Automation-Car Company Tycoon

• Thread starter alex10798
  • 391 comments
Wow so glad this is finally on Steam, its great, because to people who purchased it before you can use your old key by converting it into a Steam Key (which you would, because the old launcher isn't being supported).

Biggest update I think the game has ever had, its also on special on steam too for folks interested, love this game, you should look it up.

Biggest update I think the game has ever had, its also on special on steam too for folks interested, love this game, you should look it up.
Do you mean on sale? If so how much for?

^^^^^

For the right price it would be worth it, I tried the demo a couple of years ago and was underwhelmed. I've been needing a reason beyond this Skyrim code to download Steam anyway.

Transferred to Steam account! The new update is outstanding! The framerate is really fast and constant now (80-130 average instead of 35 constantly.)!

So how is the steam version so far?

Also is the I4 engine competition still a thing?
Great.

The multiplayer is currently disabled so we'd have to do it through text and pictures. Idk what the category our regulations will be, though.

Great.

The multiplayer is currently disabled so we'd have to do it through text and pictures. Idk what the category our regulations will be, though.
Does the multiplayer aspect work in the demo? If not then text/pictures could work as well.

Yeah. The engines look great, but the car models and parts ruin it completely. I want to like it, but seeing as the end result is to mimic what you'd release as a car company the pay off is spoilt by amateur model designs.

Sure it's 3 people, but I'm sure the PC mod community could do much better.

VXR
Yeah. The engines look great, but the car models and parts ruin it completely. I want to like it, but seeing as the end result is to mimic what you'd release as a car company the pay off is spoilt by amateur model designs.

But could a mod community get the multiplayer servers running, the car and engine physics as correct as these guys did or the tycoon part of the game working? Not only is this good because of it only being 3 guys working on it, but this is one of the best Early-Access games out there, as they waited til they had a fully functioning game before they even let you pay in for it, that is a good early-access game. So what if the car models don't look the best, it's not all about the graphics, it's about letting your imagination run wild for whatever car and engine designs you would like to see.

Edit: 1.6 CitiCar almost done, aiming for 160HP.

When I get the full game I will redo my cars starting in 1947 (When my company (Eagle Motor Works) started). Will start with the LM-Series (Cars based off the LeMans 24H). There will be the LM (High Performance Coupe) LM-S (High Performance version) and LM-R (Full on race car)

Last edited:
VXR

Give it more time. Like any PC game, the mod community will make things for it (I assume it'll be mostly vehicle bodies, but it could be things like electric or hybrid engines).

Give it more time. Like any PC game, the mod community will make things for it (I assume it'll be mostly vehicle bodies, but it could be things like electric or hybrid engines).
There's a thing called the Automation Hub where you can download other peoples cars and engines I think.

There's a thing called the Automation Hub where you can download other peoples cars and engines I think.
Yes. But those are cars and engines built in-game. The mod community (knowing them) would make new bodies and perhaps new engines from scratch.

So, like engines and bodies taken straight from a real car?
Yeah, that would almost definitely be the thing that modders will do.
If the modding community is willing to make the NPC cars in Euro Truck with real badging, why not car bodies and external parts for this?

Yeah, that would almost definitely be the thing that modders will do.
If the modding community is willing to make the NPC cars in Euro Truck with real badging, why not car bodies and external parts for this?
Well, the game has identical head and taillights to those used in the S15 Silvia, unsure about others. I think it also has taillights similar to those used in the Nissan GT-R. I prefer to make my own custom designs.

The makers themselves are going to allow users to download a **** ton of custom bodies and fixtures that were made by the modding community. The engines part will never happen, however, because they need to have the precise calculations for the engines. There will be V6, 10,12 and 16 engines along I5, I3 and possibly flat engines as well. Just give them time.

Back