dropping gears, and taking off after coming out of a turn, when they can't.

4. IntegraGS-R

IntegraGS-R

i agree.. only manual for real life.. but i play gt the most late at night when my fiance is sleeping, so i dont get any sound.... so its auto for me.... i've made it through 98.5% of the game with auto :)

5. meeekael

meeekael

Way more people using auto than i expected......wow

6. WSSSUP

WSSSUP

Manual

More control more power...

:D

7. HsV_CoUpE

HsV_CoUpE

i use auto because i get better times with auto then manual

example: midfield raceway- auto: 0.49.xxx, manual: 0.56.xxx

deep forest- auto:0.54xxx manual: 0.57.xxx

i guess im just retaterd lol

8. HsV_CoUpE

HsV_CoUpE

oh and BTW this is with the polyphony001

9. thinkers

thinkers

Those are some pretty big time spreads. It takes a while to get used to manual, but once you get it down it becomes second nature. I don't even think about it, I just do it. My manual times are faster than my auto times.

10. stevo357

stevo357

I like the manual because it gives me more control during braking. I can shift down and it allows me to control the braking. almost like abs
    :) :D

11. GTSRacer

GTSRacer

Just changed over to racing w/ a manual tranny after 10+ years of doing it with an auto - it may be hard, but I'm slowly getting used to it.

12. Naveek Darkroom

Naveek Darkroom

I used to always use an automatic cause I was lazy. It was just easier to let the car shift for me while I concentrated on driving. But in the past while, I've been driving a manual a lot more. It really allows me to have better control over the power, and it didn't take me long to get used to downshifting while braking. So manual for me.

13. AlexGTV

AlexGTV (Banned)

Manual because you can get that tiny bit faster, plus it's more interesting and challenging. In Auto the AI shifts at the same moment for all cars, but in reality they can be driven faster by delaying or accelerating the gear shifts.